Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline kariosls37  
#51 Posted : 25 November 2013 21:39:24(UTC)
kariosls37

New Zealand   
The provided seats were pretty rough and one sided. The seats in Tainui are reversible so I filed the correct contour into the backs of the seats, then made the appropriate sides(wood for the end ones, steel for the rest) from styrene sheet. I have a two-part method to simulating varnished wood: First I paint it with a sand yellow(Hu 94) and the next day I mix a dark-ish, red brown tint, and then mix it 50:50 with clear varnish. Paint it on and make sure you leave the brushstrokes. What you see here is a pretty quick and rough job because I didn't want to put too much time into it as you won't see much of it once the top is on anyway. It does come pretty close to the colours you woud find on the real thing.

The guard's compartment also got some detailing. The interior's far from complete, but it does represent the real interior quite nicely. The stove is simply the top of a bic pen sanded smooth and cut to length. Because I was feeling lazy and didn't want to spend too much time on the interior, everything was hand painted over two evenings.

It only took me a few evenings to do and it looks the part through the windows. All in all much more fun than the study I was also doing...

Cheers,
Rick
kariosls37 attached the following image(s):
Tainui_16.JPG
Tainui_17.JPG
Tainui_18.JPG
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kariosls37
Offline kariosls37  
#52 Posted : 01 December 2013 09:47:29(UTC)
kariosls37

New Zealand   
Once the interior was done, the roof could go on. The roof was too short by about 3mm, so it was cut in two before being glued on. A bit of filler was then used to fill the gap. With the roof on the rest of the details were made up and attached, finishing off the car.

Cheers,
Rick
kariosls37 attached the following image(s):
Tainui_22.JPG
Tainui_23.JPG
Tainui_24.JPG
Tainui_25.JPG
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kariosls37