Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages123>
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline kimballthurlow  
#1 Posted : 26 January 2012 10:30:50(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
Hi,
I would like to have a topic in this forum dedicated to the railways of France, including the railway companies prior to the State nationalisation of 1938.

This topic can discuss any gauge of model, any prototype for France. It is up to you.

My first post will be about the proposed Marklin new items 2012, which includes an SNCF version of the Kittel steam rail car. The item number is 37258, and it now shows on the Marklin database.

I always wanted one of these, and because it is a little different to the German versions, I will order it. Marklin says that it will have prototypical tooling changes to the roof and the bearing sides for the rear axle.

I like that it worked in the Mulhouse area near the German border, and Basel. I can sensibly run trains on my layout, from neighbouring states.

I also have a number of other SNCF models for era III, so it will fit well. I know Marklin does many models of the SNCF in the modern era, so I guess there would be plenty to talk about.

And they are releasing other SNCF models for 2012. All can be viewed on the Marklin site. I will list them here:
Engines
36745 III
37260 VI
37337 V
37813 III
39405 V
rolling stock
41876 Inox passenger car set for TEE V
47035 freight set VI
48434 freight set IV

regards
Kimball

Edited by user 04 February 2014 21:53:08(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

HO Scale - Märklin (ep II-III and VI, C Track, digital) - 2 rail HO (Queensland Australia, UK, USA) - 3 rail OO (English Hornby Dublo) - old clockwork O gauge - Live Steam 90mm (3.1/2 inch) gauge.
thanks 9 users liked this useful post by kimballthurlow
Offline husson73  
#2 Posted : 26 January 2012 19:47:27(UTC)
husson73

Very good idea, as a froggy have myself interested by US trains and have most of Marklin US models.
So I can understand you are looking on the other side of the ocean.

Sadly haven't downunder trains but at my knowledge Marklin never makes one.

You can find mostly of the Marklin HO models from SNCF here:
http://www.bzt87.com/BZT/MARKLIN/MARKLIN-F1.htm

Regards
3 rails HO OO O I, DC and AC, analogic and digital.
thanks 6 users liked this useful post by husson73
Offline Yumgui  
#3 Posted : 26 January 2012 21:49:40(UTC)
Yumgui

United States   
Kimball, great idea ! ThumpUp

Husson73, nice link ! ThumpUp

I see a 37157 150 Y, another decapod ^^ ;) .. but not the 34157 ...

Without knowing for sure what the difference is atm (one is "newer" obviously ...), and enjoying this model from my collection very much, here's some pix of the latter :

Yum Tongue
Yumgui attached the following image(s):
IMG_4884_lite.jpg
IMG_4890_lite.jpg
If your M track is rusted ... DON'T throw it out !
Working on: https://studiogang.com/projects/all
My heavy train station renovation: https://youtu.be/QQlyNiq416A
Inspired by: http://www.nakedmarklin.com/... Am not alone in this universe, phew.
thanks 7 users liked this useful post by Yumgui
Offline steventrain  
#4 Posted : 26 January 2012 21:58:03(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: husson73 Go to Quoted Post

You can find mostly of the Marklin HO models from SNCF here:
http://www.bzt87.com/BZT/MARKLIN/MARKLIN-F1.htm

Regards

Excellent site.ThumpUp
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by steventrain
Offline steventrain  
#5 Posted : 26 January 2012 22:00:17(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Lovely pictures, Yum.Smile
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
Offline kimballthurlow  
#6 Posted : 26 January 2012 22:27:38(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
Originally Posted by: Yumgui Go to Quoted Post
Kimball, great idea ! ThumpUp

Husson73, nice link ! ThumpUp

I see a 37157 150 Y, another decapod ^^ ;) .. but not the 34157 ...

Without knowing for sure what the difference is atm (one is "newer" obviously ...), and enjoying this model from my collection very much, here's some pix of the latter :

Yum Tongue

Hi Yum,

I too recently acquired a 34157, and I like it. It is quite an iconic locomotive.

The 37157 was an SNCB version of the same, and I guess it had a later decoder. It shows on the Marklin database, whereas the 34157 does not.

regards
Kimball

HO Scale - Märklin (ep II-III and VI, C Track, digital) - 2 rail HO (Queensland Australia, UK, USA) - 3 rail OO (English Hornby Dublo) - old clockwork O gauge - Live Steam 90mm (3.1/2 inch) gauge.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by kimballthurlow
Offline Yumgui  
#7 Posted : 26 January 2012 23:16:02(UTC)
Yumgui

United States   
Thanks for that info Kimball ^^ ThumpUp
Inspired by: http://www.nakedmarklin.com/... Am not alone in this universe, phew.
Offline sokato  
#8 Posted : 27 January 2012 07:10:52(UTC)
sokato

Kimbal -

Great topic! The SNCF is also my area of focus after having spent almost a decade in France.

I was surprised at the number of SNCF items that Marklin came with this year, as well as the variety. But it's all a bit budget busting - and if memory serves much of it all comes out more or less at the same time.

The "Kittel" does look interesting and I'll be sure to get one. Its good to see since Marklin does a lot of recycling of the same moulds (cf 37260 this year), but I can't complain too much since we got the cc40100's and the flat iron (3733x) in the past few years - both typically and almost uniquely French. I'm tempted by the 39405 "Rubens" PBA TEE even though I have the 39401. I used to take that exact train from Paris to Bruxelles in late 1993, and the sounds on the 39401 are quite dissappointing (ok, almost pathetic) as well.

One I haven't picked up is the TGV POS 37990. The reviews on it seem so mixed - how can you have a slow TGV? Besides, I did get the Mehano TGV Atlantique when they made it. I had to have that - I actually remember trying to "catch up" to the TGV Atlantique where the TGV tracks are parallel to the A10/N118 autoroute southwest of Paris Blushing.

I keep hoping for a 68000 series, but alas no. I remember them from Normandy/western France in the mid 1980's and I'd really like a real french diesel. I may have to pick up one of the now discontinued Roco models for that but I haven't found an AC version. Speaking of Roco, I have added a couple of Roco AC SNCF models, and they are actually quite good with great detail but, yes, plastic. Amazingly quite and smooth though.

Anyway, great topic, thanks!

David
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by sokato
Offline river6109  
#9 Posted : 30 January 2012 16:16:44(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square
Kimball,

I'll be taken part soon when I get a minute.

John
https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode
Offline TrainIride  
#10 Posted : 30 January 2012 21:13:50(UTC)
TrainIride

France   
Originally Posted by: kimballthurlow Go to Quoted Post
Hi,
I would like to have a topic in this forum dedicated to the railways of France...
regards
Kimball

Hi Kimball,

A Great idea! ThumpUp ThumpUp
Hoping I'll have time to contribute...

Regards
Joël
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by TrainIride
Offline kimballthurlow  
#11 Posted : 30 January 2012 22:51:08(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
Originally Posted by: sokato Go to Quoted Post
Kimbal -

Great topic! The SNCF is also my area of focus after having spent almost a decade in France.

I was surprised at the number of SNCF items that Marklin came with this year, as well as the variety.
... we got the cc40100's and the flat iron (3733x) in the past few years - both typically and almost uniquely French.

I'm tempted by the 39405 "Rubens" PBA TEE even though I have the 39401. I used to take that exact train from Paris to Bruxelles in late 1993, and the sounds on the 39401 are quite dissappointing (ok, almost pathetic) as well.

I keep hoping for a 68000 series, but alas no. I remember them from Normandy/western France in the mid 1980's and I'd really like a real french diesel. I may have to pick up one of the now discontinued Roco models for that ...

Anyway, great topic, thanks!

David

Hi David,

Regarding the 3733x series, yes, uniquely French and you would wonder why Marklin would do that. Every maker from the days of Jouef and Hornby have done it. Probably not as well as Marklin, mind you.

And on that same topic, if Marklin could spread the bogies 1cm further apart, they have a platform for a retooling of the famous 3038 model of BB9200, and even go so far as to create a BB16000 (same body as BB9200). In metal of course!)

A French diesel would be nice.

regards
Kimball
Offline Armando  
#12 Posted : 30 January 2012 23:29:15(UTC)
Armando

United States   
Sadly, none of the SNCF steam locomotives made by Märklin are real "French" locomotives. They're only a recycling of German-made models that remained in France after the war. So I have absolutely no interest in them. I believe that Roco has released some "real" French steam locos. Can anyone confirm otherwise?
Best regards,
Armando García

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Armando
Offline dan67millie  
#13 Posted : 30 January 2012 23:37:02(UTC)
dan67millie

Originally Posted by: Armando Go to Quoted Post
Sadly, none of the SNCF steam locomotives made by Märklin are real "French" locomotives. They're only a recycling of German-made models that remained in France after the war. So I have absolutely no interest in them. I believe that Roco has released some "real" French steam locos. Can anyone confirm otherwise?

Last year they wanted our votes for the insider loco. One of them was a real french loco a 241 A Mountain. I do think they were fishing for interest for it. I think it would go down very wellLOL BigGrin
dan67millie attached the following image(s):
3724_1204722000.jpg
thanks 6 users liked this useful post by dan67millie
Offline kimballthurlow  
#14 Posted : 31 January 2012 06:59:17(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   

Hi Armando,

Regards 2010/11:

Yes Roco have released a Nord 231 (various pre and post 1938 liveries), comes in AC versions as well. I think many shy away from it, because of its perceived inability to negotiate R1 curves.

Jouef (part of the Hornby stable) have released a new 141 (the American R series) in both 2 and 3 rail. Again, there is a perception that R1 is a problem.

While the Nord 231 is uniquely French, the 141R is not. It was built by North American builders for use throughout Europe at the end of WWII. So it showed up in various other places including Spain, and dare I say it, maybe Eastern Europe and Turkey. There was even a version made for Australia in the 50's.

Now maybe this represents a real opportunity for Marklin. They have the experience now with quite a few 2-8-2 locos (BR39-41, US light Mikado), to build a loco that can be reiterated for many continents, including AUSTRALIA!!!!

regards
Kimball
Offline kimballthurlow  
#15 Posted : 31 January 2012 07:09:05(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
Originally Posted by: dan67millie Go to Quoted Post

Last year they wanted our votes for the insider loco. One of them was a real french loco a 241 A Mountain. I do think they were fishing for interest for it. I think it would go down very wellLOL BigGrin

Hi Dan,
Thanks for reminding me of that.

That 241 would be one giant loco. It would tower over some of the German ones I think.

A very good choice for Marklin I would say.

regards
Kimball
Offline husson73  
#16 Posted : 31 January 2012 15:04:26(UTC)
husson73

Roco 3 rails digital Pacific 231 Nord with Lemaco Etat + PLM Ocem FL

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

At my knowledge, it's the only one original french steam locomotive made by Roco, the other like Marklin french steam locs are post WWI or WWII original german steam locs stayed in France after the war or given by Germany to repared the french destroyed steam locs during the war.

Hornby Jouef 141 R SNCF fuel 3 rails digital

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
3 rails HO OO O I, DC and AC, analogic and digital.
thanks 7 users liked this useful post by husson73
Offline BR01097  
#17 Posted : 18 February 2012 06:04:22(UTC)
BR01097

United States   

I'm sharing the picture we who use Märklin to model the French railway system always hope to find: il ressemble au mistral qui suivi par une série des voitures de grands lignes qui pourraient être prises facilement pour des modèles de #346/3J et #4076.

Still having a bit of trouble selecting the appropriate dining (if there is one) for this consist--maybe one from the DSG.

BR01097 attached the following image(s):
Le Mistral.gif

Collector of Märklin fine-quality trains since 1966.

thanks 6 users liked this useful post by BR01097
Offline Yumgui  
#18 Posted : 18 February 2012 09:56:24(UTC)
Yumgui

United States   
Originally Posted by: BR01097 Go to Quoted Post
Still having a bit of trouble selecting the appropriate dining (if there is one) for this consist--maybe one from the DSG.

352J or better, 346/2J would do the trick :

UserPostedImage

Y ThumpUp

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Yumgui
Offline kimballthurlow  
#19 Posted : 18 February 2012 10:09:48(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
Originally Posted by: husson73 Go to Quoted Post
Roco 3 rails digital Pacific 231 Nord with Lemaco Etat + PLM Ocem FL

At my knowledge, it's the only one original french steam locomotive made by Roco, the other like Marklin french steam locs are post WWI or WWII original german steam locs stayed in France after the war or given by Germany to repared the french destroyed steam locs during the war.

Hornby Jouef 141 R SNCF fuel 3 rails digital

Hi Husson,

Thank you very much for sharing these models. I have seen them in the model press.

Did you try them on the small Marklin radius tracks?

I like the Lemaco coaches, are they brass or plastic?

regards
Kimball
Offline kimballthurlow  
#20 Posted : 24 February 2012 08:18:56(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
Hi,
Here is a picture of 3 of my French locos, these are all Marklin.

The 34157 is the one on the left, and is a Delta decoder model I got from member Sal in the US. Then the electric is 37335. And lastly the 3317 on the passenger train, has been updated with a 60941 motor, and 60965 MFX decoder.

UserPostedImage

regards
Kimball
thanks 8 users liked this useful post by kimballthurlow
Offline river6109  
#21 Posted : 24 February 2012 09:45:18(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Hi,
Here is a picture of 3 of my French locos, these are all Marklin.

The 34157 is the one on the left, and is a Delta decoder model I got from member Sal in the US. Then the electric is 37335. And lastly the 3317 on the passenger train, has been updated with a 60941 motor, and 60965 MFX decoder.

UserPostedImage

regards
Kimball

Kimball,

I've noticed you have some carriages with the 3317 but can't see them actually to identify what type they are.
any chance of a close up ?

When I bought mine, I was surprised, it had a drum collector, braking shoes, short coupling with NEM coupling shaft (tender).

I used the the same conversion set (60901) and an ESU sound decoder and at the time, Maerklin for the "first time" offered a full range of carriages, consisting of baggage car, 1st and 2nd class coaches.

My wish is to have one of the "Buegeleisen" 37335 or earlier versions.

John

thanks 3 users liked this useful post by river6109
Offline kimballthurlow  
#22 Posted : 24 February 2012 11:03:31(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
Hi Jeremy,

It looks like the Belgians got a similar deal as France did after WWI, and got older 18 class steam engines from Germany.

That is a nice model. They would have ranged into France no doubt on the Brussels to Paris expresses.

regards
Kimball
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kimballthurlow
Offline kimballthurlow  
#23 Posted : 24 February 2012 12:31:54(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
Originally Posted by: river6109 Go to Quoted Post

Kimball,

I've noticed you have some carriages with the 3317 but can't see them actually to identify what type they are.
any chance of a close up ?

John

Hi John,

I have a few French coaches.

1. A TRAM brand car (probably the same as France Trains) I bought off eBay, Germany. It is about 270mm long, and had to cut the buffers off, so it would negoitiate my R1 curves. It came with NEM coupler boxes, and I use Marklin couplers now. As you can see from the paper, it was originally a kit.

https://www.marklin-users.net/upload/Community/Models/kimballthurlow/sncftram2210sncf800.jpg

I will reply with the others in another reply.
regards
Kimball

Edited by user 25 February 2012 22:16:09(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 5 users liked this useful post by kimballthurlow
Offline kimballthurlow  
#24 Posted : 25 February 2012 22:10:28(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
Hi John,

The other coaches on this train are Hornby Acho, of which there are 3 versions.
I run these with the original plastic wheels, and they occasionally derail.
Metal wheels would be best, and have found only a couple of suitable ones.
They were leftovers from Roco or Liliput 2 rail model wagons.
I would prefer proper AC wheel sets, but cannot find one of correct axle length.

Regards couplers, the original Hornby ones screw off.
Then I make up NEM boxes from nickel etchings that I buy from YDM in France.
They protrude a bit, but at least they couple up properly with Marklin couplings.

First the Hornby Acho baggage, 180mm long. This is very like prototypes from photos I have seen.

https://www.marklin-users.net/upload/Community/Models/kimballthurlow/hornbyachobaggage-800.jpg

The second is the DEV coach, about 230mm long, probably not scale length, but I don't care. It comes in both a first and second class, with "Paris-Lille" destination boards. For their age, they are good models, with interiors. I believe late in the 60s, Hornby did some with a different destination.

https://www.marklin-users.net/upload/Community/Models/kimballthurlow/hornbyachodev-800.jpg

regards
Kimball
thanks 5 users liked this useful post by kimballthurlow
Offline kimballthurlow  
#25 Posted : 12 December 2013 05:10:25(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
Hi,

To get away from coaches a bit, here are a couple of recently acquired freight wagons to suit the SNCF modeller.

First is a couple of REE Modeles (WB251) OCEM covered vans, class Kkw, for era IIIa.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/p296x100/1472013_772478112767384_1061449945_n.jpg

Then a Roco model of a K class covered van (era III), which is in their Hobby line, but I find very appealing.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/p296x100/1504590_772477996100729_139373307_n.jpg

regards
Kimball
thanks 6 users liked this useful post by kimballthurlow
Offline kimballthurlow  
#26 Posted : 12 December 2013 05:17:50(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
And here is another van, a Lima Hobby or Junior line, but I don't know the model number
Running number is 347595 for 1950s.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/s403x403/1476355_772485339433328_188739363_n.jpg

regards
Kimball

User is suspended until 23/03/4752 12:54:35(UTC) Mulldog Lemon  
#27 Posted : 12 December 2013 08:28:19(UTC)
Mulldog Lemon

Australia   
Message body cannot be empty.

Edited by user 18 March 2014 03:41:23(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
thanks 6 users liked this useful post by Mulldog Lemon
Offline kimballthurlow  
#28 Posted : 15 December 2013 00:21:38(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
Hi,

Marklin SNCF wine wagon limited edition 999 pieces, now available at Swiss hobby shops, including Bahnorama, from whose site the photo was taken.
With suitable acknowledgement to Bahnorama:

http://shop.bahnorama.ch/

http://shop.bahnorama.ch/data/bilder/mar94422.JPG

regards
Kimball

thanks 7 users liked this useful post by kimballthurlow
User is suspended until 23/03/4752 12:54:35(UTC) Mulldog Lemon  
#29 Posted : 25 December 2013 01:24:26(UTC)
Mulldog Lemon

Australia   
Message body cannot be empty.

Edited by user 18 March 2014 03:40:29(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
thanks 5 users liked this useful post by Mulldog Lemon
Offline river6109  
#30 Posted : 29 December 2013 02:49:21(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
time flies when you have fun and this time I can bring some of my locos into the foreground.

as mentioned before, I bought the 3317 with carriages at the time, my first loco, Märklin 3038.1 was bought in Austria by my younger brother years earlier and was send to me by my late mother in the 70's-80's.

my next purchase was the 3946 (X150) (kitform) which I've converted with a 5 pole motor, sound, telex coupling in the tender and leds, front & rear and added gearlights. unfortunately I sold this one.

I than had the interest in electric locos and bought most of the different types, SNCF & NS, e.g. 3320, 3321, 3625, 3326 (NS), 3333, 3334 (26002, 26004, 26006) 3526 (NS), I sold all the NS versions and the SNCF 3333.
another E-loco I bought was the English channel loco (83320) based on a 3320 loco.
My next purchase was the 3474, diesel loco based on a BR 212, this loco had the SEDCO logo on it and I bought 3 of them for an investment, I'm still waiting for it.BigGrin

my first Roco French electric was a BB 8169 (DC) and it is running off the overhead system

My latest purchase was a Roco model SNCF 2D2 9109

here are some videos of the said locos:

thanks 6 users liked this useful post by river6109
Offline intruder  
#31 Posted : 29 December 2013 03:43:11(UTC)
intruder

Norway   
Unfortunately, I have only one French model:
Märrklin 3118, the Micheline type 11 from Compagnie des chemins de fer de l'Est, in service from March 21. 1932
UserPostedImage

Edited by user 19 March 2014 04:01:46(UTC)  | Reason: typing error

Best regards Svein, Norway
grumpy old sod
thanks 6 users liked this useful post by intruder
Offline Janne75  
#32 Posted : 11 January 2014 12:23:45(UTC)
Janne75

Finland   
Hi all,

This is an interesting topic. I also collect SNCF Märklin models. Two days ago I got this Märklin SNCF 43972 set:

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

I have two SNCF electric locos 3038 and 3165. Then there are soon 12 French SNCF or ETAT steam locos. I should buy more rolling stock as I have only this 43972 set, six Märklin 4244/4245/4246 coaches and one older 4104 and one 4105 2 axle passenger cars. Only one SNCF freight car... BigGrin

I have two of some models like 37552 SNCF 040D, 3414 SNCF 150 Z (analog and digitalised) and 3317 SNCF 231 A (analog and soon one digitalised Love ).

Then analog 3083 ETAT 231, 3107 SNCF 232 TC, 3117 SNCF 232 TC weathered.

Delta 3413 SNCF 131 TA, 34131 SNCF 040 TC and 34157 SNCF 150 Y.

Regards,
Janne

Edited by user 11 January 2014 19:44:23(UTC)  | Reason: Typo

Märklin H0 digital layout. I have analog and digital H0 Collection. Rolling stock mostly from era I, II, III and IV. Märklin 1 gauge beginner.
thanks 8 users liked this useful post by Janne75
Offline river6109  
#33 Posted : 11 January 2014 13:07:41(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
the more locos you have from different railway companies the more carriages you need and the more expensive it gets.

I have stopped doing it because it becomes too expensive. I've already culled the NS, NSB loco range and will stick with the SNCF. they have some great freight carriages but alas I can't be tempted.

John
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by river6109
Offline Janne75  
#34 Posted : 11 January 2014 14:07:56(UTC)
Janne75

Finland   
the more locos you have from different railway companies the more carriages you need and the more expensive it gets.

I have stopped doing it because it becomes too expensive. I've already culled the NS, NSB loco range and will stick with the SNCF. they have some great freight carriages but alas I can't be tempted.

John

Hi John,

Yes this is true, but a good thing with many of the European countries railway companies is that they can also be mixed if the countries are near each other. Or use a locomotive from different country than the rolling stock. Maybe not always prototypical, but it's possible in my 1:87 fantasy railway. Smile

Regards,
Janne

Märklin H0 digital layout. I have analog and digital H0 Collection. Rolling stock mostly from era I, II, III and IV. Märklin 1 gauge beginner.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Janne75
Offline danmarklinman  
#35 Posted : 11 January 2014 14:56:29(UTC)
danmarklinman

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Janne75 Go to Quoted Post

John

Hi John,

Yes this is true, but a good thing with many of the European countries railway companies is that they can also be mixed if the countries are near each other. Or use a locomotive from different country than the rolling stock. Maybe not always prototypical, but it's possible in my 1:87 fantasy railway. Smile

Regards,
Janne

Hi I mix Belgium stock and locomotives with French as I have a layout based in Northern France which is only a day out for me to take a few photos and watch trains!
This year for Xmas I had a SNCB Marklin series 59 diesel, I have a SNCF BB12000 cat number 37337 weighting at Modellbahn-Kramm for me. Both these could have been seen together in the Pas Du Calais area, with stock from other countries. It looks like a new SNCB series 204 will be announced this year from Marklin so that's on my list as well! See pick of my French layout. A new bit will be built onto it with a town made of French MKD kits based on French houses! Cheers Dan
danmarklinman attached the following image(s):
image.jpg
Marklin and Piko era 4 SNCB , Marklin wagons
Wiking model car Fan
Faller fan including car system
Instagram: marklin1978
Wiking fan
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by danmarklinman
Offline danmarklinman  
#36 Posted : 11 January 2014 15:09:05(UTC)
danmarklinman

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: danmarklinman Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Janne75 Go to Quoted Post

John

Hi John,

Regards,
Janne

Hi I mix Belgium stock and locomotives with French as I have a layout based in Northern France which is only a day out for me to take a few photos and watch trains!
This year for Xmas I had a SNCB Marklin series 59 diesel, I have a SNCF BB12000 cat number 37337 weighting at Modellbahn-Kramm for me. Both these could have been seen together in the Pas Du Calais area, with stock from other countries. It looks like a new SNCB series 204 will be announced this year from Marklin so that's on my list as well! See pick of my French layout. A new bit will be built onto it with a town made of French MKD kits based on French houses! Cheers Dan

Also here's pic a Belgium local service which ran from Belgium to Lillie in France. The service is now run by am96 electric units from Belgium which are very boring to look at. Unlike m2 stock and a SNCB diesel
image.jpg
Wiking model car Fan
Wiking fan
thanks 5 users liked this useful post by danmarklinman
Offline Janne75  
#37 Posted : 13 January 2014 21:21:08(UTC)
Janne75

Finland   
Hi,

Today I got a new French steam locomotive into my Collection. This is my 12th Märklin French steam locomotive and 14th Märklin French locomotive. It's my second Märklin 3317 SNCF BR 231 995. Before I had an analog 3317, but I bought this one as it's digitalised. It has smoke unit, 5-pole motor and the steam whistle and bell sounds. Someone has installed technic from another BR 18.4 or S 3/6 type loco into this one. Now I can run this with my SNCF 4244/4245/4246 coaches on digital layout. Most of those coaches have interior lights.

Here are three photos of this in my opinion beautiful steam locomotive:

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Regards,
Janne
thanks 7 users liked this useful post by Janne75
Offline kimballthurlow  
#38 Posted : 13 January 2014 22:45:25(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   

This year for Xmas I had a SNCB Marklin series 59 diesel, I have a SNCF BB12000 cat number 37337 weighting at Modellbahn-Kramm for me. Both these could have been seen together in the Pas Du Calais area, with stock from other countries.

It looks like a new SNCB series 204 will be announced this year from Marklin so that's on my list as well! See pick of my French layout. A new bit will be built onto it with a town made of French MKD kits based on French houses! Cheers Dan

Hi Dan,

Nice photo of the French electric under a bridge.
I think more photos of your layout have featured elsewhere on this forum, correct?

The MKD kits are great to build, not too big. I have to order from France, as not many make it to Australian shops.
Their architectural style is quite different to the German and Danish kits which are more common.
I can only guess MKD are typically French style.

I purchased an MKD furniture factory, and have adapted it as a winery building.
MKD have a complete village kit for around 80 Euros.

regards
Kimball
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by kimballthurlow
Offline river6109  
#39 Posted : 22 January 2014 09:43:53(UTC)
river6109

Australia   

This year for Xmas I had a SNCB Marklin series 59 diesel, I have a SNCF BB12000 cat number 37337 weighting at Modellbahn-Kramm for me. Both these could have been seen together in the Pas Du Calais area, with stock from other countries.

It looks like a new SNCB series 204 will be announced this year from Marklin so that's on my list as well! See pick of my French layout. A new bit will be built onto it with a town made of French MKD kits based on French houses! Cheers Dan

Hi Dan,

Nice photo of the French electric under a bridge.
I think more photos of your layout have featured elsewhere on this forum, correct?

The MKD kits are great to build, not too big. I have to order from France, as not many make it to Australian shops.
Their architectural style is quite different to the German and Danish kits which are more common.
I can only guess MKD are typically French style.

I purchased an MKD furniture factory, and have adapted it as a winery building.
MKD have a complete village kit for around 80 Euros.

regards
Kimball

photo:

the loco in question is a 83320 (I think) which runs or used to run under the British channel.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by river6109
Offline RayF  
#40 Posted : 22 January 2014 11:23:14(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
I think they were used during construction of the tunnel. The yellow ends are to conform with British safety requirements
Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by RayF
Offline danmarklinman  
#41 Posted : 22 January 2014 14:55:34(UTC)
danmarklinman

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: RayF Go to Quoted Post
I think they were used during construction of the tunnel. The yellow ends are to conform with British safety requirements

Yes you are right a little Ray. They were bought in because of a short fall in motive power when the channel tunnel opened! The British built class 92 was not ready and so two SNCF BB22200 were used to power freights throught the tunnel. These were trains of new cars and containers not the rolling motorway service also useing the tunnel along with the Eurostar trains. The model was a Marklin insider loco the year it opened!
The yellow ends are for the British safety standard rules, as you righty said.
The locomotives ran for some time after use in the tunnel with there yellow cabs.
The cat number is 83320 and hears mine

Edited by user 23 January 2014 23:00:29(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

image.jpg
Wiking model car Fan
Wiking fan
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by danmarklinman
Offline kimballthurlow  
#42 Posted : 04 February 2014 21:51:57(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
Hi,

I was researching the Marklin 3413, 131 tank engine.

I came across this beautiful Marklin layout based on SNCF operation.
There are plenty of pictures.

http://flickrhivemind.net/Tags/m%C3%A4rklin,sncf/Interesting

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8239/8468866674_b6ccab100d_c.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7334/9155623755_45bc1ce072_c.jpg

regards
Kimball
thanks 14 users liked this useful post by kimballthurlow
Offline kimballthurlow  
#43 Posted : 05 March 2014 06:20:25(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
Hi,

Here is an odd mixed train of mostly SNCF vehicles which I ran on my layout today.
It represents something that may have happened in 1950.
And most of the models come from decades ago.
I am very fond of older models.

The CIWL car is being sent to the CIWL works at St Denis in Paris for refurbishment.
This car usually runs between Kehl and Munchen.
It has been joined to a local SNCF train from St Rufus (an imaginary border town on my layout) to a town further west, Saint-dié-des-Vosges.
There the CIWL car will be taken on to Paris by another train.

The train consists of first, a Pacific loco, 231A975 (Marklin 3317 with latest mfx decoder).
Then a CIWL Orient Express diner car (Marklin 346/2j from 1950s).
Then a freight baggage (VB model catalogue #23 all metal from 1950s).
Then a 6 wheel local coach (Marklin 4204)
And a 4 wheel local coach (Fleischmann 1406 from 1950s repainted for SNCF)

http://qldrail.net/altkloster/sncf231shorttrain.jpg

regards
Kimball
thanks 9 users liked this useful post by kimballthurlow
Offline Alsterstreek  
#44 Posted : 07 March 2014 11:15:00(UTC)
Alsterstreek

Germany   
Found you another prototype photo of a 231K with blue sleepers.
Alsterstreek attached the following image(s):
231K.png
thanks 8 users liked this useful post by Alsterstreek
Offline kimballthurlow  
#45 Posted : 18 March 2014 21:33:24(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
Hi,

Facts on SNCF non-revenue rolling stock, prior to 1972.
(Mostly provided by Joel = TrainIride)

Service Park Wagon - Specific wagons, or old ones after refurbishment, used by the SNCF for the company work.
Showing the lettering used to differentiate them in the different service departments.
The lettering appears to be about 1 metre high, in white:

T for Transport Dept
EX for Operation (not very clear for me !)
M for Material
MT for Material & Transport
V for tracks
VB for tracks & Buildings

An example, from an interesting website http://www.trains-speciaux.fr/cadres/page_wagons_m.htm:
http://www.trains-speciaux.fr/images/Photo036.jpg

then after the letter, follows (small):
- the name of the station (after T)
- the name of the workshop (after M or V)

then after, follows a number:
- of 12 digits if allowed to run every where - except if a letter after that indicates the only region where to run !
- of 1 to 3 digits if not allowed to run on principal tracks

regards
Kimball
thanks 7 users liked this useful post by kimballthurlow
Offline intruder  
#46 Posted : 19 March 2014 04:09:45(UTC)
intruder

Norway   
Originally Posted by: intruder Go to Quoted Post
Unfortunately, I have only one French model:
Märrklin 3118, the Micheline type 11 from Compagnie des chemins de fer de l'Est, in service from March 21. 1932
UserPostedImage

This is not quite correct.

I also have the Märklin 3145, SNCF Y50100
Märklin 3145
and the freight car set 47892
Märklin 47892
I will see if I can find more
grumpy old sod
Offline kimballthurlow  
#47 Posted : 21 March 2014 20:53:35(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
Hi,

Marklin built this 4-8-2 in O gauge, in 1934 or thereabouts.
Anyway it is a great model, and no doubt, they still have the plans for it in their factory at Goppingen.
Perhaps they will do it in HO someday.

Edited by user 13 April 2014 10:14:12(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

kimballthurlow attached the following image(s):
mountain-marklinO.jpg
Offline kimballthurlow  
#48 Posted : 07 April 2014 23:13:20(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
Originally Posted by: dan67millie Go to Quoted Post

Hi John,

https://www.marklin-users.net/forum/resource.ashx?p=21173
See my previous post with the O gauge model.
Maybe they will do it with black wheels.

regards
Kimball
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kimballthurlow
Offline intruder  
#49 Posted : 08 April 2014 01:16:56(UTC)
intruder

Norway   
intruder wrote:

UserPostedImage

When I buy a model, I try to find as many facts about the prototype as possible. A lot of information can be found on the web, but it is very limited for the Micheline.
As far as I know, it had a 95 ch Panhard petrol engine. but I have no details.
Does anybody know something about this?
Engine layout,
engine displacement
Maximum speed for this interesting vehicle (100 km/h?)

I will issue a full report regarding my digital conversion when it is finished. My progress is rather slow these days.
grumpy old sod
Offline Alberto Pedrini  
#50 Posted : 09 April 2014 19:45:37(UTC)
Alberto Pedrini

Italy   
Hi Svein,
looking at this film we can confirm that the maximum speed was 100 km/h.

Running test in Italy 1932

Edited by user 09 April 2014 23:14:57(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Alberto

Marklinfan Club Italia
www.marklinfan.net
thanks 8 users liked this useful post by Alberto Pedrini