Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline TouchCab  
#1 Posted : 05 November 2013 22:16:19(UTC)
TouchCab

Denmark   
Hello all.

Here is a video from my gauge 1 club attending the bi-annual hobby fair in Copenhagen together with the Model Tractor Club.

Best regards,
Jens
---
This account is no longer active
thanks 12 users liked this useful post by TouchCab
Offline kimballthurlow  
#2 Posted : 05 November 2013 23:43:04(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
Originally Posted by: TouchCab Go to Quoted Post
Hello all.

Here is a video from my gauge 1 club attending the bi-annual hobby fair in Copenhagen together with the Model Tractor Club.

Hi John,
Thanks for sharing that really excellent video.
The trackwork on the layout is particularly well done, with the super elevation, and large curve radius, showing off the Gge 1 to advantage.
I guess that was an Adler?? and a live steam 2-10-0?
And the tram loco with train at the end, was really good.

Those Ludmilla look like bullies, too. Never owned one.

regards
Kimball
HO Scale - Märklin (ep II-III and VI, C Track, digital) - 2 rail HO (Queensland Australia, UK, USA) - 3 rail OO (English Hornby Dublo) - old clockwork O gauge - Live Steam 90mm (3.1/2 inch) gauge.
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by kimballthurlow
Offline TouchCab  
#3 Posted : 06 November 2013 08:46:54(UTC)
TouchCab

Denmark   
Originally Posted by: kimballthurlow Go to Quoted Post
The trackwork on the layout is particularly well done, with the super elevation, and large curve radius, showing off the Gge 1 to advantage.
I guess that was an Adler?? and a live steam 2-10-0?
And the tram loco with train at the end, was really good.

The main layout you see was inherited by the club from a club member who passed away. The trackwork is - believe it or not - hand laid. All of it. You see parts of the club's first layout in the outer blind track with the tram loco, and on the large staging yard inside the oval, which is actually the main station on the first layout, now being used for staging.

The tram loco is in fact not a tram loco at all. The prototype was made by the Danish manufacturer Frichs, who also made a number of steam locomotives, and a number of minor diesel locomotives - such as the black/red Köf you see at the grain loading area - but never succeeded in making any large diesels. This particular locomotive is commonly known as a "Frichs' rectangled", and there were several variants, which were used on the private railways in Denmark. There was even a metre-gauge type for the railway at the Island of Bornholm. Many have survived to this day and can be found on veteran railways around the country - some even in working condition.
Proinor's model is the first Frichs' rectangled we have seen in gauge 1.

Yes, that was an Adler, blocking the main line for the Ludmilla BigGrin

But no - it was not live steam, it was DCC.
The 2-10-0 is my BR50 from KM-1 on its first operating weekend after I renovated the smoke unit. I have replaced the fan motors and the wicks in the smoke unit, and I dare say it was a success. The old wicks were made from heavy felt or something, and they were burned so badly that they broke when handled. I replaced them with gasket string for a living room stove, which is woven fiberglass, made to endure the heat. Man, it worked. At one time the smoking stopped all of a sudden, and I thought I had another breakdown on my hands. But no - it had just run dry, so after filling it up, it smoked happily again. The new wicks are much more effective than the original ones, and the smoke no longer fades as the oil is used.

Edited by user 06 November 2013 22:19:24(UTC)  | Reason: 'Rectangled' is a better translation than 'squared'

Best regards,
Jens
---
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by TouchCab
Offline TouchCab  
#4 Posted : 08 November 2013 08:30:40(UTC)
TouchCab

Denmark   
Originally Posted by: TouchCab Go to Quoted Post
The tram loco is in fact not a tram loco at all. ... <snip> ...This particular locomotive is commonly known as a "Frichs' rectangled", and there were several variants, which were used on the private railways in Denmark.

I forgot to mention that the prototype loco for the model in the video was the smallest of the Frichs rectangled, and it was nicknamed 'Sputnik' - allegedly due to its inability to drive fast. BigGrin
Best regards,
Jens
---
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by TouchCab
Offline TouchCab  
#5 Posted : 07 March 2014 12:05:02(UTC)
TouchCab

Denmark   
One more video - this time from the March 2014 hobby fair that took place last weekend.

Yes, much of the same ... it's what we do, you know ... but I've tried shooting from new angles, and there are a few new items among the rolling stock, such as:

- Kiss BR95
- KM-1 Glaskasten
- Benecken BR101
- Märklin BR38 (new version)

Also, you will see the first of two long-awaited crossovers at the entry to the station, allowing us direct access to the freight yard from both main tracks. This marks the beginning of a rebuild of the freight yard, so that it will be possible to shunt and shuffle without disturbing mainline traffic.

Enjoy,
Jens

Best regards,
Jens
---
thanks 6 users liked this useful post by TouchCab