Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline mike c  
#1 Posted : 13 May 2014 07:54:23(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
I was very happy to see that Liliput (Bachmann) had decided to release models of the EWI coaches in the blue/beige livery with upgraded doors and the current bls logo. I got my set of a pair of EWI B and one EWIA. I decided not to buy the EWI AB (1st/2nd class) coach as my consist was long enough as is.

I plan to run this consist behind one of my new Rivarossi Re 425 (Re 4/4) or the Roco Re 420.5 along with my Lima BDt in the NPZ colours. The BLS has at least one of these pilot coaches still in NPZ colours but with added BLS logos.

The coaches are basically the same as the recent re-release of the SBB NPZ coaches with a few modifications. The coaches are equipped with vents above the doors which were standard on BLS coaches and some SOB and other ones. The roof has an arrow shaped triangle at each end pointing towards the other end of the coach. I do not know the reason for this feature, but Liliput has rendered this feature along with the line through it that represents where the coaches were extended when the gangways were modernized. As far as I recall, the BLS coaches did not have this line on the roof.
One other difference that I have noted is that the BLS first class coach seem to have had one of the two WC compartments removed, which was done to make room for a bicycle rack. The second class coaches (both BLS and SBB NPZ) do not have this change.

I will post photos of the roof detail and compare it to the earlier models that I have from Lima/Rivarossi.

Overall, these coaches look nice

Regards

Mike C
mike c attached the following image(s):
BLS Liliput-Lima.jpg
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by mike c