Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Webmaster  
#1 Posted : 06 May 2014 19:26:20(UTC)
Webmaster

There are 2 Märklin Digital info days coming up in Stockholm and Copenhagen.

The one in Stockholm is held at trainshop.se May 15th, and the one in Copenhagen at Kystbanen May 21st.

I have planned to visit these two events, so it would be nice to meet forum members there. Smile
I've even changed my avatar image so you know how I look... BigGrin

I hope some members are going to either of these events.

Edited by user 13 May 2014 19:19:25(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Juhan - "Webmaster", at your service...
He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. He who does not ask a question remains a fool forever. [Old Chinese Proverb]
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by Webmaster
Offline Herrfleck  
#2 Posted : 06 May 2014 21:14:32(UTC)
Herrfleck

Sweden   
Hello!

There is also one in Malmö at the hobby store ModellDigital, 20th of May.

I'm going there in the afternoon.

/Bertil
- since my lack in english I don't write so much here.. but learn by trying right? :) -

//Bertil
Offline Webmaster  
#3 Posted : 06 May 2014 22:15:07(UTC)
Webmaster

Thanks Bertil, seems like I will have to go there too - just a stonethrow away from Lund... BigGrin
He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. He who does not ask a question remains a fool forever. [Old Chinese Proverb]
Offline Herrfleck  
#4 Posted : 07 May 2014 18:53:35(UTC)
Herrfleck

Sweden   
Hello Juhan!

Do you live in Lund?!

That's is not far away from where I live! I live in Glemmingebro just 15km from Ystad!

Maybe there are more Märklin friends in this area?
If so, we should have a meet-up sometime. Maybe at a café, or some place like that and talk about modellrailroading and having a nice time.

/Bertil
- since my lack in english I don't write so much here.. but learn by trying right? :) -

//Bertil
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Herrfleck
Offline Webmaster  
#5 Posted : 07 May 2014 20:39:27(UTC)
Webmaster

Bertil, I come from Köpingebro, just a stonethrow away from Glemmingebro.... BigGrin

In the Lund area, we have a couple of members and in Scania there are plenty of us... Wink
Maybe some kind of local Summer Meet at Gloria's in Lund (the place we had the forum 10-year celebrations in 2011)...
Offline Herrfleck  
#6 Posted : 08 May 2014 19:17:24(UTC)
Herrfleck

Sweden   
Hello!

That sounds like a very good ideaThumpUp ThumpUp

I hope there are many members who are interested in joining!

Bertil

//Bertil
Offline xxup  
#7 Posted : 09 May 2014 02:17:33(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
Originally Posted by: Webmaster Go to Quoted Post
..Maybe some kind of local Summer Meet at Gloria's in Lund (the place we had the forum 10-year celebrations in 2011)...

And a certain Australian's birthday in 2012.. LOL

Adrian
UserPostedImage
Australia flag by abFlags.com
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by xxup
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#8 Posted : 09 May 2014 05:16:38(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: xxup Go to Quoted Post
And a certain Australian's birthday in 2012.. LOL

Of which he never misses an opportunity to remind us about......Flapper Flapper

Edited by user 09 May 2014 11:01:39(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 4 users liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline biedmatt  
#9 Posted : 09 May 2014 21:20:07(UTC)
biedmatt

United States   
That is you? I thought you were a cat. Laugh
Matt
Era 3
DB lokos, coaches and freight cars from across Europe
But I do have the obligatory (six) SBB Krocs
ECoS 50200, all FX and MFX decoders replaced with ESU V4s, operated in DCC-RailCom+ with ABC brake control.
With the exception of the passenger wagens with Marklin current conducting couplers, all close couplers have been replaced with Roco 40397.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by biedmatt
Offline Webmaster  
#10 Posted : 13 May 2014 19:16:05(UTC)
Webmaster

Are any members going to the digital info days at Abbe's Trainshop.se this Thursday?
I plan to be there in the early afternoon, would be nice to meet "local" members. Smile
Offline Webmaster  
#11 Posted : 13 May 2014 21:57:42(UTC)
Webmaster

Originally Posted by: biedmatt Go to Quoted Post
That is you? I thought you were a cat. Laugh

I'm just a grey-haired old geezer as many of us are.... BigGrin
Avatar will be changed after these Nordic info days into something else..
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Webmaster
Offline Herrfleck  
#12 Posted : 14 May 2014 19:02:40(UTC)
Herrfleck

Sweden   
Hello !

Any news from Trainshop in Stockholm? Or pictures?

/Bertil.

//Bertil
Offline Webmaster  
#13 Posted : 14 May 2014 20:17:55(UTC)
Webmaster

Not Thursday yet.... BigGrin
Offline xxup  
#14 Posted : 14 May 2014 21:58:26(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
Not Thursday yet.... BigGrin

Yes it is! And it has been for the past 5 Hours and 59minutes.. LOL
Adrian
UserPostedImage
Offline Herrfleck  
#15 Posted : 14 May 2014 22:01:44(UTC)
Herrfleck

Sweden   
Hello !

Sorry !Blushing Blushing Blushing Blushing Blushing

Bertil.

//Bertil
Offline Western Pacific  
#16 Posted : 15 May 2014 17:35:25(UTC)
Western Pacific

Sweden   
I spent over two and a half hour at the Info Day at Trainshop in Stuvsta (just south of Stockholm) today.

This time Dieter Lorenz had driven up from Göppingen and brought a small demo layout. It should be noted that Göppingen to Stuvsta/Stockholm is about 1,670 km one way, a drive I've done for Märklin days in Göppingen and it requires two days. The small demo layout was not the big thing for me but instead the demo of what can be done with the most recent software version for CS2.

The fact that Dieter also had brought a pre-series version of one of the new DSB NOHABs (older livery) and also a pre-series version of the Insider E93 was also nice to see, since I've ordered both livery versions of the DSB NOHAB and the E93 and I am pretty sure that I will not be disappointed when I get delivery of them later this year (or early 2015 for the NOHABs).

Given that I am in an early planning phase for my new layout I found some of the features demonstrated this year useful where you can program automatic running of a train in the CS2 quite interesting. In all my conclusion is that the software of the CS 2 is becoming more and more complete and it is just a question of when I'll get one.

My concern has otherwise been how much would I have to put in place for introducing automatic operation, at least on parts of the layout, and having no experience with that from a digital layout but from an analogue I know that in the analogue case some parts of it was subject to "trial and error" before I got it right.

I also ran into our Webmaster Juhan there and had a nice chat with him and his son. I must admit that I seldom read the event part Blushing of marklin-users.net. Had I done so before the event, then I would for sure have written about my plans to attend.

For those not so familiar with Swedish geography the distance between Lund and Stockholm is just short of 600 km, in other words its is about a 6 hour drive, given that the speed limits in Sweden are 110 or 120 km/h on motorways/freeways (some parts lower - often 70 km/h - in and around cities) and with exception for a short stretch of 30 km it is motorway/freeway all the way.

Edited by user 15 May 2014 21:27:55(UTC)  | Reason: Typo

thanks 4 users liked this useful post by Western Pacific
Offline Webmaster  
#17 Posted : 16 May 2014 01:26:21(UTC)
Webmaster

My son and I took a drive to the Stockholm area & back today to visit Abbes trainshop.se and hopefully talk to Dieter a little.
Unfortunately he was too busy during the short time we were there so I never reached him, but he'll get 2 more chances next week.... BigGrin

As Per (Western Pacific) mentioned, we had a very nice chat (in fact more that one) and I also had a nice chat with
Abbe and he also showed his downstairs facilities to me & David and he has about everything in stock... Incredible...
So I must say, trainshop.se & Abbe is a fantastic small family shop operation indeed, and that is admirable.

I must also say that I felt like a 6-year old boy again when I really saw what Abbe's trainshop.se was all about...
It was Märklin model heaven on display, neither Ian nor Utkan can't match it - believe me... If I had had that big
lottery win, I would have backed up a lorry trailer and say - "Fill it"... ;-)))

So if you have trouble finding some models, contact Abbe at trainshop.se - they may have it...

Ok, some pics.... (Lousy phone pics...)
And if any of you in the pics are members here, please send me a PM so I can add names...

My son David and Western Pacific among the shelves....

UserPostedImage

Lots of stuff in the shop....

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Abbe's son Gilbert having a breather between tasks...

UserPostedImage

Food was popular...

UserPostedImage

Dieter Lorenz explaining things...

UserPostedImage

For the Croc lovers...

UserPostedImage

Scenic pit stop on the way back from the Stockholm area...
It was about 12 hrs of driving in total for us and David drove around 9 of them, so now he is a bit more
prepared to drive on the German "Autobahn"too if we decide to go to Germany and such for events...

UserPostedImage

Edited by user 16 May 2014 21:58:47(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 14 users liked this useful post by Webmaster
Offline Goofy  
#18 Posted : 16 May 2014 17:27:55(UTC)
Goofy

Very nice trip i suppose!?

Smile
H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
Offline kweekalot  
#19 Posted : 16 May 2014 19:19:16(UTC)
kweekalot

Netherlands   
Hi Juhan,
Great pictures ! ThumpUp
Have you promoted the forum on the Digital day ?

Marco
Offline Webmaster  
#20 Posted : 16 May 2014 19:39:20(UTC)
Webmaster

No promotion, except discussing a little with Abbe about possible "future plans"... Wink
Very low profile from us, time was a bit limited...
Offline utkan  
#21 Posted : 17 May 2014 07:40:41(UTC)
utkan

Turkey   

It was Märklin model heaven on display, neither Ian nor Utkan can't match it - believe me... If I had had that big
lottery win, I would have backed up a lorry trailer and say - "Fill it"... ;-)))

If can still be thought about in the presence of these cupboards, the thing I feel deserves more than proud.....Love Love LOL
Do unto others, as you would have them do unto you...
Offline Webmaster  
#22 Posted : 20 May 2014 19:11:35(UTC)
Webmaster

Had a very nice day at the Märklin digital info day at Modell Digital ( http://modelldigital.se ) in Malmö today.

A very nice and friendly shop and a very pleasant afternoon indeed. I met members Herrfleck and Lilja in the shop too and it was great fun.
I had never been in this shop earlier, so it was a very nice surprise and I will certainly go there again - already have some items noted that I saw in the shop....

I also managed to have a nice chat with Dieter Lorenz and got the name of a guy at Märklin to contact about language translations and such.

I am sure Herrfleck will tell us much more about the afternoon, and especially about Märklin service... Wink

Pictures say more than 1000 words, so...

There was great interest in the presentations...

UserPostedImage

Even Mr Lorenz showed his face to the camera...

UserPostedImage

Hans & Bertil (Lilja & Herrfleck)...

UserPostedImage

The Modell Digital shop owners...

UserPostedImage

Are there any members going to the event at Kystbanen in Copenhagen tomorrow?
thanks 11 users liked this useful post by Webmaster
Offline Herrfleck  
#23 Posted : 20 May 2014 21:01:22(UTC)
Herrfleck

Sweden   
Hello!

Today I visited ModellDigital at Märklin Info-Day!

I met the Webmaster and Lilja in the shop. It was very nice to meet them in real life!

I also had the pleasure to talk to Mr Dieter Lorenz. He is very high skilled in his profession and very helpful and kind person.

He showed how the Digital System works and also showed a lot of the loc news of 2014.

I had bought a new Märklin BR 94 at a fair in Germany. I ran the loc for about an hour and then it suddenly stopped. I tried to locate the problem myself, but decided to bring it with me today. Mr Dieter also looked at it, but he said that he couldn't find the problem right there. So he offered to bring it with him to Germany, and promised that Märklin Service is gonna fix it. They'll then send it back to me when it's been taken care of. This is really amazing service and very helpful! I didn't even have a warranty card or receipt for the loc. A big thank you Märklin for this incredible service ThumpUp

/Bertil

Insider Modell E93
UserPostedImage

Lilja and Webmaster
UserPostedImage

BR 41
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

DSB Noab
UserPostedImage

E93
UserPostedImage

BR 41
UserPostedImage

BR 01
UserPostedImage

They also had a layout in the shop. (2 rail)
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Dieter Lorenz
UserPostedImage

//Bertil
thanks 12 users liked this useful post by Herrfleck
Offline Webmaster  
#24 Posted : 20 May 2014 21:13:54(UTC)
Webmaster

As an additional note Bertil's pictures...

What you see is a protoype of the Insider E43 model, and the single existing prototype for the new NOHAB mould
which is more correct to scale and details than the one they have been repainting since the 60:s...
They both looked great, and those who have ordered the Insider E43 will not be disappointed...

Mr Lorenz is a very nice guy, and while Bertil and I was talking to him we also got into more "personal" talk - which was very nice.
And I must echo the grade of professionalism, product knowledge and the servicemindedness he showed as Bertil stated...

He would be most welcome as a member here... Smile
thanks 7 users liked this useful post by Webmaster
Offline Hoffmann  
#25 Posted : 20 May 2014 23:00:23(UTC)
Hoffmann

Canada   

Hello Juhan,

Would it be possible to get a track Plan form their Store Layout ( it looks very good ).

Martin
marklin-eh
Offline xxup  
#26 Posted : 20 May 2014 23:10:40(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
Can you please also ask him when he plans to come to Australia?
Adrian
UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by xxup
Offline Purellum  
#27 Posted : 21 May 2014 09:09:28(UTC)
Purellum

Denmark   
Cool

I will try to find time to come to Kystbanen today; I think I'll be there around 2 o'clock.

Per.

Cool
If you can dream it, you can do it!

I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it into the public domain. This applies worldwide.

In case this is not legally possible:
I grant anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Purellum
Offline Herrfleck  
#28 Posted : 21 May 2014 18:30:32(UTC)
Herrfleck

Sweden   
Originally Posted by: Hoffmann Go to Quoted Post

Hello Juhan,

Would it be possible to get a track Plan form their Store Layout ( it looks very good ).

Martin

Hello!

I don't know if Juhan has the track plan, he told me that this was his first time ever visiting this shop. (Juhan, if you have the track plan, sorry that I was wrong).

I've known the store owner for a long time, since I'm a regular customer there.

Here is an article in a swedish train magazine about the store layout. I'm sorry that it's only in swedish, but you can all enjoy the pictures.

Their track plan is a modified track plan from a 51 years old Fleischmann track plan book.

It's 120 cm x 270 cm.

Hope you like it, even if it's in swedish.

/Bertil

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

//Bertil
thanks 7 users liked this useful post by Herrfleck
Offline Goofy  
#29 Posted : 21 May 2014 18:34:04(UTC)
Goofy

Okey folks!
Today did i and webmaster visit Kystbanen who did held this wonderful sunny day an Märklin digital info.
I did shoot some pictures and hope you will like it. Smile

Goofy attached the following image(s):
DSC_0004.JPG
DSC_0005.JPG
DSC_0006.JPG
DSC_0007.JPG
DSC_0008.JPG
DSC_0009.JPG
DSC_0010.JPG
DSC_0011.JPG
DSC_0013.JPG
DSC_0014.JPG
DSC_0015.JPG
DSC_0016.JPG
H0
thanks 10 users liked this useful post by Goofy
Offline Webmaster  
#30 Posted : 21 May 2014 19:11:20(UTC)
Webmaster

As Goofy has already posted, we had a great day at Kystbanen...

It was especially nice to finally meet Purellum after so many years in the forum. ThumpUp
Thank you Per for the gift, the nice chats and also for the taxi back to the station... Smile

I hope Erik (the guy in the white T-shirt in Goofy's pics) will join as he promised , he had a great video of his layout that must be seen..

And that E43 is really wonderful - all metal... Wink
Webmaster attached the following image(s):
Dieter_Goofy.jpg
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by Webmaster
Offline Erik Stampe  
#31 Posted : 21 May 2014 20:20:44(UTC)
Erik Stampe

Denmark   
Hi Forum-members

I have finally decided to join after some years off thinking about it.
I had the pleasure of meeting webmaster, Goofy and Purellum
and i will when i have more time show some pictures of my little layoutBigGrin and a video.
Kind regards Erik
thanks 7 users liked this useful post by Erik Stampe
Offline kweekalot  
#32 Posted : 21 May 2014 20:24:43(UTC)
kweekalot

Netherlands   
Hi Erik,
Welcome to the forum ! ThumpUp

Marco
Offline steventrain  
#33 Posted : 21 May 2014 20:40:15(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Hi and Welcome to the forum Erik!
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
Offline Goofy  
#34 Posted : 21 May 2014 21:00:53(UTC)
Goofy

Originally Posted by: Erik Stampe Go to Quoted Post
Hi Forum-members

I have finally decided to join after some years off thinking about it.
I had the pleasure of meeting webmaster, Goofy and Purellum
and i will when i have more time show some pictures of my little layoutBigGrin and a video.
Kind regards Erik

Hello Erik!
Cool to see you here!
We wish you happy enjoyment here in the forum.

Smile

H0
Offline Webmaster  
#35 Posted : 21 May 2014 21:12:14(UTC)
Webmaster

Welcome Erik, about time.... BigGrin
Offline Herrfleck  
#36 Posted : 21 May 2014 22:13:10(UTC)
Herrfleck

Sweden   
Hello!

Welcome Erik to the greatest forum for the greatest hobby in the world!!

Here are some photos of the info days wagon Märklin 48334 I bought at the hobby shop Modelldigital.

Bertil.

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

//Bertil
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Herrfleck
Offline Erik Stampe  
#37 Posted : 21 May 2014 22:20:30(UTC)
Erik Stampe

Denmark   
Hi guys
thanks for the warm welcome
as promised a link to the video of my layout at its current state
I have a rather large rebuild planned for the summer/autumnBlushing

Kind regards from here

Erik

Edited by moderator 23 May 2014 21:33:28(UTC)  | Reason: Added the YT tags to show video directly in the forum /Webmaster

thanks 7 users liked this useful post by Erik Stampe
Offline Purellum  
#38 Posted : 21 May 2014 23:11:43(UTC)
Purellum

Denmark   
Cool

Hello Erik, and wellcome.

Very nice to meet you, Goofy, Webmaster and also Per Olsen at Kystbanen today.

Per.

P.S: Note to self: Smile a little less when pictures are taken. LOL

Cool
If you can dream it, you can do it!

I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it into the public domain. This applies worldwide.

In case this is not legally possible:
I grant anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.

UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Purellum
Offline Webmaster  
#39 Posted : 21 May 2014 23:24:05(UTC)
Webmaster

And I should stay still and just smile a little bit in a serious manner... LOL LOL LOL
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Webmaster
Offline Renato  
#40 Posted : 23 May 2014 00:17:38(UTC)
Renato

Italy   
Hi Erik,

A warm welcome from me too !

Cheers

Renato
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Renato
Offline MalinAC  
#41 Posted : 30 June 2014 09:51:34(UTC)
MalinAC

Ireland   
Hi Erik, a very warm welcome from Ireland Cool Cool Cool Cool Have fun , Eddie
Offline Danlake  
#42 Posted : 30 June 2014 16:25:24(UTC)
Danlake

New Zealand   
Hi Erik,

Welcome to the forum.

A beautiful layout. I like the simple and elegant way you have designed the homemade bridges. Well done!

Brgds - Lasse
Digital 11m2 layout / C (M&K) tracks / Era IV / CS3 60226 / Train Controller Gold 9 with 4D sound. Mainly Danish and German Locomotives.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Danlake
Offline michelvr  
#43 Posted : 30 June 2014 16:55:00(UTC)
michelvr

Canada   
Hello Eric,

A very warm welcome from Canada! I really like what you have done on your layout! The turntable and exit tracks look very impressive with all those locomotives!

Michel
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by michelvr
Offline steventrain  
#44 Posted : 30 June 2014 21:53:46(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Excellent video, Erik.ThumpUp

I notice two turntables on layout.
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by steventrain
Offline Shamu  
#45 Posted : 01 July 2014 05:35:50(UTC)
Shamu

Australia   
Excellent layout Erik and welcome BigGrin
Sad when its cheaper to buy a new 29640 starter set from Germany than a CS2 on its own in Oz, welcome to the joys of Marklin down under .