Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline mike c  
#1 Posted : 06 November 2013 06:42:03(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Several Swiss dealers are listing a 2 coach set of SBB S-Bahn coaches that are intended to go with the 37347 LION Re 420 (Re 4/4II). It is described as a Swiss Sonderserie and may only be available through Maerklin CH. In previous years, similar items (37362, 37342, etc) eventually were released in other markets as well.

Regards

Mike C
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by mike c
Offline vilithejou  
#2 Posted : 06 November 2013 07:29:16(UTC)
vilithejou

Originally Posted by: mike c Go to Quoted Post
Several Swiss dealers are listing a 2 coach set of SBB S-Bahn coaches that are intended to go with the 37347 LION Re 420 (Re 4/4II). It is described as a Swiss Sonderserie and may only be available through Maerklin CH. In previous years, similar items (37362, 37342, etc) eventually were released in other markets as well.

Regards

Mike C

It seems very interesting
Can you put a link of some of these shops?
Thank you very much
Joan Vilarrúbia
vilithejou@yahoo.es
Fan of Märklín, Kroko lover
Offline pn  
#3 Posted : 06 November 2013 11:04:34(UTC)
pn

Portugal   
Hi,

Here's an example that I know of:

http://www.suter-meggen....ent/frame_lion_wagen.htm

Regards,
Pedro
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by pn
Offline H0  
#4 Posted : 06 November 2013 11:20:30(UTC)
H0

Hi!

The text from Suter says the set will come with red doors, but the picture shows yellow doors (maybe showing a coach from the 28505 set).
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
Offline mike c  
#5 Posted : 06 November 2013 17:59:48(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
I did not provide a link or a model number. Suter has it listed as 49999. Other dealers seem to have it listed as sbahn. The photos show the same coaches as from the 28505 Set. Suter does state that the coaches will come with the current livery with red doors. The Re 420 LION consists are normally composed of 5-7 of these double deck coaches with a Re 420 in the new livery at either end.

It would be nice if Maerklin would also release a coach in first/second class markings so that the set would be prototypical.
There may be more information soon at www.maerklin.ch

Regards

Mike C
Offline 5HorizonsRR  
#6 Posted : 06 November 2013 18:09:46(UTC)
5HorizonsRR

United States   
This is great intel! I was wondering why they wouldn't do the cars for the LION. I was about to scrap for the Fleischmann ones but I'd much rather have the Marklin ones for length reasons (and cost reasons- don't get to say that often!)
SBB Era 2-5
Offline mike c  
#7 Posted : 07 November 2013 05:55:58(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Bahnorama.ch mentions that there are 1000 Sets available for Switzerland. As I stated above, they may eventually make these coaches available internationally, but for now this seems like a limited production.

Regards

Mike C
Offline mike c  
#8 Posted : 07 November 2013 05:58:06(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Originally Posted by: 5HorizonsRR Go to Quoted Post
This is great intel! I was wondering why they wouldn't do the cars for the LION. I was about to scrap for the Fleischmann ones but I'd much rather have the Marklin ones for length reasons (and cost reasons- don't get to say that often!)

The Fleischmann ones are a little hard to find, especially the updated models with the red doors. I understand that the models have been discontinued and that Hag may have bought the right to continue to produce these models as part of their catalog.

Tillig has released several of these coaches in exact 1/87. Sets with the pilot coach are due this year as well.

Regards

Mike C

Offline 5HorizonsRR  
#9 Posted : 07 November 2013 19:42:21(UTC)
5HorizonsRR

United States   
I'm definitely going to order these, but am curious to see part number and get some actual detail/images first. I hope there will be a more formal announcement?
SBB Era 2-5
Offline black_pete  
#10 Posted : 13 November 2013 13:56:54(UTC)
black_pete

Australia   
Just wondering whether there are any more details regarding these new coaches ... door colour, expected delivery schedule etc

So to be "correct" I'll just have to buy two loks and three sets of coaches Blink

Yeah for Christmas BigGrin
Regards
Pete

expat Kiwi - now living in Melbourne

SBB Era IV & V - Digital - CS1 - C Track
Offline mike c  
#11 Posted : 06 February 2015 22:00:10(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Bahnorama.ch is announcing that the 43479 SBB HVZ LION Set is now available:

http://shop.bahnorama.ch/data/bilder/mar_43479.JPG

Other Swiss dealers should have the set within a week. It is reported that the Set is sold out at factory, which means that all sets have been delivered to dealers. It is very likely that a number of dealers will have available units for sale.

You can try: Suter-Meggen.ch, Zueri-tech.ch, Roundhouse.ch, Bahnorama.ch or any Maerklin dealer listed on Stefan Unholz's shop list:
http://homepage.hispeed.ch/unholz/page3/shops.html

Good hunting

Mike C
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by mike c