Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline rbw993  
#1 Posted : 04 April 2014 03:54:00(UTC)
rbw993

United States   
I can't remember how to upload the loco icons. I thought that I was supposed to put them in a folder on a flash drive in a folder named "icons" and then run an update. Is this wrong?

Thanks,
Roger
Offline franciscohg  
#2 Posted : 04 April 2014 04:28:56(UTC)
franciscohg

Chile   
Hi, yes, that is the procedure
Regards
UserPostedImage German trains era I-II and selected III, era depends on the mood, mostly Maerklin but i can be heretic if needed XD, heresy is no longer an issue.. LOL
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by franciscohg
Offline 3rail4life  
#3 Posted : 04 April 2014 05:17:07(UTC)
3rail4life

United States   
Originally Posted by: franciscohg Go to Quoted Post
Regards

yes that is correct, the specifics were discussed here along with many other things CS2 related BigGrin :

CS2-New -update

Rubens Spain wrote in post #120 when helping me with the Zephyr set icon:

The only thing I do to upload icons is the following:

1. I use a blank usb pendrive
2. I make a folder named icons
3. I copy the png image to the folder icons
4. I put the pendrive in the usb port of CS2
5. In the SETUP menu>>>CS2 I select USB stick
6. I press the update program option
7. Then CS2 reset and start the upgrade
8. The message I recieve is "update successful"

and Bigdaddynz wrote in post #19:

Couldn't find the url quickly, but here's the icon files that I used. Unpack both of these zip files into an 'icons' folder on a USB memory stick - png files should be in 'icons' directory, with no other subdirectories). Best not to have any other files or folders on the memory stick.

Put the memory stick into the USB port on your CS2, and run an update (select USB stick) (disconnect your CS2's ethernet cable/wireless connection before you do this, so that the CS2 is not connected to the internet). The update will load the icon files into your CS2.
Edited by user 27 November 2012 21:57:43 | Reason: Not specified

File Attachment(s):
Loco_icons.zip (2,012kb) downloaded 100 time(s).
CS2-Bilder_Maerklin.zip (2,768kb) downloaded 97 time(s).

Cheers

thanks 4 users liked this useful post by 3rail4life
Offline rbw993  
#4 Posted : 04 April 2014 17:47:34(UTC)
rbw993

United States   
Thanks guys,
Unfortunately that is what I did and it didn't work. I'll try again tomorrow and make sure I do it exactly as described.

Roger
Offline H0  
#5 Posted : 04 April 2014 18:06:33(UTC)
H0

Hi!

You can also upload images from your PC through the web browser. If your CS2 has a network connection, just look up its IP address and enter that in your web browser.

Re USB stick: the CS2 is case-sensitive - make sure the folder is "icons" (not "Icons" or "ICONS").
If your CS2 is connected to the network: pull the network plug while trying the update from the USB stick to make sure the CS2 searches the stick for updates.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by H0
Offline franciscohg  
#6 Posted : 04 April 2014 18:08:09(UTC)
franciscohg

Chile   
And the format of the images, *.png
UserPostedImage German trains era I-II and selected III, era depends on the mood, mostly Maerklin but i can be heretic if needed XD, heresy is no longer an issue.. LOL
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by franciscohg
Offline charles Sharpe  
#7 Posted : 05 April 2014 05:37:46(UTC)
charles Sharpe

Were can I find some new icons to upload and i.e. IC2000 double deck coaches.

Charles.
CHARLES SHARPE
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#8 Posted : 05 April 2014 10:45:27(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline FrankF  
#9 Posted : 05 April 2014 20:22:46(UTC)
FrankF

Denmark   
You can use the Internal Webserver i CS2 to Upload Lok-Icons into the CS2.

Try typing the IP-Adress that you use with your CS2 in your Browser or Copy and Paste this Line below into your Browsers Adress-field :

http://192.168.1.100/icons/

Scrool down to the end of this Page, where you will find Upload-Funktions for CS2 Lok-Icons.

Change the IP-Adress so that it using the Same IP-Adress as your CS2 is using to connect to your PC and Internet

In my Signature (Second Weblink) you will find a CS2 Lok-Icon Database which contains about 2375 Lok-Icons for the CS2 with White Background.
CS3+ 60216 ( SW:2.5.2 ) - MASTER / CS2 60215 ( SW:4.3.0 ) - SLAVE
MS2 60653/57 ( SW:4.13 ) / MS1 60652 ( SW:1.8AP ) / 60883 S88 LINK ( SW:1.1 )
MDT 3 (SW 3.6.0) - HW: 60970 / 60971 / 60801
ESU LOKPROGRAMMER ( SW 5.2.6 ) / ESU HW: 53451 / 53900 / 53901
thanks 6 users liked this useful post by FrankF
Offline charles Sharpe  
#10 Posted : 06 April 2014 15:48:17(UTC)
charles Sharpe

Originally Posted by: 3rail4life Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: franciscohg Go to Quoted Post
Regards

yes that is correct, the specifics were discussed here along with many other things CS2 related BigGrin :

CS2-New -update

Rubens Spain wrote in post #120 when helping me with the Zephyr set icon:

The only thing I do to upload icons is the following:

1. I use a blank usb pendrive
2. I make a folder named icons
3. I copy the png image to the folder icons
4. I put the pendrive in the usb port of CS2
5. In the SETUP menu>>>CS2 I select USB stick
6. I press the update program option
7. Then CS2 reset and start the upgrade
8. The message I recieve is "update successful"

and Bigdaddynz wrote in post #19:
Hi.

Couldn't find the url quickly, but here's the icon files that I used. Unpack both of these zip files into an 'icons' folder on a USB memory stick - png files should be in 'icons' directory, with no other subdirectories). Best not to have any other files or folders on the memory stick.

Put the memory stick into the USB port on your CS2, and run an update (select USB stick) (disconnect your CS2's ethernet cable/wireless connection before you do this, so that the CS2 is not connected to the internet). The update will load the icon files into your CS2.
Edited by user 27 November 2012 21:57:43 | Reason: Not specified

File Attachment(s):
Loco_icons.zip (2,012kb) downloaded 100 time(s).
CS2-Bilder_Maerklin.zip (2,768kb) downloaded 97 time(s).

Cheers

Hi.

I have tried doing 1 to 8 and it keeps coming up as not successful. I have checked the the icon folder is in lower case and ever thing and still no luck. I just have 1 icon in the folder IC2000.png.

Charles.

CHARLES SHARPE
Offline 3rail4life  
#11 Posted : 06 April 2014 17:41:29(UTC)
3rail4life

United States   
Hi Charles,

Have you checked to see if the icon is uploaded to the list? I have received the update unsuccessful message in the past, yet the icons were updated. Confused

Gordon
Offline rbw993  
#12 Posted : 06 April 2014 17:54:43(UTC)
rbw993

United States   
Thanks for the help. The upload worked but it did give me the error message stating the update was not successful. Must be a program "feature".

Roger
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by rbw993
Offline charles Sharpe  
#13 Posted : 07 April 2014 07:24:14(UTC)
charles Sharpe

Originally Posted by: 3rail4life Go to Quoted Post
Hi Charles,

Have you checked to see if the icon is uploaded to the list? I have received the update unsuccessful message in the past, yet the icons were updated. Confused

Gordon

Hello Gordon.

yes on all attempts I check to see if the icon had gone in. I have a 60213 as slave to 60215 and I checked that. I will give it a go this morning.

Charles.
CHARLES SHARPE
Offline charles Sharpe  
#14 Posted : 11 April 2014 05:25:31(UTC)
charles Sharpe

What am I doing wrong yesterday I tried at least 12 times to load some icons with no luck. I have tried most things even removing all unwanted cables from 60215 i.e. mobile stations etc and still no luck. I only want 2 icons loaded now is a black cross rail and the other is IC2000 control cab.

Charles.
CHARLES SHARPE
Offline H0  
#15 Posted : 11 April 2014 07:36:11(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: charles Sharpe Go to Quoted Post
What am I doing wrong
Did you try USB memory? Any mistake leads to "FAILED" and many mistakes are possible. I'd recommend trying the web browser method.

Make sure the folder on the memory stick is "icons" (not "Icons" or "ICONS"), make sure the images end in ".png" (and not ".PNG").
See also:
https://www.marklin-user...s-in-CS2.aspx#post266451

Edited by user 30 April 2014 15:40:03(UTC)  | Reason: Typo.

Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
Offline charles Sharpe  
#16 Posted : 30 April 2014 14:42:14(UTC)
charles Sharpe

Please could someone confirm the folder name. Some a saying capital I some say not also does the folder have to have inverted comers like the threads are showing sorry to be so thick but it is still not working for me at the momenCharles.
CHARLES SHARPE
Offline Janne75  
#17 Posted : 30 April 2014 17:15:40(UTC)
Janne75

Finland   
Please could someone confirm the folder name. Some a saying capital I some say not also does the folder have to have inverted comers like the threads are showing sorry to be so thick but it is still not working for me at the momenCharles.

Hi Charles,

I can confirm that the folder should be named: icons without any " or capital letters. When you are using your CS2 with the memory stick attached choose from settings update program and choose usb. I assume that you have your loco icons inside the icons folder and that folder is on the top level = root. All icons should have a name ending with .png to work with CS2.

I hope you manage to update the loco icons now. They appear to the loco icon list in the alphabetical or numeric order.

Regards,
Janne
Märklin H0 digital layout. I have analog and digital H0 Collection. Rolling stock mostly from era I, II, III and IV. Märklin 1 gauge beginner.
Offline charles Sharpe  
#18 Posted : 30 April 2014 18:35:42(UTC)
charles Sharpe

Originally Posted by: Janne75 Go to Quoted Post

Hi Charles,

I can confirm that the folder should be named: icons without any " or capital letters. When you are using your CS2 with the memory stick attached choose from settings update program and choose usb. I assume that you have your loco icons inside the icons folder and that folder is on the top level = root. All icons should have a name ending with .png to work with CS2.

I hope you manage to update the loco icons now. They appear to the loco icon list in the alphabetical or numeric order.

Regards,
Janne

What do you mean by top level=Root. I just have the one folder on the USB stick
CHARLES SHARPE
Offline Janne75  
#19 Posted : 30 April 2014 18:47:43(UTC)
Janne75

Finland   

What do you mean by top level=Root. I just have the one folder on the USB stick

It is then just fine. By top level (root) I meant that you don't have the folder named icons inside of some other folder. It has to be like you have it now and not as a subfolder = folder inside of other folder.

Janne
Märklin H0 digital layout. I have analog and digital H0 Collection. Rolling stock mostly from era I, II, III and IV. Märklin 1 gauge beginner.
Offline H0  
#20 Posted : 01 May 2014 10:22:43(UTC)
H0

It worked for my.
"H:" is the drive letter of my USB memory under Windows. There I created a folder "icons" (without quotes) and copied the file with the "png" extension there (it's the file Am 4-4 from Rainer Lüssi, just renamed for demo purposes).

I plugged the USB memory into the CS2, waited about 10 seconds, then started the update.
The CS2 was connected to the Internet, but obviously it checked both sources (USB and Internet) and after a reboot the image was in the list.
H0 attached the following image(s):
USB icons folder 2.png
CS2_icon_installed.png
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline H0  
#21 Posted : 01 May 2014 11:50:50(UTC)
H0

The USB memory I used has 4 GB, formatted with FAT32 (See attached image).

AFAIK the format NTFS is not supported by the CS2. Drive letter and name of the drive ("MSDN" in my case) should make no difference.
My stick contains 3+ GB of non-Märklin files - they don't interfere with the update, the CS2 just ignores them.

Charles, which size and format is your USB memory?
USB memory properties.png
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline blid  
#22 Posted : 01 May 2014 16:06:39(UTC)
blid

Sweden   
I suspect that all files in the icons folder have to be proper ”.png” files and the image size of max 128 x 48 pixels. In my (Swedish) version of Windows I can check the size by right-clicking the filename and select properties. Select the tab ”Information” (or whatever). If I double click the filename a small image of the engine is shown. I suggest that you only have one verified file in the folder to start with.
Bjorn
PS My USB drive has unknown file system but works anyway. DS
OneGauge Marklin and MTH, ESU ECoS 2.1 on LGB tracks. MTH 3-rail 0-gauge, DCS on GarGraves tracks. Z: Rokuhan tracks, analog or DCC+TC Gold.
Offline charles Sharpe  
#23 Posted : 01 May 2014 17:00:24(UTC)
charles Sharpe

Am at a total lost I have tried 12 times today with no luck. I have tried it on the CS2 60215 on its own,the same with 60213 and with both linked together and still nothing. I only have 1 icon in the folder. What I find frustrating as well is the 60215 has all the icons on it I want except the 1 I am trying to load but the 60213 only has 10 on it. I thought they would transfer over once they were on the 60215.

Charles.
CHARLES SHARPE
Offline H0  
#24 Posted : 03 May 2014 10:14:58(UTC)
H0

It has been written before: if CS2 and PC are connected (LAN) then you can use the web interface to upload icons.
Select the "icons" tab, click "Browse" to select an image, then click "In die CS2 übertragen" to upload it.

The USB method will fail without giving a clue what went wrong.
IMHO the web interface is easier to use if you only want to transfer a small numer of icons.
cs2_web_icons1.jpg
cs2_web_icons2.jpg
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline H0  
#25 Posted : 04 May 2014 16:55:31(UTC)
H0

Hi, Frank!
Originally Posted by: FrankF Go to Quoted Post
In my Signature (Second Weblink) you will find a CS2 Lok-Icon Database which contains about 2375 Lok-Icons for the CS2 with White Background.
That's a great selection of icons.
Icons from other sources (Märklin, Lüssi, Stummi-Forum9 typically have transparent background. IMHO it looks odd to mix transparent background and white background.
Is there a reason why your images do not have a transparent background?
grey_background.png
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline charles Sharpe  
#26 Posted : 06 May 2014 16:30:03(UTC)
charles Sharpe

I have cracked it. It turns out to be the USB stick after all that. Some time ago I bought a Sandisk cruzer micro 2GB Usb stick just to use on the CS2 but the main body was to big and it would not push all the way in. What I did was cut away some of the body to get it to push all the way in. So I have been on the lookout for a small USB stick that would go in properly and I bought a Kingston DTSE9 16GB and I know it works with my laptop. So what I did today was put in the old one and loaded the icon I wanted and did a backup on it I also did the same with the new one. I then put both sticks into my main computer in the office and the back up had gone onto the old stick but not the new stick. So it looks as if the new one doesn't like the CS2.BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin

Charles. PS Many thanks to all of you once again for all your help.
CHARLES SHARPE
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by charles Sharpe
Offline Janne75  
#27 Posted : 06 May 2014 18:56:27(UTC)
Janne75

Finland   
Hi Charles,

I'm glad you solved your problem! Sometimes the solution is easy and unexpected.

Cheers,
Janne
Offline charles Sharpe  
#28 Posted : 07 May 2014 06:56:40(UTC)
charles Sharpe

Hi Janne.

What I forgot to mention was when I loaded the icons on both the CS2 at the end of each update it came up saying not successful but the wanted icons had been loaded.

Charles.
CHARLES SHARPE
Offline Janne75  
#29 Posted : 07 May 2014 09:50:05(UTC)
Janne75

Finland   

Hi Janne.

What I forgot to mention was when I loaded the icons on both the CS2 at the end of each update it came up saying not successful but the wanted icons had been loaded.

Charles.

Hi Charles,

CS2 does that very often = displays incorrect messages. Just ignore these messages. If I remember right it my CS2 did the same. Some bug in program maybe, but the main thing is we can update the icons.

Janne
Offline Graham HO  
#30 Posted : 26 May 2014 11:28:37(UTC)
Graham HO

New Zealand   
Thanks for this great resource Frank - I took 8 icons - kept getting "update not successful" Then I remembered some one had posted a note about the vagaries of CS2 - "Do not believe what you read on the screen" - so I scrolled through the Lok list - and discovered the 8 icons at the top - ready to go.
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#31 Posted : 26 May 2014 12:29:32(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: Graham HO Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for this great resource Frank.

Here's a zip file with all of Frank's Marklin, Roco and Lux icons (hope you don't mind) - Thanks Frank!
File Attachment(s):
LocoIcons.zip (10,504kb) downloaded 34 time(s).