Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline aos  
#1 Posted : 10 February 2014 15:21:28(UTC)
aos

Scotland   
Today, I have ordered the above twin set of the brown and the green crocodile locomotives from Joes-Modellbahnlaedle for my retirement present. I had looked around at other crocodile models, but this seemed to be a very nice set. Has anyone else bought this set and if so, what are your thoughts? Alan
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by aos
Offline GLI  
#2 Posted : 11 February 2014 03:06:11(UTC)
GLI

Hi Alan

I purchased the Trix version of these locos last year. They are well detailed and dimensionally more accurate compared to the previous Crocodile made by Marklin. I have only test run my locos on a friend's layout but from what I have observed their performance is excellent.

I think this set would make an excellent purchase on your retirement.

Geoff
Offline mike c  
#3 Posted : 11 February 2014 05:06:52(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
I was not aware that they are dimensionally more accurate than the earlier productions (3356 to 39564). The models represent two different production versions of the SBB Crocodile, the Ce/Be 6/8II and the Ce/Be 6/8III.

The new set is interesting, but I passed on it because I am more interested in a version that would be appropriate for the period 1968-1972, when each side of the lok had only one set of cab steps.

I did not get the Roco shunting Krok but I might opt for it if I saw a mint one in box somewhere.

Regards

Mike C
Offline mrmarklin  
#4 Posted : 11 February 2014 05:48:58(UTC)
mrmarklin

United States   
Originally Posted by: aos Go to Quoted Post
Today, I have ordered the above twin set of the brown and the green crocodile locomotives from Joes-Modellbahnlaedle for my retirement present. I had looked around at other crocodile models, but this seemed to be a very nice set. Has anyone else bought this set and if so, what are your thoughts? Alan

I have the brown version from a set I split with another person. It is and excellent runner with good sound. IMHO there is nothing to be desired. A wonderful set. You won't be disappointed.BigGrin

From the People's Republik of Kalifornia
Offline mbarreto  
#5 Posted : 11 February 2014 09:55:17(UTC)
mbarreto

Portugal   

It is a very good set indeed. You will feel satisfied.
The 2014 new item 37568 (still to be released) is a more usual green version though.
My suggestion is you have both 37565 and 37568 :)

Best regards,
Miguel
Mostly Märklin H0.

Offline steventrain  
#6 Posted : 11 February 2014 20:24:08(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
The 37565 is already sold out at Marklin two months ago.

Soon to become very collector.
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by steventrain
Offline intruder  
#7 Posted : 12 February 2014 03:05:04(UTC)
intruder

Norway   

I have the set, but unfortunately I havn't ran them very much, but so far I am very happy. a teaser or two:

Märklin 37565-1

Märklin 37565-2
Best regards Svein, Norway
grumpy old sod
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by intruder
Offline DV  
#8 Posted : 12 February 2014 03:39:06(UTC)
DV

Australia   
Here you go, the twin Croc set running during an exhibition pulling (what elseBigGrin ThumpUp ) but a beer consist

And here running individually

First Brown

Then Green

On the Green you will notice that the rear wheel was not turning. No problems, freed the wheel and has been running sweetly since (see beer train). The small wheels just needed a bit of cleaning....all of 10 seconds.

Can thoroughly recommend themThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp

Enjoy
Dusan V
'I find your lack of faith (in Märklin) disturbing'
thanks 6 users liked this useful post by DV
Offline jvuye  
#9 Posted : 12 February 2014 22:01:34(UTC)
jvuye

Belgium   
i confirm: excellent design and flawless operation.
Very powerful (it has *two* high quality motors on each loco)
Also, being an engineer by trade, I took a good look at the design itself from a manufacturing standpoint.
Here again *very smart* every single part is used at least twice with the only exception of the centre part.
Better even than the previous generation!
You *will* be happy with it.
Cheers
Jacques Vuye aka Dr.Eisenbahn
Once a vandal, learned to be better and had great success!
thanks 5 users liked this useful post by jvuye
Offline NZMarklinist  
#10 Posted : 13 February 2014 15:17:15(UTC)
NZMarklinist

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: mrmarklin Go to Quoted Post

I have the brown version from a set I split with another person. It is and excellent runner with good sound. IMHO there is nothing to be desired. A wonderful set. You won't be disappointed.BigGrin

Hey Dave,

Great minds must think alike, I did the same thing with an Australian member of this forum who wanted the green one !~ Trouble is after paying for mine and getting a delivery confirmation back in May 2013 from Lokshop I still haven't seen hide nor hair of my Brown one. (The set of two was posted to said forum member, and he said he made frequent trips to NZ so he would bring it over for me Blink ) I emailed him again just yesterday and still waiting for a reply Cursing

BTW said edit; expat kiwi Blushing is not a very regular contributor to this forum !

So I can't honestly comment about how nice these loks are Mad

edit Sat 15th am still no reply ! Cursing

Edited by user 14 February 2014 18:10:13(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Glen
Auckland NZ

" Every Marklin layout needs a V200, a Railbus and a Banana car", not to mention a few Black and red Steamers, oh and the odd Elok !

CS1 Reloaded, Touch Cab, C Track Modules, K track layout all under construction. Currently Insider
Offline aos  
#11 Posted : 18 February 2014 18:40:53(UTC)
aos

Scotland   
Hi all, a parcel arrived from joes-modellbahnlaedle today. I am the proud owner of two gorgeous crocodiles. I had always admired them when I was a small boy back in 1958 when my father started me off on the Marklin trail.

After a small administration error, the parcel was despatched late Friday afternoon. Here is a copy of the DHL logging.

Fri, 14.02.2014 16:35 clock - The instruction data for this shipment have been provided by the sender to DHL Electronically
Fri, 14.02.2014 17:42 clock Koengen, Germany The international shipment has been processed in the parcel center of origin
Sat, 15.02.2014 03:43 clock Cologne, Germany The shipment will be Transported to the destination country and, from there, handed over to the delivery organization. (Website / online shipment tracking: http://www.parcelforce.com/track-trace )
Sat, 15.02.2014 03:43 clock Cologne, Germany The international shipment has been processed in the export parcel center
Mon, 17/02/2014 14:08 clock United Kingdom The shipment has arrived in the destination country
Mon, 17/02/2014 14:09 clock United Kingdom The shipment has left the import parcel center in the destination country.
Tue, 18.02.2014 07:22 clock United Kingdom The shipment is being prepared for delivery in the delivery depot
Tue, 18.02.2014 09:19 clock United Kingdom The shipment HAS BEEN successfully delivered

It took 3.5 days to get to me in Scotland and that includes Saturday and Sunday. That is what I call service! Alan
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by aos
Offline steventrain  
#12 Posted : 18 February 2014 19:13:08(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Hi all, a parcel arrived from joes-modellbahnlaedle today. I am the proud owner of two gorgeous crocodiles. I had always admired them when I was a small boy back in 1958 when my father started me off on the Marklin trail.

After a small administration error, the parcel was despatched late Friday afternoon. Here is a copy of the DHL logging.

Fri, 14.02.2014 16:35 clock - The instruction data for this shipment have been provided by the sender to DHL Electronically
Fri, 14.02.2014 17:42 clock Koengen, Germany The international shipment has been processed in the parcel center of origin
Sat, 15.02.2014 03:43 clock Cologne, Germany The shipment will be Transported to the destination country and, from there, handed over to the delivery organization. (Website / online shipment tracking: http://www.parcelforce.com/track-trace )
Sat, 15.02.2014 03:43 clock Cologne, Germany The international shipment has been processed in the export parcel center
Mon, 17/02/2014 14:08 clock United Kingdom The shipment has arrived in the destination country
Mon, 17/02/2014 14:09 clock United Kingdom The shipment has left the import parcel center in the destination country.
Tue, 18.02.2014 07:22 clock United Kingdom The shipment is being prepared for delivery in the delivery depot
Tue, 18.02.2014 09:19 clock United Kingdom The shipment HAS BEEN successfully delivered

It took 3.5 days to get to me in Scotland and that includes Saturday and Sunday. That is what I call service! Alan

Excellent, I have the same delivery from Lokshop!
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
Offline NZMarklinist  
#13 Posted : 03 March 2014 15:34:10(UTC)
NZMarklinist

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: NZMarklinist Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: mrmarklin Go to Quoted Post

Hey Dave,

Great minds must think alike, I did the same thing with an Australian member of this forum who wanted the green one !~ Trouble is after paying for mine and getting a delivery confirmation back in May 2013 from Lokshop I still haven't seen hide nor hair of my Brown one. (The set of two was posted to said forum member, and he said he made frequent trips to NZ so he would bring it over for me Blink ) I emailed him again just yesterday and still waiting for a reply Cursing

BTW said edit; expat kiwi Blushing is not a very regular contributor to this forum !

So I can't honestly comment about how nice these loks are Mad

edit Sat 15th am still no reply ! Cursing

Finally tonite a reply, and he says he is coming over to NZ in a couple of weeks, so then I will get my Brown Croc I trust !
I will post a pic when the beast arrives in my hands Wink Smile
Glen
Auckland NZ

" Every Marklin layout needs a V200, a Railbus and a Banana car", not to mention a few Black and red Steamers, oh and the odd Elok !

CS1 Reloaded, Touch Cab, C Track Modules, K track layout all under construction. Currently Insider
Offline xxup  
#14 Posted : 03 March 2014 21:55:49(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
There's a lesson in life for you.. Next time buy the whole set. LOL
Adrian
UserPostedImage
Australia flag by abFlags.com
Offline NZMarklinist  
#15 Posted : 31 March 2014 04:52:19(UTC)
NZMarklinist

New Zealand   
I am very happy to report that correspondence was re engaged and the said expat Kiwi forum member, arrived in Auckalnd yesterday and handed me my 37565.01 at the airport ! Woot

I gave her a little test earlier today and she runs very nicely, seems to have a lot of pull (against the fingure at least) and very loud sounds, which I will turn down Wink ! BigGrin

Also the model is complete with no missing windows ThumpUp

There does not seem to be an indusi magnet on this model which IIRC is correct for it, but the green one does have one I think ??

Edit; Duh Confused Just need to look at post #7 Svein's excellent pics to answer that one Blink Blushing
Glen
Auckland NZ

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by NZMarklinist
Offline Moritz-BR365  
#16 Posted : 03 April 2014 13:37:16(UTC)
Moritz-BR365

Germany   
In my oppinion, the brown version looks much better then the green one:

Originally Posted by: intruder Go to Quoted Post

Märklin 37565-1

I also like the "Schlitztreibstange auf Triebachse und Blindwelle" of the Ce 6/8 II which looks more interesting then the "Winterthurer Schrägstangenantrieb" of my Ce 6/8 III.

My 3352 which looks quite good, too, but has the simplified "Winterthurer Schrägstangenantrieb":

UserPostedImage

Also, the new 37565 have two DC motors, what is better for the pull performance. Only sad, that these are simple 3-pole DC motors, not really high quality ball beared 5-pole motors. Disappointing!

But because of the more interesting ""Schlitztreibstange auf Triebachse und Blindwelle" ", I think about buying the brown one from 37565, if the price will be OK for me.
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by Moritz-BR365
Offline dickinsonj  
#17 Posted : 21 February 2016 02:10:01(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   
I am hoping to revive this thread and get some feedback from 37565 owners.

I recently bought this pair of crocs and I am very happy with mine. They run smoothly at very slow speeds and make a really nice MUC. The detailing and proportion are way ahead of my old 90's analog croc and the mostly metal construction is nice.

But I know about all of the discord in the community about the 3-pole motors and less than state of the art electronics.

So what do people that actually own these think of them 2 years later? I would really like to hear your opinions.
Regards,
Jim

I have almost all Märklin and mostly HO, although I do have a small number of Z gauge trains!
So many trains and so little time.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by dickinsonj
Offline mbarreto  
#18 Posted : 22 February 2016 00:07:21(UTC)
mbarreto

Portugal   
Hello,

I have the set since it was first released and, although I don't run them very frequent, every time I run they run perfect.

I like the set a lot. Well, the green has the handrails as they were used mostly before they changed to green, but I already saw a photo of one green in that configuration. Also, I love see that brown and green together.
In my opinion it is a great design.
I would like somethings different as there is always space to improve ("sidewalks" in metal and solid metal handrails). I also would like it has cabin light and remotely controlled pantographs.

The pulling power is also very good (and for me is enough), although maybe not so strong as the previous model with 5 poles motor.

I also have more 2 new crocs (the black/red and the other green one) and they also run great and without any problem.

Best regards,
Miguel
Mostly Märklin H0.

Offline dickinsonj  
#19 Posted : 27 February 2016 16:22:15(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   
Originally Posted by: mbarreto Go to Quoted Post
Hello,
I have the set since it was first released and, although I don't run them very frequent, every time I run they run perfect.

I like the set a lot. Well, the green has the handrails as they were used mostly before they changed to green, but I already saw a photo of one green in that configuration. Also, I love see that brown and green together.
In my opinion it is a great design.
I would like somethings different as there is always space to improve ("sidewalks" in metal and solid metal handrails). I also would like it has cabin light and remotely controlled pantographs.

The pulling power is also very good (and for me is enough), although maybe not so strong as the previous model with 5 poles motor.

I also have more 2 new crocs (the black/red and the other green one) and they also run great and without any problem.

I am very pleased with the appearance, quality of materials and performance of mine. Like you, I really enjoy seeing the brown and green running together. I broke them in pulling every freight car I own and they pulled smoothly from very low speed and seem to have plenty of power. When I pulled that consist by hand I was amazed at how hard they had been working. Very nice indeed. When run as a pair, they have four motors with flywheels and twelve powered axles. That makes for a very formidable machine, even with 3 pole motors.

So far I don't see any serious downsides to the Hungarian assembly or the simplified motors. I know that some people are really bothered by the items made in China, but the 2001 US freight car sets that I own are very nicely made and they were all made in China. If the level of quality remains I don't care where they are made. I live in the US and buy from Europe, from a Canadian dealer or on eBay. The Marklin branded items are made in at least three countries - that is just the world we live in today.

I also like seeing Marklin take the steps needed to remain solvent and from what I can see the quality/value is actually better now than it was in my older equipment. You have to be agile to survive in todays global economy and I would like to see Marklin continue well into the future.
Regards,
Jim

I have almost all Märklin and mostly HO, although I do have a small number of Z gauge trains!
So many trains and so little time.
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by dickinsonj