Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Shamu  
#1 Posted : 05 April 2014 03:44:22(UTC)
Shamu

Australia   
Every couple of years, and never in a particular order they run a steam train from Maitland out pass my place and out to the other side of Cessnock and back to Maitland again. All I normally get is coal trains every 90min.

I had no idea it was coming out this way let alone that it was today. By the time I realised I wasn't hallucinating and I could hear steam whistles' I was a tad late hobbling (walking stick) out the front of the house to get a photo.

Sorry I didn't have time to get into a better position. When I bought the house back in '96 there was no foliage over the road and you could see the rail line all the way to the pub around 300 meters down the road.

Didn't realise till it was too late the phone was set to "video" so I missed the very beginning of the train going past, it will be coming back in a few hours but who knows when and I will have even less time when it comes from that direction.

I apologise it is so shaky but trying to stand straight with a walking stick and holding the phone still with one hand was a bit tough.

Will try to get it on the way back but I do have to go into town in the next 3 hours.

Oh, the train is a double headed with 2 NSW loco's, no idea the type Blushing

Its in HD so it will look somewhat better if you look at it that way.
Sad when its cheaper to buy a new 29640 starter set from Germany than a CS2 on its own in Oz, welcome to the joys of Marklin down under .
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Shamu
Offline kweekalot  
#2 Posted : 05 April 2014 20:57:03(UTC)
kweekalot

Netherlands   
Wow, it must be great to see steam trains running through your yard. ThumpUp
I see only cats running through our garden.