Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Dreadnought  
#1 Posted : 06 April 2014 14:44:26(UTC)
Dreadnought

Canada   
Last week I was on a Rhine cruise from Amsterdam to Basel. The ship stopped in Speyer. I visited the technical museum. Likely many members know of it. I did not.

I found it fascinating. They have a large collection of aircraft mounted on very tall pylons. You can climb up and go through a Lufthansa Boeing 747 for example. To me the most interesting was a canadair saber jet in the colours of the long gone Golden Hawks display team.

They have an excellent collection of locomotives.
Some you could get into the cab. They have steam engines of the following classes: 01, 55, 03, 95, 50, 42, and one from China. They have two 220 diesels. They have a FS F a E 43.

There were some older Marklin tin plate on display. There was a 1 gauge layout too

My visit was short, but wonderful
thanks 6 users liked this useful post by Dreadnought
Offline kweekalot  
#2 Posted : 06 April 2014 15:07:49(UTC)
kweekalot

Netherlands   
Hi Dreadnought,

Have you enjoyed Amsterdam ?
Have you taken any photos in the Speyer museum ?

Marco
Offline Dreadnought  
#3 Posted : 07 April 2014 04:37:51(UTC)
Dreadnought

Canada   
I was only two nights in Amsterdam. Recovery from jet lag was may main mission. I went to the Van Gogh museum. It was excellent. I spent some time at the central station watching trains. I saw the defective Freya sets just outside the station. I liked the look of the Koplopers very much. They had some coupled together, two sets to make one train' but I did not see any with the connecting doors between the two sets open. They are now on my wish list.
I got to the Marklin store on Parnassususwge. It had a very good selection. I got a passenger coach and two NS freight cars. I should have bought a locomotive too. Next time. Other than that I walked around quite a bit. It was pretty. It was fascinating to see buildings on the canals. I will be back.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Dreadnought
Offline kweekalot  
#4 Posted : 07 April 2014 12:59:43(UTC)
kweekalot

Netherlands   
Yes, Amsterdam and the NS koploper are really something.
The nose of the Koploper is very nice and impressive if you're standing next or in front of it.
I took this picture last Friday....

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kweekalot
Offline Nigel Packer  
#5 Posted : 07 April 2014 16:48:58(UTC)
Nigel Packer

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Dreadnought Go to Quoted Post
I was only two nights in Amsterdam. Recovery from jet lag was may main mission. I went to the Van Gogh museum. It was excellent. I spent some time at the central station watching trains. I saw the defective Freya sets just outside the station. I liked the look of the Koplopers very much. They had some coupled together, two sets to make one train' but I did not see any with the connecting doors between the two sets open. They are now on my wish list.
I got to the Marklin store on Parnassususwge. It had a very good selection. I got a passenger coach and two NS freight cars. I should have bought a locomotive too. Next time. Other than that I walked around quite a bit. It was pretty. It was fascinating to see buildings on the canals. I will be back.

Shall we see you at Eurospoor? We discussed this in Goppingen last year!

Best wishes,

Nigel
Märklin collector since age 5.
H0 Collection from 1935 to today.
Offline Dreadnought  
#6 Posted : 07 April 2014 22:30:02(UTC)
Dreadnought

Canada   
I am working on Eurospoor. I have the week before and after booked off. Keep your fingers crossed.
D