Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages123>»
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline DV  
#1 Posted : 16 August 2011 06:42:23(UTC)
DV

Australia   
Our small (elderly) club just celebrated its' 40th anniversary in our new club rooms (finally). The club was formed back in 1971 (never forget that year as I got married then as well) by a gentleman that used to be the official Märklin repair agent (now unfortunately deceased).

The club met in church halls, unused drawing offices, table tennis clubs and ex railway workshops, until the lease not being renewed in the workshops due to the owners wanting to redevelop the site (large task as the area was covered in arsenic - a great way to kill weeds in the old days). Then for the next nearly ten years the club went into semi hibernation and lost what ever younger members it had. Only the old, infirmed and stubborn members met at each other's places and then eventually going back to the future and meeting in conference rooms at community centers, where thanks to C track, it was possible to run trains, drink coffee/tea, gobble cakes/biscuits and shoot the bulls..t about model railways and Märklin in particular.

Then thanks to a young (late 30's, early 40's), energetic new member (ac jacko)BigGrin the club finally landed the new club rooms for 25 years + 25 years...whoohoo!!!!! Then an old, demented (by fermented bananas in beer cars)BlinkConfusedFlapper member built a layout (including a CS2) and sold it to the club on a lay away plan ($500 per year for the next 10 - 15 years)

Ok enough of the history lesson. We had a great running night and were impressed by some of the members engines with soundLoveWub. So impressed that ac jacko suggested that we share it with the rest of the users group and open it up to anyone else that would like to post their experiences (preferably from club runnings).

Spillberg has nothing on usFlapper, and due to not really being up with the latest technological gizmosConfused, you get to see bloopers as well as the trains.

There are some of you out there that have seen and heard the trains we are about to present so, if you like, you can ignore this postBigGrin . The rest I hope you enjoy them.Smile ThumpUp

First off the mighty Big Boy start up.

Then Big Boy coming in

The new Russian SASPAN - with station announcements in Russian then English - not a very life like start up - we'll have to sack the driver.

The BR221 Double header with, you guessed it a rake of bananas

Then coming in

The BR103 with station announcement

Then coming in

And finally the BR45 doing a tango as it starts - again we'll have to sack the driver. Great bit of steam up. This is the first BR45 produced by Märklin, therefore it hasn't got all the bells and whistles that the latest edition has. And some more bananas!!!!!

And now coming in and letting off some more steam.

hope you enjoyed it as much as we didWub Wub Wub Wub

Edited by user 31 May 2016 06:46:01(UTC)  | Reason: changed title

Dusan V
'I find your lack of faith (in Märklin) disturbing'
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by DV
Offline Chris6382chris  
#2 Posted : 16 August 2011 07:08:21(UTC)
Chris6382chris

United States   
Thanks for the videos. Great to see and really enjoyed it.

Chris
Offline nevw  
#3 Posted : 16 August 2011 07:10:42(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
Great going big banana.
wonderful.

nn

PS We are a lazy mob in Brisbane.

NOt wearing the Pink Pinny, which is hard to see and now I have a white Pinny which also is hard to see against MY pure white Skin Still have 2 new shiny tin Hips that is badly in Need of Repair matching rusting tin shoulders
and a hose pipe on the aorta
Junior member of the Banana Club, a reformist and an old Goat with a Bad memory, loafing around
Offline Ian555  
#4 Posted : 16 August 2011 08:32:05(UTC)
Ian555

Scotland   
Hi B2,

Great video's, thanks for sharing them with us. ThumpUp

Strangely, I was drawn to the banana wagons. Wink Smile

B1.

Offline Renato  
#5 Posted : 16 August 2011 09:02:41(UTC)
Renato

Italy   
Hi Dusan,

Thanks for the videos, I enjoyed them very much.

I liked mostly the Big Boy and the Br103.

Cheers

Renato
Offline ac jacko  
#6 Posted : 16 August 2011 10:24:53(UTC)
ac jacko

A great night and hope to see a few more clubs post some video on this thread too Cool
Offline SNAFU  
#7 Posted : 16 August 2011 13:22:06(UTC)
SNAFU

Australia   
Well done guys. I hope to make it to the club soon I hope. Till then keep on steaming.
Tony
Curiosity hasn't killed this cat yet.
Offline Nielsenr  
#8 Posted : 16 August 2011 18:11:57(UTC)
Nielsenr

United States   
Great videos!!

Robert
Offline steventrain  
#9 Posted : 16 August 2011 18:27:05(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Excellent.ThumpUp
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
Offline ricky  
#10 Posted : 16 August 2011 18:35:02(UTC)
ricky

Great videos! ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp Thanks for posting! Cool

Cheers,
Ricky Smile

PS Is it SASPAN or SAPSAN? I thought I read "cancan" on the side of the train, which in cyrillic alphabet reads "sapsan", and not cancan like "french cancan!" LOL
Offline DV  
#11 Posted : 17 August 2011 00:30:04(UTC)
DV

Australia   
Ricky

Being of Serbian extraction I can read some Cyrillic, but to be sure I checked with Wikipedia and this is what they wrote -

'Sapsan (Russian Сапсан, "Peregrine Falcon", known as Velaro RUS EVS by Siemens) is a 1,520 mm (4 ft 11 5⁄6 in) gauge high speed train in Russia. The design is part of the Siemens Velaro family.'

In other words it's basically just another ICE3 but in different colours. Although ac jacko did comment that the red contraption underneath at the front could be a snow plow.........'jeeze I'd hate to hit the snow at 200 km/h!!!!!!!!!!!!!'BigGrin BigGrin LOL LOL

B1 (Ian)

I did have you in mind when I ran the 221 and 45.

By the way how's the vegemite holding up? Need more?BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin
Dusan V
Offline Webmaster  
#12 Posted : 17 August 2011 20:57:25(UTC)
Webmaster

Great videos...ThumpUp

But guys, you have a problem - coach #3 in the E103 train is on fire inside... Is it the kitchen/diner coach with cooks overdoing it or what? BigGrin
Juhan - "Webmaster", at your service...
He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. He who does not ask a question remains a fool forever. [Old Chinese Proverb]
Offline DV  
#13 Posted : 18 August 2011 00:20:54(UTC)
DV

Australia   
Not often you're right, but you're wrong againBigGrin Flapper LOL

That's not a fire, they're welding sides to all the tables to stop the dishes from falling offSmile. They saw the Top Gear episode where the boys created a car train and poor old Hamster lost all his cooking utensils, food and (as usual)started a fireTongue Tongue Tongue
Dusan V
Offline Webmaster  
#14 Posted : 18 August 2011 20:07:17(UTC)
Webmaster

Ahh... Inspired welders setting fire to it, that explains it... "How hard can it be ?..."... BigGrin
Thought Gordon Ramsay had a bad day.... LOL
Juhan - "Webmaster", at your service...
He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. He who does not ask a question remains a fool forever. [Old Chinese Proverb]
Offline Piggy  
#15 Posted : 18 August 2011 22:11:32(UTC)
Piggy

Australia   
Great videos, I sure enjoyed watching themThumpUp
Regards
Kenneth
CS1 update - K & C tracks - German Era 3B & 4, with some Swiss and Austrian visitors. - My Layout
Offline DV  
#16 Posted : 30 December 2011 00:03:03(UTC)
DV

Australia   
A few more videos from club running night to club running day - actually our Christmas break up.

One member brought his Polizei set and we all got to enjoy the ( Cursing ) siren.

Then a few members wanted to run their analogue trains on the old club layout. Here's a nice collection.

The layout is from the Märklin 'Das Gleisplanbuch' - 'Tribsach - Mitten in Schwarzwald' is the name of the layout and is shown on page 47

The cream and red engine is a Piko model, not too sure what it is but I do remember trying to run it digitally and not being able to register it on the CS2 as it wouldn't recognise the address.

And finally some of the members of our august club which could attend the Christmas break up.

The first person you see is the wife of a passed on member, she still likes to attend and share the company of her late husbands Märklin friends. The next one is Jeff, our youngest member (to be), next is the 'Great Ralph' - our font of information. Then it's 'Bob' - member of this site as well, then it's Alan, also a member of this site - RetroTrains, and finaly the gentleman trying to get away from the camera our one and only ac jacko - Dale.

Dusan V
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by DV
Offline ac jacko  
#17 Posted : 30 December 2011 02:46:32(UTC)
ac jacko

LOL Your getting good with the vid's dusan Cool Young geoff will be joining in 2012 ;),so another "young Blood". Your new shunting yards you have added are looking great as well so this will require a video update on this next time too
Offline mattj70  
#18 Posted : 30 December 2011 02:51:25(UTC)
mattj70

United States   
wonderful club layout would be nice to be a part of that!
Offline 5HorizonsRR  
#19 Posted : 30 December 2011 04:14:52(UTC)
5HorizonsRR

United States   
Dusan- wonderful club layout and videos! Many thanks for sharing!
SBB Era 2-5
Offline river6109  
#20 Posted : 30 December 2011 04:34:10(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square
Originally Posted by: ac jacko Go to Quoted Post
LOL Your getting good with the vid's dusan Cool Young geoff will be joining in 2012 ;),so another "young Blood". Your new shunting yards you have added are looking great as well so this will require a video update on this next time too

I can't see your locos there Dale !
https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode
Offline cookee_nz  
#21 Posted : 30 December 2011 05:17:11(UTC)
cookee_nz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: MMRCSA Go to Quoted Post
A few more videos from club running night to club running day - actually our Christmas break up.

One member brought his Polizei set and we all got to enjoy the ( Cursing ) siren.

Then a few members wanted to run their analogue trains on the old club layout. Here's a nice collection.

The layout is from the Märklin 'Das Gleisplanbuch' - 'Tribsach - Mitten in Schwarzwald' is the name of the layout and is shown on page 47

The cream and red engine is a Piko model, not too sure what it is but I do remember trying to run it digitally and not being able to register it on the CS2 as it wouldn't recognise the address.

And finally some of the members of our august club which could attend the Christmas break up.

The first person you see is the wife of a passed on member, she still likes to attend and share the company of her late husbands Märklin friends. The next one is Jeff, our youngest member (to be), next is the 'Great Ralph' - our font of information. Then it's 'Bob' - member of this site as well, then it's Alan, also a member of this site - RetroTrains, and finaly the gentleman trying to get away from the camera our one and only ac jacko - Dale.

Wow I missed this post first time round, glad to see it bumped up again. Could be good reason to make a trip across to visit sometime. The beginnings of your club are remarkably similar to those of the MMRC in Wellington, first the founder's home, then various places including Church Halls until finally our own rooms, now on to our second (and hopefully last) clubrooms.

I'm especially touched that your late member's wife likes to attend in her husband's memory, that is pretty cool - but, surely she and the late member are deserving of a name each?? Did she keep the trains, does she run them or are there children or grandchildren who might continue the interest within the family??

Cheers

Steve
Melbourne
Cookee
Wellington
NZ image
Offline Ian555  
#22 Posted : 30 December 2011 07:02:11(UTC)
Ian555

Scotland   
Hi Dusan,

Enjoyed watching your video's, great space for your club layouts. ThumpUp

Ian.

Offline DV  
#23 Posted : 30 December 2011 07:31:13(UTC)
DV

Australia   
Steve (Cookee),

as a matter of fact the grandson is a member of this site as well - applor from Brisbane- and that's his 'Oma' -grandmother.

Her name is Gerda and her husband - Gerhard - was along time member of the club and received his life membership a few years ago.

Wonderful lady who loves to attend and look after us 'boys'.
Dusan V
Offline cookee_nz  
#24 Posted : 30 December 2011 08:35:29(UTC)
cookee_nz

New Zealand   
Steve (Cookee),

as a matter of fact the grandson is a member of this site as well - applor from Brisbane- and that's his 'Oma' -grandmother.

Her name is Gerda and her husband - Gerhard - was along time member of the club and received his life membership a few years ago.

Wonderful lady who loves to attend and look after us 'boys'.

Excellant, sounds like she's a 'keeper' as they say BigGrin ThumpUp

Cheers

Steve
Cookee
Wellington
NZ image
Offline ac jacko  
#25 Posted : 02 January 2012 11:31:45(UTC)
ac jacko

Originally Posted by: river6109 Go to Quoted Post

There is some on Dusan's Vide camera somewhere BigGrin
Offline steventrain  
#26 Posted : 02 January 2012 16:03:27(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Excellent video.ThumpUp
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
Offline DV  
#27 Posted : 04 January 2012 03:46:05(UTC)
DV

Australia   

There is some on Dusan's Video camera somewhere BigGrin

You asked for it John and Dale is correct, I found them on my video camera.Flapper

The first one is BR53 Borsig.

Couple of things to notice. Only one smoke unit is working, even though there are two workable ones.Confused Blink And have a close look at the front valves........something definately amiss there.OhMyGod Sad

The second and third videos are of the Red BR03

The short video all was going good until it stopped suddenly, due, to we think, the shoe getting caught on the track jointConfused Confused Confused Confused

The next one is a bit better.BigGrin

And finally the BR18

Camera work ain't the bestCrying Blushing Blink Sad ...but it will get betterThumpUp Smile

Dusan V
Offline SNAFU  
#28 Posted : 04 January 2012 08:19:33(UTC)
SNAFU

Australia   
Great vids Dusan

From what I can pick out the club rooms are coming on great.
I wish I could come up and help more often, but I have to get vintage out the way first.
Regards to all club members
Tony
Offline Ian555  
#29 Posted : 04 January 2012 08:34:53(UTC)
Ian555

Scotland   
Hi Dusan,

The BR03 looks and sounds wonderful. ThumpUp

Ian.

Offline river6109  
#30 Posted : 04 January 2012 10:24:16(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Congratulations, your layout looks great and these locos sound just right.

Nothing was mentioned with the 2nd smoke unit (BR 53) but will look into it, the front gearing was loose and was fixed and unfortunately we didn't see the gearlight (3089) and smokebox light on either loco. I'm sure there will be more videos on their way.

The 3084 and 3085 are coming along nicely and waiting for the conversion sets to arrive.
I just couldn't get the programming right by using the ESU perm. magnet and I used all the recommendations and programming hints ESU has listed.

I'll ask the question on the ESU forum and see if there is something I've missed.

Thanks for the videos and it is nice to see the locos running.
What was wrong with the 03, it suddendly stopped ?

regards.,

John
Offline DV  
#31 Posted : 04 January 2012 10:29:25(UTC)
DV

Australia   

Nothing was mentioned with the 2nd smoke unit (BR 53) but will look into it, the front gearing was loose and was fixed and unfortunately we didn't see the gearlight (3089) and smokebox light on either loco. I'm sure there will be more videos on their way.

The 3084 and 3085 are coming along nicely and waiting for the conversion sets to arrive.
I just couldn't get the programming right by using the ESU perm. magnet and I used all the recommendations and programming hints ESU has listed.

I'll ask the question on the ESU forum and see if there is something I've missed.

regards.,

John

John,

it wasn't the loco, it was something to do with the track work. We cleaned the tracks and points in that area and it had no problems after that.
Dusan V
Offline ac jacko  
#32 Posted : 05 January 2012 05:48:24(UTC)
ac jacko

regards.,

John

John,

it wasn't the loco, it was something to do with the track work. We cleaned the tracks and points in that area and it had no problems after that.

Thanks Dusan for uploading the vids Cool

With regards to the BR53,the double smoke unit worked ok, the big boy of Alan W one was the issue on that day and as John has mentioned has fixed the front pistion issue BigGrin

As for the tender box lights., still no luck on those at home but with the MS2 being limited, this might be the issue.

Edited by user 06 January 2012 04:15:23(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline utkan  
#33 Posted : 05 January 2012 11:21:06(UTC)
utkan

Turkey   
Great moviesThumpUp ThumpUp
Do unto others, as you would have them do unto you...
Offline GG1 Fan  
#34 Posted : 07 January 2012 00:54:33(UTC)
GG1 Fan

These vids make me want to sell most of my analog trains and track and go DIGITAL. The sound adds a fantastic dimension to model RR.
Offline river6109  
#35 Posted : 07 January 2012 03:33:42(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Originally Posted by: GG1 Fan Go to Quoted Post
These vids make me want to sell most of my analog trains and track and go DIGITAL. The sound adds a fantastic dimension to model RR.

Just keep following the leader and God will reward you, I agree with you the sound is like heaven.LOL

By the way, convert your locos to digital and you can stay with analog, the sound is activated the moment the loco is in motion and you can have random sounds aswell.

John
Offline DV  
#36 Posted : 15 January 2012 02:06:31(UTC)
DV

Australia   
At the request of Armando & Kimball, their two items were given a run last Friday night.

First video is the Märklin 37803 (purchased from Armando by Dusan) pulling the Märklin 42990 & 42991 TEE sets (purchased from Kimball by Dale)

The second video is a trail night time shot (inspired by Mehmet).

As you can see, this time I didn't follow the trainFlapper BigGrin RollEyes Smile Tongue Wink

Whether a V200 ever pulled such a train I cannot answer, but they sure looked good.Woot ThumpUp Flapper LOL

Many thanks Armando and Kimball from two very great full membersThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp
Dusan V
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by DV
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#37 Posted : 15 January 2012 02:48:39(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: cookee_nz Go to Quoted Post
Wow I missed this post first time round, glad to see it bumped up again. Could be good reason to make a trip across to visit sometime. The beginnings of your club are remarkably similar to those of the MMRC in Wellington, first the founder's home, then various places including Church Halls until finally our own rooms, now on to our second (and hopefully last) clubrooms.

Cookee's got that right, your club's beginnings sounds remarkably like ours!

Great to see! I especially like how long your modular layout is, and it's great to see the V200 pulling the Tee train - both favourites of mine.
Offline ac jacko  
#38 Posted : 15 January 2012 04:06:24(UTC)
ac jacko

Excellent Speilberg, er I mean Dusan BigGrin
Offline DV  
#39 Posted : 15 January 2012 04:36:53(UTC)
DV

Australia   
Excellent Speilberg, er I mean Dusan BigGrin

Flapper Flapper Flapper Flapper Flapper Flapper Flapper Flapper
Dusan V
Offline SNAFU  
#40 Posted : 15 January 2012 07:19:09(UTC)
SNAFU

Australia   
Hi Dusan

Awesome videos. I see the layout is growing a few extra modules.
Bravo!
Tony
Offline Ian555  
#41 Posted : 15 January 2012 07:39:48(UTC)
Ian555

Scotland   
Hi Dusan,

Great video's. ThumpUp

Ian.

Offline Johnvr  
#42 Posted : 15 January 2012 08:39:33(UTC)
Johnvr

South Africa   
Great videos and super sound.
I really enjoyed the BR53 loco with the sound chuffing.

Can you please indicate to me whether you construct modules and join them together to form your layout ?
Do members build their own modules and bring them along for running nights ?
Or in your new premises have you fastened them all together permanently ?

Regards,BigGrin
John
Offline DV  
#43 Posted : 15 January 2012 09:08:56(UTC)
DV

Australia   
Originally Posted by: Johnvr Go to Quoted Post
Great videos and super sound.
I really enjoyed the BR53 loco with the sound chuffing.

Can you please indicate to me whether you construct modules and join them together to form your layout ?
Do members build their own modules and bring them along for running nights ?
Or in your new premises have you fastened them all together permanently ?

Regards,BigGrin
John

G'day John

My original post Modular Layout explaining how it got started.....one day I'll finish the postBigGrin. With your question I just might get off my big a..e and finish itLOL

Members can build their own modules, but I seem to be the only one doing itBigGrin

Since we acquired new club rooms it is set up permanently, but is taken apart each June long weekend (here in Australia) to our annual exhibition, and then reassembled once the exhibition is over. It is very portable as I have also built containers to carry the modules. It takes us one hour to get them together and trains running. Longer to take apart as there is more to storeBlink

I got the idea and dimensions from ETE and the Auckland Märklin club and massaged them to suit us.

I have added seven extra modules to make the layout 10m x 4m and added a fiddle yard. It took me about four hours to do the extra modules as I had a production line going as I had all pieces pre-cut and pre-drilled.

That's about it in a nutshellBigGrin
Dusan V
Offline Armando  
#44 Posted : 15 January 2012 16:17:46(UTC)
Armando

United States   
Hi Dusan,

Thanks for posting these awesome videos!!!!
What a nice collection of trains!
BTW, what are the road numbers on the two BR 221?
Cheers,
Best regards,
Armando García

Offline utkan  
#45 Posted : 15 January 2012 16:56:16(UTC)
utkan

Turkey   
Great shots,Dusan....ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp
Do unto others, as you would have them do unto you...
Offline steventrain  
#46 Posted : 15 January 2012 21:12:29(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Excellent video, Dusan.
Offline NZMarklinist  
#47 Posted : 09 February 2012 02:32:51(UTC)
NZMarklinist

New Zealand   
Just found this topic, very well done Dusan BigGrin
And your club members Unsure ThumpUp
Glen
Auckland NZ

" Every Marklin layout needs a V200, a Railbus and a Banana car", not to mention a few Black and red Steamers, oh and the odd Elok !

CS1 Reloaded, Touch Cab, C Track Modules, K track layout all under construction. Currently Insider
Offline DV  
#48 Posted : 12 February 2012 04:17:48(UTC)
DV

Australia   
Finally received the three carriage 43117 add on set, so naturally had to give it a run.

And now a night time run.....if you like looking at square lights running aroundLaugh LOL Flapper

Now a video for Kimball. The 39195 E91 with the passenger carriages 43237 and 43238 which were purchased recently by me from Kimball. They have found a good homeBigGrin

Edited by user 13 February 2012 04:13:01(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Dusan V
Offline steventrain  
#49 Posted : 12 February 2012 08:26:29(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Great video.ThumpUp

No members there?
Offline DV  
#50 Posted : 13 February 2012 01:01:47(UTC)
DV

Australia   
Originally Posted by: steventrain Go to Quoted Post
Great video.ThumpUp

No members there?

No Stephen, I got there much earlier so that I could run my stuff before the others arrived with theirsLaugh
Dusan V