Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline NZMarklinist  
#1 Posted : 11 February 2014 13:59:40(UTC)
NZMarklinist

New Zealand   
How come nobody has commented on the DVD that came to us Insiders with the 6/13 Insider and M Mags

Perhaps like me you thought you knew what was on it already but suprise suprise !!!Woot Woot Woot

I hadn't bothered either until I was told yesterday, I was seen in the video at the Marklin Factory during Maerklin Tag

Apart from layouts, a few shots of me at Markin with a gorgeous blonde Wink and detailed info about the 58,03, and 45 prototypes and new models, there behind Hagen Von Ortloff during the Intro and links is 45.010 in her "good" restored condition in the lok shed at The DB Mueseum shed at Lichtenfels near Nuremberg. I was told by the DB Caretaker guy at the main Lokshed in Nuremberg that the site of the Roundhouse fire of 2005, and turntable was 5 km away from there, The Mueseum being a stones throw from Nuremberg Hbf ! Maybe that is more or less where Lichtenfels is ? Frankenbahner care to clear that up for us ?
Sadly from what I could see she has had not much more than a clean up and a lick of paint, altho attention was paid to the operation and condition of the running gear, wheels and brakes etc quite obviously, but lacking an enthusiastic former lok fuhrer and lots of support she is only good in appearance, and obviously fit for movong on rail behind another Lok, but thats about it sadly Sad
Maybe more work might be done at a later date ! Smile
There is a bonus film on the DVD also about 95.027 but I haven't viewed that yet
Glen
Auckland NZ

" Every Marklin layout needs a V200, a Railbus and a Banana car", not to mention a few Black and red Steamers, oh and the odd Elok !

CS1 Reloaded, Touch Cab, C Track Modules, K track layout all under construction. Currently Insider
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by NZMarklinist