Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline mike c  
#1 Posted : 29 January 2014 06:20:45(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
I promised that I would get to this, so here is my review of the various 1/87 models of the SBB WLAm T2S sleeping car as made by RailTop/Heris, Roco and LS Models:

Roco 64763 WLAm 61 85 75-70 451-4 <+> SBB CFF FFS Moon and Stars
RailTop 13007 WLAm 61 85 75-70 450-6 SBB + CFF Moon and Stars
LSM 47255 WLAm 61 85 75-70 454-6 <+> SBB CFF FFS Blue with Purple Stripes

The RailTop/Heris model appears to have painted rather than separately applied handrails
The undercarriage on the Heris model appears more plasticky. There is a bag of accessories which can be applied to decorate the model, including the bogies. Some Heris models came with more pre-mounted detail on the MD bogies.

The LSM model has very nice detail. This includes the selectable day or night interior details, little decals in the windows. Fine etched steps and entry way. Of the three models, the LSM is the only one that has the fold down footboard for the gangway connection. Roco models used to have this feature. The LSM coach has the best rendering of the little sign saying "betten frei" at the end of the coach with no door. The Roco and Heris model both have a simple metallic plate here with no text.
The LSM model seems to have the best rendition of the coach windows, followed by the Roco model and finally the Heris models. The same also applies to the undercarriage, with the LSM model having the most detail, both on the undercarriage and on the bogies.

The Roco model comes out of the box in nighttime configuration and beds can be seen inside the coach. What I did not like about the Roco model was the oversized reproduction of the step at the end of the coach without a door.

ACME also makes a model of this coach in SBB colours. Unfortunately, I do not have any of the ACME models, so I was unable to make a detailed comparison.

The slide show shows photos of the various models for your enjoyment.
Offline mike c  
#2 Posted : 29 January 2014 06:48:53(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Webmaster, please delete this topic as it seems to have been posted twice

Thanks and sorry

MC
Offline river6109  
#3 Posted : 29 January 2014 12:49:25(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square
Mike, thanks for the preview

can't see the slideshow, regards., John
https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode
Offline mike c  
#4 Posted : 29 January 2014 19:42:06(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Post was somehow posted twice (incomplete here). I think that it might have frozen while I was posting and then when it returned, I did not know if it had completed.

The complete post appears here: https://www.marklin-user...r-Models.aspx#post442402

Regards

Mike C