Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline PJMärklin  
#1 Posted : 21 February 2014 05:12:21(UTC)
PJMärklin

Australia   
Hello Everyone,

I am currently converting my analogue 3071 & 4071 to digital, with other conversion.

I was hoping to install the interior details to the cars in the set but they are no longer available as a spare part from Märklin.

They are part numbers 497000, 497010 and 497020.

I would be grateful of a reply if anyone may have these surplus to their needs or if anyone can suggest another way of obtaining these parts.

Regards,

PJ

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by PJMärklin
Offline BrandonVA  
#2 Posted : 21 February 2014 14:48:41(UTC)
BrandonVA

United States   
PJ,

Regarding the details, I would recommend setting up a saved search on ebay.de (you can login with ebay.com credentials) for "Märklin 497000". If you really want to watch closely, you could create another search for "Maerklin 49700". It all depends on how it's listed. I don't see any on there, but I have been looking for uncommon spare parts (generally discontinued) before, after normally after a few months they show up. I know this doesn't do much for patience ;)

The other option would be to kitbash the interiors...you may be able to find another Marklin interior or 3rd party interior that is close enough to make it work.

-Brandon
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by BrandonVA
Offline PJMärklin  
#3 Posted : 22 February 2014 04:08:42(UTC)
PJMärklin

Australia   
Originally Posted by: BrandonVA Go to Quoted Post
PJ,

Regarding the details, I would recommend setting up a saved search on ebay.de (you can login with ebay.com credentials) for "Märklin 497000". If you really want to watch closely, you could create another search for "Maerklin 49700". It all depends on how it's listed. I don't see any on there, but I have been looking for uncommon spare parts (generally discontinued) before, after normally after a few months they show up. I know this doesn't do much for patience ;)

The other option would be to kitbash the interiors...you may be able to find another Marklin interior or 3rd party interior that is close enough to make it work.

-Brandon

Hi Brandon,

Thanks for your suggestions

Regards,

PJ
Offline mike c  
#4 Posted : 22 February 2014 21:25:19(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
You can probably do a search on ebay.de for the following: (3070, 3071, 3471, 39700) which usually renders a list of the assorted models of the TEE Edelweiss and parts for it.

I do not know whether the 3471 or 39700 interiors fit into the 3070 without modifications. I think that they can be added to the 3071 with little effort.
The most important modification that you can make to the 3071 is to insulate the front of the motor unit and pilot coach so that it does not glow when the white light is on.
It may also not be a bad idea to have a few window parts as spares, as the 3071 is known to have glue issues that cause windows to pop loose.

Regards

Mike C
Offline PJMärklin  
#5 Posted : 23 February 2014 07:58:02(UTC)
PJMärklin

Australia   
Thanks for your help Mike.

Regards

PJ