Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline dennisb  
#101 Posted : 08 February 2016 22:16:27(UTC)
dennisb

Sweden   
Yeah, this is really an impressive work you've done here! Thanks for sharing! I wish I could build even close to this but my work never comes out good.

The Dammtor Trix model is the piece that could make me break up my whole layout and start of fresh again. If I ever find a ready built nice model that is...

Again, impressive work - thanks for sharing!
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by dennisb
Offline Mark5  
#102 Posted : 08 February 2016 22:26:56(UTC)
Mark5

Canada   
Hi Matt,

Not sure how I missed seeing the shots of your interiors with people. But glad I now have seen them. And thanks for the scale photos with your Faller mountain station. Inspiring work once again.

If you have it mounted on your layout, it would be great to see the context you have put it into.

Thanks again! ThumpUp
Mark

DB DR FS NS SNCF c. 1950-65, fan of station architecture esp. from 1920-70.
In single point perspective, where do track lines meet?
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Mark5
Offline biedmatt  
#103 Posted : 08 February 2016 23:25:51(UTC)
biedmatt

United States   
Originally Posted by: Mark5 Go to Quoted Post
Hi Matt,

Not sure how I missed seeing the shots of your interiors with people. But glad I now have seen them. And thanks for the scale photos with your Faller mountain station. Inspiring work once again.

If you have it mounted on your layout, it would be great to see the context you have put it into.

Thanks again! ThumpUp
Mark

Hi Mark, I'm waiting to get the last child out of school and a spouse that recognizes we won't need to keep their rooms past their early 20s. Two years and I will start construction. I've spent the past few years buying most of M's Era 3 stuff, so I will need a large yard for all the wagens. I have also been building structures for the future layout. I need to work on a layout design and start buying track, but I'm not sure where to put it. I think the 325 square foot slotcar track will come down, shrink in length and get relocated to another location leaving the basement for the trains, but the slotcar track is just so darn nice.

http://s887.photobucket....0track?sort=6&page=1
Matt
Era 3
DB lokos, coaches and freight cars from across Europe
But I do have the obligatory (six) SBB Krocs
ECoS 50200, all FX and MFX decoders replaced with ESU V4s, operated in DCC-RailCom+ with ABC brake control.
With the exception of the passenger wagens with Marklin current conducting couplers, all close couplers have been replaced with Roco 40397.
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by biedmatt
Offline Jan Hanover  
#104 Posted : 17 July 2016 19:52:33(UTC)
Jan Hanover

Germany   
Hi Matt,
thank you for your useful documentation. This enabled me to accomplish these difficult kit in a reasonable performance.
Dammtor 1.jpgDammtor 3.jpgDammtor 2.jpgIMG_5604.jpg

Best wishes
Jan
thanks 17 users liked this useful post by Jan Hanover
Offline biedmatt  
#105 Posted : 17 July 2016 22:01:09(UTC)
biedmatt

United States   
Hi Jan, I really like the copper used above the windows and to top off the towers. Mighty fine work, your build looks better than mine. Drool

A challenging kit to build, but so great once complete. Worth the effort, once.
Matt
Era 3
DB lokos, coaches and freight cars from across Europe
But I do have the obligatory (six) SBB Krocs
ECoS 50200, all FX and MFX decoders replaced with ESU V4s, operated in DCC-RailCom+ with ABC brake control.
With the exception of the passenger wagens with Marklin current conducting couplers, all close couplers have been replaced with Roco 40397.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by biedmatt
Offline Danlake  
#106 Posted : 18 July 2016 19:48:33(UTC)
Danlake

New Zealand   
Beautiful - well doneThumpUp

Brgds Lasse
Digital 11m2 layout / C (M&K) tracks / Era IV / CS3 60226 / Train Controller Gold 9 with 4D sound. Mainly Danish and German Locomotives.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Danlake
Offline Eurome  
#107 Posted : 03 September 2016 17:57:18(UTC)
Eurome

If anyone is interested I have one of these kits with addition, complete and unbuilt for sale. Would rather deal with you folks than eBay right now. But either way the kits will go up for sale.
Offline John H. Edge  
#108 Posted : 04 February 2017 13:55:09(UTC)
John H. Edge

United Kingdom   
Hi Matt, All,
I liked this build so much I had to join the forum!
I have just bought this rather magnificent kit so will be referring back a lot, I'm sure.
Many, many thanks for showing how to build it, I really appreciate it.
Cheers,
John.
Roll on, Southern Pacific
On your silver rails
Through the moonlight.
N. Young. 2011
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by John H. Edge
Offline GlennM  
#109 Posted : 05 February 2017 16:47:58(UTC)
GlennM

United Kingdom   
Excellent post Matt, really interesting ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp

I do not have this kit from Trix, but I have quite a few others and I sincerely hope they are easier to build than this one has been for you.

I look forward to seeing it one day in pride of place on your layout.

I like your idea of having the trains running on a raised 'viaduct' section with arcades and bridges on route, I bought several Faller 194119 'classic S-bahn station'

UserPostedImage

and some arcades and iron bridges, with a view using these kits to kitbash to form a longer elevated station based on rails above arcades, but having see this station built I am thinking this would be a much better option.........

Anyway top work and excellent detailed post of the problems encountered and solutions used, an enjoyable read. ThumpUp
Don't look back, your not heading that way.
Offline kiwiAlan  
#110 Posted : 05 February 2017 18:02:21(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: GlennM Go to Quoted Post

I do not have this kit from Trix, but I have quite a few others and I sincerely hope they are easier to build than this one has been for you.

I like your idea of having the trains running on a raised 'viaduct' section with arcades and bridges on route, I bought several Faller 194119 'classic S-bahn station'

Don't dispose of those Glenn, as the brick portion at the bottom matches the Dammtor station kit.

That kit catalogue number used to be issued as 120119.

The other items that the original Dammtor catalogue entry mentioned it was designed for are 120486, 120487 (extension bridge for 120551), 120551 (now in Classic range as 194551) and 120569.

Unfortunately Faller appeared to stop making them and had only limited stock the year the Dammtor kit was announced by Trix. ThumbDown ThumbDown Real wise marketing decision that ... Angry Angry Angry

I have both the Dammtor kit as well as the extension kit that expands both ends of it, but cannot find the faller items for love or money. I have been thinking in terms of getting one of the S-Bahn stations and making silicon molds from the viaduct pieces.

I haven't gone digging in the Vollmer range yet, but have spotted what appear to be viable alternatives, but haven't checked the dimensions.

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline GlennM  
#111 Posted : 05 February 2017 19:50:15(UTC)
GlennM

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: GlennM Go to Quoted Post

Don't dispose of those Glenn, as the brick portion at the bottom matches the Dammtor station kit.

That kit catalogue number used to be issued as 120119.

The other items that the original Dammtor catalogue entry mentioned it was designed for are 120486, 120487 (extension bridge for 120551), 120551 (now in Classic range as 194551) and 120569.

Unfortunately Faller appeared to stop making them and had only limited stock the year the Dammtor kit was announced by Trix. ThumbDown ThumbDown Real wise marketing decision that ... Angry Angry Angry

I have both the Dammtor kit as well as the extension kit that expands both ends of it, but cannot find the faller items for love or money. I have been thinking in terms of getting one of the S-Bahn stations and making silicon molds from the viaduct pieces.

I haven't gone digging in the Vollmer range yet, but have spotted what appear to be viable alternatives, but haven't checked the dimensions.

Alan,

Yes you are right, I think I have one original 120119 (which cost an arm and a leg) then they reissued it as 194119 (Hobby line I think) of which I have two.

I have at least one of all of the others; 120486, 120487 (extension bridge for 120551), 120551 (now in Classic range as 194551) and 120569; so if needed I am sure we could prepare silicon molds for those who need them Blink Blink Blink

As for alternatives IMHO there aren't any Mad Mad Hence the reason why the Faller stuff is in such demand

Just thinking if you had space you could have the train run on the elevated viaduct through a station made up of 120119/194119 (suburban station) then running on and into Dammtor. The small S-Bahn and provincial stopping at the suburban station, whereas the express trains running through, would look very nice BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin

Don't look back, your not heading that way.