Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline kimballthurlow  
#1 Posted : 13 May 2013 01:01:15(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
Hi,

Here is my review of the free car supplied to Insider members in 2012.

This is a finely detailed model of an interesting railway vehicle.

I do not know the history of this type of wagon, or how many were built, but it appears as though it may have been rebuilt from an older style box car such as a G02, or G10, because the ends are horizontal wood planks with two vertical stanchions. All of this detail, along with the trussed timber sections along the sides (again with steel verticals), is very finely done by Marklin. There is a brakemans platform and brake lever at one end, with a steel ladder provided to a top walkway between the rows of acid pots (12 in all).

Fine inscriptions are well done in German, my best translation as follows. "Please Observe: The pots are to be filled so that the car wheels are equally loaded". Each pot is finely numbered on the side frame. "For loading Hydrogen Peroxide". This car is based at the works of the firm Degussa, Rheinfelden, Baden. Lubrication dates on the sole bar show October 1959.

The acid pots, which are in real life made of clay or earthenware (my guess), are nicely done in a glaze, which looks real. The really surprizing detail is that the screw lids on each pot, have been made to show as tightened to a different angle. Very neat modelling.

As usual, I am quite delighted with the thought, detail and assembly on this model.
Also please see my later review comparing this car with a similar model.

regards
Kimball

Edited by user 24 February 2014 06:50:59(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

HO Scale - Märklin (ep II-III and VI, C Track, digital) - 2 rail HO (Queensland Australia, UK, USA) - 3 rail OO (English Hornby Dublo) - old clockwork O gauge - Live Steam 90mm (3.1/2 inch) gauge.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kimballthurlow