Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline steventrain  
#1 Posted : 03 May 2014 08:25:51(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
See here >RMweb Forum<
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by steventrain
Offline jeehring  
#2 Posted : 03 May 2014 12:03:10(UTC)
jeehring

this year all manufacturers will raise their prices .... Expect an average increase around 14% for Marklin*** ....
Production volumes will be down, too. Everything has already been integrated in their forecasts . Remember that the plant in Gyor should be demolished.
They build one large two-storey plant to replace those several small buildings ....
We must admitt that during the last 7 - 5 years, Marklin retail prices have remained quite stable ...
....but they have played too much on the quality of their concepts...(not in the right way for the customer). I would like them to come back to better standards.( fortunately they still offer brownish metal buffers....Wink )

*** Bugfix: sorry, the exact terms I've been told is :"...should be an increase of about 12%-15%..."

Edited by user 04 May 2014 00:22:12(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by jeehring
Offline CarlosAlberto  
#3 Posted : 03 May 2014 16:52:07(UTC)
CarlosAlberto

Portugal   
Originally Posted by: jeehring Go to Quoted Post

this year all manufacturers will raise their prices .... Expect an average increase around 14% for Marklin ....
Production volumes will be down, too. Everything has already been integrated in their forecasts . Remember that the plant in Gyor should be demolished.
They build one large two-storey plant to replace those several small buildings ....
We must admitt that during the last 7 - 5 years, Marklin retail prices have remained quite stable ...
....but they have played too much on the quality of their concepts...(not in the right way for the customer). I would like them to come back to better standards.( fortunately they still offer brownish metal buffers....Wink )

So...

They keep china component parts production... They keep bad regulation decoders control... and they keep locomotive's "el cheapo" motors...

And then, they increase value around 14% for.... (as i could see from modellbahnshop-lippe.com)

Wish you luck, Marklin!!! (comment deleted)

Edited by user 04 May 2014 03:49:12(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Regards
Carlos
... 51 years living with Marklin at my side.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by CarlosAlberto
Offline CarlosAlberto  
#4 Posted : 03 May 2014 17:28:46(UTC)
CarlosAlberto

Portugal   
Originally Posted by: CarlosAlberto Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: jeehring Go to Quoted Post

this year all manufacturers will raise their prices .... Expect an average increase around 14% for Marklin ....

So...

They keep china parts production... They keep bad regulation decoders control... and they keep locomotive's "el cheapo" motors...

And then, they increase value around 14% for.... (as i could see from modellbahnshop-lippe.com)

Wish you very good luck, Marklin!!! (burn in hell!)

How hard is it for you (Marklin, and so) to understand that we, buyers, are the really ones who have the power to made the prices???
Regards
Carlos
Offline CarlosAlberto  
#5 Posted : 03 May 2014 19:30:19(UTC)
CarlosAlberto

Portugal   
... as Marklin products weren't expensive enough!!

At the same time, they do the same as other major companies do:

instead they keep European Union production and help countries like us (yes, us, Portugal as you know), or Greece, or any other country

with insolvency\unemployment problems, no... They go to China\India!! And they want to be competitive with bad quality components!!

And afterall, they wait for us (europeans) to buy their products!! (and yes, we build for your comfort!)

Unfortunatlly, this is the world we have, each day more!! These words, are not for them... Are for us all!!

God help me not buy from you, Marklin! Anymore!

That is all i wish!!
Regards
Carlos
Offline Mike M  
#6 Posted : 03 May 2014 21:27:51(UTC)
Mike M

Canada   
I agree with Carlos.This is a worldwide problem.Outsourcing has become epidemic worldwide. As soon as these fancy suits take over a company,all they care about is increasing the bottom line,to hell with quality.
Good luck Marklin,we will see how that works out for you.

Cheers Mike
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Mike M
Offline kimballthurlow  
#7 Posted : 04 May 2014 00:24:22(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
Hi,
This was a simple post by Stephen to make members aware of price rises with one hobby manufacturer.
And Roland replied with a related comment.

I am sure he did not expect it to turn into a blog of vitriol or diatribe on what Marklin may or may not do.

We are after all, just talking about a hobby using model and toy trains.

regards
Kimball
HO Scale - Märklin (ep II-III and VI, C Track, digital) - 2 rail HO (Queensland Australia, UK, USA) - 3 rail OO (English Hornby Dublo) - old clockwork O gauge - Live Steam 90mm (3.1/2 inch) gauge.
thanks 5 users liked this useful post by kimballthurlow
Offline kbvrod  
#8 Posted : 04 May 2014 02:17:50(UTC)
kbvrod

United States   
Hi all,
Vote with your wallet.

Dr D
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by kbvrod
Offline CarlosAlberto  
#9 Posted : 04 May 2014 02:33:09(UTC)
CarlosAlberto

Portugal   
Originally Posted by: kimballthurlow Go to Quoted Post
Hi,
This was a simple post by Stephen to make members aware of price rises with one hobby manufacturer.

I am sure he did not expect it to turn into a blog of vitriol or diatribe on what Marklin may or may not do.

We are after all, just talking about a hobby using model and toy trains.

regards
Kimball

1st of all: no one here commented that forum member whatsoever...

2ndlly: to me, this is a subject like any other subject (concerning to M)

at last: if you are not satisfied with any comments, better you should whining to a moderator...

Maybe he expelled me from here... or delete any\my posts...

And then you will be a happy pearson.
Regards
Carlos
Offline kimballthurlow  
#10 Posted : 04 May 2014 02:55:20(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
Hi Carlos,
Thanks for your reply.

Firstly, a comment should respect the subject matter and the originator of the topic.
You are perfectly free to dislike any models or businesses, and express your opinion.
I just think the language "burn in hell" is inappropriate.
For a number of reasons.

regards
Kimball
HO Scale - Märklin (ep II-III and VI, C Track, digital) - 2 rail HO (Queensland Australia, UK, USA) - 3 rail OO (English Hornby Dublo) - old clockwork O gauge - Live Steam 90mm (3.1/2 inch) gauge.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kimballthurlow
Hax
Offline CarlosAlberto  
#11 Posted : 04 May 2014 03:00:02(UTC)
CarlosAlberto

Portugal   
Hi, Kim!

For that reason i agree with you... Comment is deleted!

(wont you going to think for that comment it's going to happen...)
Regards
Carlos
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#12 Posted : 04 May 2014 04:40:24(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Kimball is right, this was a thread opened by Stephen to make members aware of price rises with one hobby manufacturer - it wasn't opened for everyone to vent their spleens over what Marklin has or hasn't done, or what the politics of outsourcing in Europe are, the rights and wrongs of 3 pole motors, and how good or bad the latest Marklin decoders are!

Please keep the comments on topic, and open another thread if you have another issue you feel needs discussing.
thanks 8 users liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline SNAFU  
#13 Posted : 04 May 2014 10:05:23(UTC)
SNAFU

Australia   
Thanks Stephan

That was an interesting read.
Just speculating.... but maybe that could be why there has been many topics of late relating to Marklins prices and various components. Should it be time for Marklin or any other model train manufacturer to make similar statements.
Amazingly the forum discussion after was mostly very supportive and understanding of their preferred train company taken measures to stay in operation.

Would that be the situation here?

Respect to all
Tony
Tony
Curiosity hasn't killed this cat yet.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by SNAFU
Offline kimballthurlow  
#14 Posted : 04 May 2014 11:04:12(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
Originally Posted by: SNAFU Go to Quoted Post
Thanks Stephan

That was an interesting read.
Just speculating.... but maybe that could be why there has been many topics of late relating to Marklins prices and various components. Should it be time for Marklin or any other model train manufacturer to make similar statements.
Amazingly the forum discussion after was mostly very supportive and understanding of their preferred train company taken measures to stay in operation.

Would that be the situation here?

Respect to all
Tony

Hi Tony,
I would hope that members of the Marklin forum may understand the need for price rises, if it happens.
Every business does it at one time or another.
Marklin have a large operation with 800 employees, it is in their interests (and the interests of the local economy in BW) to remain viable.
And I can only say, with my limited knowledge of their operation, they seem to be very efficient.
(Over 300 new model releases per year, many models have over 300 parts).

Of course there is no obligation for any one on this forum to continue to buy Marklin, whatever happens.

regards
Kimball
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kimballthurlow
Offline RayF  
#15 Posted : 04 May 2014 15:54:10(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
Sometimes you find that those who complain the loudest are those who spend the least anyway.

Vote with your wallet if you're not happy, but please leave the rest of us out of your rantings.
Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by RayF
Offline petestra  
#16 Posted : 04 May 2014 17:24:51(UTC)
petestra

United States   
Bachmann is Bachmann. Märklin is Märklin. I will stick by Märklin as I have done since

I was 11 years old. I am now 61 and I still ♥ my Märklin as much as ever.

Peter Smile
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by petestra