Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

13 Pages<12345>»
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline mike c  
#101 Posted : 01 June 2012 17:51:29(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Originally Posted by: Jeremy Palmer Go to Quoted Post
Hi guys - I cancelled my Theatre St.Gallen, ordered from
Helmuts Hobbies, for the same price I got Woody set 28702
and 2870 with the relevant extension cars.

I will NOT be going behind my loyal dealer's back for any
deals. I have asked Scott to revisit the purchase for me
given this update.

Jeremy.

Jeremy,

I see that Mike (EMT) is offering the discounted prices on the GTWs. I am sure that Scott will also reduce the price on orders since he will be getting them at the new lower price (unless they were already in stock, in which case he would likely already have shipped it before the price drop).

Regards

Mike C

thanks 2 users liked this useful post by mike c
Offline SINCrazee  
#102 Posted : 01 June 2012 18:14:58(UTC)
SINCrazee

I would recommend everyone to get the HAG GTWs while you can as they are all made of metal shells and chassis which is very sturdy and the weight is there.. Even though you can get two Piko GTWs for one HAG , you should get it as they are more long lasting than Piko!

Edited by user 09 June 2012 18:02:38(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

C-track carpetbahn, R1 ,R2,R3 with MS2 and a CS2 plus Marklin and HAG trains..
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by SINCrazee
Offline Unholz  
#103 Posted : 04 June 2012 14:09:20(UTC)
Unholz

Switzerland   
Originally Posted by: mike c Go to Quoted Post
I find myself wondering how many GTW models were found to be still in inventory at the factory when the new owners took over.

Far too many ThumbDown - simply because they were overpriced. Evidently, GTW sales have increased significantly since the price drop, so in the long run the move might be justified.

For certain reasons, it might be advisable to buy a GTW (and also other models) which was still made and assembled at Mörschwil...Sad UserPostedImage

Offline SINCrazee  
#104 Posted : 04 June 2012 15:20:04(UTC)
SINCrazee

Originally Posted by: Unholz Go to Quoted Post
I find myself wondering how many GTW models were found to be still in inventory at the factory when the new owners took over.

Far too many ThumbDown - simply because they were overpriced. Evidently, GTW sales have increased significantly since the price drop, so in the long run the move might be justified.

For certain reasons, it might be advisable to buy a GTW (and also other models) which was still made and assembled at Mörschwil...Sad UserPostedImage

Hi Stefan ,
You will mean they are closing down the factory at Mörschwil? LOL Laugh
Offline Unholz  
#105 Posted : 04 June 2012 16:03:55(UTC)
Unholz

Switzerland   
...aahh, I know I should try to keep my mouth shut. Tongue
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Unholz
Offline Loadmaster  
#106 Posted : 04 June 2012 16:16:56(UTC)
Loadmaster

United States   
Hey guy,

You are our link for updated information about HAG.
At least you are closer to the source than most of us scattered around the globe..

I'm still looking for some BT passenger waggens.

Rob
HOac and Z scale running SBB/BLS Era IV-V
Offline Unholz  
#107 Posted : 04 June 2012 16:35:18(UTC)
Unholz

Switzerland   
Originally Posted by: Loadmaster Go to Quoted Post

I'm still looking for some BT passenger waggens.

Rob, one of these, if I remember correctly:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/H...4ab83f24ae#ht_500wt_1413

Unfortunately, a German seller who doesn't want to ship world-wide.
Offline mike c  
#108 Posted : 04 June 2012 18:44:09(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Robert,

if I come across one of the second class coaches, I will let you know.
BTW, are you using interior lighting? if not, you may want to consider the Lima 309517, 309508 or 149787 Sets which have the same shell as the Hag models but have a Lima undercarriage. Lima made the molds for the Hag EW I coaches.

There was also a ex-BT coach in the new SOB livery from Rivarossi (3725). There is one on eBay.de right now. There is also the Swiss company HUI which has some BT coaches available (small productions).

Regards

Mike C
Offline Loadmaster  
#109 Posted : 04 June 2012 19:19:01(UTC)
Loadmaster

United States   
Mike,

I have several of the earlier HAG BT coaches where the cream is along the windows and the green under the windows.
I purchased therm a few years ago and didn't know the difference at the time, I think they are manufactured in the 80s.
I have HAG Re 4/4 "St Gallen" and a 1kl/2kl coach but that's all in this more modern color scheme.
I wish the HAG had issued a "driving trailer" in this color scheme.

I don't have the car illuminated at this time, I recently purchased 5 light kits for the IC2000 cars and need to install them.

I did send an inquiry to the seller asking if he would send to the USA as they show up on both the .de and .com E Bay sites.

Rob
Offline mike c  
#110 Posted : 04 June 2012 19:57:11(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Originally Posted by: Loadmaster Go to Quoted Post
Mike,

I have several of the earlier HAG BT coaches where the cream is along the windows and the green under the windows.
I purchased therm a few years ago and didn't know the difference at the time, I think they are manufactured in the 80s.
I have HAG Re 4/4 "St Gallen" and a 1kl/2kl coach but that's all in this more modern color scheme.
I wish the HAG had issued a "driving trailer" in this color scheme.

I don't have the car illuminated at this time, I recently purchased 5 light kits for the IC2000 cars and need to install them.

I did send an inquiry to the seller asking if he would send to the USA as they show up on both the .de and .com E Bay sites.

Rob

Rob,

here's what the Lima coach looks like:

http://www.ct-railways.d.../309508/309508_pic01.jpg
http://www.ct-railways.d.../309508/309508_pic03.jpg

149787 Set:
http://www.roundhouse.ch...fik/Lima/Lima_149778.jpg

I have a steuerwagen in the same livery from Sigg Modell (CH). A similar or matching steuerwagen may also be available from Swiss manufacturer HUI.

Regards

Mike C
Offline Loadmaster  
#111 Posted : 04 June 2012 20:32:16(UTC)
Loadmaster

United States   
Mike,

I found the Sugg Modell.ch website and have added it to my saved sites.
I really like their website and they have some very interesting models, maybe I'll do some business with them, need to ask if they can do AC power.
However, I tried hui.ch but that seems to be a computer software operation, is there more to their address?
I tried huimodell.ch with no success.

Rob
Offline mike c  
#112 Posted : 04 June 2012 21:04:41(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Rob: Here's the BT EWI for you (act quickly): http://www.hobby-huesli....25d0ffff8b6cffffffe7.pdf
http://www.hobby-huesli.ch/

As far as HUI is concerned, the website is http://www.huimodellbau.ch/
At present, the website has only the front page active.

I have some photos of the BT models (taken from the older site) that I can send you

Regards

Mike C

Offline jonquinn  
#113 Posted : 05 June 2012 00:36:52(UTC)
jonquinn

The GTW Thurbo really is a sharp looking train, but even with the reduced price I'd still need an installment payment (lots of other projects and trips scheduled). Maybe later this year if the price holds at that level. I partial to the red one.
Offline SINCrazee  
#114 Posted : 05 June 2012 04:25:07(UTC)
SINCrazee

Originally Posted by: jonquinn Go to Quoted Post
The GTW Thurbo really is a sharp looking train, but even with the reduced price I'd still need an installment payment (lots of other projects and trips scheduled). Maybe later this year if the price holds at that level. I partial to the red one.

Yup.. I suggest you to get the installment plan from the bank.. The price will hold for sure. Get the BLS GTW 2/8, it 's red hot! Btw , it 's not GTW Thurbo. GTW is a train alone. Thurbo is one of the operators of the GTW.BigGrin
Offline SINCrazee  
#115 Posted : 05 June 2012 04:53:20(UTC)
SINCrazee

New product:
UserPostedImage

RE460 with LED lights and ESU V4 M4 Loksound decoder.
Offline pn  
#116 Posted : 06 June 2012 11:51:28(UTC)
pn

Portugal   
Hi All,

I have a fundamental question on the digitalization possibilities of HAG locomotives. I hope some of you can help me clarifying Smile

I know that the HAG recent models already using the new numbering scheme (xx yyy.zz) already have a 21 pin digital interface built-in (info from HAG web site). Thus, putting a decoder there shall be very much straightforward.
However, I could not find any information regarding the older models using the old numbering (yyy.zz) regarding the availability digital interfaces. For obvious reasons I'm not expecting that the really old models would have a digital interface for a decoder. Anyway, does anyone know from which production year HAG started bundling 21 pin sockets (or others) with their locomotives? The HAG web site as well as the database of old models ("archiv" option in their web site) do not provide any indication on that.

If I purchase a DC locomotive using the old HAG numbering, I'd really like to know what I can expect regarding digitalization - either a socket interface or a lo of tailoring/wiring work. Any indication or hint on that is highly appreciated.

Thanks.
Pedro
Offline Unholz  
#117 Posted : 06 June 2012 13:36:57(UTC)
Unholz

Switzerland   
Originally Posted by: pn Go to Quoted Post
Anyway, does anyone know from which production year HAG started bundling 21 pin sockets (or others) with their locomotives?

Since May 2006.

pn
Offline SINCrazee  
#118 Posted : 06 June 2012 13:40:55(UTC)
SINCrazee

Anyway, does anyone know from which production year HAG started bundling 21 pin sockets (or others) with their locomotives?

Since May 2006.

Ah I see , also the time when ESU first demostrates the decoders for the HAG locos in the HAG factory.
pn
Offline pn  
#119 Posted : 06 June 2012 14:01:08(UTC)
pn

Portugal   

Since May 2006.

Thanks ThumpUp
I was considering the purchase of a model released in 2002. Then I can safely assume that everything release before May 2006 will require some 'wire tailoring' work in order install a decoder.
Offline pn  
#120 Posted : 06 June 2012 14:04:28(UTC)
pn

Portugal   
Originally Posted by: SINCrazee Go to Quoted Post

Since May 2006.

Ah I see , also the time when ESU first demostrates the decoders for the HAG locos in the HAG factory.

By the way, aren't they using also decoders from other suppliers such as Zimo?
Would by any chance be possible that other locomotives released before 2006 would have a digital interface and decoders of other brands than ESU?
Unfortunately the info in HAG's web site is very scarce regarding digital interfaces.
Thanks.
Offline Unholz  
#121 Posted : 06 June 2012 14:47:48(UTC)
Unholz

Switzerland   

Would by any chance be possible that other locomotives released before 2006 would have a digital interface and decoders of other brands than ESU?

Yes, the first HAG digital locomotives delivered around 2001 were equipped with a HAG-Digitrax 501 decoder similar or identical with the Digitrax DH142.

Then came the ESU era, and recently quite a number of models have also been delivered with Zimo decoders.

I am no digital expert, but I think it is correct to assume that some wiring and/or soldering will be needed to digitize a HAG model from 2002. Our member Jacques Vuye will probably be able to help if any problems arise.

Offline pn  
#122 Posted : 06 June 2012 15:35:47(UTC)
pn

Portugal   

Yes, the first HAG digital locomotives delivered around 2001 were equipped with a HAG-Digitrax 501 decoder similar or identical with the Digitrax DH142.

Then came the ESU era, and recently quite a number of models have also been delivered with Zimo decoders.

I am no digital expert, but I think it is correct to assume that some wiring and/or soldering will be needed to digitize a HAG model from 2002. Our member Jacques Vuye will probably be able to help if any problems arise.

Thanks.
I'm considering purchasing HAG item number 195.04. Any clue if that has a digital interface?
Offline Unholz  
#123 Posted : 06 June 2012 15:55:28(UTC)
Unholz

Switzerland   
No, most unlikely. And BTW, a model that is very difficult to obtain. Wink
pn
Offline SINCrazee  
#124 Posted : 06 June 2012 16:24:27(UTC)
SINCrazee

I think when HAG first introduced Digitrax decoders into their locomotives , I suppose it was not popular right? That 's why they switch to ESU where ESU got a name for themselves for making decent decoders.

As for Digitrax (In case you have no idea where they are now):
Digitrax now mostly focus on American models in Digital as well as helping the Japanese to popularize the Japanese N scale digital scene there which is doing pretty well as the Japanese are pretty new and naive to the scene.

pn
Offline pn  
#125 Posted : 06 June 2012 16:30:36(UTC)
pn

Portugal   

Would you still recommended purchasing that locomotive to run on a digital layout (DCC)? It would be my first HAG locomotive and I have absolutely no prior experience with the brand Wink
Offline SINCrazee  
#126 Posted : 06 June 2012 17:10:44(UTC)
SINCrazee

Would you still recommended purchasing that locomotive to run on a digital layout (DCC)? It would be my first HAG locomotive and I have absolutely no prior experience with the brand Wink

Yes. I will recommend. Most of us contributing in this thread here are HAG locomotives owners. HAG is a fine machine to run and it 's quieter than many locomotives around in the market due to addition of ball-bearing which smoothens the performance. HAG will also add extra details not found on other locomotives.If you are unsure of converting the locomotive yourself to Digital , you can consult DCC trains in Cincinatti, U.S.A to convert it for you as they are experienced in conversion of locomotives to Digital but it will come at a price but risk free at the same time or if don't want to convert or do anything to it , you can buy the 2006-Present HAGs which can be identified easily through the use of last two numbers..
Example:
16038-32(ESU Loksound V3/V4 decoder)(Marklin compatible)
16038-31(Zimo/ESU Lokpilot decoder)(Marklin compatible)
16038-20(Analog)(Trix/DC)
16038-21(Zimo/ESU Lokpilot)(Trix/DC)
16038-22(ESU Loksound V3/V4 decoder)(Trix/DC)
Hope it helps.
Offline pn  
#127 Posted : 06 June 2012 17:50:39(UTC)
pn

Portugal   

Yes. I will recommend. Most of us contributing in this thread here are HAG locomotives owners. HAG is a fine machine to run and it 's quieter than many locomotives around in the market due to addition of ball-bearing which smoothens the performance. HAG will also add extra details not found on other locomotives.If you are unsure of converting the locomotive yourself to Digital , you can consult DCC trains in Cincinatti, U.S.A to convert it for you as they are experienced in conversion of locomotives to Digital but it will come at a price but risk free at the same time or if don't want to convert or do anything to it , you can buy the 2006-Present HAGs which can be identified easily through the use of last two numbers..
Example:
16038-32(ESU Loksound V3/V4 decoder)(Marklin compatible)
16038-31(Zimo/ESU Lokpilot decoder)(Marklin compatible)
16038-20(Analog)(Trix/DC)
16038-21(Zimo/ESU Lokpilot)(Trix/DC)
16038-22(ESU Loksound V3/V4 decoder)(Trix/DC)
Hope it helps.

It surely helps ThumpUp Thanks!
Offline Unholz  
#128 Posted : 06 June 2012 19:20:29(UTC)
Unholz

Switzerland   

Would you still recommended purchasing that locomotive to run on a digital layout (DCC)?

Yes. Even some of the oldest HAG locomotives from the 1950's can be digitalized. We have at least one expert in this forum (jvuye) who can give you tips if you should encounter problems, and if necessary you can also turn to the HAG Yahoo group or to the German-speaking HAG forum where you can for instance find this thread:

http://www.forum.hag-inf...Thread&threadID=5291

However, if you want to enter the world of HAG trains with an absolute minimum of problems, then buy a current model that is already equipped for digital operation. This would enable you to get familiar with such a loco, test it, open it and inspect how it is built, etc. I have many HAG models dating from 1956 until 2012, and none of them has ever suffered from an "illness" that could not be easily cured. ThumpUp
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Unholz
Offline Unholz  
#129 Posted : 07 June 2012 09:42:20(UTC)
Unholz

Switzerland   
Current rumors coming from HAG related sources suggest that the new owners have fired most of the staff at Mörschwil (including the interim boss) and that the factory will be closed this year. ThumbDown It is also most unclear what will happen to the existing spare part outlet which was one of HAG's assets.

The new owners seem to be trying to establish a completely new "production" (or perhaps only an assembly?) facility somewhere in Central Switzerland. IMHO, this strategy could amount to enormous risks or at least delays, and it is possible that we will not see any deliveries for quite a while. Thus, hold on to what you have or purchase what you can readily obtain from your dealer. Sad
Offline SINCrazee  
#130 Posted : 07 June 2012 10:42:40(UTC)
SINCrazee

Current rumors coming from HAG related sources suggest that the new owners have fired most of the staff at Mörschwil (including the interim boss) and that the factory will be closed this year. ThumbDown It is also most unclear what will happen to the existing spare part outlet which was one of HAG's assets.

The new owners seem to be trying to establish a completely new "production" (or perhaps only an assembly?) facility somewhere in Central Switzerland. IMHO, this strategy could amount to enormous risks or at least delays, and it is possible that we will not see any deliveries for quite a while. Thus, hold on to what you have or purchase what you can readily obtain from your dealer. Sad

Well.. The new owners can go to hell if they do that. I will definitely NOT going to buy the new HAGs at all which will be produced in the new factory as I protest the firing of the workers in Mörschwil. This will only lead to more unemployment in Switzerland in that case. It 's no good at all. The workers didn't do anything wrong , they keep producing high quality locomotives and those skills takes years to acquire! In my opinion , I think the workers SHOULD NOT BE FIRED AT ALL and I will rather see the new HAG bankrupt as well as they decided to fire the skilled and experienced workers which can't be replaced at all!
Offline Unholz  
#131 Posted : 07 June 2012 10:58:06(UTC)
Unholz

Switzerland   
In the meantime, a spokesman has denied the rumor regarding the firing of staff members but acknowledged that the company will leave the current factory at Mörschwil towards the end of this year. I doubt that those members of the staff who have homes and families in Eastern Switzerland will be willing to move away from there, and it will be interesting to observe how the company can cope with the loss of skills and know-how.
Offline Jeremy Palmer  
#132 Posted : 07 June 2012 11:27:33(UTC)
Jeremy Palmer

Barbados   
Guess I will never have the opportunity of a Morschwill December Open House now. All things come to pass I guess.

It makes it quite remarkable that Marklin have been in business for 150 years, I am frequently astonished by that fact.

Jeremy.
Jeremy.

1). If at first you don't succeed, bungee jumping mightn't be for you.
2). The early bird may get the worm, but it's the second rat that gets the cheese.
Offline mike c  
#133 Posted : 07 June 2012 19:01:13(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Regarding the announced production of Re 460 (scheduled with new LED lighting), will it occur in Mörschwil or will that already be produced in another facility?

Maerklin was a family enterprise until it was sold to Kingsbridge and the investors. Hag has been a family company until it's recent sale to new owners. This type of transfer of a business to new ownership can often lead to a decline in the fortunes and reputation of a company. It seems that Maerklin has survived the transition, albeit with some impact due to the overall decline of the hobby. It remains to be seen how Hag's future will unfold.

I would have liked to see some cooperation between Hag and Bachmann (Liliput). This way, the Flirt, Domino and Kiss could have been offered with Hag motors and Hag could have marketed a few models, Suedostbahn, etc (as their own). Hag could have also used the Liliput moulds for the EWI to resume production of their coaches as well. This would have been win-win for both companies. We will see what the future brings.

Regards

Mike C
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by mike c
Offline SINCrazee  
#134 Posted : 08 June 2012 13:13:02(UTC)
SINCrazee

Looks like the Mörschwil factory can be considered memories now.. Mellow
I really hope that when they move to a new facility in Central Switzerland , they will bring along the skilled workers as well so that the business will be back to normal when they move there and they are able to cope with the delivery schedules without any delays. As for the factory in Mörschwil , it can be turned into a museum instead of abandoning it and can be used to showcase HAG 's history and the models it produced so that visitors gets a depth insight of it. As for Mike 's opinion that they can work with Liliput , I think Liliput can sell the Domino , Kiss and Flirt moulds to HAG so that HAG can improve them further to make these three moulds high quality models that one would expect like the GTWs.
Offline Unholz  
#135 Posted : 08 June 2012 14:31:36(UTC)
Unholz

Switzerland   
As for the factory in Mörschwil , it can be turned into a museum instead of abandoning it and can be used to showcase HAG 's history and the models it produced so that visitors gets a depth insight of it.

I'm sorry to say that this dream will definitely not come true. The entire building and its surroundings (with the exception of Mr. Gahler's apartment) belong to the company Schips Tooltec since the end of 2011. I expect that Mr. Schips, this company's owner, will be able to make a profitable use of the property which is located nicely in the attractive village of Mörschwil which boasts low income taxes.

Offline 5HorizonsRR  
#136 Posted : 08 June 2012 18:36:02(UTC)
5HorizonsRR

United States   
Regarding the announced production of Re 460 (scheduled with new LED lighting), will it occur in Mörschwil or will that already be produced in another facility?

Maerklin was a family enterprise until it was sold to Kingsbridge and the investors. Hag has been a family company until it's recent sale to new owners. This type of transfer of a business to new ownership can often lead to a decline in the fortunes and reputation of a company. It seems that Maerklin has survived the transition, albeit with some impact due to the overall decline of the hobby. It remains to be seen how Hag's future will unfold.

I would have liked to see some cooperation between Hag and Bachmann (Liliput). This way, the Flirt, Domino and Kiss could have been offered with Hag motors and Hag could have marketed a few models, Suedostbahn, etc (as their own). Hag could have also used the Liliput moulds for the EWI to resume production of their coaches as well. This would have been win-win for both companies. We will see what the future brings.

Regards

Mike C

Mike,

You raise an interesting question here. I wonder is there is a solid business model for HAG in supplying motors (not sure what other components would make sense) to other MRR producers? I don't see a conglomerate like Bachman/Liliput going for it, but I do see a market for this with companies making high end brass models, or even a company like Marklin during a quest for better propulsion. (although Marklin is another one I don't see going for it)

Whatever keeps them in business and in Switzerland! BigGrin
SBB Era 2-5
Offline SINCrazee  
#137 Posted : 08 June 2012 20:30:42(UTC)
SINCrazee

Originally Posted by: 5HorizonsRR Go to Quoted Post

Regards

Mike C

Mike,

You raise an interesting question here. I wonder is there is a solid business model for HAG in supplying motors (not sure what other components would make sense) to other MRR producers? I don't see a conglomerate like Bachman/Liliput going for it, but I do see a market for this with companies making high end brass models, or even a company like Marklin during a quest for better propulsion. (although Marklin is another one I don't see going for it)

Whatever keeps them in business and in Switzerland! BigGrin

Well , just wish they will not fall victim like the flying bank called Swissair and it 's group back in 2002 when nobody expected that giant empire to collapse completely. It was definitely the wrong business practice even though it kept them alive for awhile.
Offline Timothy  
#138 Posted : 15 June 2012 15:39:36(UTC)
Timothy

There was also a ex-BT coach in the new SOB livery from Rivarossi (3725).

I have a question regarding the EW I in the new-SOB-livery: Was it used in "normal" consists or only with the RBDe 566 (NPZ) of the SOB? What is the exact time span this livery was in use (or has been used; maybe it is still in use?)?

If someone is interested in this coach, I saw one yesterday in St. Gallen (zuba-tech) for 60 CHF.

Regards,

Tim
Offline mike c  
#139 Posted : 15 June 2012 18:28:52(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
If you are referring to the EWI B in the red and white SOB livery, these coaches are former SOB or BT coaches that were repainted in the new SOB corporate livery around 2002. A number of these coaches were used with the SOB RBDe 566 (NPZ type) consists and with SOB and ex-BT BDe 576 (BDe 4/4) Triebwagen consists. The Hag coach is a former BT coach.

These coaches were also used separately and could be found either in the new livery or combined with coaches in the older SOB or BT liveries or the new Voralpen Express livery (as an add-on coach to that consist.) Loks that could be found pulling these coaches include: Re 446 (Maerklin/Roco) and Re 456 (Hag). With Voralpen Express trains, the appropriate models were only available from Wabu, a small producer. The Roco Voralpen Express EWIV coaches (44966/67(BT)/68/69(SOB)) might only have been used with the Hag EWI B for a very short period as they were transferred to the BLS and SBB around the same time.

In addition to Hag, Rivarossi (ex-Lima) also released a SOB model under the number 3725. Other Lima SOB and BT coaches include the 309508/309517/309509/309519 coaches and the 149787 BT 4 coach set. Hag also produced a EWI B and EWI AB in BT livery of the 1990s.

As add-on coach to VAE:
http://www.bahnbilder.ch/picture/1874?operator=12
http://www.bahnbilder.ch/picture/3611?operator=12

In consist with Re 446 (017) and NPZ pilot coach:
http://www.bahnbilder.ch/picture/3034?operator=12

Regards

Mike C
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by mike c
Offline mvd71  
#140 Posted : 18 June 2012 01:50:45(UTC)
mvd71

New Zealand   
Hi,

One of our local club members recently bought a Hag Re4/4 II at a good price. It is an AC analogue model, and he would like me to convert it to digital with a lokpilot. However I need to replace the field magnet from the old AC coil type to a DC permanant magnet type.
Can anyone advise a good dealer who would hold parts in stock and be able to assist with this? Preferably one who can speak some english because my German is non-exsistant.

Thanks,

Mike.
Offline nevw  
#141 Posted : 18 June 2012 02:30:15(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
sales@helmutshobbies.com

good place to start.

nev
NOt wearing the Pink Pinny, which is hard to see and now I have a white Pinny which also is hard to see against MY pure white Skin Still have 2 new shiny tin Hips that is badly in Need of Repair matching rusting tin shoulders
and a hose pipe on the aorta
Junior member of the Banana Club, a reformist and an old Goat with a Bad memory, loafing around
Offline Loadmaster  
#142 Posted : 18 June 2012 04:01:39(UTC)
Loadmaster

United States   
Mike,

Yes I would also recommend Scott at Helmut Hobbies.
I just sent him two HAG analog engines, a BT Re 4/4 and SBB Re460 Special Edition.
He is very busy but does carry the conversion items.

Rob
Offline mvd71  
#143 Posted : 18 June 2012 08:49:25(UTC)
mvd71

New Zealand   
Thanks Nev/Rob,

I'll flick him an emailSmile

Cheers....

Mike.
Offline Unholz  
#144 Posted : 18 June 2012 08:56:06(UTC)
Unholz

Switzerland   
Even if your German is non-existant, this might be helpful (a Google translation usually also isn't too bad):

http://www.stayathome.ch/HAG_Re44.htm
Offline mvd71  
#145 Posted : 18 June 2012 10:11:39(UTC)
mvd71

New Zealand   
Even if your German is non-existant, this might be helpful (a Google translation usually also isn't too bad):

http://www.stayathome.ch/HAG_Re44.htm

That's pretty much the same model (except the paint job) I guess this is a how to site though, and not a shop were I can buy the magnet?

Cheers...

Mike.
Offline Unholz  
#146 Posted : 18 June 2012 11:14:12(UTC)
Unholz

Switzerland   
Yes, this is a how-to site only, but you should be able to obtain the permanent magnet part no. 161 216-90 from any good HAG dealer.
Offline mvd71  
#147 Posted : 19 June 2012 09:39:44(UTC)
mvd71

New Zealand   
Thanks Stefan, I have emailed Scott, at Helmutts Hobbies, and I am awaiting his reply.

Cheers....

Mike.
Offline jcrtrains  
#148 Posted : 25 June 2012 00:11:19(UTC)
jcrtrains

Canada   
My GTW 2/8 has arrived and it is absolutely superb.

I have to admit this episode is somewhat like the Blackberry Playbook. Even a loyal Canadian like me could not bring myself to buy one when they came out at 500+ dollars. However, once they dropped to 200 $, I was in and it does compliment my Ipad well.

This is the same case. I was not planning to buy at 1,500 $. But at the new price, I did.

Like the Playbook, I would have kicked myself if I was an early high price adopter.

Photos below.

Thanks

jcrtrains attached the following image(s):
JR Trains 2012 June 002.jpg
JR Trains 2012 June 005.jpg
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by jcrtrains
Offline SINCrazee  
#149 Posted : 25 June 2012 05:11:47(UTC)
SINCrazee

Originally Posted by: jcrtrains Go to Quoted Post

I have to admit this episode is somewhat like the Blackberry Playbook. Even a loyal Canadian like me could not bring myself to buy one when they came out at 500+ dollars. However, once they dropped to 200 $, I was in and it does compliment my Ipad well.

This is the same case. I was not planning to buy at 1,500 $. But at the new price, I did.

Like the Playbook, I would have kicked myself if I was an early high price adopter.

Photos below.

Thanks

Welcome to the HAG GTW club!Laugh Such a nice acquisition you 've got there.
Offline plavnostruev  
#150 Posted : 08 July 2012 03:11:29(UTC)
plavnostruev

United States   
Originally Posted by: jcrtrains Go to Quoted Post

Great photos!

I just received 9 HAG GTWs and they are, indeed, superb models.
They are equipped with LokSound 4.0 sound decoders with MFX, so they pop in your controller like this:

UserPostedImage

Interior lighting with passengers:

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

And here is a short video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOsfzsFqDS4

Michael