Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#51 Posted : 23 January 2011 21:43:29(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Pieter, the gateway address you are referring to is normally used for the router that connects your network to any external networks, such as the internet, or another subnet in a large corporate environment. As such the router is aware of all the devices that are on your local subnet, including multiple iphones, and there is not normally any need to change this.

If you are not connected to another network and do not have a router, then the gateway address is normally left blank. Devices then usually find each other by way of a broadcast. In other words, the CS2's networking stack should be able to learn the addresses of all and any devices including multiple iphones. There should be no need to enter the iphone'c tcpip address into the CS2's gateway address field.

The term 'Destination Address' refers to the device that is the exit point, or gateway as we call it, for your local network, not the iphone's return address.
Offline GSRR  
#52 Posted : 23 January 2011 21:44:53(UTC)
GSRR

United States   
Originally Posted by: Piper Go to Quoted Post

I tested it on both iPhone & iPad. Both works works well, however only one at a time.

Pieter

Peter,

By your question, are you attempting to have two devices, an iPad, and an iPhone both with the app installed, have access to the CS2 at the same time? Say to control separate booster sections? Is this feasible?

r/Thomas

ETE UserPostedImage ECoS iTrain TouchCab C-Gleis German Era Id & IIIb USA Era IIIb SBB Era III SJ Era IV GC Era V
Offline clapcott  
#53 Posted : 23 January 2011 21:45:07(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: Piper Go to Quoted Post
Peter

Look on your iPhone what address it uses connecting to your WiFi router and type it in Destination address. I think the subnet should be 255.255.255.0.

Good luck

Pieter

Pieter, Yes I understand that for ONE SPECIFIC unit.

What I am saying is that by changing the address to the broadcast address (192.168.2.255 in your case) you MAY be able to use more than one device at a time.

I have not had two devices to play with at the same time so this is only a suggestion. I do know that from a PC I can receive the UDP data.
Peter
Offline clapcott  
#54 Posted : 23 January 2011 21:53:55(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
Yes Dave, I understand your description of a Gateway in the network sense, but in the CS2 Marklin sense it is different.
Peter
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#55 Posted : 23 January 2011 22:18:06(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: clapcott Go to Quoted Post
... but in the CS2 Marklin sense it is different.

In what regard?
Offline Piper  
#56 Posted : 23 January 2011 22:48:38(UTC)
Piper

South Africa   
Quote:

Pieter, Yes I understand that for ONE SPECIFIC unit.

What I am saying is that by changing the address to the broadcast address (192.168.2.255 in your case) you MAY be able to use more than one device at a time.

I have not had two devices to play with at the same time so this is only a suggestion. I do know that from a PC I can receive the UDP data.

Thanks Peter,
Crying Tried it but it doesn't work. The CS2 is sending info to that IP address and receives info from it. Look at the information screen. It even shows the amount of battery power remaining.

Pieter

Fixed the quote /FS

Edited by moderator 24 January 2011 09:16:48(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Era I-V / HO / C-Track / MS2, CS2 & CS3 Z gauge. Insider
Member of Märklin Modellers Group
Offline eduard71  
#57 Posted : 24 January 2011 02:56:09(UTC)
eduard71

Chile   
Hi people-1,
I just tested the app on my Ipod, and it works perfect!! it is great, the Ipod and the CS2 are connected via my router. You get control of all your locomotives in the database of your CS2. I can tell you people, this is very good and only for 6$, of course if you already have an Ipod touch or an Iphone, and this are expensive gadgets.
Follow the instructions of Pieter, it is important to use the same IP adress of the Ipod on the destination address of the CS2. The IP of the Ipod -Iphone can be seen on settings- wi-fi, choose a network.

Regards
Eduardo
Offline AJ  
#58 Posted : 24 January 2011 07:16:01(UTC)
AJ

Hello all,

tried it out and it works, awesome stuff. Had to upgrade the CS2 again as mentioned by the others. It worked from my iPad and iPhone4, the former being more handy.

Catch however is that my wi-fi router sits next to my NAS on top of a bookshelf so plugging my CS2 into the router is no mean task.Unsure So question now is what convenient access point to use for plugging the CS2 so it can get an IP address. Suggestions are welcome? Does the CS2 take a wireless dongle, I have a spare Linksys wireless-n usb dongle but not sure if that will work on the CS2, maybe worth a try!

Alok

Offline old toot  
#59 Posted : 24 January 2011 11:15:12(UTC)
old toot

New Zealand   
Hi Peter
Real cool great way to combine two great products
marklin and Ipod to make a fun way of operation
I can see Dion loving this and he could probally answer the
issue of what wireless device could be plugged direct
into a CS2, as there is a lot of wireless USB devices Now
see the dse.co.nz website , the critical issue would be does
the marklin upgrade include drivers to operate a usb wireless port.
I'll ask him and see what he says
old toot
were we pickit, packit and postit
Offline dntower85  
#60 Posted : 24 January 2011 17:48:20(UTC)
dntower85

United States   
Originally Posted by: AJ Go to Quoted Post
Hello all,

tried it out and it works, awesome stuff. Had to upgrade the CS2 again as mentioned by the others. It worked from my iPad and iPhone4, the former being more handy.

Catch however is that my wi-fi router sits next to my NAS on top of a bookshelf so plugging my CS2 into the router is no mean task.Unsure So question now is what convenient access point to use for plugging the CS2 so it can get an IP address. Suggestions are welcome? Does the CS2 take a wireless dongle, I have a spare Linksys wireless-n usb dongle but not sure if that will work on the CS2, maybe worth a try!

Alok

Does any know if there is a wireless router that can connect to another wireless router? My problems is that my router is downstairs at the front of the house and the layout is upstairs at the back and there is no cables running though the house. or would it be better to try a cross over cable to connect the CS to a laptop then connect to the net work or can the CS see the network through the computer, like a printer does.
DT
Now powered by ECoS II unit#2, RocRail
era - some time in the future when the space time continuum is disrupted and ICE 3 Trains run on the same rails as the Adler and BR18's.
Offline Webmaster  
#61 Posted : 24 January 2011 20:03:25(UTC)
Webmaster

Darrin, I don't know if this helps but I have 2 NetGear WNDR3700 that I link together over the 802.11a radio band... One in my son's room that is merely a "slave", providing 4 Ethernet ports for him and a 121 Mbps wireless link to the "master" router that handles the Internet connection, the 802.11b/g general wireless at home, DCHP to the home network and such...

For the "train room", and other rooms I have "Powerline" connections (also with 4 Ethernet ports) which use the household electrical cabling. They ones I got have a bit of lower speed (about 10 Mbps effectively) but good enough for the CS1 connected to it, while using the iPod Touch (w TouchCab) on the 802.11b/g wireless network. Works seamlessly and is fast...

Son had "Powerline" connection in his room too earlier, but when we got a 100Mbps Internet connection via fibre cable, he wanted more speed too... So he now get about 60Mbps effectively over the wireless link, which is more than enough for streaming videos and such. I myself sit with cable into our 1Gbps "home backbone", of course...

Sounds to me that you could maybe also investigate a "Powerline" option for connecting the CS...
Juhan - "Webmaster", at your service...
He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. He who does not ask a question remains a fool forever. [Old Chinese Proverb]
Offline klytz  
#62 Posted : 29 January 2011 18:58:37(UTC)
klytz

Hi guys

My iPhone 3G won't work either withe the CS2. I find it rather annoying that Märklin in the app refers to a helpsite which has not been updated: "It will be eventually." That is not the way to treat customers of their system and their app.
Kind regards from Denmark
Klaus
klytz
Offline Piper  
#63 Posted : 03 February 2011 20:50:10(UTC)
Piper

South Africa   
Love Hooray!!!!!

With latest CS2 update, 1.5.2, I can now use both iPhone & iPad simultaneously. I also updated my routers to a Billion Bipac 7402GX 3g/ADSL & a Billion Bipac 3200G as an access point in the train room.

I could update the CS2 via the WiFi link between the 2 routers. Laugh This is fantastic. I love it when a plan comes together.

As a good friend recently said, "Good technology is GREAT - The opposite is NOT TRUE".Cool

Pieter

Edited by user 05 February 2011 01:39:56(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline steventrain  
#64 Posted : 06 February 2011 09:51:39(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
Offline fanellis  
#65 Posted : 08 February 2011 10:15:53(UTC)
fanellis

Where can I get the latest update for the CS 2 so I can use my iPad? Also, I know this has been answered but I am still unsure about a wireless router that is distant from my CS 2. I have a computer with a wireless USB unit attached next to my computer. This unit allows that computer to connect to the internet. Will this combo work for me if I connect a cable from the computer internet port to the internet port on the CS 2. If so, what are the settings that I will need on the CS 2 or is it only the iPad IP address that I need?

Sean
Sean Fanelli
Garden City, NY
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#66 Posted : 08 February 2011 11:13:24(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
If you are unable to update your CS2 directly from the internet, then you will have to wait for the downloadable file to be placed on the Marklin website. This usually happens several weeks after the internet update is released. Currently 1.4.0 is the version available. The downloadable file is placed on a USB flash drive, and the flash drive is plugged into the CS2's USB port. You can then initiate an update from the CS2's setup screen, pointing to the file on the USB stick.

http://www.maerklin.de/d...ds/software_updates.html

If you perform the internet update, you will need to either plug your CS2 into the wireless router or an ethernet switch that is connected to your router. You cannot daisy chain your CS2 via your PC.
Offline Piper  
#67 Posted : 08 February 2011 19:18:58(UTC)
Piper

South Africa   
Hi Sean

What you suggest is very fiddly and might workAngry . I think David is right & the easiest way is to get a router that can use the USB internet connection thing and has wireless capability. So you plug the USB internet thing in the USB port of the router and plug the CS2 in the wired port of the router. The Ipad and the PC connect with WiFi to the router.

Now you can connect the PC, the Ipad & the CS2 to the internet. You can update the CS2 whenever you want to. Connect also the PC & iPad to the internet. In a nutshell everything can connect to everything.BigGrin BigGrin

After updating the CS2 to the latest version and getting the new Märklin iPad software you have a very nice iPad mobile station.

Pieter
Offline NZMarklinist  
#68 Posted : 26 April 2012 10:48:02(UTC)
NZMarklinist

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: Goofy Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Ranjit Go to Quoted Post
Not for me, thank you!

The future of Apple is uncertain, and God knows where iPhone will be in such a stiff competitive environment.

Cheers,
Ranjit

I agree with you,Ranjit!
Why to use an mobilphone,when you have already CS2...??? ThumbDown
I think that it has to do about to satisfaction techno-nerd,who wants to play technology more instead...
Pathetical...

LOL

Goofy, All,
If nothing else, I find using my I Thingy excellent for positioning (staging) Loks, or rolling stock, for that matter, when taking photos for this forum. Often the CS is not within easy reach, but whilst I use Touchcab and CS1-R, the pricipal is the same. ThumpUp
When I have mastered my new Camera I'll be well pleased BigGrin (and then there will be quite a few few photo's to upload Wink )
Glen
Auckland NZ

" Every Marklin layout needs a V200, a Railbus and a Banana car", not to mention a few Black and red Steamers, oh and the odd Elok !

CS1 Reloaded, Touch Cab, C Track Modules, K track layout all under construction. Currently Insider