Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline saetta  
#1 Posted : 26 May 2012 23:04:33(UTC)
saetta

I have a few early generation 24 cm pax cars without interior seating. I remember seeings these kits in marklin catalogs, but can't find them now.
Also heard that the pop up on now and then e bay. Anyone have info about this or any source where to buy and /or catalog N#
Offline petestra  
#2 Posted : 27 May 2012 00:18:39(UTC)
petestra

United States   
Hi, some info on these;

Marklin
0226 - seated figures for coaches
0225 - seats/wc's for coaches
0224 - seats/kitchen for restauraunt coaches

I have these fitted into most of my 1960s' coach stock. You may find them on the German ebay.
Good luck, Peter
Offline franciscohg  
#3 Posted : 27 May 2012 00:23:45(UTC)
franciscohg

Chile   
i have bought some from the seller Danulla on eBay.de
UserPostedImage German trains era I-II, era depends on the mood, mostly Maerklin but i can be heretic if needed XD
Offline rschaffr  
#4 Posted : 27 May 2012 02:53:23(UTC)
rschaffr

United States   
Try the seating sets from Pikestuff . I have used the Pikestuff 4100 in these cars.
-Ron
Digital, Epoch IV-V(K-track/IB), Epoch III(C-track/6021/6036/6051)
http://www.sem-co.com/~rschaffr/trains/trains.html
Offline saetta  
#5 Posted : 27 May 2012 05:58:41(UTC)
saetta

Thank you
Offline cookee_nz  
#6 Posted : 27 May 2012 07:18:10(UTC)
cookee_nz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: saetta Go to Quoted Post
I have a few early generation 24 cm pax cars without interior seating. I remember seeings these kits in marklin catalogs, but can't find them now.
Also heard that the pop up on now and then e bay. Anyone have info about this or any source where to buy and /or catalog N#

I'd love to add them also. Problem is that if you have a few coaches to equip, it can quickly get quite expensive even if you are only paying 10 Euro's or so (and that would be a bargain).

Looking at the components in the 0224 package, I reckon this would be a perfect candidate for some DIY resin-casting, you could in theory pump out quite a few.

Sadly, I have no experience with this but I've often thought I would like to give it a try. Can you get a complete kit complete with 'Resin-casting for dummies' book?

Not sure I'd personally bother with the seated people to begin with, but the compartments and seating are a single colour and uniform shape. Can I assume that the seats and tables clip into the two long red strips?? How are they held in place in the coach? (If anyone has a set and can scan the fitting instructions image it would help)

Any thoughts, suggestions, ideas - would it be cost-effective?

Cheers

Cookee
Melbourne

Edited by user 27 May 2012 07:24:04(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

cookee_nz attached the following image(s):
Marklin-0224c.jpg
0224c.jpg
Cookee
Wellington
NZ image
Offline Iamnotthecrazyone  
#7 Posted : 27 May 2012 08:15:42(UTC)
Iamnotthecrazyone

Australia   
Originally Posted by: saetta Go to Quoted Post

They do appear but are fairly rare and as someone mentioned it may end up costing you a lot for many wagons.

Originally Posted by: cookee_nz Go to Quoted Post

I'd love to add them also. Problem is that if you have a few coaches to equip, it can quickly get quite expensive even if you are only paying 10 Euro's or so (and that would be a bargain).

Looking at the components in the 0224 package, I reckon this would be a perfect candidate for some DIY resin-casting, you could in theory pump out quite a few.

Sadly, I have no experience with this but I've often thought I would like to give it a try. Can you get a complete kit complete with 'Resin-casting for dummies' book?

Not sure I'd personally bother with the seated people to begin with, but the compartments and seating are a single colour and uniform shape. Can I assume that the seats and tables clip into the two long red strips?? How are they held in place in the coach? (If anyone has a set and can scan the fitting instructions image it would help)

Any thoughts, suggestions, ideas - would it be cost-effective?

Cheers

Cookee
Melbourne

Your idea of the resin is the best one altough there are better plastic materials for casting (search for Barnes). The materials tend to be expensive but in the long run if you are good working with them the price is not so bad and those material can be used for several other purposes. Silicone rubber is what you should use to make a mould. I would probably use the seats from a newer marklin coach or any other brand where you have all the seats together and once you make the plate with all the seats then cut them and glue them according to your needs. There should be plenty of info on the net and youtube on how to use these casting materials. I have made many things including some seats and I am reasonably happy with the results. You have to strike a balance between quality, time and costs. If you don't mind having some rejects or defects basics are pretty simple and you don't need much in the way of tools but the more you expect means you'll have to devote more time and money and perhaps buying some serious equipment like a vacuum pump and a vacuum chamber.

In regard to the original Marklin kit you probably glue the seats and tables to the red strip. I have them in one wagon but they were there when I bought it. The other kit with just seats you have to glue them individually to the base of the wagon which I am sure will encourage rust.