Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline muddmover  
#1 Posted : 05 November 2012 21:56:06(UTC)
muddmover

United States   
Hi. Im relatively new to digital locomotives. I have a marklin central station 60215. I bought the mobile station app, and used it without a hitch. I recently bought the main station app, but it wont work Cursing
I can still connect with and use the mobile station app, but when i open the main station app, it just gives me the demo screen, and it wont connect to the central station. I have the latest version of the cs2 firmware, 1.6.4 What am i doing wrong?
Please help, thank you.
Offline JohnjeanB  
#2 Posted : 05 November 2012 22:14:27(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Originally Posted by: muddmover Go to Quoted Post
Hi. Im relatively new to digital locomotives. I have a marklin central station 60215. I bought the mobile station app, and used it without a hitch. I recently bought the main station app, but it wont work Cursing
I can still connect with and use the mobile station app, but when i open the main station app, it just gives me the demo screen, and it wont connect to the central station. I have the latest version of the cs2 firmware, 6.4.2 What am i doing wrong?
Please help, thank you.

Hello Muddmover
I use both apps. They are working nicely on one iPhone (Mobile St.) + one iPad (Main St.).
I noticed that on my iPad, if I start mobile station app, and then the main station app, it does not work: I need to kill the other apps before:
- press the button for a couple of seconds until the running apps are displayed at the bottom of the screen
- push on any of the apps until an "x" sign is displayed in front of each app
- select the main or mobile station
Note: this process does not remove the application software but simply stop its execution (you can restart it anytime)

May be you have the same problem: trying to run both apps on your iPad?

I noticed some problems with IOS6 so unless you really need it I would not recommend the upgrade (WLAN problems)
Voilà voilà as they say in my country
Cheers
Jean
Offline muddmover  
#3 Posted : 05 November 2012 22:20:13(UTC)
muddmover

United States   
Alright, so I tried what you said. I cant tell if it works, because now, when i start the app, it shuts down about three seconds later. I tried reinstalling the app, and rebooting the ipad, Do you have any suggestions?
thanks,
muddmover
Offline Fredrik  
#4 Posted : 06 November 2012 14:09:50(UTC)
Fredrik

Sweden   
Hello,

if I'm not quite wrong, I donn't think the CS App works with SW version 1.6.4 of the CS2...

Latest version is 2.0.1 and that's the version you should use...

Either connect your CS2 and hit update - or download the USB update here.
Fredrik.
*ECoS 2 + ECoSDetector + SwitchPilot + ECoSTerminal; *Z21 + Loconet + Digikeijs + MGP; **CS3+ + CdB (** coming soon...)
WWW: MJ-fjärren
Offline vilithejou  
#5 Posted : 06 November 2012 16:15:43(UTC)
vilithejou

Originally Posted by: Fredrik Go to Quoted Post
Hello,

if I'm not quite wrong, I donn't think the CS App works with SW version 1.6.4 of the CS2...

Latest version is 2.0.1 and that's the version you should use...

Either connect your CS2 and hit update - or download the USB update here.

The only thing that you have to do is update the central to 2.X version
Don't do it with USB directly to the central, with USB never update to the latest version
Then put on the central and put on you app phone and it will be work
Joan Vilarrúbia
vilithejou@yahoo.es
Fan of Märklín, Kroko lover
Offline et1  
#6 Posted : 06 November 2012 21:50:42(UTC)
et1

United States   
Hi muddmover,

Fredrik is right, the latest SW version is 2.0.1 (0). It is probably best to update it directly through your network as there have been some changes made since the last USB stick update.

Aloha,

Elliott
Elliott
CS2 4.1.2 (3), CS 2.04, 6021, 3x 60174 Boosters, L88, 2x 60881, 13x 6088(0) ,Windigipet 2015 Premium, Marklin K-track layout (in progress)
Offline DigitalNZ  
#7 Posted : 07 November 2012 20:25:27(UTC)
DigitalNZ

New Zealand   
Hi Muddmover,

Make sure your IP addresses in the CS2 is set correctly, if your Mobile Station device address is e.g. 192.168.1.5 and this is set in the CS2, and the Main Station device is e.g. 192.168.1.10 it will not work as the CS2 can't talk to it.

I don't know if you've tried this, but if you set it to an address ending in .255 (e.g. 192.168.1.255) if should/will be sent to all devices on the network. I originally had my iPad on a manual address and had set this into the CS2. When I used the .255 broadcast address in the CS2 it connected every time and it was much faster, however I haven't tried using additional devices. (Theoretically it should work...)

Daniell
Offline charles Sharpe  
#8 Posted : 08 November 2012 07:38:01(UTC)
charles Sharpe

I have just down loaded the app and I have seen mistakes.

1 Page 12 is missing.
2 Page 15 is not the turntable page as it is on the cs.
3 On the key board pages you have 16 spaces to allocate you accessories. So on page 7 on the app why are the 2 top right ones something like no 45.

Charles.
CHARLES SHARPE
Offline charles Sharpe  
#9 Posted : 09 November 2012 16:22:47(UTC)
charles Sharpe

Please can I confirm the the i p address on the I pad when it is the train room must be the same as the CS.

Charles.
CHARLES SHARPE
Offline DigitalNZ  
#10 Posted : 09 November 2012 19:47:38(UTC)
DigitalNZ

New Zealand   
Hi Charles,

Each device must have its own unique IP address. There is a tab in the CS 2 settings, ( I think it's called CAN Gateway or similar) where you set the iOS device address or the .255 broadcast address.

Are you using a seperate router for your trains or the same one as your computers? To establish if your network and CS 2 are talking;
(Where xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx represents your IP address, eg 192.168.1.10)

Same network:
On a windows PC- open Command Prompt and type PING xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
On a OS X Mac - open Terminal and type PING xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

Whether you use the same or seperate router there is a free app from the iOS App Store called Fing. It will show you all devices on your WIFI networks and their IP addresses. This lets you confirm that everything is connecting properly, and see if any unauthorized person is or has recently been connecting to your WIFI!

Daniell
Offline charles Sharpe  
#11 Posted : 09 November 2012 21:33:06(UTC)
charles Sharpe

Hello Daniell.

I sorry to be so thick about this but it is not made of wood ha ha. There is a lot I do not under stand. First of all The router I have in the studio/train room 180 feet from house is just for the ipad use and the CS 2. I have just had a look at you tube and they say what ever the i p address is on the i pad then it needs to be the same on the cs 2. Know the rest of your message you have lost me. Also I am unable to find the app you called fing it keeps saying do you mean find. Could you send me a PM with simple instructions for some one brain dead.

Many thanks for all your help.

Charles.
CHARLES SHARPE
Offline muddmover  
#12 Posted : 09 November 2012 21:53:47(UTC)
muddmover

United States   
Alright. So tried every thing everyone on this thread posted, and nothing works. When I start the app, it just shuts down, no matter how many times I start it up. I have updated the CS2 to the newest version. What now? I don't want to have wasted the money on an app that doesn't work.
Thanks a lot,
-Jonas
Offline Webmaster  
#13 Posted : 09 November 2012 21:54:52(UTC)
Webmaster

You have to set the "Can gateway" address in CS2 to the broadcast address of your network to make everything work automatically....

Like if you use the IP range 192.168.0.xxx, the CS2 "Can gateway" should be set to 192.168.0.255. (x.x.x.255 being the broadcast address)
All iThingies with M apps are automatically detected/connected then...
No special network connection config needed in the IThingies apps - as long as they are in the same IP address range...
Juhan - "Webmaster", at your service...
He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. He who does not ask a question remains a fool forever. [Old Chinese Proverb]
Offline DigitalNZ  
#14 Posted : 09 November 2012 22:06:44(UTC)
DigitalNZ

New Zealand   
Here's the screenshots from my setup:
It sometimes takes a few moments for the iPad and the CS 2 to start talking to each other.

Offline Webmaster  
#15 Posted : 09 November 2012 22:13:02(UTC)
Webmaster

Jonas, do not despair - if it is an issue with IOS 6 vs the app, M will have to do an update really soon...

Had a big problem since the "Dilbert" app did not work ok with IOS 6, but that is now fixed with an app update... Need my daily Dilbert so I know I'm not alone in the mess... Smile
He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. He who does not ask a question remains a fool forever. [Old Chinese Proverb]
Offline muddmover  
#16 Posted : 09 November 2012 22:20:23(UTC)
muddmover

United States   
Originally Posted by: Webmaster Go to Quoted Post
Jonas, do not despair - if it is an issue with IOS 6 vs the app, M will have to do an update really soon...

Had a big problem since the "Dilbert" app did not work ok with IOS 6, but that is now fixed with an app update... Need my daily Dilbert so I know I'm not alone in the mess... Smile

Unfortunately, I am working with a first gen iPad, so iOS 4. Can't blame apple there.
Thanks though,
-Jonas
Offline muddmover  
#17 Posted : 09 November 2012 22:22:39(UTC)
muddmover

United States   
Originally Posted by: DigitalNZ Go to Quoted Post
Here's the screenshots from my setup:
It sometimes takes a few moments for the iPad and the CS 2 to start talking to each other.

Thanks! By the way, how to you take a screen shot in CS2
Offline DigitalNZ  
#18 Posted : 09 November 2012 22:27:09(UTC)
DigitalNZ

New Zealand   
Hi Mudmover,

You can take screenshots by opening the CS2's IP address in a web browser. There is an option screenshot option along the top of the page.

Daniell
Offline Webmaster  
#19 Posted : 09 November 2012 22:38:17(UTC)
Webmaster

They (Märklin) claim that it should work with IOS 4 & higher, so you should be ok... But I am not sure, since my iPod gen 1 (w IOS 4) won't run any M apps, just TouchCab...

That is however more likely to be a hardware issue, since the iPod gen 1 is not a speed marvel....

Have an iPad 2 & iPod gen 4 for the M apps... Haven't tried them with IOS 6 yet, though...
Offline DigitalNZ  
#20 Posted : 09 November 2012 22:41:52(UTC)
DigitalNZ

New Zealand   
I'm running iOS 6 on an iPad 2 and I haven't experienced any problems with my Märklin apps.

I've occasionally had to reopen it but I've had that with many apps even back on iOS 4 and 5.

Daniell
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#21 Posted : 09 November 2012 22:58:51(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Have an iPad 2 & iPod gen 4 for the M apps... Haven't tried them with IOS 6 yet, though...

The Mobile Station app works fine on my iPod gen 4 with IOS 6.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline muddmover  
#22 Posted : 09 November 2012 23:07:21(UTC)
muddmover

United States   
Alright. So here are some screen shots showing my CS2 settings:

Here are the network settings from the iPad:

Here is some stuff on the main station app. As you can see, the app does not connect to the CS2, but it clearly recognizes it, as can be seen in the second picture, as it has the option to delete al the content on the CS2:

Thanks,
-Jonas
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by muddmover
Offline DigitalNZ  
#23 Posted : 09 November 2012 23:18:55(UTC)
DigitalNZ

New Zealand   
Try force quitting out of the Main Station app. - double click the home key, hold the icon until you see the red close button and close it. Then try opening it again. Sometimes it may take a minute or so to find the CS 2. Just tried it now and mine did. You could try pressing the change CS2 button.
Offline muddmover  
#24 Posted : 10 November 2012 01:07:46(UTC)
muddmover

United States   
Try force quitting out of the Main Station app. - double click the home key, hold the icon until you see the red close button and close it. Then try opening it again. Sometimes it may take a minute or so to find the CS 2. Just tried it now and mine did. You could try pressing the change CS2 button.

Hmmm..... i've tried that before, and it doesn't work. I just start the app up, and it crashes just like usual.
Offline charles Sharpe  
#25 Posted : 10 November 2012 16:36:31(UTC)
charles Sharpe

Unfortunately, I am working with a first gen iPad, so iOS 4. Can't blame apple there.
Thanks though,
-Jonas

I am also working with the first generation pad.

Charles.
CHARLES SHARPE
Offline muddmover  
#26 Posted : 10 November 2012 20:14:20(UTC)
muddmover

United States   
Ah well, maybe its a problem with the iPad. Im getting a new one today (still a first gen) but maybe it will make a difference.
Thanks for all the help everyone, I'll keep you posted,
-Jonas
Offline Webmaster  
#27 Posted : 10 November 2012 20:38:00(UTC)
Webmaster

What if you do a manual IP address setup on the CS2?

Like eg 10.0.1.215 as the IP address... Using a DHCP address for the CS2 could maybe confuse the iThingies...

Just a stupid thought...
Offline DigitalNZ  
#28 Posted : 10 November 2012 20:49:46(UTC)
DigitalNZ

New Zealand   
A manual IP address is definitely not a stupid thought...

I've used both but the manual seems more reliable and better if you wish to ping it!

I'll try to find someone with an iPad 1 that I could test out myself.

Daniell
Offline muddmover  
#29 Posted : 10 November 2012 21:23:10(UTC)
muddmover

United States   
Just a tip to everybody, do NOT upgrade to iOS6. I did so and my brand new iPod touch 32gb 4gen is now ruined because of it.
Hope it helps,
-Jonas
Offline muddmover  
#30 Posted : 10 November 2012 21:29:02(UTC)
muddmover

United States   
Hmmmm... So I got the new iPad, but the Amin station continues to crash, refuse to connect, and all. However, the mobile station app continues to work just fine. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
-Jonas
Offline Webmaster  
#31 Posted : 10 November 2012 21:39:05(UTC)
Webmaster

A manual IP address is definitely not a stupid thought...

I've used both but the manual seems more reliable and better if you wish to ping it!

I have a basic principle at home... Fixed IP:s for stuff that is connected to the LAN, like server, CS1, CS2, desktop computers and other things that may need to be remotely controlled.
DHCP only for wireless clients like iThingies, laptops, phones and such...
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#32 Posted : 10 November 2012 21:39:23(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Just a tip to everybody, do NOT upgrade to iOS6. I did so and my brand new iPod touch 32gb 4gen is now ruined because of it.

And yet, my iPod touch 8Gb 4th Gen is fine with IOS 6.
Offline Webmaster  
#33 Posted : 10 November 2012 21:45:08(UTC)
Webmaster

Ruined in what way? My 4gen works ok, after about 20 app updates that have come the last 2 weeks... As I mentioned earlier, even the crucial Dilbert app now works...Wink

Offline muddmover  
#34 Posted : 10 November 2012 23:00:39(UTC)
muddmover

United States   

Ruined in what way? My 4gen works ok, after about 20 app updates that have come the last 2 weeks... As I mentioned earlier, even the crucial Dilbert app now works...Wink

It won't start, it crashes when it does. It refuses to restore, and this only started to happen after it got upgraded to iOS 6 (accidentally).
Offline muddmover  
#35 Posted : 10 November 2012 23:12:31(UTC)
muddmover

United States   
Can anyone help me with the app? I can send you the iPad spec's and all, if that helps. The mobile station app continues to work just fine, but th main station just crashes every time, after about five seconds.
Thanks,
-Jonas
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#36 Posted : 11 November 2012 03:38:49(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Probably best to contact the developer of the main station app (i.e. Marklin) for that sort of help.
Offline DigitalNZ  
#37 Posted : 11 November 2012 05:37:59(UTC)
DigitalNZ

New Zealand   
Another idea I can think of is to turn the iPad completely off and restart it, that's usually my first computer troubleshooting tip! If you have no luck with that then remove the Main Station app, restart the iPad and reinstall it...

Also I've found it pays to restart the CS 2 after making any changes to the IP settings.

Daniell

P.S. - Just like Webmaster, I also do the same thing with manual IP addresses at home. It makes using VNC and Remote Desktop so much easier!
Offline muddmover  
#38 Posted : 11 November 2012 16:46:51(UTC)
muddmover

United States   
Here's something I'm finding interesting. When I'm not on the same network as the CS2, the app works just fine in demo mode, but when it's with the cs2, that's when it starts to crash.
Offline DigitalNZ  
#39 Posted : 11 November 2012 19:13:03(UTC)
DigitalNZ

New Zealand   
That's interesting to note...

If that's what's happening does it still crash if its set to Flight Mode?

I had a similar experience with the New Zealand Herald app on my iPad. We had a school trip to Wellington by train and usually if it can't connect to the Internet it defaults to offline mode. It was not connected to any WIFI network at the time, however it did have a Austrailian SIM card from a trip to Melbourne. (It had 3GB included for AU$30 that could only work in Austrailia... I wasn't going to pay $0.1/MB to use it at home). It crashed on opening every time until I got connected to my wifi network at home.

Is your iPad a 3G model? If so does it make any difference removing the SIM card?
Offline Webmaster  
#40 Posted : 11 November 2012 19:33:06(UTC)
Webmaster

You can of course surf the Internet and such with the iPad via your home network, right?...

Sorry for that stupid question, just want to make sure we have home network connectivity...
If it's an iPad with phone network access too, turn that feature off in the settings... Bluetooth too...
The App may be confused if there are more than one connectivity option available to use for connection...

I know these are obvious things, but I have to ask...
Offline muddmover  
#41 Posted : 12 November 2012 17:16:32(UTC)
muddmover

United States   
Nope. It's just a wifi. Just so you guys know, I don't actually own the trains or anything, I go to a friends to work on the trains, so if it takes me. While to reply about something, it's probably because I'm only at his house some of the time. Also, I'm only 11, so I have school to fit in as well.nthanks for all your help, and I'll try that this afternoon.
Thanks,
-Jonas
Offline muddmover  
#42 Posted : 12 November 2012 22:32:13(UTC)
muddmover

United States   
So I tried what you'll said, and nothing works. the main station app continues to crash. Could it possibly be a problem with it just not being compatible (The iPad 1)? Also, do any of you guys know somewhere where i can go to learn how enable display mirroring on my first generation ipad? know its possible, but most of the guides are pretty complex.
Thanks,
-Jonas
Offline DigitalNZ  
#43 Posted : 12 November 2012 22:39:36(UTC)
DigitalNZ

New Zealand   
Officially display mirroring on the iPad 1 is not supported, it only enables playing of videos on an external screen.

You'd have to jailbreak your iPad which I wouldn't recommend doing for the fact that it is more likely to create more problems than it solved...

If I can find a friend with an iPad 1 I will test it myself.

Daniell
Offline DigitalNZ  
#44 Posted : 12 November 2012 22:46:03(UTC)
DigitalNZ

New Zealand   
Nope. It's just a wifi.

Are you sure about that?

I noticed the iPad screenshots that you posted showed AT&T in the menu bar... That indicates to me that you must have the 3G model or was that the another iPad?

Mine showed either Voda NZ or Telecom NZ, (it changes because I have a Telstra SIM card from Austrailia) If there is no SIM in the 3G model it will say No SIM in the top bar, if its a WIFI only model it shouldn't show anything...

Daniell

Offline muddmover  
#45 Posted : 12 November 2012 22:46:22(UTC)
muddmover

United States   
Officially display mirroring on the iPad 1 is not supported, it only enables playing of videos on an external screen.

You'd have to jailbreak your iPad which I wouldn't recommend doing for the fact that it is more likely to create more problems than it solved...

If I can find a friend with an iPad 1 I will test it myself.

Daniell

Thanks a lot Daniell,
-Jonas
Offline muddmover  
#46 Posted : 13 November 2012 00:18:53(UTC)
muddmover

United States   
Can anyone tell me for certain that if i were to buy an iPad 2, the main station app would work for 100% ceratin?
Offline Webmaster  
#47 Posted : 13 November 2012 00:38:53(UTC)
Webmaster

It works ok on my iPad2...

But wait a little before deciding to buy one...

I've asked one of my colleagues for a favor - he should download & install the iPad Main Station app to his iPad 1 (I'll have to pay for it, of course) and lend me his pad overnight so I can test it on my setup.

Do not give up until the iPad 1 track is exhausted... Wink
Offline muddmover  
#48 Posted : 13 November 2012 02:09:13(UTC)
muddmover

United States   
Alright. Thanks everyone for helping.
-Jonas
Offline Webmaster  
#49 Posted : 13 November 2012 17:04:06(UTC)
Webmaster

Well, seems like my colleague runs his iPad 1 with iOS 5.1.1 so maybe that can be an option...

To upgrade the iPad to the iOS 5.1.1, I mean... My colleage says that is the highest you can go with iPad 1.

Just make sure to sync all apps & run a backup (in iTunes), since the upgrade is a "Clean install" and you have to sync the apps back onto it.

Also means I can't test with iOS 4...
Offline muddmover  
#50 Posted : 16 November 2012 22:25:06(UTC)
muddmover

United States   
So im now running iOS 5.1.1, and still no luck. Have any of you had any succes with an iPad 1? I'm kinda at a standstill with the trains. We need to know what to do, so we can make some larg decisions on what we are going to do.
Thanks for the help,
-Jonas