Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline doronb  
#1 Posted : 21 April 2012 16:01:43(UTC)
doronb

Hello all

I know i start a old issue but i did not find a good answer in the form .
how can i clean an hidden rails i know that some of you use a wagon that has some modification so it can be use for that purpose i have old NOCH clean wagon that the i try to run manually ( the decoder i not working) and it did not clean the rails even after i replaced the cleaning brush try to use alcohol with the some results cigarets ZIPPO lither fluid some results only when I use 600 grip glass paper it helps .I am admit the rails are out of use for few years any advice will help the biggest problem is with hidden part of layout even i cut in the base an opening to reach the hidden part it is quite difficult to reach some part of the layout because it is double deck ( for now the layout is without the scenery so i can with some difficulty to reach the hidden part of layout but in future it will very difficult to reach these parts even use the opening hole
Regards ahead Doron
I am glad to see a lot of about my "old" age (58 - ) in this hobby
Doron
Offline glight1  
#2 Posted : 26 April 2012 17:28:52(UTC)
glight1

United States   
Doron,

Your layout sounds like it is much larger than mine. I have two levels. I have cut an 'access hole' under neath so that I can take care of derailments or track cleaning. It is a small hole so you need to reach in and feel around in order to clean tracks.

Gary
Offline SINCrazee  
#3 Posted : 17 May 2012 09:52:33(UTC)
SINCrazee

Originally Posted by: doronb Go to Quoted Post
Hello all

I know i start a old issue but i did not find a good answer in the form .
how can i clean an hidden rails i know that some of you use a wagon that has some modification so it can be use for that purpose i have old NOCH clean wagon that the i try to run manually ( the decoder i not working) and it did not clean the rails even after i replaced the cleaning brush try to use alcohol with the some results cigarets ZIPPO lither fluid some results only when I use 600 grip glass paper it helps .I am admit the rails are out of use for few years any advice will help the biggest problem is with hidden part of layout even i cut in the base an opening to reach the hidden part it is quite difficult to reach some part of the layout because it is double deck ( for now the layout is without the scenery so i can with some difficulty to reach the hidden part of layout but in future it will very difficult to reach these parts even use the opening hole
Regards ahead Doron

Hi there , did you mean to say LUX Modellbau cleaning wagons instead? As Noch doesn't offer motorised cleaning wagons with decoder fitted in.
C-track carpetbahn, R1 ,R2,R3 with MS2 and a CS2 plus Marklin and HAG trains..