Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Lollo  
#1 Posted : 27 June 2012 13:14:25(UTC)
Lollo

New Zealand   
Hi all,

Our club has a CS1 Ver 2.04 Everything runs fine, except for some reason, one of our loks with a 6090 decoder only responds on the programming track. When put on the main track, no response. I have tested the lok on my layout at home and it runs fine on my layout using MS1.
We can see no conflict with addresses, in fact we even did a factory reset on the CS1, and still get same result. Also tried different addresses on decoder. All other loks regardless of decoder type work ok on programming & main track.
Any Ideas?

Brian.
Brian
Yaasan's Desktop Station/Railuino & Marklin MS2, DB Era III/IV Diesel & Steam, ESU Loksound/Lokpilot & Lokprogrammer, Marklin mSD, Tam Valley Depot Octopus III Servo Controller.
Offline H0  
#2 Posted : 27 June 2012 16:13:31(UTC)
H0

Hi, Brian,

Maybe red and brown wires swapped in the connection of the main track?
CS1 gives the same power to main track and programming track unless programming mode is active.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline Lollo  
#3 Posted : 27 June 2012 21:59:40(UTC)
Lollo

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
Hi, Brian,

Maybe red and brown wires swapped in the connection of the main track?
CS1 gives the same power to main track and programming track unless programming mode is active.

Hi Tom,

Wiring to main track all correct. Thanks for your reply.

Brian.
Brian
Yaasan's Desktop Station/Railuino & Marklin MS2, DB Era III/IV Diesel & Steam, ESU Loksound/Lokpilot & Lokprogrammer, Marklin mSD, Tam Valley Depot Octopus III Servo Controller.
Offline Dave Banks  
#4 Posted : 30 June 2012 12:57:07(UTC)
Dave Banks

Australia   
Brian, just check the address & see if there are any other locos with same address. Could be a conflict but it should not occur. I would suggest you remove that loco from the CS1 memory bank & start all over again & if any other loco with similar address just change your one manually on the loco to an address that is unoccupied. Give it a try & see what happens. Your 6090 decoder is using Motorola format. Tick the correct boxes. Also remember you only need one address for that loco & sniffer address should not be necessary & you will have an 8 function selection. It is a while ago since I used one & I may have it all wrong. Good luck.
D.A.Banks
Offline Lollo  
#5 Posted : 30 June 2012 23:33:53(UTC)
Lollo

New Zealand   
Hi DaveB,

All Lok's in the list got removed after the reset. Prior to that we did check for conflicts. Even changing the address of the decoder has same effect. What I might try next is restore with an older backup file that I know this lok was working.
I am also wondering whether I should try and remove the back up batteries and do another reset CS if the restore has no effect.
Otherwise a new decoder might be the only solution.

Cheers,
Brian.
Brian
Offline H0  
#6 Posted : 01 July 2012 07:21:42(UTC)
H0

Hi!
Originally Posted by: Lollo Go to Quoted Post
I am also wondering whether I should try and remove the back up batteries and do another reset CS if the restore has no effect.
The batteries are only needed when you turn off the power without shutting down the CS1 previously.
If you always shut down the CS1, no batteries are needed. Leaking batteries can damage the CS1. I never had batteries in mine.

As mentioned previously, the programming track output is normally connected via a relay to the main track output. If the loco works on programming track but not on main track, then I suspect there is a hardware problem related to the main track (swapping red and brown is the easiest explanation but you said that was not the case here (but triple checking cannot do harm)).

Test the loco on a short piece of track connect to the main track output. If it works there, but not on the layout, then search the problem on the layout and not in the loco.
Is there a 74046 used on the layout? Must be removed for digital operation. Maybe there is something else that disturbs the digital signal.

Are other locos with 6090 decoder running fine?
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline Dave Banks  
#7 Posted : 01 July 2012 10:55:34(UTC)
Dave Banks

Australia   

Hi Brian, Yes it is a weird scenario you have there. But I must strongly advise you to remove those cursed batteries unless you are a fastidious calender watcher & will change the batteries every year without fail. To forget results in corrosion & almost certainly the death of the units printed circuit board. Just hold the button down & do a manual shutdown & all will be well. But back to the issue in hand. A totally clean controller with update 2.0.4. & that locos address entered & using just a piece of track on mainline output you say it will not work but if connected to programming track in same manner it will work. Have I got that part right?

Cheers

Dave...

D.A.Banks