Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

13 Pages«<23456>»
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline nevw  
#151 Posted : 08 July 2012 03:23:55(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
Very Nice Michael.
unfortunately I am on a Diet.
NN
NOt wearing the Pink Pinny, which is hard to see and now I have a white Pinny which also is hard to see against MY pure white Skin Still have 2 new shiny tin Hips that is badly in Need of Repair matching rusting tin shoulders
and a hose pipe on the aorta
Junior member of the Banana Club, a reformist and an old Goat with a Bad memory, loafing around
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#152 Posted : 08 July 2012 04:00:43(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: jcrtrains Go to Quoted Post
Photos below.

Yeah, but where's the centre 3rd Rail??

Such heresy!
Offline Unholz  
#153 Posted : 28 July 2012 06:37:55(UTC)
Unholz

Switzerland   
Originally Posted by: Unholz Go to Quoted Post

The new owners seem to be trying to establish a completely new "production" (or perhaps only an assembly?) facility somewhere in Central Switzerland. IMHO, this strategy could amount to enormous risks or at least delays, and it is possible that we will not see any deliveries for quite a while. Thus, hold on to what you have or purchase what you can readily obtain from your dealer. Sad

Yesterday, the new HAG owner has orally confirmed (in a discussion with three other members of the German-speaking HAG forum) what I wrote above. The current and future situation can be summarized as follows:

- closing of the entire production at Mörschwil by the end of October 2012
- afterwards establishment of a new "assembly facility" somewhere in Central Switzerland (but they either don't know or don't want to say where... ThumbDown )
- most of the current staff (including the "key people") have been fired, a few will apparently move on to the new site
- a sale of stocks will be held at Mörschwil in September 2012 to clear out the inventory
- the production of TRAXX locos announced in February 2012 at the Nuremberg fair has been cancelled (yeah, a really farsighted company policy, isn't it...? Blink )
- future HAG stuff will merely consist of components manufactured anywhere in the world and "kitbashed" in Switzerland in order to lower prices

Under these circumstances, my personal interest in buying/collecting HAG is dwindling at the speed of a Russian satellite falling down from outer space... Sad

Offline nevw  
#154 Posted : 28 July 2012 07:27:03(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
May catch a few unwary buyers thinking that they are buying the same quality as the "Old" Hag.Mad ThumbDown

RIP>
As you say Stefan interest is waning fast like a tusami hitting the shore,Cursing ThumbDown
When and where is the wake.

NN
NOt wearing the Pink Pinny, which is hard to see and now I have a white Pinny which also is hard to see against MY pure white Skin Still have 2 new shiny tin Hips that is badly in Need of Repair matching rusting tin shoulders
and a hose pipe on the aorta
Junior member of the Banana Club, a reformist and an old Goat with a Bad memory, loafing around
Offline river6109  
#155 Posted : 28 July 2012 07:48:24(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square
and here I waited and waited for years, one day I'll buy a new Hag loco and this far fetched idea looks like is out the window.
I was interested in the Bls Re 8/8 with 4 motors.

This is a bit of a shock, although I've noticed, over and over, HAG made endless Ae 6/6's from every possible canton and number that was ever produced and it must have been a cost saver affair for molds.

So who is the new owner ? Märklin, Roco or Hornby international ?

I can't see a person sacking the entire staff from a well known company, to start somewhere else unless you have an established company who can take over the staff requirements, unless its another investment company. We will see if people shy away from buying Hag in future ?

John
https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode
Offline Unholz  
#156 Posted : 28 July 2012 08:44:40(UTC)
Unholz

Switzerland   
Originally Posted by: river6109 Go to Quoted Post

So who is the new owner ? Märklin, Roco or Hornby international ?

No, unfortunately not. Wink

It's an elderly guy from the Swiss canton (federated state) of Zug named Adolf Schoch who evidently has some spare cash and seems to be too bored with his life as an old-age pensioner.

As to the Ae 8/8, it shouldn't be impossible to still acquire one of those in the future, because dealers in Switzerland still are well stocked with HAG's from the "good old days".
Offline river6109  
#157 Posted : 28 July 2012 10:20:18(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Here is an extract from a report:

In Mörschwil eingemietet
Eines weiss Adolf Schoch: «Es gibt sehr viel zu tun.» Das beginnt schon mit dem Firmensitz nahe des Bahnhofs Mörschwil. Schoch übernahm nur den Betrieb, nicht aber die Gebäude. Mittelfristig bleibe die Hag dort eingemietet, sagt Schoch. Aber die Räumlichkeiten seien schon seit Jahren zu gross. «Ich denke, ein Viertel reicht aus.» Man wolle passende Lokalitäten suchen. Geplant sei, mehr Arbeiten auswärts zu vergeben – an Lohnunternehmer, die mit CNC-Maschinen effizienter seien als Hag. Der Grossteil der Produktion soll aber in der Schweiz bleiben.

Modellreihe erneuern
Verwaltungsratspräsidentin der Hag Modelleisenbahnen AG wird Adolf Schochs Tochter Christina Schoch. Neuer Geschäftsführer wird Hanspeter Alther, die Produktionsleitung übernimmt ab März Edi Alvanez. Werner Gahler, Sohn des Firmengründers Alwin Gahler, gibt nach über 30 Jahren die Geschäftsführung ab. Er werde in einem 20-Prozent-Pensum den Fabrikladen führen, der noch zwei Nachmittage geöffnet bleibe, sagt Adolf Schoch.

Geplant sei auch eine Erweiterung der Modellreihe. «Gerade überarbeiten wir gestandene Modelle und bringen sie auf den neusten Stand», sagt Schoch.

the premisies in Mòrschwill are to big and he is looking at a smaller place about 1/4 of the current size.
His daughter Christine Schoch will be CEO, company manager: Hanspeter Alther, Production Manager: Edi Alvanez replacing Werner Gahler.
Some of the work will be done from outside sources such as CNC machines wioch would be more fficient than the current HAG machinery.

Werner Gahler will run a 20% portion of the Company shop which will be open in the afternoon 2 days a week.

Reading this, it doesn't look that bad of a picture.

Schochs Tekwiss Engineering AG, so he has at least a background of engineering and knows how to run a company.

It was a lso revealed HAG has reduced its workforce to 12 by laying off 7 staff last year.

He also mentioned Hag is the only commercial modeltrain producer/manufacturer in Switzerland and he did'nt want the big boys in Germany to have it all their own way.
I think his overall strategy is, to run the company with enough staff, reduced size factory and he is looking at expanding the range.

regards.,

John
Offline Unholz  
#158 Posted : 28 July 2012 12:19:21(UTC)
Unholz

Switzerland   
Originally Posted by: river6109 Go to Quoted Post
Here is an extract from a report: (...)

John, that was a newspaper report in February of this year ( http://www.tagblatt.ch/a...bahnen;art123834,2847507 ) which must be considered as outdated. Meanwhile, company manager Hanspeter Alther and most of the remaining staff are also on their way out... Crying

Offline Jeremy Palmer  
#159 Posted : 28 July 2012 14:30:19(UTC)
Jeremy Palmer

Barbados   
Thanks for update Stefan, I will treasure my modest Swiss HAG collection.............but I better move quickly on the two remaining ones I would likeBigGrin BigGrin ,

Jeremy.
Jeremy.

1). If at first you don't succeed, bungee jumping mightn't be for you.
2). The early bird may get the worm, but it's the second rat that gets the cheese.
Offline xxup  
#160 Posted : 28 July 2012 14:50:19(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
Sounds like someone with enough money to buy the company, but not enough to run the company.. Still, time will tell and everyone should be given a chance to prove themselves..
Adrian
UserPostedImage
Australia flag by abFlags.com
Offline Unholz  
#161 Posted : 15 August 2012 14:25:37(UTC)
Unholz

Switzerland   
Originally Posted by: Unholz Go to Quoted Post

- a sale of stocks will be held at Mörschwil in September 2012 to clear out the inventory

Here the dates, as usual only communicated by the grapevine ThumbDown :

- Fridays, September 14 and 21, 9 - 15 hrs
- Friday, October 5, 9 - 15 hrs

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Unholz
Offline jcrtrains  
#162 Posted : 16 August 2012 02:57:49(UTC)
jcrtrains

Canada   
Any speculation on level of discounting? Also any flow to sale of items by date? Sept 14th only DC locos for example?

Thinking of flying in; never been but would like to see some of it before closure.
Offline Unholz  
#163 Posted : 16 August 2012 06:04:00(UTC)
Unholz

Switzerland   
Sept 14th only DC locos for example?

Rather unlikely. I would guess "first come, first served", so if you want the full selection, this probably means be there on Sept 14th at 9 a.m.

Also possible: Not so vast discounts on Sept 14th, but increasing until Oct 5th when they desperately want to empty the premises.

I shall post here if and when any reliable information surfaces, but these new owners are a secretive bunch... Huh
Offline jcrtrains  
#164 Posted : 21 August 2012 03:04:45(UTC)
jcrtrains

Canada   
The factory responded to my similar general question with a "not sure of what will be for sale".

I am puzzled that this has not made it into any of the forum discussions (Hag english on Yahoo and the german forum) as well. It is also completely missing from the Hag website. They must truly count on word of mouth for this one.

When you have been to the traditional December one, has there been a reasonable selection of DC and what has been the general discount range?

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by jcrtrains
Offline Unholz  
#165 Posted : 21 August 2012 09:54:13(UTC)
Unholz

Switzerland   
They must truly count on word of mouth for this one.

My impression is that the new people are unable to cope with the situation and that we might see some final developments soon. ThumbDown

The coming clearout sale will probably be different from the traditional December sales in every respect, but I have no idea what the NEWHAG guys have in mind. Probably they don't even know themselves... Sad

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Unholz
Offline mike c  
#166 Posted : 22 August 2012 01:02:44(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Stefan,

I was considering getting one of the Re 450 with blue doors and VBZ stickers. Should I place the order now or should I wait and hope it may appear at a better price?
As I will not be in Switzerland during the clearance, what is my best option?

I am also interested in having a few loks converted to digital. I guess that this is not the best time to have the work done at the factory. I guess that Helmut's in VA may be a better option at this point.
Will they be selling parts like a complete Re 460 undercarriage in AC digital as well? What about the circuit board with lights for a Re 4/4II or Re 6/6 for Digital operation?

Regards

Mike C
Offline Unholz  
#167 Posted : 22 August 2012 06:23:00(UTC)
Unholz

Switzerland   
Pure speculation: If the HAG company closes permanently, customers around the globe will either (1) try to obtain what is missing ASAP or (2) hesitate from purchasing anything in fear of no longer being able to count on spares and repair service availability in the future.

I certainly don't want to promote any "panic buys", but if you see something on a dealer's shelf that you would like, then go for it now, because a future re-issue or lower prices seem most unlikely.

And I strongly advise against sending any stuff for repairs or digital conversions to the factory at this time.
Offline Unholz  
#168 Posted : 24 August 2012 06:14:30(UTC)
Unholz

Switzerland   
Originally Posted by: mike c Go to Quoted Post

Will they be selling parts like a complete Re 460 undercarriage in AC digital as well? What about the circuit board with lights for a Re 4/4II or Re 6/6 for Digital operation?

The newest information tidbits I obtained at the factory yesterday seemed to indicate that

a) the sale might be less attractive than expected because they only want to get rid of unsaleable or defective stuff, tools, "junk", and furniture etc.
b) prices could be too high compared to what is nowadays possible in Ebay etc.
c) certain dealers are currently "combing" the factory inofficially and skimming off the cream items
d) the NEWHAG guys will try to disseminate the offerings in a manner that visitors will have a reasonably broad choice on all three dates

The circuit board mentioned above does still not seem to be available.

Thus, don't risk a trip across the world unless you simultaneously have other business or leisure opportunities in Europe/Switzerland at that time. Wink

EDIT:

Please note, date correction! According to an ad published today in the Swiss magazine LOKI, the sale will not only take place on Sept. 14 and 21, but FROM Sept 14 TO 21!
Offline Guus  
#169 Posted : 25 August 2012 14:19:37(UTC)
Guus

Netherlands   
Thank you Stefan for taking the trouble of keeping us informed about the current developments at HAG.

From what I seem to be reading between the lines it doesn't bode well for the future.

Maybe it is wise to buy some extra spare parts.

Kind regards,
Guus
Offline Unholz  
#170 Posted : 25 August 2012 17:14:30(UTC)
Unholz

Switzerland   
Yes, Guus, that is certainly not a bad idea (when I visited the factory shop the day before yesterday, I was definitely not the only customer buying spare parts Wink ).

However, "panic buys" don't appear to be necessary: HAG used many standard parts in the last 68 years which can easily be extracted from second-hand models if necessary, and Amiba Lokschuppen at Wetzikon ( http://www.amiba.ch ) has acquired all spares for the "old generation" models (except the Re 4/4 II no. 160/161). A true shortage of spares is therefore unlikely, except perhaps for a few "exotic" parts only used in one particular model.
Offline mike c  
#171 Posted : 25 August 2012 20:33:59(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Stefan,

I have one of the first production Re 450 models with the destination sign light that can melt the plastic. What pieces would I need to convert this to the more recent version and where can I get these parts other than Hag?

Thanks

Mike C
Offline Unholz  
#172 Posted : 25 August 2012 22:27:53(UTC)
Unholz

Switzerland   
Mike, I'm not quite sure, but I assume that you need parts no. 284 009-50 "Beleuchtungskörper Zielbahnhof" and 284 066-90 "Zielbahnhofbeleuchtung". When ordering from Canada, Helmuts Hobbies is probably the easiest option.
Offline Unholz  
#173 Posted : 28 August 2012 15:22:29(UTC)
Unholz

Switzerland   
It now appears that my "grapevine" information posted further above was more accurate than the official HAG advertisement in the current LOKI magazine... Confused OhMyGod

I have just been informed that the clearout sale will take place ONLY on the three days

- Sept. 14
- Sept. 21
- Oct. 5

and NOT (as printed in the LOKI advertisement) from Sept. 14 to 21, 2012.

And those who understand a bit of German or have a suitable on-line translator might want to read this information published today by a dealer who is close to the new ownership:

http://www.modelleisenba...&id=48&Itemid=73

Regards, Stefan
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by Unholz
xxupGuusH0
Offline jcrtrains  
#174 Posted : 30 August 2012 00:56:22(UTC)
jcrtrains

Canada   
I mentioned to my wife that in spite of expert advice, I was considering going to the factory sale on September 14th and there were relatively cheap flights. She scolded me and reminded me that she had 400,000 air miles on Air Canada and I should book it on her points. Within 1/2 an hour she had booked it all for me on her air miles. There are benefits in having a spouse that travels a bit for work!

So if you see a tall Canadian at Morschwil pawing DC items, you will know that is me. I will post pictures of the end of this era of Hag on return. I also will be stopping at Hermes for at least one silk scarf as reward (likely in Heathrow).

Offline Jeremy Palmer  
#175 Posted : 30 August 2012 03:04:10(UTC)
Jeremy Palmer

Barbados   
@ JCR - Enjoy the trip and I am looking forward to the photos.

Ref. your very kind " heads - up" I was monitoring the auction and with about 3-4 hours to go my day spiralled out of control
and I ended up missing the Bourret.

Thanks again - Jeremy.
Jeremy.

2). The early bird may get the worm, but it's the second rat that gets the cheese.
Offline Unholz  
#176 Posted : 30 August 2012 06:15:57(UTC)
Unholz

Switzerland   
@jcrtrains: Very nice, I wish you a most successful and memorable trip. And if the tall Canadian happens to encounter this apparently unhappy looking fellow ( http://www.hag.ch/index....rkauf-2010&Itemid=50 ), that's indeed the local representative of the Marklin users forum. BigGrin
Offline Loadmaster  
#177 Posted : 30 August 2012 18:13:20(UTC)
Loadmaster

United States   
Stefan,

I remember those pictures and those were the wonderful days at HAG.
I'm just sorry there wont be any more pictures or events in the future.
I would have burned my credit card if I had attended.

Rob
HOac and Z scale running SBB/BLS Era IV-V
Offline steventrain  
#178 Posted : 30 August 2012 19:52:52(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Google translate from German newspaper

Mörschwil. The Hag model railways AG closed its operations in Mörschwil. Around ten people lose their jobs. The owner of the Hag will try to resume operation in central Switzerland with significantly fewer employees again.
A spokesman for the traditional company confirmed Wednesday, a message of "Top Radio". The employees in Mörschwil was terminated at the end of October, the lease as well. Shrinking interest in model railways and the strong Swiss franc would have made this step necessary.

The company was founded in the 1940s by the brothers Hugo and Alwin Gahler. 1982 moved the Hag model railways AG moved its headquarters from the city of St. Gallen in the suburb Mörschwil. According to the Hag's spokesman, sales have halved in the first half of 2012 compared with the same period of about. (sda)

http://www.tagblatt.ch/a...schwil;art123834,3093313
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by steventrain
Offline mike c  
#179 Posted : 31 August 2012 21:01:13(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
The new owner is based in Zug, Switzerland, so in some ways it makes sense that the company's operations will be moved there. The current facilities in Moerschwil are too expensive to maintain given the current production of the company and the fact that more and more future productions are likely to be outsourced. Selling the building and liquidating much of the equipment helps recoup some of the money spent acquiring the company and allows the company to reduce overhead in the near future.
Most likely, the company will retain or hire some new some customer service/inventory management and design/engineering staff at their new facility and the lion's share of production will take place in Asia.
This is the same production model that has been successful for LS Models, ACME, and other recent entrants into the model train business. With the new design technologies, higher quality models can be built in less expensive facilities overseas.
Hag appears to be concentrating on the New Generation models (Re 4/4II, Re 6/6, Re 460) along with the new Stadler shunter (Ee 922) for the future. I don't know whether the GTW is part of the plan. I also have not been able to find out whether the Ae 6/6, BDe 4/4, Re 450 and Re 456 will be part of the ongoing product palette.
I would have liked to see a model of the Traxx locomotive in metal. Especially the Re 484/BR183/186 which has not been saturated by other manufacturers. Given that more and more of European locomotives will come from the Bombardier and Siemens product lines, it would make sense for Hag to have a presence here. Hopefully they will be able to revise their decision. As ACME already has a Swiss distributor (KML), the possibility of a cooperative venture (Hag motor in an ACME shell) would seem an unlikely possibility. It has been noted that the ACME design has some shortcomings in AC operation that cooperation with Hag might help them overcome.
There are other producers (MdF, Big Models, NMJ, etc) with which Hag might be able to form some kind of cooperative venture like LSM, ACME and others have. We will have to see what the future brings.
In the interim, I have noted that many shops seem to be out of stock on a lot of Hag models (online) and hope to still receive the last model I ordered.

Regards

Mike C

Offline Jeremy Palmer  
#180 Posted : 31 August 2012 23:00:06(UTC)
Jeremy Palmer

Barbados   
Hi Mike,

I always heard that Brawa got some help from Micra Meta kit for their amazing S 2/6 and that the
success of that model really stopped Marklin from making one of their own. Also heard that HAG
got their coaches for the Nachtzug Maur and one or two others from Fleischmann do you know if
this is true??

Jeremy.
Jeremy.

Offline H0  
#181 Posted : 31 August 2012 23:10:49(UTC)
H0

Hi!
Originally Posted by: mike c Go to Quoted Post
Selling the building and liquidating much of the equipment helps recoup some of the money spent acquiring the company and allows the company to reduce overhead in the near future.
They don't own the building, so they can only reduce the rent by moving to another location.
It seems that some workers are willing to follow, so maybe the loss in know how won't be too bad. Otherwise firing the whole staff and moving to a new place would mean loss of all know how - doesn't sound like a clever move.

Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline mike c  
#182 Posted : 01 September 2012 01:59:52(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Originally Posted by: Jeremy Palmer Go to Quoted Post
Hi Mike,

I always heard that Brawa got some help from Micra Meta kit for their amazing S 2/6 and that the
success of that model really stopped Marklin from making one of their own. Also heard that HAG
got their coaches for the Nachtzug Maur and one or two others from Fleischmann do you know if
this is true??

Jeremy.

The 28cm S-Bahn coaches sold by Hag as part of the Re 450 Sets are in fact made by Fleischmann. The lok was designed specifically to be used with those coaches. As a result of this cooperation, Hag also bought a quantity of bodies for the SBB Heavy Steel coaches, which they then released with metal chassis under the Hag brand.
Following the acquisition of Fleischmann by Modelleisenbahn GmBH, many wondered if this cooperation would continue.
Fleischmann listed the S-Bahn coaches as discontinued earlier this year, so Hag would have to rely on leftover inventory or have to find a new supplier once stocks ran out.

This is not the first cooperative venture for Hag. Earlier 24cm SBB Restaurant models were made by Fleischmann (for Hag) as Hag at the time did not have their own model in their catalog. The initial New Generation EWI coaches (27cm) were modified Lima shells built onto metal shells made by Hag and were sold as Hag models. With the bankruptcy of Lima, Hag was forced to find a new supplier. The resulting productions were often known as "banana coaches" due to the number of them that were either curved or outwardly stretched, making them poorly fitting and visibly inferior.

As far as I know, Hag has never cooperated with another manufacturer on the production of a locomotive and the Re 450 is the only example of a model specifically derived to work with an other manufacturer's product.

Regards

Mike C
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by mike c
Offline jcrtrains  
#183 Posted : 19 September 2012 01:24:30(UTC)
jcrtrains

Canada   
Folks;

I just want to provide an overview of my trip to Morschwil. For the record, from my house to the factory is 20.5 hours. However, given the flight was on my wifes air mile points, there was a 6 hour layover in Newark New Jersey. It was not total dead time in Newark as I was able to do a number of work calls.

I arrived at the factory on my fastest schedule of 10:30 in the morning. There were a few things that had gone from the sale (GTW's) already but I did find a nice 450. There wasn't an enormous discount on new items (25%) so I just went with the 450. The factory was very interesting and I have attached a couple of pictures below. There was definetley an air of finality to it all but I was very glad to have made the effort to see it.

On my way to Morschwil, I spotted a chap who seemed to be doing the same thing I was; going straight from some crazy flight to the factory and rolling his suitcase through Morschwil. We ended up having a good chat on the way out; he was from Singapore and this was a side trip on a planned trip to London. We chatted all the way back on the train to St Gallen as well. On that train, a young lady asked me if I was Canadian (I had a maple leaf on my shirt). I responded that I was and she asked why a Canadian was coming from Morschwil. I explained that we had been to a very famous factory there. She responded that her father had worked there for many years and had just been part of the team let go. She said that as he was 63, this was ok as this was an acceptable time to retire. Realizing how far we had both traveled for this, she said she had new respect for the work he had been performing. True story this.

As I had much of Friday left, I stopped in St Gallen and did a quick walkabout and visited the store Zuba-Tech. This is an unbelievable store for all scales and brands. It is huge - the web site does not do it justice. There was very little new Hag in DC but I did find the Re 6/6 700 yr canton engine used an in good condition which I have been looking around for eons. A stunning store.

After a good nights sleep, I tackled the Zurich train stores on Saturday. Roundhouse was heavenly; tons of Hag across AC and DC. The only issue is they are at full price unless they are older models. I did buy a great 456 (Vogele Shoes version). Zura Tech was also good but I did not buy anything. I had a long list of possible shops and walked to all of them but the 4 additional ones had either closed or gone under. However, it was a great walk and I saw a lot of Zurich. I also spent some quality time in the Zurich train station; it's great to see the real things up close.

On Sunday, I was up at 5 am to start the trek home. A really great trip.

A couple of final observations:
1) Stay away from the Bemo showcases! They are chock full of cool stuff. I could have spent a couple of thousand $ just on snowplows! Thank god I would have to rip up all my track to use it.

2) It's really an aging demographic in this hobby. At 46, I was the little boy at the factory!

jcrtrains attached the following image(s):
JR Trains 2012 June 003.jpg
JR Trains 2012 June 034.jpg
JR Trains 2012 June 033.jpg
JR Trains 2012 June 031.jpg
JR Trains 2012 June 004.jpg
JR Trains 2012 June 018.jpg
JR Trains 2012 June 027.jpg
JR Trains 2012 June 023.jpg
JR Trains 2012 June 025.jpg
thanks 7 users liked this useful post by jcrtrains
Offline Loadmaster  
#184 Posted : 19 September 2012 01:37:32(UTC)
Loadmaster

United States   
I wish I could have gone with you but Sud Kalifornia is another 6 hours flying time, bummer.
I've been looking at Zuba Tech, but their prices are higher than what I can find here in the US.
They do have a BLS Re 465 in Red for 799 CHF which would be about $850 USD for a HAG engine and that's a little steep for me.

Have a safe flight home.

Rob
Offline Jeremy Palmer  
#185 Posted : 19 September 2012 04:27:06(UTC)
Jeremy Palmer

Barbados   
Hi Jon, Thanks for the report and photos - definitely the end of an era. I sent a note to Herr. Alther and it came back unknown address.
I would say that would be an air of finality. Would love a photo of the 700 Jahre lok.

Jeremy.
Jeremy.

Offline Timothy  
#186 Posted : 19 September 2012 10:50:49(UTC)
Timothy

Hi Jon,

thank you very much for your report and the pictures. I especially like your pictures no. 2 and no. 3 because they show that there is still some production going on in Mörschwil. So there is hope that the Re 420 LION will be delivered soon.

Best regards,

Tim
Offline Guus  
#187 Posted : 19 September 2012 11:19:42(UTC)
Guus

Netherlands   
Hi Jon,

Thank you for sharing your pictures with us and for the report of your visit to Mörschwil.
It's sad to note that soon the Mörschwil factory will close and that the future of HAG is still very uncertain.

On the one hand there is reasonable doubt that HAG will continue at all and on the other hand new information on the progress of the development of the new Re 4/4 Lion has been published yesterday.

Stucki Modelleisenbahn
Kind regards,
Guus
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Guus
Offline Guus  
#188 Posted : 29 September 2012 09:35:50(UTC)
Guus

Netherlands   
According to a message posted yesterday on HAG's website, they will prepare for removal as of Monday 1 October.

The spare parts desk will be open for one last time on Monday. No further specifics about opening times, but I presume the shop will be open as usual during the afternoon.

The previously planned factory items sale on the 5th of October has been cancelled.

As soon as HAG has settled on its new premises, further information on its organization and spare part distribution will be published.
Kind regards,
Guus
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Guus
Offline Guus  
#189 Posted : 12 October 2012 09:52:40(UTC)
Guus

Netherlands   
Hi all,

Progress has been made on the development of the Re 4/4II Lion. A Picture of the completed model has been published on the website of a shop owner with supposedly tight connections to the new management of HAG.

Further news is that the HAG factory will move to Stansstad.
Delivery of the recently planned new items will be by the end of November or later this year, with the exception of the Ee922 which should be ready for delivery in February 2013.

Kind regards,
Guus
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Guus
Offline Unholz  
#190 Posted : 23 October 2012 21:56:31(UTC)
Unholz

Switzerland   
Originally Posted by: Guus Go to Quoted Post

Further news is that the HAG factory will move to Stansstad.

Not only this, but a new HAG company will be founded at Stansstad (called either "HAG Modellbahn GmbH" or "HAG Modellbahnen GmbH" - the founder himself doesn't seem to be sure of the exact name yet... Wink ). The current HAG Modelleisenbahnen AG at Mörschwil will be dissolved. The purpose of this process is to ensure that the new company will not in any way be liable or responsible towards creditors of the current company.

Probably the best news, however, is the announcement on HAG's homepage that the new company will not be owned and managed by Adolf Schoch (who was responsible for the chaotic developments and the stubborn non-communication with dealers and customers in the past ten months) but by Mr. Heinz Urech who has a good reputation as a businessman and who has been a model railroader since childhood. I wish him all the best! ThumpUp

thanks 5 users liked this useful post by Unholz
Offline Unholz  
#191 Posted : 07 November 2012 08:43:20(UTC)
Unholz

Switzerland   
I can confirm the information mentioned in my previous posting: According to the Swiss register of commerce, the new company has officially been founded at the beginning of November 2012:

https://www.shab.ch/DOWN...61822/N2012.06920610.pdf

IMHO, it is a big relief to note that the company is solely owned by Mr. Heinz Urech and not by Adolf Schoch. Mr. Urech has already contacted HAG dealers and assured them that he will try to re-establish a good and mutually prosperous relationship with them. A factory shop will not be opened at Stansstad, and Mr. Urech is determined to stop any "under the counter sales" to private individuals by staff members. The web shop on the HAG website has been shut down and will only be continued in the form of an on-line product listing. Mr. Urech also hopes to attain such a high level of quality that no "seconds" will be sold in future.
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by Unholz
Offline rmsailor  
#192 Posted : 07 November 2012 13:03:22(UTC)
rmsailor

Scotland   
That looks like a bit of good news for the continuation of the Hag brand and its manufacturing in Switzerland. Let us hope it is not too long until production gets started again.

Bob M.
Offline Loadmaster  
#193 Posted : 07 November 2012 16:32:59(UTC)
Loadmaster

United States   
Finally some really good news.
Offline Unholz  
#194 Posted : 14 November 2012 21:57:02(UTC)
Unholz

Switzerland   
Even better news:

An "open door day" at the new HAG production facility at Oberstmühle 1, Stans (canton of Nidwalden), has been announced for Saturday, December 15th, 2012.

No details are known yet, but I assume that the style of the event will be different than the sales days in previous years, because Mr. Urech does not want to promote direct factory sales to us customers (in an attempt to regain business relationships with dealers).
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Unholz
Offline river6109  
#195 Posted : 14 November 2012 23:53:55(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Stefan,

Thanks for the useful information, so what sparked the twist from Mr. Schoch to Mr. Urech, was it a change of heart by Mr. Schoch to pass or sell the company on to Mr. Urech ?

John
Offline Jeremy Palmer  
#196 Posted : 15 November 2012 00:58:55(UTC)
Jeremy Palmer

Barbados   
Thanks for updates Stefan - it must be pure coincidence that at last, having always wanted an Re 4/4 1, I found this beauty....

Thanks Toto TrainsBigGrin BigGrin ThumpUp ThumpUp

Edited by user 15 November 2012 22:25:23(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Jeremy Palmer attached the following image(s):
HAG Re 44 i.jpg
Jeremy.

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Jeremy Palmer
Offline Loadmaster  
#197 Posted : 15 November 2012 01:05:38(UTC)
Loadmaster

United States   
Have never seen a blue Re 4/4.
That is magnificant.
Come to So Cal and run it on the club layout ? ? ?
We'll be playing trains at the Del Mar Racetrack & Fairgrounds, San Diego the first weekend of December.

Rob
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Loadmaster
Offline pn  
#198 Posted : 15 November 2012 22:12:36(UTC)
pn

Portugal   
An interesting article with photos was published today in a Swiss railroad information portal after a press conference with the new HAG owner and visit to the new production facilities.

All details available at: http://www.bahnonline.ch...senbahnen.htm#more-53432

Google translation:
http://translate.google....nbahnen.htm%23more-53432

thanks 2 users liked this useful post by pn
Offline DOYLER  
#199 Posted : 17 November 2012 18:47:53(UTC)
DOYLER

Hi there
Was planning on selling my 20 plus HAG Locos but cant love them to much and the 10% Ebay charge to put me off i have the HAG RE460 65 Jahre HAG model in D/C Sound Mr Alther reserved it for me found him very helpful at the time cant say i like the Loco its to dark
The Re460 OCP is prob my favourite in my HAG collection along with Miss Saigon and Les Miserables i only run the HAG RE465 Stockhorn in A/C Digital i got about 5 sets of Carbon Brushes and headlight bulbs for about 4 locos so that should do my life time as the rest are in there boxes
May get 2 or 3 more RE460 locos in the new year not sure yet thanks to Stefan for all your help
Offline Unholz  
#200 Posted : 17 November 2012 19:06:50(UTC)
Unholz

Switzerland   
As we are just speaking of Re 460's: A new publicity loco (this time for the Gotthard tunnel project company AlpTransit ATG) has been unveiled two or three days ago, and HAG have received the exclusive rights to produce the model. They have announced that the model should be available before Christmas (hard to believe indeed!):

http://www.alptransit.ch...73b978cc1f5f78b4ca5c70b7