Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline river6109  
#51 Posted : 23 August 2014 09:25:01(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square
Glen,

great information and soon I'll sit down and look into it a bit further, I've got a radio control from ESU but both the ECoS and Radio control are at the moment at ESU getting repaired, did a stupid thing with the electronic circuitboard for the radio control took it out of the ECoS while the power was still on and than stuck it back in again, so this managed to stuff up the EcoS as well. the radio control,s joy stick just gone wild and one couldn't control the data, they've suggested to send both back which I reluctantly had in mind (A$ 78.00 for postage) but in the end they got their way and now both will be attended to.
my main problem is remembering things if it gets to complicated but this gadget sounds alright and this is another reason I've asked you to explain to me how the whole thing works, We don't have a mobile phone, we don't need one but on the other hand it is always handy just in case, the car decides to call it the day in the middle of woop woop. I'll have to look how much they are and if it is the one for us but as you said they apparently are cheaper than the radio control and the latest from ESU I think is even dearer than the previous one. thanks again for your time and effort very much appreciated,

regards

John
https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode
Offline NZMarklinist  
#52 Posted : 24 August 2014 18:18:56(UTC)
NZMarklinist

New Zealand   
Hi John,

IPhones in our part of the world cost upwards of $1000, so not a cheap option, Touchcab is only cheap if you already have the phone.

For your purposes, I would ask ESU to send one of their new wireless Controllers back with your ECos, at wholesale if not free Sneaky

For your phone, just buy a simple prepay one that you think will do the job !
Glen
Auckland NZ

" Every Marklin layout needs a V200, a Railbus and a Banana car", not to mention a few Black and red Steamers, oh and the odd Elok !

CS1 Reloaded, Touch Cab, C Track Modules, K track layout all under construction. Currently Insider
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by NZMarklinist