Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline jonas_sthlm  
#1 Posted : 01 March 2013 16:41:47(UTC)
jonas_sthlm

Sweden   
Its out LOL

GUI version 3.0.1 (February 2013)
• Bug Fix: suppressing effects in keyboard while STOP:
• Bug Fix: incomplete pending ghost locomotives delete quiet
• Bug Fix: ignore incomplete messages from Android App breastfeeding Drool

GFP version 2.31
• Bug Fix: DCC read Config improved
• Feature: DCC read dynamics adjusted threshold and decay wait for LGB MTS turnout decoder
• Bug Fix: Provided mfx + DCC bit times with stretching. This helps against the bucking old Track1-MM-decoder 6095 (activated via setup-info-6095-config Mixmode (standard or wide))
• Bug Fix: Proper handover of the engine orientation to the PC even if the engine was not driven

MS2 version 1.83 in February 2013
• Bug Fix: Fixed losing the first locomotive in slave MS2

No android app yet Huh
Collecting Swedish items since the 80s / CS3+ / MSW / 60175 Booster / 60881 S88 AC / TC10 Gold / K, C-Tracks / Favorites Class Ra / modelltag.se - Forum modelltag.se - Facebook modelltag.se - YouTube
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by jonas_sthlm
Offline GSRR  
#2 Posted : 01 March 2013 17:06:28(UTC)
GSRR

United States   
Originally Posted by: jonas_sthlm Go to Quoted Post

Well that's an interesting new function. ThumpUp

On another note. Anyone seen anything on increasing the number of functions at 16, to something closer to DCC's 28 functions?

r/Thomas

ETE UserPostedImage ECoS iTrain TouchCab C-Gleis German Era Id & IIIb USA Era IIIb SBB Era III SJ Era IV GC Era V
Offline Goofy  
#3 Posted : 01 March 2013 17:37:08(UTC)
Goofy

Originally Posted by: GSRR Go to Quoted Post

On another note. Anyone seen anything on increasing the number of functions at 16, to something closer to DCC's 28 functions?

r/Thomas

Marklins CS2 allows only maximum 16 functions.
You need an complete new software to upgrade functions.

H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
Offline steventrain  
#4 Posted : 01 March 2013 18:05:11(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Thanks for the news, Jonas.
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
Offline RUBEN SPAIN  
#5 Posted : 01 March 2013 20:04:52(UTC)
RUBEN SPAIN

Spain   
I have updated my CS2 from 3.0.0 to 3.0.1.

It is still the same problem with DCC reading. The speedometer changes to 10, ACC delay shows the Vmin value etc.

(See this post) https://www.marklin-user...w-update-to-3-0-0.aspx?=

I sent to Marklin a report the february 4th but...still not resolved.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by RUBEN SPAIN
Offline steventrain  
#6 Posted : 01 March 2013 22:16:17(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
I have update to 3.0.1 (1) but MS2 still 1.81
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
Offline RUBEN SPAIN  
#7 Posted : 01 March 2013 22:34:51(UTC)
RUBEN SPAIN

Spain   
Originally Posted by: steventrain Go to Quoted Post

How could it be?

When I updated to 3.0.0 there was MS2 1.82 update.

Now It should be 1.83 or at least 1.82.

I think Someone at Marklin did not upload the right updates.

For example:

1. 2.1.7 BETA version uploaded
2. 3.0.0. (not 2.5 as was announced before) with bugs
3. 3.0.1 Still the same or new bugs.

I downgraded to 2.0.1. Maybe the most stable versions are 1.64 and 2.0.1
Offline mbarreto  
#8 Posted : 01 March 2013 22:53:46(UTC)
mbarreto

Portugal   
Originally Posted by: Goofy Go to Quoted Post
[

Hi Anders,

I think this is an important upgrade M should do to CS2 and MS2 (more than 16 functions).
As they prefer to promote mfx+, it may not be so easy we (I mean the ones like me that have a CS2) to get that feature.
Another interesting one that won't be easy to get from M is Railcom Plus :(

Anyway I am waiting seated (it will take time until they are convinced that they don't have other chance...), but I have hope in those 2 features for CS2.

Best regards,
Miguel
Mostly Märklin H0.

Offline jeehring  
#9 Posted : 02 March 2013 01:24:04(UTC)
jeehring

r/Thomas

Yes, Protocole for 28 functions has been defined by NMRA, but, in practise those 28 functions rarely exist on decoders (at least in Europe)...& still many centrales don't have 28 functions.
I have seen some decoders with 22 functions....Anyway, those suplementary functions are only sound functions, still sound functions, again sound function, always sound functions....Still the same sound of trains that they have cut into slices . 1 more slice = 1 more function.

MFX+ decoders have now more than 16 functions . They are bidirectionnal functions. They are not sound functions.
With MFX+ the CS2 also offers much more than 16 functions.

Offline jeehring  
#10 Posted : 02 March 2013 01:37:14(UTC)
jeehring

Originally Posted by: RUBEN SPAIN Go to Quoted Post
I have updated my CS2 from 3.0.0 to 3.0.1.

It is still the same problem with DCC reading. The speedometer changes to 10, ACC delay shows the Vmin value etc.

(See this post) https://www.marklin-user...w-update-to-3-0-0.aspx?=

I sent to Marklin a report the february 4th but...still not resolved.

Janury & February, they are all focused on Nuremberg toyfair & perspectives....

Offline NZMarklinist  
#11 Posted : 02 March 2013 13:14:34(UTC)
NZMarklinist

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: mbarreto Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Goofy Go to Quoted Post
[

Hi Anders,

I think this is an important upgrade M should do to CS2 and MS2 (more than 16 functions).
As they prefer to promote mfx+, it may not be so easy we (I mean the ones like me that have a CS2) to get that feature.
Another interesting one that won't be easy to get from M is Railcom Plus :(

Anyway I am waiting seated (it will take time until they are convinced that they don't have other chance...), but I have hope in those 2 features for CS2.

Extra functions maybe, I have seen more than 16 used on Ecos, with Railcom Plus as it happens, in DCC mode with ESU Loksound V4 in a friends Marklin King Ludwig Lok in Australia, works very well.ThumpUp Registration to the Ecos was lightning fast RollEyes
Anyhow you won't see Railcom Plus on the CS2, absolutly not Bored
Glen
Auckland NZ

" Every Marklin layout needs a V200, a Railbus and a Banana car", not to mention a few Black and red Steamers, oh and the odd Elok !

CS1 Reloaded, Touch Cab, C Track Modules, K track layout all under construction. Currently Insider
Offline jonas_sthlm  
#12 Posted : 02 March 2013 13:31:48(UTC)
jonas_sthlm

Sweden   
Originally Posted by: steventrain Go to Quoted Post

Mellow

UserPostedImage

Collecting Swedish items since the 80s / CS3+ / MSW / 60175 Booster / 60881 S88 AC / TC10 Gold / K, C-Tracks / Favorites Class Ra / modelltag.se - Forum modelltag.se - Facebook modelltag.se - YouTube
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by jonas_sthlm
Offline RUBEN SPAIN  
#13 Posted : 02 March 2013 14:06:05(UTC)
RUBEN SPAIN

Spain   
Somebody could tell me if he/she have the same problem as me with DCC decoders reading? (wrong values in Acc delay, V min and changes in the speedometer)

People who has installed SW 3.0.1 TFP 2.31.

I have downgraded first to 2.0.1 and my CS2 works fine with this.
I have downgraded now to 1.64 TFP 1.38.

With both SW versions DCC reading works and the values are written in the right boxes.

The fail reading only happens with 3.0.0 or 3.0.1

Edited by user 02 March 2013 19:22:31(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline H0  
#14 Posted : 02 March 2013 14:12:42(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: NZMarklinist Go to Quoted Post
Anyhow you won't see Railcom Plus on the CS2, absolutly not Bored
Very likely the CS2 does not have the receiver for RailCom.

More than 16 functions OTOH require only a new screen layout. They could easily support 28 or 32767 functions per loco address (to bring the CS2 closer to the "complete DCC functionality" they advertise since 2009).
Or maybe keep only 16 functions on the screen, but allow every position to be mapped to any loco function.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline RUBEN SPAIN  
#15 Posted : 02 March 2013 19:26:02(UTC)
RUBEN SPAIN

Spain   
I think RAILCOM is not 100% compatible with mfx.

And maybe CS2 could have at least 21 functions in DCC mode. ESU ECOS has and in the early software versions of Marklin CS1 and ECOS there where less functions.
Offline H0  
#16 Posted : 02 March 2013 20:11:23(UTC)
H0

ESU ECoS has 22 functions and supports RailCom, RailCom plus, and mfx. I never heard they were incompatible.
ECoS (and CS1 reloaded) initially had 20 functions IIRC, now 22.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline clapcott  
#17 Posted : 02 March 2013 21:16:55(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   

r/Thomas

I am not sure that this is the correct question to ask.
i.e. it might help if you indicate what you wish to achieve.

Referring to Maerklins own documentation....

The list of functions posted way back in 60213 days includes an indication of 32 functions..
http://mediencms.maerklin.de/media.php/de/pdfs/CS2-Funktionssymbole.pdf
More icons have been added since then and , most of them are for sounds.

Further, the control definitions in the CAN documented references functions 0-31,
- But I point out that theoretically the whole byte is available with DLC=6 offering the possibility for 256 and that is direct addressing.
- Further again the function capability supports a "value" range of (currently documented) 0-31 - NOT JUST ON AND OFF.
"... the corresponding function is turned on, or activated with the corresponding dimming...."
- And if that wasn't enough DLC=8 adds "Select a value with special functions." .. whatever that may mean

So we now come back to at least 3 other parts of the equation
- Controller to track prototcol
- the decoders capabilities
- The ergonomics of controlling so many functions

Re Controller to track protocol
- From what I have seen there may need to be modification here (more likely the addition of another command). currently the basic mFX format on the track is a string representing the "state" of all functions either 4,8,16. This length of the string would become unwieldy if more functions were addressed this way. It is more likely that there will be a command with an individual function "address" and a qualifying state (or "value" if not On/Off)

Re Decoder capabilities
- Currently (Maerklin HO) decoders have a max number of 6 driver functions - if you want more no-sound function then another decoder is needed anyway
- Sounds already have the ability for configuration

Re Ergonomics.
- Please describe how you would lay these function buttons on the screen/console in such a way that they are meaningful and non confusing.
- I see consolidation of sound with function as being more logical - e.g. the raising of a pantograph should be accompanied with its sound - no need for 2 functions
Peter
Offline clapcott  
#18 Posted : 02 March 2013 21:38:26(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
........... I never heard they were incompatible.

Tom,

I think this is a very dangerous statement indeed.
You are better to consider modes of operation as incompatible unless stated otherwise

not all vehicular can be driven on any road. and those driving them cannot be guaranteed to be driving under the same road code.

Personally I would be very wary about the "completeness" of support when
- RailCom controller has a dropout for the decoder to drive back into
- mFX controller has a powered but no-drive gap for the decoder to modulate.

If the ESU products say they can do both I would ask the question "can they do them together and without limitations?".
And then I would want to know if the RailCom decoder people certify unhindered operation on a controller deploying mFX and vice versa.
This compatability would have to be speced for future enhancements (e.g. mFX+)
Peter
Offline clapcott  
#19 Posted : 02 March 2013 21:43:48(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
Its out LOL

I also note, in the update files list, the inclusion of the CAN spec for a "Model Clock" with references to setting a time scale from 1:1 to 1:60.

This may add a "difficulty" feature for mFX+ by changing the usage rate of the consumables like sand,water,coal ....
Or it may be for a new feature all together
Peter
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by clapcott
Offline H0  
#20 Posted : 02 March 2013 21:55:57(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: clapcott Go to Quoted Post
Re Decoder capabilities
- Currently (Maerklin HO) decoders have a max number of 6 driver functions - if you want more no-sound function then another decoder is needed anyway
AFAIK they use SUSI add-on boards to control Telex couplers - they could also be used to get more than 6 physical functions. Same scheme is used by ESU to get more than 6 physical functions in their locos (IO board also available separately).

Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline kbvrod  
#21 Posted : 02 March 2013 22:09:22(UTC)
kbvrod

United States   
Its out LOL

I also note, in the update files list, the inclusion of the CAN spec for a "Model Clock" with references to setting a time scale from 1:1 to 1:60.

This may add a "difficulty" feature for mFX+ by changing the usage rate of the consumables like sand,water,coal ....
Or it may be for a new feature all together

Hi Peter,all,
"Fast clocks" are already built in to many DCC systems.
Other control programs,software, like Railroad&Co had these(fuel consumption,etc) 15 years ago!
Yes,putting the burden on the decoder seems a lot but can be done.

Dr D

Offline clapcott  
#22 Posted : 02 March 2013 23:02:37(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: kbvrod Go to Quoted Post

Hi Peter,all,
"Fast clocks" are already built in to many DCC systems.
Other control programs,software, like Railroad&Co had these(fuel consumption,etc) 15 years ago!
Yes,putting the burden on the decoder seems a lot but can be done.

Dr D

I was waiting for that ... and I am not surprised it comes from a US colleague ....
Peter
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by clapcott
Offline RUBEN SPAIN  
#23 Posted : 03 March 2013 00:01:52(UTC)
RUBEN SPAIN

Spain   
Hello again.

The problem I said about the wrong writing to ACC delay, Vmin values and the way the speedometer changes to 10 when a DCC config is read in the CS2 does not affects to the internal decoders functioning. It only affects to speedometers in the control screen.

By there is some news. When I tried to read the configuration from some DCC decoders like ESU LP V3, LP V4 or ESU LS V3.5 and V4.0, the process so many times finished with a failed reading, more with ESU LS decoders and less with LP decoders.

My TRIX San Gottardo train, which have a DCC/selectrix decoder never could be readed. Even, when I tried to detect the address, it fails all times (receiving the message that locomotive could not be found).

I have never could read or write the CVs of the San Gottardo with CS2 (and with my MS2 it could be possible). But now, today, with 3.0.1 and TFP 2.31 software, my CS2 never fails reading configuration of a lot of DCC locomotives. I tried with LP V2, V3, V4, Loksound V4, Uhlenbrock 76320, and even my San Gottardo with the TRIX DCC decoder.

The reading/writing was successful all times.

My CS2 is 60214 HW 4.33.

So I can say that DCC reading configuration and writing CVs has been really enhanced (of fixed), at least in my CS2. The only thing that was not bug-fixed is the thing I mentioned before about the ACC delay, V min and speedometer. But it can be a solution if you write the right values manually.

Kind regards
Offline clapcott  
#24 Posted : 03 March 2013 01:36:11(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
Re Decoder capabilities
AFAIK they use SUSI add-on boards to control Telex couplers - they could also be used to get more than 6 physical functions. Same scheme is used by ESU to get more than 6 physical functions in their locos (IO board also available separately).

Thanks Tom, I see I failed to explain the meaning of my reference , which is that the Mearklin designers and service departments are in a better position to know the underlying limitations of components that influence the solution as a whole. Just because the protocol can support/address thousands of functions does not in the least bit imply that they can all be implemented within a single device. At some point addon-separate boards will also need a separate power feed.

Some of the components that need to be considered are known ..
- size - shrinking all the time but still finite as you still need space for wire connections (imagine looming 65000 odd function wires)
- power draw - there is a finite current draw that the loco pickup can cope with before an occasional arc turns into an arc-weld
- heat - emphasized by a reduction in size which means it is harder to naturally cool the driver components (BR52 condencer loco with fans may help)

A current example of the the latter is the apparent duplication of availability of the "Marklin" 6094x decoders v the "NEM?" 6096x decoders.
On the face of it these items differ primarily because of there cable colours with a secondary observation that the 6096x decoders are smaller and more suited to smaller spaces. What I believe is of equal importance, but not researched by many when comparing the two, is that the smaller form factor device has a lesser current rating and number of "driver" functions - I think it is realistic to believe this is because of the heatsink constraints.
(BTW the NEM colouring supplied with the 6096x is a marketing red herring - you could change the colours on the 6094x to NEM standards and the device would still function)

In summary there are always compromises.
Peter
Offline H0  
#25 Posted : 03 March 2013 09:25:01(UTC)
H0

Thanks Tom, I see I failed to explain the meaning of my reference , which is that the Mearklin designers and service departments are in a better position to know the underlying limitations of components that influence the solution as a whole. Just because the protocol can support/address thousands of functions does not in the least bit imply that they can all be implemented within a single device.
Here's an overview of available Zimo decoders:
http://www.zimo.at/web20...oducts/lokdecoder_EN.htm

It seems the MX633 has 10 amplified function outputs, 2 unamplified function outputs, 2 servo function outputs - and SUSI if you need more ...
These are loco decoders.

Another point: with loco light functions, you may need more function keys than function outputs to support various configurations. Märklin use transistors on the loco PCB to support their F6/F8 light functions (cab 1 off, cab 2 off, double A lights). Advantage: works with default decoder settings.
For DIY solutions, I'd use decoder function mapping instead of extra transistors.

With DCC you can have a decoder in every coach, control the lights of every compartment - and set all decoders to the same address using different function keys - provided the controller allows more than 16 functions. This requires function decoders that support functions above 28 (which are available e.g. from Uhlenbrock).

ESU and Märklin play the same game: not more functions in the controller UI than in their own locomotives.

Re cable colours: AFAIK the Trix H0 decoders are all discontinued, so the 6096x decoders also aim at the 2R market where NMRA colours are widely used. The plug is included, but not soldered on (so they lose purchases from those who do not want to solder).

A 2013 Trix new item is a steamer with red and yellow LEDs in the firebox with a micro controller to run the lights - and that's N gauge. Well, that's a bit like a second decoder. Time will tell what this will lead to.
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline steventrain  
#26 Posted : 03 March 2013 11:49:21(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
CS2 3.0.1 (1) with MS2 1.81

Offline jonas_sthlm  
#27 Posted : 03 March 2013 12:15:24(UTC)
jonas_sthlm

Sweden   
It doesn’t happen something if you connect MS2 when CS2 is running?

They many step back with MS2 update in the last minutes.
Offline RUBEN SPAIN  
#28 Posted : 03 March 2013 13:07:12(UTC)
RUBEN SPAIN

Spain   
I updated my two units of MS2 without problem. When I plug a MS2 into CS2 (when it is running), then appears a message in the MS2 to update to 1.83 and a message in the CS2 with the same information.

Maybe you should try to update again your CS2 (maybe some files has not been right downloaded) and then try again to update your MS2.

¿Did you try first to reset the MS2 to factory defaults?

Offline pa-pauls  
#29 Posted : 04 March 2013 14:05:42(UTC)
pa-pauls

I updated my CS-2 and my MS-2 today without any problem.

I even tried the "main station" APP on my iPad mini and it work too ThumpUp
Pål Paulsen
Märklin Spur 1 Digital, epoche 3
Offline RUBEN SPAIN  
#30 Posted : 04 March 2013 17:23:32(UTC)
RUBEN SPAIN

Spain   
Yesterday I tried To update a CS2 from a friend of mine. The hardware was 3.4.

We connected the CS to Internet and we made the update as I made for my CS2 (HW 4.33). The CS2 of my friend stayed about 10 minutes downloading the software , with the updating message in screen, and then, the screen changed to Blank state and the red LEDs of STOP started to flash. It stayed until 40 minutes. We could connect with CS2 by a PC, writing the IP of that CS2 in the Internet Browser. When we tried to see a captured screen of CS2 we saw a captured screen with updating message. But the screen of CS2 was blank.

We unplugged the CS and after several seconds it started. The Software version was 3.0.1 but TFP was still 2.0. We thought something was wrong in the updating process, and then we tried to downgrade to 2.0.1 with a USB pendrive.

The downgrading started as usual, with the message "loading". But after 5 minutes the screen turned again to blank, while the red LEDs of STOP were flashing.
After 10 minutes we tried to see if was possible to connect by a PC, writing the IP in the Internet browser. We could see all as if the CS2 were working right but when we tried to see a captured screen we received a screen with the "loading" message, as if the CS2 still were updating.

We left the CS2 about 20 minutes but it stayed with blank screen. So we unpuggled it again.

When we plug it again the CS2 did not start. The screen was blank and red LED were flashing. It was like the CS2 was dead.

We unplugged CS2 again and left it about 2 minutes off. Then we get on again and then it started. The software was 2.0.1 and TFP 2.0

We think there is something bad in that CS2. And we decided not to try the update again.

Someone has a similar experience?

Someone know if there are a recovery procedure if a CS2 gets hang and it can not start?

Kind Regards
Offline H0  
#31 Posted : 04 March 2013 18:35:30(UTC)
H0

Someone know if there are a recovery procedure if a CS2 gets hang and it can not start?
There's a repair procedure you might try:
https://www.marklin-user...4-Update.aspx#post260802
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline RUBEN SPAIN  
#32 Posted : 04 March 2013 19:44:09(UTC)
RUBEN SPAIN

Spain   
There's a repair procedure you might try:
https://www.marklin-user...4-Update.aspx#post260802

I think this procedure does not work with newer software versions. I have been searching in Maerklin.de to have more info but Marklin has clean all about this. It was in the old FAQ.

When I make this with a pendrive nothing happens. The CS2 starts as usual.

Offline H0  
#33 Posted : 04 March 2013 21:23:00(UTC)
H0

The old FAQ are still there:
http://www.maerklin.de/f...;sb=5&o=&fpart=1

They write it can take up to 5 minutes for the program to start. Not all USB memory sticks work with the CS2 (e.g. no NTFS AFAIK) and file names are case-sensitive.
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
Offline JohnjeanB  
#34 Posted : 04 March 2013 22:29:03(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Yesterday I tried To update a CS2 from a friend of mine. The hardware was 3.4.

We connected the CS to Internet and we made the update as I made for my CS2 (HW 4.33). The CS2 of my friend stayed about 10 minutes downloading the software , with the updating message in screen, and then, the screen changed to Blank state and the red LEDs of STOP started to flash. It stayed until 40 minutes. We could connect with CS2 by a PC, writing the IP of that CS2 in the Internet Browser. When we tried to see a captured screen of CS2 we saw a captured screen with updating message. But the screen of CS2 was blank.

We unplugged the CS and after several seconds it started. The Software version was 3.0.1 but TFP was still 2.0. We thought something was wrong in the updating process, and then we tried to downgrade to 2.0.1 with a USB pendrive.

The downgrading started as usual, with the message "loading". But after 5 minutes the screen turned again to blank, while the red LEDs of STOP were flashing.
After 10 minutes we tried to see if was possible to connect by a PC, writing the IP in the Internet browser. We could see all as if the CS2 were working right but when we tried to see a captured screen we received a screen with the "loading" message, as if the CS2 still were updating.

We left the CS2 about 20 minutes but it stayed with blank screen. So we unpuggled it again.

When we plug it again the CS2 did not start. The screen was blank and red LED were flashing. It was like the CS2 was dead.

We unplugged CS2 again and left it about 2 minutes off. Then we get on again and then it started. The software was 2.0.1 and TFP 2.0

We think there is something bad in that CS2. And we decided not to try the update again.

Someone has a similar experience?

Kind Regards

Hello Ruben

It happened to my newest CS2 (h/w 5.1) when updating to 3.0.0 (0) as if there is sometime something wrong with the restart procedure
the screen became black, the diodes were ON and there it stood forever. I upplugged and updated again until I had "Update erfolgreich"
My other CS2 (h/w 4.33) did not do it, rebooted without telling the result. Later I had the good message "Update erfolgreich".
Now both my units are working fine.
In my opinion this is a bug that can be circumvented by redoing the update It does not happen ofter
Cheers
Jean

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by JohnjeanB
Offline RUBEN SPAIN  
#35 Posted : 04 March 2013 22:50:46(UTC)
RUBEN SPAIN

Spain   
The old FAQ are still there:
http://www.maerklin.de/f...;sb=5&o=&fpart=1

They write it can take up to 5 minutes for the program to start. Not all USB memory sticks work with the CS2 (e.g. no NTFS AFAIK) and file names are case-sensitive.

It only made a backup of files.
I have pendrives with FAT32
Thank you and thanks to John
Offline jeehring  
#36 Posted : 04 March 2013 23:39:34(UTC)
jeehring

Originally Posted by: pa-pauls Go to Quoted Post
I updated my CS-2 and my MS-2 today without any problem.

I even tried the "main station" APP on my iPad mini and it work too ThumpUp

Marklin users forum rules : before updating always wait a couple of days after Jonas sthlm announcements ....and it works ! Wink ThumpUp
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by jeehring
Offline RUBEN SPAIN  
#37 Posted : 05 March 2013 21:25:05(UTC)
RUBEN SPAIN

Spain   
Today we has tried to update the CS2 with hardware 3.4 from my friend and was not succesfull. (Its software was 2.0.1 TFP 2.0)

The first time we tried to update the process ended with the blank screen in the CS2. Then we made a screen captured from a PC and we saw the main screen with the message "update was not succesfull", but the real CS2 screen was blank.

We unplugged the CS2, and started again. Then the software was 3.0.1 but TFP was 2.0 and the message to update TFP to 2.31 never appears.

We tried again with twice more but all times we have recieved the message "Update was not successful". Now this CS2 has SW 3.0.1 with 2.0 TFP.

What can we do now?

I repeat that with my CS2 HW 4.33 the update was succesful. Could it be that SW 3.0.1, TFP 2.31 is not compatible with HW 3.4?

UPDATED MESSAGE 07 MARCH 2013:

Finally we installed the 3.0.1 with tfp 2.31 software in the CS2 with HW 3.4. It was too difficult to update that CS2. All times we tried the CS2 screen came blank and we need to unplugged the CS2 to restart.
The software updated to 3.0.1 but we did not see the tfp in 2.31. It remained in 2.0. When we downgraded to 2.0.1 with USB the CS2 also gets hanged, and the screen came black a lot of times.
Finally we decided to try to downgrade the software to 1.6.4. We read in stummiforum that some people had the same problem and they solved it downgrading to 1.6.4. We tried to do this downloading the 1.6.4 file from maerklin.de and making the "updating" with USB pendrive.

This time we tried to donwgrade to 1.6.4, the screen came blank again but we left the CS2 about 2 hours (we have readed that a guy left his CS2 about 1.5 hours and , after that time, the central had awaked from "the eternal dream". We made a screenshot where we saw the main screen with the "update TFP to 1.38 message" but the real CS2 screen was blank. So we unplugged it again.
The software was 1.6.4 and TFP 2.0.
We were desperate. But at last we tried again with the USB 1.6.4 downgrade hoping this time the CS2 screen did not came blank, and we had the possibility to change the TFP version to 1.38. We left the LAN wire plugged in CS2 with we selected the USB STICK.
This time, the CS2 screen did not came blank. When the CS2 restarted from this last "update" ¡THE SOFTWARE WAS 3.0.1! and we saw the message to update TFP to 2.31.
We do not know why this final update was by Internet if had selected to USB STICK but

¡WE DID IT!

Edited by user 07 March 2013 11:25:21(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by RUBEN SPAIN
Offline eduard71  
#38 Posted : 08 March 2013 18:30:15(UTC)
eduard71

Chile   
Hi,
I just had the same problem described by Ruben. At the moment of the upgrade, the screen got blank and after I unplugged the unit I had software 3.0.1 but with the old TFP. The central unit was unable to update my MS2, so I did the same process as Ruben did and it worked just fine. Some bug should be in the software.
If your CS2 is unable to update your MS2 with the new software, then you should follow Rubens’s procedure.
Regards
Eduardo
Offline RUBEN SPAIN  
#39 Posted : 08 March 2013 21:41:34(UTC)
RUBEN SPAIN

Spain   
Originally Posted by: eduard71 Go to Quoted Post
Hi,
I just had the same problem described by Ruben. At the moment of the upgrade, the screen got blank and after I unplugged the unit I had software 3.0.1 but with the old TFP. The central unit was unable to update my MS2, so I did the same process as Ruben did and it worked just fine. Some bug should be in the software.
If your CS2 is unable to update your MS2 with the new software, then you should follow Rubens’s procedure.
Regards
Eduardo

Thank you very much Eduardo. I request all people who suffered this problem updating their CS2 to report the problem here saying which Hardware has the CS2 and the software installed before the updating.

Some people reported similar problems in stummiforum. I don´t Know if I can write the URL of that messages in stummi here because it is other forum.

Kind regards

Edit: It's fully ok to refer to other forums/sites with links, no worries... Information sharing is good, and it works both ways with eg Stummi's! Smile /Webmaster

Ok the link is:

http://www.cs2.stummifor...php?t=85894&p=970223
Offline jonas_sthlm  
#40 Posted : 11 March 2013 18:35:09(UTC)
jonas_sthlm

Sweden   
Wondering if there might be a bug with 3.0.1 for programming the TT 7686 Confused

Following the usual process,

Power on and press input, get the sound

Move to track 1 and press clear and then button 1

Move to track 2 press input, and so on for all track

Ending with press end, turntable move to track 1

But nothing is saved Crying

Offline jonas_sthlm  
#41 Posted : 12 March 2013 20:26:24(UTC)
jonas_sthlm

Sweden   
I did manage to program the 7686 box thru computer and TC8 so something must be wrong with the latest update Cool
Offline RUBEN SPAIN  
#42 Posted : 12 March 2013 21:44:03(UTC)
RUBEN SPAIN

Spain   
Wondering if there might be a bug with 3.0.1 for programming the TT 7686 Confused

Following the usual process,

Power on and press input, get the sound

Move to track 1 and press clear and then button 1

Move to track 2 press input, and so on for all track

Ending with press end, turntable move to track 1

But nothing is saved Crying

I think there could be more bugs and maybe critical bugs.

Another person told me his CS2 hangs since he tried to update to 3.0.1. The first time he recieved the message "Update NOt succesfull" but his CS was with 3.0.1, but not tFP updating.

He tried a second time but his screen become blank and he can not start his CS2. He told me that the second time He also suffered a electrical cut-off at his home.
He is trying a lot of things since the last friday but it is impossible. The CS2 starts with "LOADING" screen and after a few minutes the screen came blank and nothing more to do. He can access to CS2 by a PC using, Web interface but no more. He is desperate and sent a email to marklin service but without response.

I saw that the brand that makes CS2 at factory is Kontron. He also has sent a email to Kontron Support.

http://emea.kontron.com/...erklin+digital.3292.html

I Know too many cases of problems with this update (blank screens) but this is the first time I Know about a completely hanged CS2

Kind Regards
Offline Steamer01  
#43 Posted : 12 March 2013 22:52:00(UTC)
Steamer01

Netherlands   
If there are troubles with the update than remind that you need a lot of time of about 90 - 120 minutes. Leave the CS2 and return after that time. If not successfull than try to do the usb-stick update with 1.6.4.. That also takes about 90 minutes. After that try the on-line update and see that you will be successfull in a few minutes with version 3.0.1.

With MFX+ you have some more things to try out.
In the lay-out you can place some icons for a place to stop and load. (sand, water, and other things in the lay-out for the S-88-symbol).

Steamer 01

CS3 60216 + 8 x 60174 + 1 x 60175
www.rensenmodelbaanwereld.com
Offline RUBEN SPAIN  
#44 Posted : 12 March 2013 23:20:53(UTC)
RUBEN SPAIN

Spain   
This time it is impossible.

This CS2 does not start. It keeps several minutes with the LOADING screen and about 8-9 minutes the screen came blank. It has been plugged for a long night and nothing happened.

It is DIED.

Offline RUBEN SPAIN  
#45 Posted : 16 March 2013 17:47:20(UTC)
RUBEN SPAIN

Spain   
Today I have connected my CS2 to Internet for update. I wanted to see if there were some new updates.

Here is a piece my update-log. It is automatic translated to spanish by the Google Chrome browser. Sorry.

You can see there is an update for the mSD.

5646 archivos a considerar
etc /
etc / udev / rules.d /
etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules
0 0% 0.00kB / s 00:00:00
219 100% 213.87kB / s 0:00:00 (xfer # 1, to-check = 5609/5646)
home/cs2 /
home/cs2/gleisbilder /
home/cs2/lokcvs /
home/cs2/update/fws /
home/cs2/update/fws/mSD-v1-022.fws
29708 100% 151.89kB / s 0:00:00 (xfer # 2, to-check = 511/5646)
home/cs2/update/fws/mSD-v1-022.html
5913 100% 21.96kB / s 0:00:00 (xfer # 3, a-check = 510/5646)
home/cs2/update/fws/mSD.html -> mSD-v1-022.html
opt / www /
opt / www / help /
opt / www / help /. mantener
0 100% 0.00kB / s 0:00:00 (xfer # 4, to-check = 310/5646)

Número de archivos: 5646
Número de archivos transferidos: 4
Tamaño total del archivo: 77458818 bytes
Transferido tamaño total del archivo: 35840 bytes
Datos literales: 35840 bytes
Datos encontrados: 0 bytes
Lista de archivos tamaño: 210958
Lista de archivos tiempo de generación: 2.531 segundos
Lista de archivos Tiempo de transferencia: 0,000 segundos
Total de bytes enviados: 328
Total de bytes recibidos: 243622

328 bytes enviados recibido 243622 bytes 2756.50 bytes / seg
tamaño total es de 317,52 77458818 aceleración es
la actualización se realizó con éxito en update_server1
ERG = 0

UPDATED 30/MARCH/2013:

NEW MINOR UPDATES FOR MS2 DATABASE AND MARKLIN LOK-DECODERS.

etc/
etc/cs2/
etc/udev/rules.d/
etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules
0 0% 0.00kB/s 0:00:00
219 100% 213.87kB/s 0:00:00 (xfer#1, to-check=5607/5645)
home/cs2/
home/cs2/flashdb.ms2
72192 100% 640.91kB/s 0:00:00 (xfer#2, to-check=5591/5645)
home/cs2/lokdb.csv
74231 100% 337.17kB/s 0:00:00 (xfer#3, to-check=5589/5645)
home/cs2/gleisbilder/
home/cs2/lokcvs/
home/cs2/update/flashdb.ms2
72192 100% 9.84MB/s 0:00:00 (xfer#4, to-check=545/5645)
home/cs2/update/fwd/mLD-v1-8-14-0.html
2603 100% 27.04kB/s 0:00:00 (xfer#5, to-check=538/5645)
home/cs2/update/fwd/mLD-v1-9-15-0.html
3176 100% 30.41kB/s 0:00:00 (xfer#6, to-check=536/5645)
home/cs2/update/fwd/mLD-v2-10-16-0.html
3333 100% 24.85kB/s 0:00:00 (xfer#7, to-check=534/5645)
home/cs2/update/fwd/mLD-v2-11-16-0.html
3553 100% 24.78kB/s 0:00:00 (xfer#8, to-check=532/5645)
opt/
opt/www/
opt/www/hilfe/
opt/www/hilfe/.keep
1 100% 0.98kB/s 0:00:00 (xfer#9, to-check=310/5645)
usr/local/
usr/local/bin/
usr/local/bin/update_cleanup.sh
2096 100% 292.41kB/s 0:00:00 (xfer#10, to-check=50/5645)

Number of files: 5645
Number of files transferred: 10
Total file size: 77497654 bytes
Total transferred file size: 233596 bytes
Literal data: 92831 bytes
Matched data: 140765 bytes
File list size: 210929
File list generation time: 2.489 seconds
File list transfer time: 0.000 seconds
Total bytes sent: 1822
Total bytes received: 229152

sent 1822 bytes received 229152 bytes 1855.21 bytes/sec
total size is 77497654 speedup is 335.53
das Update über update_server1 war erfolgreich
ERG=0

Edited by user 30 March 2013 15:02:35(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline clapcott  
#46 Posted : 06 April 2013 09:47:11(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
Purely FYI.

Recent update appeared to do something and then rebooted automatically
Repeating the update again took a little longer but also rebooted automatically
a 3rd time , no reboot and the usual "Update successful" message

ChangeLog and Version show no change ?

update screen shows progress messages.... helpful ...
clapcott attached the following image(s):
20130406_CS2Update.png
Peter
Offline RUBEN SPAIN  
#47 Posted : 06 April 2013 12:15:21(UTC)
RUBEN SPAIN

Spain   
Purely FYI.

Recent update appeared to do something and then rebooted automatically
Repeating the update again took a little longer but also rebooted automatically
a 3rd time , no reboot and the usual "Update successful" message

ChangeLog and Version show no change ?

update screen shows progress messages.... helpful ...

Hello

For me is the same as yours.

This minor updates changed some features of CS2 like the messages (this info is for the files that have been downloaded) situated below the progress bar. There is also a MS2 update (loco database) and updates for the lokdecoder.
Offline jonas_sthlm  
#48 Posted : 06 April 2013 12:42:09(UTC)
jonas_sthlm

Sweden   
UserPostedImage

Three time with reboot after...

UserPostedImage

It still start to upgarde if trying after success massage.

UserPostedImage

Be careful, maybe new beta experiment Crying
Offline steventrain  
#49 Posted : 14 April 2013 13:10:38(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Now update to MS2 1.83 after update again CS2.
Offline steventrain  
#50 Posted : 14 April 2013 13:12:34(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
UserPostedImage

Be careful, maybe new beta experiment Crying

I have the same as well and working fine, Don't worry about it.Wink