Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Rinus  
#1 Posted : 27 May 2012 14:13:53(UTC)
Rinus

Hi all,

Like to introduce you to my new purchase: the long awaited WLABmz T2s sleeping coach in blue with OBB/TEN logo!

The coach comes in a smooth looking carton box. The coach is packed inside in foam, together with a manual and a goody bag. wheels are DC. You'll have to change them if you want to drive it on Marklin track.

UserPostedImage

We continue with a overview. Lots of small windows on the cabin side, a few larger ones on the hallway. Also note: just one door per side! When we look inside the coach we see fully detialed cabins. If you whish its possible to remove the chairs and put in some beds!

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Note the platform in the hallway; its movable. The buffers are movable as well, like is the rubber bulge around the doorway.

I especially like the door handles at the rear; great detail. Ever seen such detailed doorsteps?

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Now we have a closer look at the underside. This is impresive. never seen such a deytailed undercariage. Generatos, airco, brakes they are all in place!

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

When we look inside the coach we see fully detialed cabins. If you whish its possible to remove the chairs and put in some beds!

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Verdict
By far the most detailed coach on my lay-out! i read the reviews on other fora, and saw some pics but in reality its realy overwhelming. Even compared to ACME coaches its even more detailed.

At 45,99 Euro's which I paied for it at Krois its very fairly priced. Ok you'll have to swap the wheelsets but that won't hurt you. If they want to go from a 99% score to a 100% thats the only thing I could think of.

When you look at the LS Model range you'll notice they've got plenty of alterations of this type.

Superb.

Link to L.S. Models: LINK

Link to Krois: http://shop.krois-modell.at/LS-Models:::550.html

Hope you enjoyed my review!

Rinus

Edited by user 27 May 2012 22:00:04(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Rinus
Offline Armando  
#2 Posted : 27 May 2012 19:46:51(UTC)
Armando

United States   
Hi Rinus,

Thanks for the detailed review of this fantastic coach! I have been eagerly waiting to receive LS 46253 and LS46254 (IC era IV sets) to go with my Marklin BR E 103's. However, they're still on back order. Nothing compares to 1:87!

I have the Roco equivalent of the DB and SBB T2S. I would be interesting to compare the two.

(And BTW, you don't really need to change the wheels if you run them on C-Track. Of course, it should not occur to anyone in his sane mind to attempt to run this magnificent true-to-scale coach on R1.)
Best regards,
Armando García

Offline Rinus  
#3 Posted : 27 May 2012 22:08:35(UTC)
Rinus

Originally Posted by: Armando Go to Quoted Post
Hi Rinus,

Thanks for the detailed review of this fantastic coach! I have been eagerly waiting to receive LS 46253 and LS46254 (IC era IV sets) to go with my Marklin BR E 103's. However, they're still on back order. Nothing compares to 1:87!

I have the Roco equivalent of the DB and SBB T2S. I would be interesting to compare the two.

(And BTW, you don't really need to change the wheels if you run them on C-Track. Of course, it should not occur to anyone in his sane mind to attempt to run this magnificent true-to-scale coach on R1.)

Hi Armando!

Yup nothing beats 1:87! Or it must be 1:1 BigGrin

A comparison with other brands would be nice. There seems to be an ACMe version as well. I've comparing this T2s with a MU from ACME. The LS Models 2Ts wins because of an even more detailed under cariage, moving buffers and a moving rubber bulge. For all other parts ACME is a close contender.

Regarding the wheel sets: I'm running K-Track. DC wheelsets get into trouble when driving in a curved switch. They cant negotiate the frog and lose connection with the track.

Enjoy waiting on your LS 46253 and LS46254!

Rinus
Offline Caralain  
#4 Posted : 29 May 2012 16:55:41(UTC)
Caralain

United States   
Quote:
Regarding the wheel sets: I'm running K-Track. DC wheelsets get into trouble when driving in a curved switch. They cant negotiate the frog and lose connection with the track.

Hi Rinus:

Thank you for your very detailed review. I don't have this specific coach, but I can only agree with your conclusion.

I have just a question: I am also using K-tracks and every so often some L.S. coaches derail on switches. Which AC wheels set do you use to replace the DC wheels provided by L.S. models? as far as I know, L.S. models doesn't produce AC wheels, but I might mistaken.

Regards,

Pierre
Offline Rinus  
#5 Posted : 29 May 2012 22:07:37(UTC)
Rinus

Hi Pierre,

I use Piko article number 56061 wheelsets 10.3 mm. They come in a bag of two.

Regards,

Rinus
Offline steventrain  
#6 Posted : 30 May 2012 20:40:31(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Thanks for the report, What lenghts is it please?
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
Offline Rinus  
#7 Posted : 31 May 2012 19:45:51(UTC)
Rinus

Originally Posted by: steventrain Go to Quoted Post

303 mm Steven.
Offline mike c  
#8 Posted : 31 May 2012 21:51:05(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
I am waiting for the SBB model with the blue and purple (stripes) livery. I am also wondering if I want to get one of the ex-SBB models (now OBB) in the Upgrading livery to supplement my OBB Nighttrain stock. I have a set of two double deck sleepers (ex CNL) in the new livery that I ordered from Memoba (Vienna).

I have a half dozen or so of the Heris models as well as one SBB model from Roco. It will be interesting to see how the LSM ones compare. I did not buy any of the ACME versions and the Roco one was a Christmas gift. I also have a few of the older Maerklin 27cm ones which do not have close coupling.

Thanks for the report.

Regards

Mike C
Offline Armando  
#9 Posted : 31 May 2012 22:25:21(UTC)
Armando

United States   
Originally Posted by: Rinus Go to Quoted Post

303 mm Steven.

Quite right, as it ought to be! BigGrin
Best regards,
Armando García

Offline Rinus  
#10 Posted : 01 June 2012 10:36:18(UTC)
Rinus

Originally Posted by: mike c Go to Quoted Post
I am waiting for the SBB model with the blue and purple (stripes) livery. I am also wondering if I want to get one of the ex-SBB models (now OBB) in the Upgrading livery to supplement my OBB Nighttrain stock. I have a set of two double deck sleepers (ex CNL) in the new livery that I ordered from Memoba (Vienna).

I have a half dozen or so of the Heris models as well as one SBB model from Roco. It will be interesting to see how the LSM ones compare. I did not buy any of the ACME versions and the Roco one was a Christmas gift. I also have a few of the older Maerklin 27cm ones which do not have close coupling.

Thanks for the report.

Regards

Mike C

I haven't got any other 2Ts coaches then the LS Models. However, when I compare it witb Mu sleeper coaches from ACME, I notice some general differences in favour of LS Models

Buffers: ACME fixed - LS Models movable
Wheel brakes: ACME none- LS Models detailed
Rubber bulge gangway: ACME fixed - LS Models movable
Gangway plate: ACME fixed - LS Models movable

I also noticed that the axles in then LS models 2Ts are fixed in brass housings, rather than in a plastic housing. It runs extreemly smooth.

Interior, color, printing are evenly matched.

Looking forward to some pic's of the Roco 2Ts Razz

Rinus
Offline mike c  
#11 Posted : 01 June 2012 17:43:13(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by mike c
Offline Rinus  
#12 Posted : 04 June 2012 21:47:34(UTC)
Rinus

Thanks Mike!

I'll be traveling in one this week between Berlin and Amsterdam in the CNL 456 "Jan Kipura"! Usually there is a Br 120 at the front.

I'm wondering though what's the diference between a Mu class sleeper coach. Sure I notice differences in appearance but whats is/was the difference in practice? Are they from a different era?

Rinus
Offline steventrain  
#13 Posted : 04 June 2012 21:54:54(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Rinus Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: steventrain Go to Quoted Post

303 mm Steven.

Thanks for the reply.ThumpUp
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
Offline mike c  
#14 Posted : 05 June 2012 10:21:44(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
There are various types of sleeper coaches that have been built since the 1950s, some for the Compagnie Internationale des Waggons Lits (C.I.W.L.), some for the Deutsche Schlaf- und Speisewagen Gesellschaft (D.S.G.). This included the AB 30 (Type P) which was built based on American stainless steel design, the type MU, both CIWL and the U-Hansa (Universal Hansa) and the related WLABm of the D.S.G. The T2 was designed in the late 1960s for the CIWL. The last version of the T2 went into service around 1975 and never saw use by the CIWL, the coaches having been assigned to the newly introduced TEN (Trans Euro Night) fleet. The final model developed for CIWL was the marklin-users.net which entered service after the TEN era and was operated by NS and finally by the OBB.

The differences between the various types in addition to the obvious external design differences can be seen mainly in the varying number of cabins/beds (double or triple) and equipment (sinks, washrooms, etc) installed in the coaches.

The German Wikipedia provides a good description of the various types: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schlafwagen

There is also a German Wagonslit Forum that pertains specifically to Night Trains: http://www.wagonslits.de/phpbb2/index.php

Regards

Mike C
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by mike c
Offline Rinus  
#15 Posted : 05 June 2012 18:28:38(UTC)
Rinus

Thank you Mike! Now I have something to read during my train trip as well!

Rinus