Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Goofy  
#51 Posted : 22 October 2014 18:51:50(UTC)
Goofy

Originally Posted by: steventrain Go to Quoted Post

I think 39644 carry 3-poles?

Yes it does.

H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
Offline Goofy  
#52 Posted : 22 October 2014 19:04:00(UTC)
Goofy

Originally Posted by: Purellum Go to Quoted Post
Cool

Quote:
Even if is a kind of provocation.
There is no reason to write "even if",because it seems non-trusting side from someone.
I see like that.

You should not see it like that, because it is not correct. You feel provoked, because you don't understand the meaning of what is written in English.

Please look at this: http://www.learn-english...even_though-even_if.html

Per.

Cool

If you did read Per...
"Even if" used in a supposition or hypothesis.
So there is no reason to suppose by write "even if"...

H0
Offline RayF  
#53 Posted : 22 October 2014 20:38:40(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
Anders, you need to take other peoples's word for it. It is a common English expression, and is not in any way an insult.

Please get over it!
Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by RayF
Offline Goofy  
#54 Posted : 22 October 2014 20:46:38(UTC)
Goofy

Originally Posted by: RayF Go to Quoted Post
Anders, you need to take other peoples's word for it. It is a common English expression, and is not in any way an insult.

Please get over it!

It present an insult anyway. Flapper

H0
Offline Goofy  
#55 Posted : 22 October 2014 20:48:56(UTC)
Goofy

By the way...i did tested my new locomotiv and it works without default(s).
H0
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Goofy
Offline Purellum  
#56 Posted : 22 October 2014 21:10:39(UTC)
Purellum

Denmark   
Cool

Quote:

The only one insulting others in this forum is you.

Please stop doing it.

Per.

Cool
If you can dream it, you can do it!

I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it into the public domain. This applies worldwide.

In case this is not legally possible:
I grant anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.

UserPostedImage
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by Purellum
Offline PMPeter  
#57 Posted : 22 October 2014 21:39:28(UTC)
PMPeter

Canada   
Originally Posted by: Goofy Go to Quoted Post

Please get over it!

Good grief. The wording "even if" as stated was absolutely correct in the English language. If you are hung up on the word "if" substitute it with "though" thus stating "even though" and you get the same meaning. An English speaking person would never consider the phrase "even if" insulting.

Peter
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by PMPeter
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#58 Posted : 22 October 2014 21:42:08(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   

Please stop doing it.

Agreed! Goofy, enough of this childish behaviour. No one is trying to insult you, yet you see fit to continue to cause disruption in the forum - which is resulting in numerous complaints regarding your behaviour. I and others are getting sick of it. Enough Already! This is your last warning!
thanks 11 users liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline NZMarklinist  
#59 Posted : 23 October 2014 10:35:05(UTC)
NZMarklinist

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: NZMarklinist Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: stevend Go to Quoted Post
Hi,

The problem has been oil/lube getting into the motor. The brushes over time disintegrate, the resulting conductive brush muck ends up in the slots between the commutators, this causes the motor to short out its poles resulting in very slow running as best, and at worst destroying the decoder. This is a similar problem that occurs when people get oil on the 6090x motor brushes.

I've had to replace every motor on this model I've seen to date and sometimes twice replaced before I worked out what was occurring and hassled M for real a fix.

: )
D

Pleased to hear Goofy has his Lok back and working well ThumpUp

As I haven't run my 39644 as yet I guess I should strip it, (need to to fit the smoke unit anyway), and remove the motor and check for excess lube Scared

I wonder how many other can motored new models this could apply to Unsure Mad

Thanks Dion for your contribution ThumpUp

I have four '64's, a fav of mine you could say Smile The SDS ones are a brilliant model ThumpUp

I should have mentioned that the difference with the '45s, and most of the other large Damphloks or Steamers, is that the motor is mounted to a gearbox and this may well be done by somebody more technically competent than the final assembly workers, and there is little or no oil or grease applied at this stage, as well as the fact that with the '45s at least, the shaft is pointing down hill away from the motor making migration of lubricant inside the motor can much less likely !ThumpUp
Glen
Auckland NZ

" Every Marklin layout needs a V200, a Railbus and a Banana car", not to mention a few Black and red Steamers, oh and the odd Elok !

CS1 Reloaded, Touch Cab, C Track Modules, K track layout all under construction. Currently Insider
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by NZMarklinist
Offline digitaltrains  
#60 Posted : 23 October 2014 11:32:39(UTC)
digitaltrains

Serbia   
That post was more than 6 months ago, and I believe we have thrashed the "3 pole motor" discussion to death now.

If you have this actual loco and want to post on the performance of your actual loco then do so, but please refrain from spreading this idle speculation....

Hello, RayF!

So, You did "trashed" this motor already?!....and what is your experiences regarding this motor? Are You satisfied with it giving hundreds of Euros for no-name motor? Are You generally satisfied with the model You have?

Thank You on your answer.
Offline RayF  
#61 Posted : 23 October 2014 14:56:48(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
Originally Posted by: digitaltrains Go to Quoted Post
That post was more than 6 months ago, and I believe we have thrashed the "3 pole motor" discussion to death now.

If you have this actual loco and want to post on the performance of your actual loco then do so, but please refrain from spreading this idle speculation....

Hello, RayF!

So, You did "trashed" this motor already?!....and what is your experiences regarding this motor? Are You satisfied with it giving hundreds of Euros for no-name motor? Are You generally satisfied with the model You have?

I haven't "trashed" anything. (???)

You can go back and read my answers, but if you prefer to continue this endless and pointless discussion, I'll state it again here.

The locos I have with 3 pole motors, among them the much maligned Br94, run as smooth as most other locos I have in my collection, which runs now to 128 locomotives and railcars.

The only observation I can make with some of these locos is that the slowest running speed is slightly higher than on some other locos, but it is still good enough to be classed as "walking pace", so I'm happy with the performance. Certainly I would consider this motor to be superior to the old
DCM motor which is noisy and rough.

Looking inside the body I find a motor which looks professionally put together. The design is compact, allowing the steam locos to have the motor totally hidden in the boiler.

The price, seeing as you mention hundreds of euros, is competetive,and in many cases cheaper than the equivalent Roco or Fleischmann locos, many of which have also 3 pole motors.

In all I am, to answer your question, perfectly satisfied with my models.

How about you? How many of these locos do you own? If none, have you tried out one of these perhaps on a friend's layout, or in a shop? Can you explain why you have such a poor regard for these motors?
Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
thanks 6 users liked this useful post by RayF
Offline Goofy  
#62 Posted : 24 October 2014 09:32:00(UTC)
Goofy

Originally Posted by: Bigdaddynz Go to Quoted Post

Please stop doing it.

Agreed! Goofy, enough of this childish behaviour. No one is trying to insult you, yet you see fit to continue to cause disruption in the forum - which is resulting in numerous complaints regarding your behaviour. I and others are getting sick of it. Enough Already! This is your last warning!

"Even if" used in as supposition and hypothesis.
Per did present it as posts,which is not my fault.
I did just verified what you and Per has done.
Sorry David...but there is no reason by writing "even if" to me by post.
Yours version by suppose about my model seems and are supposition.
Yours warning is not even closed to fair.

H0
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#63 Posted : 24 October 2014 09:56:51(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Yes, and you're right Goofy and everyone else on the forum who has commented about this is wrong..................(somehow I don't think so!)

Given that complaints have been received by the Moderators about your behaviour, and that we have given you a number of warnings to stop (which you have ignored), I think we have been more than fair.

As I said, that was your last warning!
thanks 9 users liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline digitaltrains  
#64 Posted : 06 November 2014 13:19:31(UTC)
digitaltrains

Serbia   

Hello, RayF!

I haven't "trashed" anything. (???)

You can go back and read my answers, but if you prefer to continue this endless and pointless discussion, I'll state it again here.

The locos I have with 3 pole motors, among them the much maligned Br94, run as smooth as most other locos I have in my collection, which runs now to 128 locomotives and railcars.

The only observation I can make with some of these locos is that the slowest running speed is slightly higher than on some other locos, but it is still good enough to be classed as "walking pace", so I'm happy with the performance. Certainly I would consider this motor to be superior to the old
DCM motor which is noisy and rough.

Looking inside the body I find a motor which looks professionally put together. The design is compact, allowing the steam locos to have the motor totally hidden in the boiler.

The price, seeing as you mention hundreds of euros, is competetive,and in many cases cheaper than the equivalent Roco or Fleischmann locos, many of which have also 3 pole motors.

In all I am, to answer your question, perfectly satisfied with my models.

How about you? How many of these locos do you own? If none, have you tried out one of these perhaps on a friend's layout, or in a shop? Can you explain why you have such a poor regard for these motors?

Hello, RayF!

Sorry for delay but I was occupied with some other things...First of all, thank You on your answer regarding three pol motors!

As I said previously, I have none of these locomotives in my collection. However, I have a lot against it as I saw many other motors of similar construction which runs on DC or DCC with many defects and those motors are much better then this one, at least, the manufacturer is very well known! However, most of them are very good even excellent (few of them). In this case, I am not so sure...

My trains are "long runners" and they are running for thousands of kilometers per year in exact scale which means that 1km is equal to 11,5 meters. Every weekend or almost every weekend, my trains are running at least for 5 hours (constant run).

Someone said almost everything regarding these can type motors and what is happening to them during time (circle fire on collector and the end is near caused by the short circuit on collector's sectors by the brush dust!) and I saw how Roco's models are behaving after some time and I have some of them - loco won't start unless you push it by a hand or create your own impuls power so you can start it, motor overheating and such...

Did You notice that Marklin shorter its guarantee for the model from 5 years to 2, perhaps?! Well, it is the excellent sign of the quality of its engine.

To me, new models equiped with that motors looks like "Ferrari with Punto's" motor inside....and that is not good, not good at all...You (all of us) are paying to get "Ferrari" and not "Punto" for sure!

Marklin stated that "c-sinus and Faulhaber's" are "too expensive"....hmm...well, Marklin did not order 10 Faulhaber's for their models ever and that is the first thing! Second, they ordered thousands of them so the price for one is low and they could easally use them in all other models as well, but no, they want much bigger profit and that is not good for them in all cases.

As a Marklin collector, I am very disapointed that Marklin, actually, became "ordinary" manufacturer of the DC models which can run on Marklin tracks - nothing more nothing less. Yes, they look great outside, but the model, just, can not be used in a way that I am using it and that is the main reason why I started to collect Marklin long time ago - superior quality! And the model life time is shorten and they, just, do not last for longer period of time (this is speculation as I really do not know how long they can last, but, according to its construction, price of the new one, they just can not be high quality ones)...

I wonder why did not Marklin made a real presentation of their new "high efeciency" motor nor they engraved the company's name on it?!? Well, they did not engraved its company's name because it can ruin their reputation in a second...so they "hide" their reputation behind "no named" motor...

In the end, I want to say this: let us all hope that those motors can be used for longer period of time and after that, let me say - for at least 11 years, to change the motor with the new one. If this is the case, Marklin did the right thing!....but, I have serious doubts about this and I do really hope that I am wrong in this matter...

With best wishes and regards to You and all Marklin collectors and hope that those motors are fine,
Digitaltrains

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by digitaltrains
Offline H0  
#65 Posted : 06 November 2014 20:03:33(UTC)
H0

Hi!
Did You notice that Marklin shorter its guarantee for the model from 5 years to 2, perhaps?!
No, they didn't.
It was and is five years after date of production for MHI items. Insider models are MHI models.
It was and is two years after date of purchase for all Märklin items.

Normal wear (light bulbs, torn traction tyres, worn brushes, worn sliders) is not covered by the warranty.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by H0
Offline Goofy  
#66 Posted : 07 November 2014 09:04:04(UTC)
Goofy

Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
Hi!

Normal wear (light bulbs, torn traction tyres, worn brushes, worn sliders) is not covered by the warranty.

Broken LED´s do cover warranty,since it´s not possible(?) to change byself to new.

H0