Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Mike M  
#1 Posted : 24 June 2013 20:31:10(UTC)
Mike M

Canada   
Hi,

I am in the process of building my first layout from the #5 Oct/nov 2012 marklin issue. It is 3 layers with 2 hidden staging yards.

Question. I would like to have the staging yards run automatically.For example, one train enters the yard and another automatically leaves the yard and so on.I have all of the digital decoders for the switches so I would like to know how to wire this?. (diagram etc.)I should mention that I am running a Central station 60215.Is there a way to program this at the Central Station ?

Thank in advance for any help you can give.

Cheers MikeConfused
Offline Hoffmann  
#2 Posted : 24 June 2013 22:37:31(UTC)
Hoffmann

Canada   

Hello Mike,

Have a look her

www.modellbahnwerkstatt.info/

I use their system the beauty of this is that no contact Tracks or sensors are needed.

Martin
marklin-eh
Offline Iamnotthecrazyone  
#3 Posted : 24 June 2013 23:54:47(UTC)
Iamnotthecrazyone

Australia   
Originally Posted by: Hoffmann Go to Quoted Post

Hello Mike,

Have a look her

I use their system the beauty of this is that no contact Tracks or sensors are needed.

Martin

Being in German makes it hard to know exactly how it works but no sensors? Surely that device has current consuming sensors and you have to have the tracks insulated from each other, or not?

How much does it cost?

I use an ESU controller for that purpose but the same can be achieved with the central station, it only gets as complicated as you want it to be, the more you want the harder it is. You haven't mention sensors which as Martin mentioned you will need them. So the central station knows the position of the trains, you will also need signals or at least relays to cut off power in the tracks.
Offline Mike M  
#4 Posted : 25 June 2013 01:02:26(UTC)
Mike M

Canada   
Thanks for the advice. I,m not sure how this module would work without relays or sensors?

Are there any detailed diarams how to set this up with the Central Station?
#5 Posted : 25 June 2013 02:00:59(UTC)
Iamnotthecrazyone

Australia   
Originally Posted by: Mike M Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for the advice. I,m not sure how this module would work without relays or sensors?

Hopefully someone else can tell you how to do it with the CS2 if not I can try but since I use a different controller (hard enough to remember how I did it) I may not know all there is to know with the CS2. If you wish let me know I'll give you first some very basic scheme of my first experiments and we try it on your set up. Do you know how to program a route on your controller?
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Iamnotthecrazyone
Offline Nielsenr  
#6 Posted : 25 June 2013 02:13:26(UTC)
Nielsenr

United States   
Mike,

Do you have the 07421 Marklin Electrical Manual?? On pages 98 to 100 they show you how to connect it with S88 and signals. K84s could be used in lieu of the signals to turn off power to the tracks.

Let me know if you have the manual, if not, I'll try and find some time to scan them.

Robert
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Nielsenr
Offline Mike M  
#7 Posted : 25 June 2013 04:08:20(UTC)
Mike M

Canada   
Originally Posted by: Iamnotthecrazyone Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Mike M Go to Quoted Post

Hopefully someone else can tell you how to do it with the CS2 if not I can try but since I use a different controller (hard enough to remember how I did it) I may not know all there is to know with the CS2. If you wish let me know I'll give you first some very basic scheme of my first experiments and we try it on your set up. Do you know how to program a route on your controller?

I have not programed a route yet Just got the first hidden yard layout done
Offline Mike M  
#8 Posted : 25 June 2013 04:12:54(UTC)
Mike M

Canada   
Originally Posted by: Nielsenr Go to Quoted Post
Mike,

Do you have the 07421 Marklin Electrical Manual?? On pages 98 to 100 they show you how to connect it with S88 and signals. K84s could be used in lieu of the signals to turn off power to the tracks.

Let me know if you have the manual, if not, I'll try and find some time to scan them.

Robert

Yes I have the Manual Thanks
#9 Posted : 25 June 2013 04:35:54(UTC)
Iamnotthecrazyone

Australia   
If you are willing to try to learn as you go I can give you some tips and ideas based on my controller although I don't think the differences should bi huge. In my notes there are only two tracks but you can ad just about as many as you like. I suggest you connect and program only two to start with and once you know how it works ad the rest. Everything I am going to say is based on my drawing but changes can be made. At the left end you need an isolated section (on each track) connected to a signal that will cut or give power that isolated section should be at least 36cm long to make sure trains stop. Before that you need some kind of detector e.g. circuit track, contact, reed switch, etc. Trains run always in same direction. Point7 is the only one I connect to direct the trains through route 1 or 2.

In the CS2 you probably have a screen similar to mine (points signals on the tab) tool button located down right on mine. Clicking that should allow you to enter you signals and points and detectors once you do that (same screen in mine) you can start creating routes where you need to select the conditions for the point to change to route 1 or 2. You will need to start playing with that a bit before we can advance more. See how it goes good luck!
Iamnotthecrazyone attached the following image(s):
P1040637.JPG
P1040640.JPG
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Iamnotthecrazyone
#10 Posted : 25 June 2013 04:45:46(UTC)
Iamnotthecrazyone

Australia   
It doesn't matter if you have many more tracks, there is no need to disassemble anything just set a couple to start with for simplicity and then the others can be added later.
Offline Hoffmann  
#11 Posted : 25 June 2013 04:50:26(UTC)
Hoffmann

Canada   

Hi all,

The Shadowstation controller from Modellbahnwerkstatt works in analog or digital I repeat NO CONTACT TRACKS ARE NEEDED NO DECODER FOR TURNOUTS NEEDED.

ALL YOU NEED IS TO INSULATE THE TRACK AT THE RED DOT SHOWN IN THE DIAGRAM AND BRING THE WIRES TO THE CONTROLBOX WHERE SHOWN THATS ALL

Simple is it not.

Martin
marklin-eh
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Hoffmann
Offline Mike M  
#12 Posted : 25 June 2013 06:11:11(UTC)
Mike M

Canada   

Hi all,

The Shadowstation controller from Modellbahnwerkstatt works in analog or digital I repeat NO CONTACT TRACKS ARE NEEDED NO DECODER FOR TURNOUTS NEEDED.

ALL YOU NEED IS TO INSULATE THE TRACK AT THE RED DOT SHOWN IN THE DIAGRAM AND BRING THE WIRES TO THE CONTROLBOX WHERE SHOWN THATS ALL

Simple is it not.

Martin

Hi,

First of all may thanks for the tip Second do you plug this in to the Central Station? Third I already have the decoders, so can I install these and still have manual control through the Central Station?

Cheer Mike
Offline Mike M  
#13 Posted : 25 June 2013 06:14:19(UTC)
Mike M

Canada   
If you are willing to try to learn as you go I can give you some tips and ideas based on my controller although I don't think the differences should bi huge. In my notes there are only two tracks but you can ad just about as many as you like. I suggest you connect and program only two to start with and once you know how it works ad the rest. Everything I am going to say is based on my drawing but changes can be made. At the left end you need an isolated section (on each track) connected to a signal that will cut or give power that isolated section should be at least 36cm long to make sure trains stop. Before that you need some kind of detector e.g. circuit track, contact, reed switch, etc. Trains run always in same direction. Point7 is the only one I connect to direct the trains through route 1 or 2.

In the CS2 you probably have a screen similar to mine (points signals on the tab) tool button located down right on mine. Clicking that should allow you to enter you signals and points and detectors once you do that (same screen in mine) you can start creating routes where you need to select the conditions for the point to change to route 1 or 2. You will need to start playing with that a bit before we can advance more. See how it goes good luck!

Hi, Thank you for your effort so far. I am still trying to absorb all this info. will get back to you with more question I'm
sure.Still waiting for my turn-out motors from Lok shop. Euro rail hobbies was sold out.

Cheers Mike
Offline Mike M  
#14 Posted : 25 June 2013 06:18:37(UTC)
Mike M

Canada   

Hi, Many thanks for your effort.Still trying to absorb all of this info.Will get back to you with more questions I'm sure.
Still waiting for my turn out motors from lok shop.euro rail hobbies was sold out.

Cheers Mike
Offline Mike M  
#15 Posted : 26 June 2013 16:50:09(UTC)
Mike M

Canada   

Hello Mike,

Have a look her

Martin

Hi, Anyone else out there used this system? Anybody ??????

Edited by user 27 June 2013 01:55:27(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified