Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline 5HorizonsRR  
#1 Posted : 09 August 2012 20:09:31(UTC)
5HorizonsRR

United States   
Hi everybody,

I wanted to learn a bit more about a cool little locomotive I have. It is a TK 800 tank loco, which is modern production of what looks like a 3031/3032 steamer, and comes in a tin box/packaging with some sort of German Nurngurg fair inscription on the lid. Does anyone know the story about these? Any whether they were sold to the public, or some sort of special gift to dealers?

It doesn't fit my collection at all, so Im debating selling it, but then again if it is something really special I may hang on to it. I just know nothing about it

Thanks!
SBB Era 2-5
Offline Markus Schild  
#2 Posted : 09 August 2012 21:34:40(UTC)
Markus Schild

Germany   
Hi,

The 3031 with the inscription "TK 800" was given to dealers visiting the toy fair Nuremberg in 2001. It was not official sold to the public, but many dealers sold their gift.
I'm sure that Märklin historical never planned to name that loco "TK", even the 3031 was introduced in 1959, just two years after the introducing of the four-digit numbering-system. The letters "TK" were reserved for big tender-locos like the 4-6-4 (2' C 2') 0 and 1- gauge locos which were based on the largest steamer "HR". So the name is just a publicity stunt of the 21st century.

Regards

Markus