Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

13 Pages«<34567>»
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline mike c  
#201 Posted : 17 November 2012 19:15:33(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
I guess that it is possible that Hag knew about the design earlier and that production had already begun prior to the official unveiling of the lok, so that the model would come out shortly after the prototype was announced. We already knew that the 1997 150th Anniversary models had been planned in advance and that a couple of last minute changes by the SBB caused nightmares for Hag and it's management and designers.

Regards

Mike C
Offline Jeremy Palmer  
#202 Posted : 19 November 2012 14:15:29(UTC)
Jeremy Palmer

Barbados   
Gents,

I sent a note to HAG asking for details on the availability of the Transalpin. I got a most polite note
from Jeannette Ureck.

See below:

"Thank you for your mail. I am glad that you are a fan HAG.
I have attached a photo of “Alptransit”. For the supply of
Models we can give no appointments.
We have plenty of work for the new HAG organization".

Seems like the future of HAG is in good hands, I wish the Urechs' all the best.

Jeremy.

Jeremy.

1). If at first you don't succeed, bungee jumping mightn't be for you.
2). The early bird may get the worm, but it's the second rat that gets the cheese.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Jeremy Palmer
Offline jvuye  
#203 Posted : 05 February 2013 11:51:41(UTC)
jvuye

Belgium   
Hello Friends

I just returned from a 3-day visit to the Toy Fair in Nürnberg where I had
the pleasure to have a long nice conversation with HAG's new owner, Mr
Heinz Urech.

Essentially I think we must be re-assured that he and his team are really
committed to bring HAG back to a prominent position in the market, both
technically and commercially.

Deliveries to dealers have started again...and that is going to be the only
way to get HAG products in the future.
Also (spare) parts deliveries to dealers have taken place again, so do not
hesitate to contact your favorite dealer, things will be back to "normal"
there too.

He understands the difficulty of competing on the international market,
penalized that he is for the moment with the very strong Swiss franc..but
will work hard to create conditions for importers and dealers to offer
attractive conditions.

Besides the products already announced in the New Item prospectus, I
understand that there will be progressively upgrade boards for *all of the
existing HAG locos*.

So we will all have an opportunity to re-visit our collections and bring
them up to date with state of the art cabling and LED lights: this will allow
to materialize all the typical aspects of SBB white/red head- and
taillights + cab lighting, etc.

I saw the version of the boards destined for the RE 421 "Lion" and found
the solution to be really smart: gone are the finicky contact fingers
that were so hard to adjust.
There is one little board with a 21 pin MTC connector, to be installed on
the chassis, and a second board with the LEDs + circuitry to be mounted
under the roof of the loco,(where the old board used to be).
The two are connected with a multi-wire flat-cable, but a connector allows
the separation of chassis and body, simplifying interventions.

I suggested maybe to also include an 8 pin NEM plug as well as solder pads
to accommodate older decoders on the little chassis board: this would make
it possible to upgrade our locos' lighting without having to go to the
additional expense of a new decoder.

I also saw the raw injection sample of the body parts for the upcoming
Ee2/2 tractor/switcher.
Very nice I'd say!
The walls are nicely thin, which will confer a very realistic aspect to
the finished product.

I am enthused with what I saw and heard, mostly by Mr Urech enthusiasm and
determination...and thus came back re-assured on the future of our
favourite brand.

Now it is probably time for us to support the "New- HAG" with our business??

Cheers!
Jacques Vuye aka Dr.Eisenbahn
Once a vandal, learned to be better and had great success!
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by jvuye
Offline mike c  
#204 Posted : 05 February 2013 19:47:12(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
It would seem to me that the future of Hag as a viable business must include models that have an international appeal beyond that of exclusively Swiss locomotives. The Re 460/465 does offer Norwegian, Finnish and Chinese models. There were various international locomotive designs inspired by or using parts derived from Swiss loks, including the BLS Ae 4/4, SBB Re 4/4I, Re 4/4II, Ae 6/6 and others in Norway, Romania and other countries.
It was announced a few years back that Hag would manufacture models of the Traxx series. It was then announced that this project was cancelled, then restarted and apparently cancelled again. To date, other than Maerklin's Hobby line, there are no metal models of this locomotive series. The existing models from ACME, Fleischmann, LSM (ACME), Roco and Trix all have plastic bodies. I would think that there would be a number of modellers outside of the traditional Swiss market who might be interested in having a metal (non-Hobby) version of their favorite models.
If Hag wants to continue with Swiss prototypes, I would look to the market to see where Hag could expand their business and make models that customers would be likely to choose Hag over other companies. I would look at the existing models and decide which models I could make a better model of. The models that I would target would be the NPZ, Flirt and Kiss. Hag models of those prototypes could be realized in a quality that would probably generate very reasonable sales and would allow Hag to also make international variants of those models.
The other possibility that I could see as an option would be to partner with another company, in the same way that RailTop was originally connected with LS Models, so that Hag could offer Swiss versions of that company's products and potentially bring it's motorization and electronic technology, including the manufacture of AC models to brands that have not typically marketed to the AC market.
I am not sure that I could see Hag cooperating with one of the large corporate manufacturers (Bachmann or Hornby), but rather with one or more of the smaller companies.
For example, working with Tillig would provide Hag with a source for coaches for the Re 450 and Re 420 LION locomotives and Hag would be a natural partner for the heavy Schlieren coaches. Other manufacturers could offer similar benefits for other projects. We will have to see what the future brings.

Regards

Mike C
Offline jvuye  
#205 Posted : 06 February 2013 08:45:28(UTC)
jvuye

Belgium   
Originally Posted by: mike c Go to Quoted Post
It would seem to me that the future of Hag as a viable business must include models that have an international appeal beyond that of exclusively Swiss locomotives. The Re 460/465 does offer Norwegian, Finnish and Chinese models. There were various international locomotive designs inspired by or using parts derived from Swiss loks, including the BLS Ae 4/4, SBB Re 4/4I, Re 4/4II, Ae 6/6 and others in Norway, Romania and other countries....

...The models that I would target would be the NPZ, Flirt and Kiss. Hag models of those prototypes could be realized in a quality that would probably generate very reasonable sales and would allow Hag to also make international variants of those models....

....I am not sure that I could see Hag cooperating with one of the large corporate manufacturers (Bachmann or Hornby), but rather with one or more of the smaller companies....

Hi Mike and all

We briefly touched upon that subject. He understands that if he wants to expand in other markets, he will have to come up with other models.
What to build for e.g. France, Belgium, Germany, Italy or Holland that would fill a gap left by other manufacturers? (I know you could write books on this subject...BigGrin )
There are still also a number of Swiss prototypes that deserve a nice, well engineered HO reproduction.
A Be 4/7 "Grande Sécheron" comes to mind (pure speculation on my part!)
In any case for the next few months, he has a challenge to rebuild the business flow...and has his work cut out for him!

Cheers
Jacques Vuye aka Dr.Eisenbahn
Once a vandal, learned to be better and had great success!
Offline river6109  
#206 Posted : 13 February 2013 01:47:37(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square
Hi all,

any business that sufferes interruptions, either going broke or on the verge, new owners have to be well aware which way they're going to go, there is room out there but the question is what do customers want, to make it a successful story you have to put a lot of money into it and if you don't and you just kepp on producing the same lines as before you may survive if you kepp your costs down.
as others have mentioned various models could be produced and this is where the future starts to split into different avenues. should it be older locos from a bygone era, a mix of old and new.
I could be wrong but I get the feeling, a lot of HAG customers had been collectors hence the endless production of different roadnumbers to keep collectors interested or maybe the slight variations over the years a loco has experienced.
For me to be interested in buying HAG locos or rollingstock, the price would have to come down or I would look at the option buying a second hand loco at a good price.
One can be a modeltrain enthusiast but suddenly changing your hat and become an astute business person can resolve in a disaster and money is not going to fix it.
One has to have the right product mix and this vision has to be extended for more than a year, whether or not communications with the SBB or BLS should take place about new designed locos and they would have the edge over other producers what is in the pipeline, withother words when a new prototype loco is presented the HAG factory is also ready for its release.
There is still the secret about what's going to be next year and the reason behind or most probably, so different manufacturers don't come out with the same model (which still can happen) by pre announcing what you are going to get.
When looking at past production of SBB models we can comfortable say, the Ae 3/6, the Re 6/6, Re 4/4, Ae 8/14, to a certain extend, Ae 6/6, Ae , Be, Ce 6/8, Re 460, Re 465 have been produced in vast numbers, so one can ask the question is it demand or is it just supply to get the maximum return from an outlay and one can say some models had the success from both aspects.
the production of these models apparently hasn't stopped, with different gadgets being added each year so this or next year we will see locos with cab control.
It also looks like manufacturers can saturate the market with the same model and don't seem to have any backlash.

another variation I question, does a model need 4 motors, e.g.BLS Ae 8/8, unless the loco weight is 2kg you not going to gain much from 4 motors as from 2 motors.
besides all this my way of thinking would be to introduce bygone models with a mix of new or existing models.
I can't see the sense of following into the footsteps of Fulgarex or other small Swiss model manufacturers.

John
https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode
Offline pn  
#207 Posted : 13 February 2013 20:01:33(UTC)
pn

Portugal   
Hi,

There's a new items brochure available at HAG's web site that allow us getting some insights on what their short term plans are.

You can find it at: http://www.hag.ch/hag2013.pdf

I'm far from being an expert in HAG's range of models Wink but the content of the brochure seems to go to a great extent along the same line of Swiss models HAG has been producing so far (Re 460, Re 420, Re 4/4, Re 4/4 II, Re 6/6). New I see e.g. a SBB Rangierlok Ee 922 and the SBB S-Bahn set.

As other members already mentioned, maybe the new flavors and variants of the traditional models will bring some surprises inside such as new lighting (LED), a new circuit board,... I guess we will have to wait and see.

Regards,
Pedro
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by pn
Offline mbarreto  
#208 Posted : 13 February 2013 22:07:50(UTC)
mbarreto

Portugal   

Hi all,

After looking at this thread, I was looking better at the HAG range of products and the Ae6/6 seems something really good, although the price seems also impressive high...
Best regards,
Miguel
Mostly Märklin H0.

Offline Unholz  
#209 Posted : 24 February 2013 15:25:36(UTC)
Unholz

Switzerland   
A video showing a consist with two LION Re 4/4 II (one heading, one at the rear) on HAG's test layout has just been published by the company here:

http://www.facebook.com/...eo.php?v=575117075841358

However, to be able to view it your computer must be equipped with Adobe's Flash Player software.
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by Unholz
Offline Unholz  
#210 Posted : 30 March 2013 17:56:55(UTC)
Unholz

Switzerland   
Sorry for the cross-posting from the HAG Yahoo group, but perhaps some of the following news might also be of interest to the members of this community.

The Swiss on-line dealer EYRO of Interlaken ( http://www.eyro.ch/ ) came up with the great idea of holding their annual news presentation for customers at the HAG production facility at Stans today. Many models coming up from various brands were shown either on screen or in the form of samples.

HAG owner Mr. Heinz Urech offered the participants a guided tour of the assembly rooms and openly spoke about current and future developments. Some excerpts:

- Approximately 400 LION Re 420 units have been ordered, some of which have hit the dealers' shelves recently. A second batch is being prepared. Interested customers should order soon because some time will elapse before a possible third series can be considered.

- The light configuration of the LIONs will be modified according to the newest SBB prototype regulations (only one red tail light on the lower right).

- Customers already owning a LION Re 420 with two red tail lights can send it to the factory where the lighting will be adapted to the new prototype scheme free of charge.

- HAG are no longer painting the body shells of their rolling stock themselves but will have this done by a specialized partner in the vicinity of Stans. I was impressed by the quality of some samples Mr. Urech showed us - very good work!

- The Ee 922 shunter with the nickname "Papamobile" should appear at the end of this year. 400 locos have been pre-ordered, but Mr. Urech hopes for many more because the price will be much lower than for any other current HAG loco (between 350 and 400 CHF).

- The future lighting of the Re 460/465 models will enable the "danger warning" with three red headlights. A gimmick, sure - but why not? Wink

- A surprise for the celebration "100 years of the BLS line" this summer will be announced at short notice.

- The year 2014 will bring us something special for HAG's 70th birthday.

- HAG's new home page should see birth in about four weeks, and a new catalogue is planned for after the summer holidays.

- And last but not least: HAG will continue to market custom-made models for individual birthdays, anniversaries, celebrations, etc. and try to fulfill all sensible wishes. The only two conditions are: Orders for such models have to be placed with an official dealer, and all arising extra costs have to be paid for.

Regards, Stefan
thanks 8 users liked this useful post by Unholz
Offline mike c  
#211 Posted : 30 March 2013 23:20:38(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
I'm a little confused about the red taillight thing. Can you please elaborate on what the current regulations. I have seen two red at the tail end of Pendelzuege (Re 460 EWIV/IC2000 and Re 4/4II with NPZ/Regio EWI/II).
When would a pushing lok have one red or two reds?

Thanks for elaborating.

Regards

Mike C
Offline jcrtrains  
#212 Posted : 31 March 2013 00:27:05(UTC)
jcrtrains

Canada   
At the end of the day, volumes of units is a significant factor in a firms success. The preorder volumes for both the Lion and E922 seem low (400). Is this the normal level? Do we know average pre-order volumes for Marklin?

Offline Unholz  
#213 Posted : 31 March 2013 07:25:36(UTC)
Unholz

Switzerland   
I'm a little confused about the red taillight thing. Can you please elaborate on what the current regulations. I have seen two red at the tail end of Pendelzuege (Re 460 EWIV/IC2000 and Re 4/4II with NPZ/Regio EWI/II).
When would a pushing lok have one red or two reds?

Mike, this lighting issue has been the source of almost endless discussions recently in the forums. One member, Markus (Guerbetaler), has explained it as follows:

Quote:
The LIONs lighting hasn't to do with new regulations, only with the SBB-way to apply federal regulations. ;-)

The regulations are, as before, that one OR two red lights must be shown. I don't know why SBB decided for the LIONs to change to one red light. With introduction of ETCS there was a general change from one to two red lights on SBB vehicles, while some rolling stock of private railways had used two red lights for 50 years now.

Thus it is important for modellers to know that both are formally correct, one or two red lights. It depends on the type of rolling stock and on the operator if one or two red lights are shown in real life.

However, it is also a fact that in the cab of the prototype LION Re 420's there is a manual switch device that no longer enables two red lights to be illuminated, so there also seems to be some technical reason for the confusion.

As to production volumes, one can't really compare HAG (currently boasting a total staff of approx. 7 to 10 members) with the large Marklin enterprise, and thus production batches of 500 to 1,000 units can be considered as standard for HAG nowadays.
Offline jcrtrains  
#214 Posted : 07 May 2013 03:52:52(UTC)
jcrtrains

Canada   
Just enjoying my new Lion that has arrived. Very nice as always. The new lighting is excellent. Also a BLS Nina inexplicably jumped into the same box from Switzerland. Good way to finish a Monday.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by jcrtrains
Offline Jeremy Palmer  
#215 Posted : 02 July 2013 13:03:02(UTC)
Jeremy Palmer

Barbados   
Two more items for me, I never had a Cargo Lok and the Voralpen suits my fondness for all things colourful....
Jeremy Palmer attached the following image(s):
Re 6-6.JPG
Voralpen Express.JPG
Jeremy.

2). The early bird may get the worm, but it's the second rat that gets the cheese.
Offline Unholz  
#216 Posted : 02 July 2013 13:23:35(UTC)
Unholz

Switzerland   
Congratulations, Jeremy - this particular Cargo Re 620 is one of a limited series for a dealer and not easy to find. Smile ThumpUp

But both are DC - are you really in the correct forum here? Flapper
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Unholz
Offline Jeremy Palmer  
#217 Posted : 02 July 2013 14:02:16(UTC)
Jeremy Palmer

Barbados   
Good Afternoon Mr. Stefan!!,

Not sure I should be here at allThumbDown ThumbDown .....

My enthusiasm has had a hit recently as my treasured hope for a modest train room is really delayed. Note that I put the train room ahead of my
office as it is indeed part of that enterprise!! Site is now cleared, tenders go out soon and maybe I should be in next Easter. Here is a piccy of the
site with some external works underway.

All will be well I am sure.

Jeremy.
Jeremy.

Offline 5HorizonsRR  
#218 Posted : 02 July 2013 18:48:55(UTC)
5HorizonsRR

United States   
Originally Posted by: Unholz Go to Quoted Post
Congratulations, Jeremy - this particular Cargo Re 620 is one of a limited series for a dealer and not easy to find. Smile ThumpUp

Stefan,

As the holder of a second (identical) RE 620, (BigGrin ) I am curious what the story is behind it? I know it is rare, but wasn't sure why?

Jeremy- I wonder where all of these are coming from? Cool BigGrin LOL
SBB Era 2-5
Offline Jeremy Palmer  
#219 Posted : 02 July 2013 22:33:13(UTC)
Jeremy Palmer

Barbados   
Originally Posted by: 5HorizonsRR Go to Quoted Post

Stefan,

As the holder of a second (identical) RE 620, (BigGrin ) I am curious what the story is behind it? I know it is rare, but wasn't sure why?

Jeremy- I wonder where all of these are coming from? Cool BigGrin LOL

Hi JP,

1). I noticed Stefan's comment and you beat moi to the question - thanks!!!
2). Switzerland?

J.

Jeremy.

Offline mike c  
#220 Posted : 02 July 2013 23:28:34(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Very nice. I have the "Bischofszell" in green from Hag and from Maerklin (twice).

I already have two Hag Re 620s as well as the Maerklin one, so I think I am good for now. I may still opt for the Roco Re 10/10 just for the Re 420.

Regards

Mike C
Offline Unholz  
#221 Posted : 03 July 2013 05:47:26(UTC)
Unholz

Switzerland   
Originally Posted by: 5HorizonsRR Go to Quoted Post

Only 50 units (35 AC, 15 DC) produced in the year 2004 for the customers of the (now closed) dealer Pulsar/Swissmodell at Maerstetten. There should be a (numbered) certificate included in the box.

Offline mike c  
#222 Posted : 03 July 2013 08:36:52(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
For those who may be interested, Eyro (www.eyro.ch) is advertising a limited Era VI BLS Re 465 with sticker for the anniversary of the Loetschberg route. They are planning a total of around 40, so they may already be reserved.

Regards

Mike C
Offline Jeremy Palmer  
#223 Posted : 05 July 2013 12:19:35(UTC)
Jeremy Palmer

Barbados   
For those who may be interested, Eyro (www.eyro.ch) is advertising a limited Era VI BLS Re 465 with sticker for the anniversary of the Loetschberg route. They are planning a total of around 40, so they may already be reserved.

Regards

Mike C

Thanks for heads up Mike - I sent a note to EYRO and got a pleasant and most courteous prompt response from Herr. Eymann saying
that a few models were still available.

Jeremy.

Jeremy.

Offline Unholz  
#224 Posted : 05 July 2013 13:29:28(UTC)
Unholz

Switzerland   
Jeremy, you as the most famous HAG collector of Barbados might also want to consider buying this train which will be produced as a model by HAG: Wink

http://www.bahnonline.ch...ckzug-s-bahn-zuerich.htm
Offline Jeremy Palmer  
#225 Posted : 05 July 2013 14:31:04(UTC)
Jeremy Palmer

Barbados   
Jeremy, you as the most famous HAG collector of Barbados might also want to consider buying this train which will be produced as a model by HAG: Wink

http://www.bahnonline.ch...ckzug-s-bahn-zuerich.htm

Looks like a lot of "ouch" could be involved there - but I am a Leo...........and I do not have a bi-level
modelBigGrin BigGrin ........

Is that a "general release" model or a limited offering?

Thanks for heads up Mr. Stefan.

Jeremy.

Jeremy.

Offline mike c  
#226 Posted : 05 July 2013 20:23:22(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
For those who collect Hag, even if you don't speak German, you might want to click on the AC and DC notifications just to find out more about this Hag archive collection that Roger Suter will be posting.

http://www.suter-meggen....ag_archiv_newsletter.htm
http://www.microsofttran...ag_archiv_newsletter.htm

This is possibly the collection of somebody involved with Hag who has sold his collection to this shop or may be the company archive that was sold prior to one of the transfers of ownership. The Swiss forums are abuzz with this one. Perhaps Stefan has more information.

Regards

Mike C
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by mike c
pn
Offline Unholz  
#227 Posted : 05 July 2013 20:45:45(UTC)
Unholz

Switzerland   
It is actually the archive of the HAG Mörschwil company - or rather, what is left of the company archive. Sad It came into possession of Mr. Adolf Schoch who acquired HAG at the beginning of 2012. He would have liked to keep the items together, but there are not many collectors capable and/or willing to take over such a quantity of rolling stock.

I am in contact with Mr. Roger Suter who will reveal in detail how he plans to carry out the sale after his summer vacation.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Unholz
Offline pn  
#228 Posted : 05 July 2013 22:26:45(UTC)
pn

Portugal   
Hi,

Does anyone have more details on the lighting kits for HAG locomotives available at Eyro?
http://eyro.ch/onlineshop/index.php?cPath=52_504

Seems quite interesting to the owners of old HAG locomotives willing to upgrade to LED lighting. Any opinions from someone who might have already installed one of those?

Thanks,
Pedro
Offline pn  
#229 Posted : 05 July 2013 22:30:35(UTC)
pn

Portugal   
By the way, I've just noticed that HAG's new Web site is now available! ThumpUp

http://www.hag.ch/de/

Quite a 'face lift' compared to the previous one.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by pn
Offline Jeremy Palmer  
#230 Posted : 06 July 2013 01:30:35(UTC)
Jeremy Palmer

Barbados   
Just received this link to the BLS Centenary models from Herr. Eymann

http://eyro.ch/onlinesho...?cPath=21_27_235_309_565

Jeremy.
eyro_re465016_100.jpg
Jeremy.

Offline chrisisrang  
#231 Posted : 06 July 2013 07:13:28(UTC)
chrisisrang

For those who have been waiting anxiously for HAG IC2000 coaches, there is double good news. Starting August 2013, the complete set of IC2000 coaches will be available from HAG dealers and even better still, the cars will come factory-fitted with interior lights and Viesmann 2-pole current conducting couplers. The steuerwagen will have ESU 21-pin Leiterplatte (PCB) installed to take a ESU fx decoder to switch-on/ switch-off the lights.

The company will be introducing the new IC2000 coaches with factory-fitted lights at the price at which the coaches were available in the past without lights....Excellent news. The new management is making all the right strategic decisions to make it appealing and thrilling for HAG loyalists to stick with the company.

https://www.facebook.com...4&type=1&theater

Cheers,

Chris
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by chrisisrang
Offline Unholz  
#232 Posted : 15 August 2013 19:56:07(UTC)
Unholz

Switzerland   
As already announced by Mike C a bit further above, the dealer Mr. Roger Suter of Meggen (near Lucerne) will soon begin to sell a very large number of items formerly stored in the factory archive of the (old) HAG company at Mörschwil.

Together with a collector friend, I today had the honor and big pleasure to preview the items (perhaps I should better say goodies) that will be available. I am confident that the sale will be an interesting and memorable event for all HAG enthusiasts, may they have big or smaller budgets or may they be runners or just collectors. Wink

More information in German language is available here: http://www.suter-meggen....ag_archiv_newsletter.htm

Regards, Stefan
Offline mike c  
#233 Posted : 16 August 2013 22:03:15(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Today I noted that Roundhouse.ch has listed that the model for the Hag Excursion (HAG Reise) of 02/07/13 is now available. This model is a souvenir of the trip to the Blonay-Chamby railroad.

One thing that I noticed in the photo is that the plastic piece reproducing the airconditioning panel does not seem to be properly done.

Photo here: http://www.roundhouse.ch...11330-HAG-Reise-2012.jpg

Maybe Stefan or other members have this model and can tell us whether all models had this issue with the panel or whether the Roundhouse photo is unique?

Regards

Mike C
Offline jcrtrains  
#234 Posted : 19 August 2013 23:30:59(UTC)
jcrtrains

Canada   
Folks;

I am not sure who is following this Hag Archive sale but it is truly a blessed event. In spite of my moratorium on purchases for the remainder of the year, I sent my ultimate wish list in to Roger Suter. While the truly rare items (factory day special events) did not materialize, I did get the following reserved that I have always searched for:

195.05 HAG-Archiv EBT Re 4/4 II Solothurn 436 111-9 DC
195.08 HAG-Archiv RM Re 4/4 II Stahl Gerlafingen 436 114-3 DC
204.02 HAG-Archiv SBB Re 6/6 rot Rüti (TEE) 11611 DC
206.33 HAG-Archiv SBB Re 6/6 runde Lampen, Gotthard-Jubiläum 1982

These plus my Hag Riesen arriving at Roundhouse as noted above makes for an amazing (but expensive) end of summer. Note the archive prices are not original but lower. I expect there will be some truly rare things that will be well abaove but let's what there is.

Thanks
Offline Unholz  
#235 Posted : 20 August 2013 06:44:30(UTC)
Unholz

Switzerland   
Originally Posted by: jcrtrains Go to Quoted Post

These plus my Hag Riesen arriving at Roundhouse as noted above makes for an amazing (but expensive) end of summer.

Congratulations! ThumpUp As it seems, this sale is making lots of people happy, including Mr. Suter who is being flooded with orders and trying to cope with the customers invading his shop. Smile

thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Unholz
xxuppn
Offline bmcrae  
#236 Posted : 20 August 2013 19:51:05(UTC)
bmcrae

Canada   
As it seems, this sale is making lots of people happy, including Mr. Suter who is being flooded with orders and trying to cope with the customers invading his shop. Smile

LOL, I picked the wrong year to postpone my trip to Switzerland.
Offline jcrtrains  
#237 Posted : 29 August 2013 23:17:23(UTC)
jcrtrains

Canada   
Wow; an expensive end of summer.

A new batch released today. I was able to pick up a couple of others that I have been hard pressed to find.

BLS Re 4/4 TYP 465 Jungfrau Marathon 2002 465 003-2 DC
SBB Re 4/4 TYP 460 Aargau 460 024-3 DC

Offline chrisisrang  
#238 Posted : 01 September 2013 09:08:34(UTC)
chrisisrang

Wow...The BLS 465 Jungfrau Marathon sounds nice. I have been desperately looking for one for many years. If you don't mind, could you please let me know how much you paid for it? Did it come with Digital decoder / sound etc? Thanks a bunch!

Cheers,

Chris
Offline jcrtrains  
#239 Posted : 04 September 2013 03:01:54(UTC)
jcrtrains

Canada   
It is straight DC. It was rather expensive at 590 swiss francs.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by jcrtrains
Offline Jeremy Palmer  
#240 Posted : 04 September 2013 23:36:44(UTC)
Jeremy Palmer

Barbados   
Just received the EYROnline news letter with this photo of the HAG Lion. Looks rather nice ....
HAG Lion.jpg
Jeremy.

Offline H0  
#241 Posted : 05 September 2013 07:57:53(UTC)
H0

Re HAG Lion: according to a post on the HAG forum HAG cannot currently make any Re 4/4 II locos (including the Lion) because the mould for the truck frame was damaged. They expect new truck frames to arrive in November.
If the dealer does not have the loco in stock, do not expect delivery before November.

Haven't seen the HAG Lion in real life, but it must have very sophisticated light functions.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline mike c  
#242 Posted : 05 September 2013 23:41:35(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
This may be not so good news for Hag as it coincides with the planned release of the Maerklin version of the same lok type.

For Tom, I found this short YouTube video:

Regards

Mike C
Offline H0  
#243 Posted : 06 September 2013 08:34:33(UTC)
H0

Is it Roco? Or HAG?

See also (German PDF):
http://eyro.ch/downloads/hag_umbausatz_re460.pdf

There were discussions whether a model really must be able to show three red lights on both sides. Well, the prototype locos can.

AFAIK the Lion (1:1) cannot show all these combinations due to simplified controls inside the loco (the PDF is for Re 460). But three red lights are possible.
Two red rear lights are not prototypically correct for a Lion - HAG promised to make it correct with only one red rear light (but they shipped some that showed two red rear lights).
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline mike c  
#244 Posted : 06 September 2013 09:24:24(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
Is it Roco? Or HAG?

See also (German PDF):
http://eyro.ch/downloads/hag_umbausatz_re460.pdf

There were discussions whether a model really must be able to show three red lights on both sides. Well, the prototype locos can.

AFAIK the Lion (1:1) cannot show all these combinations due to simplified controls inside the loco (the PDF is for Re 460). But three red lights are possible.
Two red rear lights are not prototypically correct for a Lion - HAG promised to make it correct with only one red rear light (but they shipped some that showed two red rear lights).

The model must be one of the first batch of Hag Re 420 Lion. Roco has not yet announced a model and Maerklin's has not yet entered production (due 11/2013).

This video shows the inside of the cab of one of the updated Re 420 Lion Loks. I believe that you can see a whole bunch of switches that have been added compared to the normal Re 4/4II which allow for the new lighting controls, etc:

Regards

Mike C
Offline chrisisrang  
#245 Posted : 07 September 2013 16:57:46(UTC)
chrisisrang

There was only a very small batch of HAG Re 420 Lion locomotives which shipped with the incorrect light system. The earlier ones too have been corrected. If I am not mistaken, the logic for switching on/ off the various combinations of front and rear lights is built in the ESU decoder programming that can be changed easily.

Eagerly looking forward to order the new HAG Re 460s fitted with white/ red LED lights!
Offline chrisisrang  
#246 Posted : 07 September 2013 17:01:08(UTC)
chrisisrang

Originally Posted by: jcrtrains Go to Quoted Post
It is straight DC. It was rather expensive at 590 swiss francs.
That's a nice steal.....I do not think HAG Jungfrau Marathon was produced in large numbers....

Offline Jeremy Palmer  
#247 Posted : 16 September 2013 02:13:31(UTC)
Jeremy Palmer

Barbados   
I used to think that the HAG Bourret was another "fantasy" model - just learned differently....
Bourret.jpg
Jeremy.

Offline mike c  
#248 Posted : 16 September 2013 20:30:46(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
The Bourret lok ran sometime around 1982-1984 AFAIR. I think that it had already been repainted red by the time I visited Switzerland in 1985. The same lok has since been repainted in at least one other special livery.

Regards

Mike C
Offline Unholz  
#249 Posted : 25 December 2013 07:12:09(UTC)
Unholz

Switzerland   
Sorry, Christmas is not really the right moment to ventilate anger and frustration, but I think that our members here should also be aware of some current developments connected with the HAG company:

- To sum it up, dealers and users here in Switzerland are increasingly unhappy that "New HAG" seem to be mostly producing promises, promises and paperwork instead of actual models.
- Sure, they have recently issued lighting kits for the IC 2000 double-deck coaches, but collectors want to buy rolling stock and not miniature lamps!
- Promises are not fulfilled. For instance, the "HAG Ambassador Club" founded last spring has so far not even received a firm delivery confirmation for its planned club model of the Ae 6/6 11520 with coat-of-arms "Langnau im Emmental"!
- Quality control still is lacking in spite of cute "Checked by XXX on XXX (date)" stampings inside the boxes.
- On some items that surfaced, the quality of the paintwork and printing was a pure catastrophe.
- Last Friday, the first models of the Re 460 "Fiat Panda" were at last delivered to customers. In this case, the body shells had been painted and printed in the old factory at Mörschwil. However, the entire LED illumination (including cab lights, red rear lights, etc.) is new. But on close inspection, my model (acquired from a reputable dealer at Zurich) shows defects that are unacceptable (upper transparent light covers not correctly fitted into the housing, buffers falling out, bent windscreen wipers). And most of all: the locomotive only ran for a maximum of seven minutes, then suddenly stopped and is now apparently D.O.A. Mad
- My impression is that they are stuffing too much electronic gimmicks into the models and that we thus no longer get the traditional HAG models that run almost for ever out of the box and can easily be serviced by the user. I received my first HAG model exactly 50 years ago as a Christmas gift. It is still running. On the other hand, I do not dare to even open my Re 460 "Fiat Panda" because I do not understand the electronic stuff inside, let alone would I be able to repair something.
- And last but not least, the overall situation is not being improved by persisting rumors that the intermediate owner Mr. Adolf Schoch (who is still playing a role behind the scenes) and the current boss Mr. Heinz Urech do not share many opinions and are thus playing something like a tug-of-war game.
- Conclusion: It is evidently impossible to build up a new model train company within a few months and to produce high quality like before with new, unexperienced staff.
- For me personally, my HAG book will sadly be closed. I will not buy any of their models in future if I can't be absolutely sure that they work for more than seven minutes and have the look and feeling of a true Swiss quality product.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Unholz
Offline mike c  
#250 Posted : 25 December 2013 07:35:35(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
The last HAG lok that I bought was the Re 450 with blue doors to complete my train with red doors and VVZ markings.
I have not bought any of the final productions of "old Hag" and have not bought any of the items from "new Hag"

I can't say that I am done with the company, but I would have a hard time ordering an item "sight unseen" and the current prices for Hag models make this a rather large gamble.

Regards

Mike C