Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline ariete  
#1 Posted : 19 January 2013 05:51:30(UTC)
ariete

New Zealand   
Has this kit been discussed? my one is partly built, well it apears to be almost two kits in the box partly done, and it has two instruction sheets, intact decal sheets. But well it's a nice looking box and I'm not going to built the kit, I have enough Marklin tin plate buildings on my layout, plus Faller wooden buildings so no more room, but I like Faller kits anyway and used to have a very large collection, but not so many these days, but I still have some intresting enough pieces kept back.

ariete attached the following image(s):
Faller B-905.jpg
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by ariete
Offline kweekalot  
#2 Posted : 19 January 2013 12:07:28(UTC)
kweekalot

Netherlands   
Hi Ariete,

No, the B-905 Kit has not been discussed yet.
I think B-905 is the most wanted and beloved Faller kit at the moment. And the most expensive one too.

The last months there are quit a lot B-905 Kits for sale on German Ebay, sometimes with an asking price of € 200 or
€ 250 for a 100% mint 1960 Kit with mint karton.
In Ebay auctions one can also see prices > € 125 for a good (early version) B-905 Kit. Same for the Atlas B-905.

I think it is great if you give us a review of the Kit !

Along with another forum member we are developing a Faller Decal bank, with PDF scans, so (next generation) Faller enthusiasts can print the old Decals.

Would you be willing to make a scan of your B-905 Decals ??

Marco

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kweekalot
Offline petestra  
#3 Posted : 19 January 2013 15:41:40(UTC)
petestra

United States   
Hi, I really wish that Faller would make a new version of this with interiors, lighting, etc.
PeterThumpUp Smile
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by petestra
Offline ariete  
#4 Posted : 20 January 2013 08:45:32(UTC)
ariete

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: kweekalot Go to Quoted Post
Hi Ariete,

No, the B-905 Kit has not been discussed yet.
I think B-905 is the most wanted and beloved Faller kit at the moment. And the most expensive one too.

The last months there are quit a lot B-905 Kits for sale on German Ebay, sometimes with an asking price of € 200 or
€ 250 for a 100% mint 1960 Kit with mint karton.
In Ebay auctions one can also see prices > € 125 for a good (early version) B-905 Kit. Same for the Atlas B-905.

I think it is great if you give us a review of the Kit !

Along with another forum member we are developing a Faller Decal bank, with PDF scans, so (next generation) Faller enthusiasts can print the old Decals.

Would you be willing to make a scan of your B-905 Decals ??

Marco

UserPostedImage

Hi Marco,
Happy to do a review. And willl be happy to do scans of decals. Give me a day or so. Happy to help.

Rex
Offline kweekalot  
#5 Posted : 20 January 2013 14:32:10(UTC)
kweekalot

Netherlands   
Originally Posted by: ariete Go to Quoted Post
Happy to do a review. And willl be happy to do scans of decals. Give me a day or so. Happy to help.

Rex

Hi Rex,

That is great !! But take your time.
I'm looking forward to your review and decals. ThumpUp

In my yesterdays post here, I was talking about "another member", with whom I'm developing the Decal Bank.
That other member is "Fallerfreak".

Marco
Offline Frankenbahner  
#6 Posted : 20 January 2013 17:13:52(UTC)
Frankenbahner

Nuremberg has a real-life version of B-905, or at least a quite similar building:

UserPostedImage

It's located at "Plärrer", a square just outside of the southwestern edge of the old town. When completed in the mid-1950s, this one has been the tallest structure in Bavaria.

Regards,
Florian
H0 3-rail AC with DCC, MM and mfx, 2-rail DC streetcars, and N gauge
thanks 6 users liked this useful post by Frankenbahner
Offline petestra  
#7 Posted : 20 January 2013 17:26:42(UTC)
petestra

United States   
Thanks for that info Florian. I always thought that the building was the tower near the Gedächtniskirche
on the Ku-Dam in Berlin. It had the revolving Mercedes star on top back in the 60s.

Cheers,PeterThumpUp Smile
Offline Frankenbahner  
#8 Posted : 20 January 2013 17:54:05(UTC)
Frankenbahner

This style was common in the 1950s, so there are propably several quite similar buildings which look like B-905 in several cities. The question is, if Faller did an exact replica of a particular structure or just something more or less "universal". That's why I used the terms "version" and "similar" for the structure in Nuremberg.

The Nuremberg highrise building, so far, never had a revolving Mercedes star on its roof. Since it's construction, it has always been housing the local municipial utility company.

Regards,
Florian
H0 3-rail AC with DCC, MM and mfx, 2-rail DC streetcars, and N gauge
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Frankenbahner
Offline cookee_nz  
#9 Posted : 21 January 2013 00:27:50(UTC)
cookee_nz

New Zealand   
I too have a couple of those, but not MIB, both have been built and somewhat battered but if the worst cames to worst I should be able to get a semi-good one out of two.

But to change the subject and digress just a little with the talk of revolving signs, when the Dutch electronics company "Philips" had an office here in Wellington, it had a very large illuminated revolving blue/white "Philips" sign on the roof. It was reported at the time (late 60's) to be the largest revolving sign in the Southern Hemisphere. The sign was in the shape of the Philips "U" trademark of the time.

The building was not all that tall, and probably just as well because the notorious Wellington winds must have taken their toll on it over the years.
I don't know when the sign first went up or came down, I suspect put up in the early 60's and through to the early 70's perhaps. The building itself is still there, but significantly redeveloped.

My connection to the building and the company came about when around 1965/66, my parents (well my Dad most likely), got me a Philips "Electronic Engineer" kit. Now with me being a 'Christmas baby', they sometimes took the opportunity to combine my Birthday & Xmas present into one and I would sometimes get something combined which was more expensive than either gift would be by itself and this Philips kit is a good example and judging by the fact I still have it, probably one of my best-ever presents.

For those that don't know it (google it) they comprised a selection of electronic components, a hardboard sheet pre-drilled into which you overlaid a pre-punched circuit diagram which showed you which components went where. Small wire clips were pushed through from the underside, and then compression springs pushed over them to join and hold the component leads. There were around 20 different circuits, alarms, radios, electronic 8-note keyboard, morse-code, intercom, light-sensing kits and so on. And of course a pretty good manual which explained how each circuit worked. All very exciting stuff.

So I was about 9 or 10 years old I guess and despite my careful assembly, a kit that I built (a radio) would not work. So I thought nothing of simply putting it all in a bag, hopping on my bike and riding down to their building, up the lift to the engineering dept. Pure luck with that, I didn't know if they even had such a dept, all I knew was I had a product made by Philips, and I knew where the Philips office was, so I just rocked up. Ah the innocence of childhood.

Anyway, I got lucky, there was a service dept, and a couple of technical gentleman obviously looked kindly on my plight, took me into their workshop and promptly sat down to diagnose what was wrong with my kit. I think from memory I got a Transistor back to front or something, there were a couple of problems but they sorted it, gave me the replacement parts and away I went happy as a pig in muck.

So I'm making all kinds of reeeeeally dubious connections here.

1: We started with Faller 905 Kits, I have some too
2: Revolving signs came in
3: I remember Philips had a revolving sign here in Wellington where I live
4: I had to visit Philips because of an awesome childhood toy
5: That kit encouraged my early interest in electronics which became infused with my trains
6: Philips components surely feature in some Marklin devices?
7: Marco lives in the Netherlands, the home of Philips
8: Rex (ariete) has a Dutch (or semi-Dutch) surname if I recall correctly
9: Marklin have produced several 'Philips' branded wagons & coaches

See, not such a tenuous connection afterall LOL LOL LOL

I think if I do get to use my B-905, surely I shall have to put a Philips sign on the roof instead as I will likely never afford a Mercedes-Benz. Only problem is, I don't recall even seeing a Faller kit with a Philips decal included. Perhaps one will surface during the 'decal-bank' - there, another connection.

Edited by user 23 January 2013 20:53:47(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

cookee_nz attached the following image(s):
philipsee20.jpg
Philips HO [75 Jahre Philips] 4037a.jpg
Cookee
Wellington
NZ image
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by cookee_nz
Offline ariete  
#10 Posted : 22 January 2013 06:34:11(UTC)
ariete

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: ariete Go to Quoted Post

Rex

Hi Rex,

That is great !! But take your time.
I'm looking forward to your review and decals. ThumpUp

In my yesterdays post here, I was talking about "another member", with whom I'm developing the Decal Bank.
That other member is "Fallerfreak".

Marco

No problem, will oblige sometime this week, it's far too hot here in New Zealand at the moment, but in my parents in laws home town in Russia it's minus 35, crazy world.
Offline Mark5  
#11 Posted : 23 January 2013 20:06:09(UTC)
Mark5

Canada   
Whoa.... tangentially speaking... CookeeNZ does a great trace-back.... Minus 35 in Montreal.... did I hear someone say global warming??

Gorgeous Faller 905 you have there, Ariete.

I really wish Faller would manufacture some of these models again.
No doubt it would be successful with Era III modellers.

Wish you were building it... rather than keeping it unbuilt, in collection.
If you keep it in unassembled in the box, I have some white curators gloves I can send you. Wink
Marco might need a pair too...

Decal database is an excellent idea Marco.
And Cookee's idea about Philips logo would not be bad for modelling dutch layouts!
Funny how national identity and brand names go together...
I always used to prefer Philips electronic sound equipment and still have one here in my studio!

Pax!
Mark

Edited by user 19 May 2015 02:49:56(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DB DR FS NS SNCF c. 1950-65, fan of station architecture esp. from 1920-70.
In single point perspective, where do track lines meet?
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Mark5
Offline Fallerfreak  
#12 Posted : 23 January 2013 22:27:30(UTC)
Fallerfreak

Sweden   
This model also has some resemblance with Faller's own factory in Gutenbach....
And it also came in two different boxes in this version, and an older version in the 50's.

ThumpUp
Offline petestra  
#13 Posted : 24 January 2013 20:46:51(UTC)
petestra

United States   
This is a photo of the Europa Center building on the Ku-Damm in Berlin (former west). It still
has the revolving Mercedes star. PeterCool
petestra attached the following image(s):
europa center.jpg
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by petestra
Offline ariete  
#14 Posted : 26 January 2013 05:08:33(UTC)
ariete

New Zealand   
Yes I remember in the old films showing East Berlin this was lit up and revolving, very cool.
OK, as I had some time today I've taken a few photo's of the contents of the 905, as I said previously it was partly built and looks like two kits existed originally, it did have the wiring and the LEDs but no relay or motor were present in this kit. But it is what it is, photo's attached for your interest.
Marco my email is ariete@xtra.co.nz drop me a line and let me know who you want the scans of the kit done.
I can also do a couple of photo's of the instruction sheet if anyone in the formum is interested.
Cheers form a Sunny New Zealand
Rex
ariete attached the following image(s):
Faller905A.JPG
Faller905B.JPG
Faller905C.JPG
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by ariete
Offline Fallerfreak  
#15 Posted : 26 January 2013 08:27:25(UTC)
Fallerfreak

Sweden   
Hi
What I can see from the picture you miss the roof (s) and one ground floor...that's a pity!Confused
Offline steventrain  
#16 Posted : 26 January 2013 09:42:55(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Fallerfreak Go to Quoted Post
Hi
What I can see from the picture you miss the roof (s) and one ground floor...that's a pity!Confused

Yeah, That's pity!
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
Offline ariete  
#17 Posted : 26 January 2013 20:55:07(UTC)
ariete

New Zealand   
Yes a pity, but really I like the box cover, contents are nice but not really important to me.
Offline tee_breda  
#18 Posted : 20 June 2014 17:14:45(UTC)
tee_breda

Italy   
dear friends,
here it is! a combi version of the B905 Faller (2 kits, some evergreen sheets, airbrush, faller lamps and a roof from an AMS kit, with Preiser figures; ...and many hours of work)

I love the B905 kit and I hope they will repeat the production of it by using the same molds.

Have a look at the Hotel Venus

UserPostedImage
Hotel Venus

UserPostedImage
Hotel Venus front side

UserPostedImage
Hotel Venus corner

UserPostedImage
Hotel Venus, walls, while building

UserPostedImage
Hotel Venus lamps holder, movable from roof

UserPostedImage
Hotel Venus, roof, circular top restaurant area, covering the movable lamp holder

UserPostedImage
Hotel Venus ground floor, while building

UserPostedImage
Hotel Venus, ground floor, hall with figures and dining room with removable floor, to be able to change from time to time inner scenery

UserPostedImage
Hotel Venus, dining room, removable floor with area dedicated to orchestra

UserPostedImage
Hotel Venus, hall and window with marks
thanks 15 users liked this useful post by tee_breda
Offline Renato  
#19 Posted : 20 June 2014 17:49:27(UTC)
Renato

Italy   
Hi,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for the pictures.

Cheers

Renato
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Renato
Offline kweekalot  
#20 Posted : 20 June 2014 18:56:29(UTC)
kweekalot

Netherlands   
Hello tee-breda,

Welcome to the forum.
Your hotel Venus is very well done ! Woot ThumpUp
I see that you have also used the panorama glass and roof of Faller B-4914 (one of my favorite Faller kits).
Did you used unbuilt B-905 and B-4914 kits or have you taken apart some already built kits ??

Marco
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by kweekalot
Offline tee_breda  
#21 Posted : 20 June 2014 19:25:55(UTC)
tee_breda

Italy   
Hello tee-breda,

Welcome to the forum.
Your hotel Venus is very well done ! Woot ThumpUp
I see that you have also used the panorama glass and roof of Faller B-4914 (one of my favorite Faller kits).
Did you used unbuilt B-905 and B-4914 kits or have you taken apart some already built kits ??

Marco

hello Marco; I used unbuilt kits, but one of the two 905 was uncomplete, all bought by ebay. Also the swimming pool on the roof is made by Faller.
I like very much skyscrapers and modern buildings of the 50s, 60s, 70s; they have a clean style; I wonder why Faller has decided to stop their production; making again them, would be a cheap way to introduce some new items; also Kibri had some modern buildings, all very interesting.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by tee_breda
Offline kweekalot  
#22 Posted : 20 June 2014 20:09:39(UTC)
kweekalot

Netherlands   
Hi tee-breda,

I'm jealous, I'm looking for an early (1958) unbuilt B-905 kit for quite some time, but they are so frickin expensive.
I don't think that B-905 will ever make a comeback in the Faller program, nor as so many other great 1950-60s kits. Sad
As you probably already know, Faller released some new 'skyscrapers' in 2014 (you can see those in this video at 2:57:
)

BTW, do you have a first name that we can use or is it just tee-breda ?

Marco
Offline tee_breda  
#23 Posted : 20 June 2014 21:37:52(UTC)
tee_breda

Italy   
Hi tee-breda,

I'm jealous, I'm looking for an early (1958) unbuilt B-905 kit for quite some time, but they are so frickin expensive.
I don't think that B-905 will ever make a comeback in the Faller program, nor as so many other great 1950-60s kits. Sad
As you probably already know, Faller released some new 'skyscrapers' in 2014 (you can see those in this video at 2:57:
)

BTW, do you have a first name that we can use or is it just tee-breda ?

Marco

My name is Paolo. BigGrin
I saw those buildings, in eastern Germany style, but I think they are far from being interesting like 905, 926, 927, etc.
The only advantage is their modular conception, but they have no style and the surfaces are too simplified
Why Doesn't Faller repeat the 905, owing the molds?
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by tee_breda
Offline kweekalot  
#24 Posted : 20 June 2014 22:53:51(UTC)
kweekalot

Netherlands   
Originally Posted by: tee_breda Go to Quoted Post
I saw those buildings, in eastern Germany style, but I think they are far from being interesting like 905, 926, 927, etc.The only advantage is their modular conception, but they have no style and the surfaces are too simplified
I agree Paolo, I don't like those new buildings either. Bored (far too modern for my liking).

That's a very good question that we probably never get answered.
B-905 was in the Faller program since 1957 till the nineties, maybe those 35 years were more than enough for Faller.

When I look at the pictures of your hotel Venus project, you seem very talented.
I'm now wondering if you made more of such (Faller) models ??

In the old Faller magazins no kit is so often used for kitbashing as B-905, see for instance the picture out of Faller Magazin 12 - August 1959.

Did you made the Venus hotel after your own building plan or did you had some kind of example or kitbashing instructions ??

Marco

UserPostedImage
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by kweekalot
Offline petestra  
#25 Posted : 20 June 2014 22:55:35(UTC)
petestra

United States   
Hi Paolo, super building! Welcome to the forum too. I would just love to have the

Hotel Venus on my current layout. Bravissimo! Peter Cool ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp

ps - I would love to be having lunch in the roof restaurant.
Offline tee_breda  
#26 Posted : 21 June 2014 09:38:16(UTC)
tee_breda

Italy   
Originally Posted by: petestra Go to Quoted Post
Hi Paolo, super building! Welcome to the forum too. I would just love to have the

Hotel Venus on my current layout. Bravissimo! Peter Cool ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp

ps - I would love to be having lunch in the roof restaurant.

Thank you Peter, I'll post some more pics describing the building phases; just a few time and I'll do that.

Offline tee_breda  
#27 Posted : 21 June 2014 09:55:40(UTC)
tee_breda

Italy   
I saw those buildings, in eastern Germany style, but I think they are far from being interesting like 905, 926, 927, etc.The only advantage is their modular conception, but they have no style and the surfaces are too simplified
I agree Paolo, I don't like those new buildings either. Bored (far too modern for my liking).

That's a very good question that we probably never get answered.
B-905 was in the Faller program since 1957 till the nineties, maybe those 35 years were more than enough for Faller.

When I look at the pictures of your hotel Venus project, you seem very talented.
I'm now wondering if you made more of such (Faller) models ??

In the old Faller magazins no kit is so often used for kitbashing as B-905, see for instance the picture out of Faller Magazin 12 - August 1959.

Did you made the Venus hotel after your own building plan or did you had some kind of example or kitbashing instructions ??

Marco

UserPostedImage

A wonderful picture, ancient and modern buildings together! I think Faller should return back to those kits, instead of drawing glass wall buildings, for instance. Current technologies allow to enhance those models, so it would be something convenient for Faller to make something derived from B905, 926, 927, etc.; They could change colors, some ground floor dimensions and a few things more.

As regard to my Hotel I had no example, I wanted an irregular shape to mix some curbed areas without destroying the original Faller parts; so I drew on a paper sheet a perimetral shape exactly matching with Faller available parts from two boxes. I had to make by myself some parts by using evergreen sheets and some inner reinforcements like pillars of a real building; among them the lamps holder, original by Faller, but fitted with microlamps. I also increased the height of the ground floor.
Yes I made some other things, for instance anothe skyscraper by using Heljan kits.
Paolo

Offline kweekalot  
#28 Posted : 21 June 2014 12:08:47(UTC)
kweekalot

Netherlands   
Hi Paolo,
You're so right ! ThumpUp
Hundreds of Faller devotees feel that Faller should bring some classic old kits back in the program.
They have done so in 2006 with the kits B-4907 (the BP Grandstand) and B-4904 (the Continetal tower) for the Faller Go-Karts but only for a very short time.

Your hotel Venus is one of the best kitbashing buildings I have ever seen.

You should post some pictures on the Facebook page of the Faller company (LINK), you would surely get many replies and likes.

Keep up the good work !!

Marco
Offline kweekalot  
#29 Posted : 21 June 2014 12:53:07(UTC)
kweekalot

Netherlands   
Hi Paolo,

It would be great if you scan the B-905 decals and share them in the Faller decal bank of the forum, see here: LINK

Marco
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by kweekalot
Offline petestra  
#30 Posted : 21 June 2014 13:40:55(UTC)
petestra

United States   
Wouldn't it be super if Faller made the B-905 again? Peter.ThumpUp Smile
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by petestra
Offline tee_breda  
#31 Posted : 21 June 2014 23:49:15(UTC)
tee_breda

Italy   
Hi Paolo,

It would be great if you scan the B-905 decals and share them in the Faller decal bank of the forum, see here: LINK

Marco

I'll do my best to scan those decals, but I think I'll be able to do that only in two-three months: in fact at present time all kits are in large cardboard boxes for moving house, cause I'm restructuring home, and the kits are not available to be open.

In the meantime I'll give you some pics while building the Hotel with light tests and one with the swimming pool (Faller).

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
thanks 5 users liked this useful post by tee_breda
Offline tee_breda  
#32 Posted : 21 June 2014 23:59:20(UTC)
tee_breda

Italy   
out of topic, a Heljan skyscraper, made by using three kits; it is 60 cm tall.

UserPostedImage

Hotel Solitude
thanks 5 users liked this useful post by tee_breda
Offline GlennM  
#33 Posted : 22 June 2014 00:36:52(UTC)
GlennM

United Kingdom   
out of topic, a Heljan skyscraper, made by using three kits; it is 60 cm tall.

UserPostedImage

Hotel Solitude

Paolo,

I think this is a terrific kit bashed structure, well done.

Best Regards

Glenn
Don't look back, your not heading that way.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by GlennM
Offline kweekalot  
#34 Posted : 22 June 2014 10:27:45(UTC)
kweekalot

Netherlands   
Hi Paolo,

The new photo's of Hotel Venus are FANTASTIC !
I love the swimming pool and all the lovely details. ThumpUp

If the Faller brothers were still alive and saw your hotel, they would not have kept it dry.
Seriously, you should send photos to Faller for their wall of fame.

Did you consider mounting the special B-215 motor in the roof of the restaurant so you can spin a company sign on top of it ?

Marco
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by kweekalot
Offline tee_breda  
#35 Posted : 22 June 2014 18:43:10(UTC)
tee_breda

Italy   
Hi Paolo,

The new photo's of Hotel Venus are FANTASTIC !
I love the swimming pool and all the lovely details. ThumpUp

If the Faller brothers were still alive and saw your hotel, they would not have kept it dry.
Seriously, you should send photos to Faller for their wall of fame.

Did you consider mounting the special B-215 motor in the roof of the restaurant so you can spin a company sign on top of it ?

Marco

BigGrin is there a wall of fame?

If you like to see step by step all the building phases, I'll post them, day by day.

I would like to add to my Hotel Venus some weathering on the roof (rust or smog) and, may be the rotating system with a company sign; but that is not so sure, cause the motor would need space.
From October I think I'll be able to restart again my hobby, after the renovation of my house.
Offline kweekalot  
#36 Posted : 22 June 2014 21:16:09(UTC)
kweekalot

Netherlands   
Hi Paolo,

Yes, I would love to see more photo's of the building phases.

And no, the motor hardly need any space.

For the B-215 kit Faller used a special 1 cm flat motor, which is elegantly hidden in the roof and is not visible, see my pictures and video.
Although this motor is from the early 60s, it is still regularly offered on (German) ebay.

Marco

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

thanks 5 users liked this useful post by kweekalot
Offline tee_breda  
#37 Posted : 22 June 2014 22:00:46(UTC)
tee_breda

Italy   
Hi Paolo,

Yes, I would love to see more photo's of the building phases.

And no, the motor hardly need any space.

For the B-215 kit Faller used a special 1 cm flat motor, which is elegantly hidden in the roof and is not visible, see my pictures and video.
Although this motor is from the early 60s, it is still regularly offered on (German) ebay.

Marco

Hi Marco,
very interesting the b215 motor;
I will post more pics about building phases; very nice that cafè.
Offline tee_breda  
#38 Posted : 22 June 2014 22:34:46(UTC)
tee_breda

Italy   
a description of my first exercise in building a modified skycraper is at the link:

http://www.tycoforums.com/tyco/...ork_central/solitude.pdf

Hotel Solitude

three Heljan kits

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by tee_breda
Offline petestra  
#39 Posted : 22 June 2014 23:35:48(UTC)
petestra

United States   
Hi guys, I just ordered the Heljan 1713 Grand Hotel on the Lokshop website. It shows

"not in Stock" so I checked the Heljan site and it is also not available. I hope they did

not discontinue it? Peter Unsure?
Offline kweekalot  
#40 Posted : 23 June 2014 12:18:53(UTC)
kweekalot

Netherlands   
Hi Paolo,
So I guess that the renovation of your house is the reason that your layout is covered with plastic sheets (as we can see on on the photos). Smile
Looking at Hotel Venus and Solitude, your layout must be very promising !

Hotel Solitute is really something special too.
For me Hotel Venus is a 6 star hotel and Solitude 5 stars, but that's more because I'm a Faller devotee. Smile
(BTW, in 1964 Faller released their Faller AMS '4007' starter set 'Solitude').

Thanks for the link to the TYCO forum.
I thought I knew all German and English spoken mrr and slot forums by now, but not..... ThumpUp

Marco
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by kweekalot
Offline tee_breda  
#41 Posted : 23 June 2014 18:59:01(UTC)
tee_breda

Italy   
Hi Paolo,
So I guess that the renovation of your house is the reason that your layout is covered with plastic sheets (as we can see on on the photos). Smile
Looking at Hotel Venus and Solitude, your layout must be very promising !

Hotel Solitute is really something special too.
For me Hotel Venus is a 6 star hotel and Solitude 5 stars, but that's more because I'm a Faller devotee. Smile
(BTW, in 1964 Faller released their Faller AMS '4007' starter set 'Solitude').

Thanks for the link to the TYCO forum.
I thought I knew all German and English spoken mrr and slot forums by now, but not..... ThumpUp

Marco

Thank you Marco, of course The Heljan kit is not as interesting as the Faller one; that has been an exercise to demonstrate how we can modify and improve the kits; in itself the Heljan kit has less possibilities of varying the shape, unless you use wide surfaces of selfmade walls; on the contrary I wanted only to study the use of Heljan parts, cutting them, but without producing many parts, it was a challenge "against the kits".
On my report (at the link Tyco) you can see how the parts were simply cut (by Proxxon) and then assembled without wasting any thing.
I only added some finishing parts on the corners and the top of the building.
BTW Solitude is a real Hotel name I like very much located in Lourdes, France and an appropriate interpretation of my mood.

Your interpretation of Solitude is the following:

UserPostedImage
Offline tee_breda  
#42 Posted : 23 June 2014 19:53:21(UTC)
tee_breda

Italy   
Originally Posted by: petestra Go to Quoted Post
Hi guys, I just ordered the Heljan 1713 Grand Hotel on the Lokshop website. It shows

"not in Stock" so I checked the Heljan site and it is also not available. I hope they did

not discontinue it? Peter Unsure?

Dear Peter,
that kit is from time to time unavailable, but don't worry; they generally release the kit after a certain period of time.
I think you should try to find it, if "in a hurry", on ebay.de or DK.
Offline petestra  
#43 Posted : 23 June 2014 20:38:06(UTC)
petestra

United States   
Thanks, Paolo. I placed it on order with Lokshop. I have ordered other things from them

too so there's no hurry. Thanks so much for the info. Cheers,Peter ThumpUp Smile
Offline kweekalot  
#44 Posted : 25 June 2014 17:50:40(UTC)
kweekalot

Netherlands   
Hi Paolo,

Unfortunately I don't have the Faller AMS 4007 solitude starterset, but I do have the Faller AMS 4000 and 4001 sets in mint condition.

I hope we get to see more of your models and layout in the future.
I saw in your profile here on the forum that you have an airport on your layout, I would love to see that.

Marco
Offline tee_breda  
#45 Posted : 25 June 2014 23:32:10(UTC)
tee_breda

Italy   
Hi Paolo,

Unfortunately I don't have the Faller AMS 4007 solitude starterset, but I do have the Faller AMS 4000 and 4001 sets in mint condition.

I hope we get to see more of your models and layout in the future.
I saw in your profile here on the forum that you have an airport on your layout, I would love to see that.

Marco

I'll do my best to show what I'm going to create........, just a little time.

Bye Paolo
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by tee_breda
Offline tee_breda  
#46 Posted : 05 July 2014 19:00:11(UTC)
tee_breda

Italy   
airport: small airport building, under construction; the kit was originally a Faller military airport.
figures inside the building, and on the roof.

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Edited by user 06 July 2014 10:56:58(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline kweekalot  
#47 Posted : 06 July 2014 11:25:49(UTC)
kweekalot

Netherlands   
Hi Paolo,

Wow !! Very nice and impressive, your airport building and layout is really something.
You're just too talented.
I see that you're a 2 rail DC guy, but no worries, all brands and systems are welcome here.

I think it would be great if you start your own topic in 'me and my layout', I guess many of us want to see more of your work and layout.

Marco
Offline tee_breda  
#48 Posted : 07 July 2014 18:10:25(UTC)
tee_breda

Italy   
Hi Paolo,

Wow !! Very nice and impressive, your airport building and layout is really something.
You're just too talented.
I see that you're a 2 rail DC guy, but no worries, all brands and systems are welcome here.

I think it would be great if you start your own topic in 'me and my layout', I guess many of us want to see more of your work and layout.

Marco

Dear Marco, I'll do that as soon as possible in autumn when (I HOPE!!!!!!!) my works at home will be finished.

In the meantime I can imagine what I could do by using two kits: a B905 and an airport both by Faller; an airport building in 70s style. I must calculate very cautiously how could I use the different parts to get an armony between them.
Any suggestion by drawings?

Offline kweekalot  
#49 Posted : 07 July 2014 20:24:32(UTC)
kweekalot

Netherlands   

Not really, I have NO talent at all for kitbashing.
But in all the 98 issues of Faller Modellbau Magazin (which were published from 1957 to 1974) are hundreds examples and drawings for kitbashing, but of course not all B-905.

Marco
Offline tee_breda  
#50 Posted : 08 July 2014 19:47:24(UTC)
tee_breda

Italy   

Not really, I have NO talent at all for kitbashing.
But in all the 98 issues of Faller Modellbau Magazin (which were published from 1957 to 1974) are hundreds examples and drawings for kitbashing, but of course not all B-905.

Marco

where could i find them to read?