Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline mike c  
#1 Posted : 04 April 2014 11:01:56(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
I just received the latest news bulletin from Roger Suter (Suter-Meggen.ch). Bemo is releasing a version of the famous "Glacier Express" for HO. That's right, you read it correctly, HO, not HOm, not HOe. I guess that seeing the success of Kato's N scale version, Bemo decided to adapt it's narrow gauge model for operation on 2 rail DC and 3 rail AC (Maerklin).

Here is the link to Suter's webpage for the model: http://www.suter-meggen...._941_spur_ho_modelle.htm

http://www.bemo-modellba...ch-in-h0-normalspur.html
http://www.bemo-modellba...EX_H0_Normalspur_web.pdf

This will definitely make for an interesting train for some. Minimum radii 360mm (R1).

No information on whether Bemo will also release the matching RhB locomotives in HO.

Regards

Mike C
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by mike c
Offline alan  
#2 Posted : 04 April 2014 11:30:29(UTC)
alan

United Kingdom   

hi mike

in case anyone is interested or hasn't seen it
this is what it looks like in HOm

alan plymouth
alan attached the following image(s):
DSCF4277.JPG
DSCF4278.JPG
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by alan
Offline mike c  
#3 Posted : 04 April 2014 18:37:27(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
The new model is the most recent version of the Glacier Express with the large panoramic windows and not the 1980s version as shown in the earlier set.
The link that I provided includes images and a pdf file for the new models.

The actual train website is here: http://www.glacierexpress.ch/en/Pages/default.aspx

Regards

Mike C
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by mike c
Offline 5HorizonsRR  
#4 Posted : 04 April 2014 23:17:25(UTC)
5HorizonsRR

United States   
This is SUPER interesting. I was rather surprised to find it in my inbox this morning as well. I can see the potential success of these models as I myself dove into a second scale (HOm) just to get them! I'm not sure now whether to be excited they are available in HO, or nervous about having made the big investment in HOm that now may seem unnecessary Confused

Regardless, I have the sets in HOm and I highly commend them! Bemo is very nice stuff, and for those to whom it matters these particular cars are still made in Germany.

A video of my Bemo Bernina Express on my layout project:

Now if they do the locomotives and other rolling stock (Crocodile please!!!) I would consider selling the HOm to do these in HO...
SBB Era 2-5
Offline mike c  
#5 Posted : 05 April 2014 08:04:38(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
If you already have Bemo HOm trains, keep them. It opens so many more options for a layout. I plan to eventually have a dual mainline with large station with either a local line (HO) or narrow gauge (HOm) on the inside of the layout. The two networks would meet at the main station.

The HOm is suitable for looped tunnels and bridges and elevation changes, especially if you opt for the cog system that Bemo offers. This would be typical of a Bruenig Bahn (now ZB), Furka Oberalp (now MGB) or Montreux Oberland (MOB) motif.

The Glacier Express meets the SBB at Chur and again between Brig and Visp, so it would be totally prototypical.

Enjoy

Mike C