Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline rem  
#1 Posted : 19 April 2014 14:00:33(UTC)
rem

I have a couple of buses and an AMS set with cars, track and controllers and was wondering if they used any common parts such as motors, pickups, track, tires etc.
Offline kweekalot  
#2 Posted : 19 April 2014 17:33:10(UTC)
kweekalot

Netherlands   
Hi Rem,

As you probably know Faller discontinued AMS in 1985, but there is still a lot of interest in AMS.
You can find lots of parts, cars and tracks on German ebay and reproduction parts are available too, you might want to look in this shop here: LINK

Forum member Steve (username Cookee_NZ) is running a fantastic Faller AMS Facebook group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/faller.ams/), you might want to take a look there too.

Marco
Offline cookee_nz  
#3 Posted : 20 April 2014 00:14:11(UTC)
cookee_nz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: rem Go to Quoted Post
I have a couple of buses and an AMS set with cars, track and controllers and was wondering if they used any common parts such as motors, pickups, track, tires etc.

Hi Rem,

Unfortunately, almost nothing is shared between N-Bus and it's big-brother 'AMS'.

The tyres (Gummireifen) are the same - replacing the tyres will make the biggest improvement in performance and operation.

Also I'm fairly certain the chrome wheel hubs are the same.

Finally, the track guide-pin is also shared.

I cannot remember about the pickups (Schleifer), I thought they may be the same but the parts list does not show this.

At one time I believed the motor brushes (Kohle) were also the same as for the old AMS block motor but I seem to recall investigating this and found they were not the same (possibly the N-Bus ones are square and AMS are round) but there may also have been a design change that caused this - a real shame because getting replacements for those could be a big problem and once the brushes are worn it's game over.

Tech info for N-Bus is very very scarce. If you can post up some close-up images of your buses (body removed) showing the chassis from different angles it will help determine which versions you have.

In the meantime, here's something you'll search a long time to find...
cookee_nz attached the following image(s):
TM group g parts.jpg
tm1-01a_0271(crop).jpg
Cookee
Wellington
NZ image
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by cookee_nz
Offline rem  
#4 Posted : 20 April 2014 10:38:49(UTC)
rem

Hi Steve and Marco

Thanks for all the info. At the moment we are remodeling the house and I cannot get to most of my collection but will take some pictures as soon as I can.

Happy Easter

Rob
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by rem