Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

8 Pages«<5678>
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline shannon  
#301 Posted : 22 July 2013 08:51:53(UTC)
shannon

Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
And now we have episode 61 in German. And a new episode of Märklin TV extra about 01 150.

Will we have the newly rebuilt 01 150 with the witte deflector like the movie by Marklin ? Laugh
Offline H0  
#302 Posted : 22 July 2013 11:50:13(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: shannon Go to Quoted Post
And now we have episode 61 in German. And a new episode of Märklin TV extra about 01 150.

Will we have the newly rebuilt 01 150 with the witte deflector like the movie by Marklin?
The Märklin speaker says "No" coz Märklin do not currently have the correct mould for that version.
My guess: This form variation will probably come sooner or later and maybe we will see a 01 150 with the new front from Märklin in a few years (and if they modify the tender, too, this could be their first 01 150 with the correct tender Wink ).

Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#303 Posted : 22 July 2013 11:58:09(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
And a new episode of Märklin TV extra about 01 150.

Which can be found at: http://www.maerklin.de/d...eff-ima2013/bahnhof.html
Offline steventrain  
#304 Posted : 30 August 2013 20:19:03(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Marklin TV extra - Marklintage 2013.

http://www.maerklin.de/d...n/mobatreff-ima2013.html
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by steventrain
Offline H0  
#305 Posted : 27 September 2013 23:21:00(UTC)
H0

Episode 62 is online now, but the Märklin newsletter wrote that it should come today. 20 minutes about IMA and Märklin days 2013.

http://www.maerklin.de/d...chungen/maerklin-tv.html

Currently only available in the Outsider area, not yet in the Insider area ...
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 5 users liked this useful post by H0
Offline Danlake  
#306 Posted : 28 September 2013 12:39:49(UTC)
Danlake

New Zealand   
Noticed a long interview with the “young owner” from Simba Dickie.

My German is not what it have been, can anyone give a small re-cap of the interview and their impression?

Also thought it was positive he attended the Marklin insider meeting.

Brgds - Lasse
Digital 11m2 layout / C (M&K) tracks / Era IV / CS3 60226 / Train Controller Gold 9 with 4D sound. Mainly Danish and German Locomotives.
Offline H0  
#307 Posted : 28 September 2013 13:13:31(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: Danlake Go to Quoted Post
My German is not what it have been, can anyone give a small re-cap of the interview and their impression?
Not many news IMHO.
Herr Bächle points out that the model of the BR 58.10-21 has 70 parts more than the BR 39 from a few years ago (the question was about some complaining about too many details and others complaining about not enough details). He also said they wanted to make Märklin products so good that people would no longer buy other brands. LOL

Herr Sieber said they bought Märklin to keep it for generations. He intends to stay in Göppingen for a long time (as Märklin CEO).

And then there is the usual talk about shifting production from Asia to Europe (they are still shifting), about growing in America and Russia, about availability of non-mainstream gauges (G, 1, N, Z).
It's Märklin TV - it's advertising, not critical journalism.

Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by H0
Offline Goofy  
#308 Posted : 28 September 2013 17:21:39(UTC)
Goofy

Originally Posted by: Danlake Go to Quoted Post
Not many news IMHO.
Herr Bächle points out that the model of the BR 58.10-21 has 70 parts more than the BR 39 from a few years ago (the question was about some complaining about too many details and others complaining about not enough details). He also said they wanted to make Märklin products so good that people would no longer buy other brands. LOL

Or Trix will be fine to buy it!! Flapper

H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
Offline sjlauritsen  
#309 Posted : 29 September 2013 16:10:45(UTC)
sjlauritsen

Denmark   
Originally Posted by: Goofy Go to Quoted Post
Or Trix will be fine to buy it!! Flapper

That would be something, but Märklin need to do some serious marketing if that is ever going to happen. Laugh

I like the Trix models, no doubt about it, but feel kind of alone with that feeling, because many of my 2-rail friends thinks everything made by Märklin is not worth their attention. It seems to be a common attitude among 2-railers.
Søren from Denmark
Blog: https://railway.zone/ | Danish Model Railway Forum: https://baneforum.dk/
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by sjlauritsen
H0
Offline Goofy  
#310 Posted : 29 September 2013 16:23:16(UTC)
Goofy

Some models derailments at Marklins short turnouts and in fact Marklin should fix problems about it!!
Why only talking about locomotivs and wagon models???
Marklins K-tracks needs to be changed too.
So watching at TV wasn´t so much to get information.
H0
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#311 Posted : 29 September 2013 16:23:21(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: sjlauritsen Go to Quoted Post
.......because many of my 2-rail friends thinks everything made by Märklin is not worth their attention. It seems to be a common attitude among 2-railers.

Their loss, they don't know what they are missing out on.
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline Goofy  
#312 Posted : 29 September 2013 16:28:05(UTC)
Goofy

Originally Posted by: Bigdaddynz Go to Quoted Post
.......because many of my 2-rail friends thinks everything made by Märklin is not worth their attention. It seems to be a common attitude among 2-railers.

Their loss, they don't know what they are missing out on.

Not truth...there is reason of why to choise 2 rail too.
I have no problem with my layout since i did fix some trouble.
I sure Marklinist have problems too.

H0
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#313 Posted : 29 September 2013 18:25:38(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Not truth...there is reason of why to choise 2 rail too.

I can't think of any reasons to buy 2 rail (for H0 use). Why would I want to buy (relatively speaking) Hornby rubbish or Bachmann garbage - which are what the alternatives are here. I don't think those brands are anywhere as good as MaTrix.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline H0  
#314 Posted : 29 September 2013 18:36:37(UTC)
H0

I don't think those brands are anywhere as good as MaTrix.
When going two-rail, you can buy Fleischmann, Gützold, Roco, Brawa, Tillig, Liliput, and many others more. You can also buy Trix - but several Trix models have a bad reputation (and some deserve it).
We've discussed it before: there are not "good" brands or "bad" brands, each brand has good and bad models. Some two-railers think that all Trix is bad and they won't even look at Trix models. Trix is a good choice if you like metal bodies and can live with some Märklinisms, but many Trix models are a bad choice for rivet counters.

Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#315 Posted : 29 September 2013 23:53:10(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
When going two-rail, you can buy Fleischmann, Gützold, Roco, Brawa, Tillig, Liliput, and many others more.

No NZ hobby shop that I know of carries those brands. As I said, most carry Bachmann or Hornby. But, thanks for the information.
Offline H0  
#316 Posted : 30 September 2013 00:09:15(UTC)
H0

No NZ hobby shop that I know of carries those brands.
Søren spake about people he knows - I presume those do not go shopping in NZ hobby shops. And IIRC you made one or two purchases on the Internet, too - so if you were a two-railer, you could get those brands from abroad.

Søren said that Trix has a bad reputation amongst two-railers he knows. I can subscribe that for parts of the German scene (some two-railers look seasick when they hear "Märklin" - those are the ones that also hate Trix; other two-railers have no problems with Märklin or Trix).
It may, of course, be different in NZ. But when Märklin and Trix make the best models in the world five years from now (as Herr Bächle predicted), it'll be a tough job to convince all two-railers to give Trix a second chance (and that's what Søren wrote with different words).
Once bitten, twice shy. Difficult to regain lost trust. That's Trix's situation in the European H0 world.
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by H0
Offline sjlauritsen  
#317 Posted : 30 September 2013 06:38:54(UTC)
sjlauritsen

Denmark   
Once bitten, twice shy. Difficult to regain lost trust. That's Trix's situation in the European H0 world.

With regards to the Danish market, I think Trix/Märklin should stop producing repaints of German models and pose them as Danish. We have a lot of other options from other manufacturers that are more realistic and true to "length scale". It just makes Trix/Märklin seem toyish when compared or, in some people's mind, arrogant. I think this is one of the reasons that many Danish 2-railers have second thoughts about Trix/Märklin models. Electrotrain has the same problem, many of their Danish models are pure fantasy. Roco has a lot of fine Danish models and people think highly of them.

I guess I'm saying that the market would be even bigger if the models were correct. Should Trix/Märklin ever try, they should choose their steps carefully. Because of the reputation Trix/Märklin has, people wont be as forgiving, so this leave Trix/Märklin with little room for errors. The models that are to scale and correct are very well received. The least they could do was to stop thinking that people would be satisfied with a German repaint. Those days are over. These days it is more of an insult.

It also seems to me that Märklin is afraid to give the Trix H0 brand too much attention. Perhaps because it could draw people away from the Märklin brand. Of course, only Märklin knows if this is true or not, but it sometimes feels that way.
Søren from Denmark
Blog: https://railway.zone/ | Danish Model Railway Forum: https://baneforum.dk/
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by sjlauritsen
H0
Offline mike187  
#318 Posted : 30 September 2013 09:22:21(UTC)
mike187

United States   
Interesting read... I always thought Marklin's appeal was its quality and durability over hard core detail and fidelity. If that were not the case would Marklin have folded decades ago in view of their then more detailed competition? (liliput, Fleischmann, Roco, etc) What will they gain or lose in their customer base If they compete head to head for more exacting detailed models? What about the collector/operators that cannot afford the layout space to accomodate the much larger radius track components? Why have not more operators simply abandoned Marklin for more true scale DC model choices?

OK now chime in... While I wait. I'll be painting a block of wood in Danish Livery : )
Offline H0  
#319 Posted : 30 September 2013 09:31:58(UTC)
H0

With regards to the Danish market, I think Trix/Märklin should stop producing repaints of German models and pose them as Danish.
That's a global MäTrix phenomenon: for the German market they use era III freight cars and paint them in era V/VI liveries - or use seat coaches and paint them as restaurant coaches or couchettes. USA is not my area of expertise, but the Bluebird was also criticized as wrong mould (coaches) with authentic livery.

It just makes Trix/Märklin seem toyish when compared or, in some people's mind, arrogant.
That's how German two-railers see them.

It also seems to me that Märklin is afraid to give the Trix H0 brand too much attention. Perhaps because it could draw people away from the Märklin brand.
This year they announced new Trix Fine Art models for two-rail and three-rail.
In earlier years Trix developed some new moulds (ET 56, RAm, E 19.0, TRAXX 185.2) that were not sold in three-rail versions yet.
The ET 56 and RAm where in length-scale 1:87, thus too long for many Märklin enthusiasts. They had a bad reception in the two-rail market (many flaws that could have been avoided with little or no extra costs). More models had been announced, but were cancelled after the insolvency.
Stefan Löbich said a few times that they had a multi-brand strategy (Märklin, Trix, LGB). We'll see what this leads to.
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline jvuye  
#320 Posted : 30 September 2013 15:01:41(UTC)
jvuye

Belgium   
Agree wit Tom's viewpoint, and I'll just add that if am not mistaking, Trix' main business is actually Minitrix N-gauge (a scale they were first to introduce, later to be followed by Arnold, Atlas, Fleischmann and others)

10 years ago, there was a serious attempt to push the "TRIX for 2-rail" brand in the US with an NMRA wheels spec Big Boy loco.

The model was well received and originally sold well, but suffered from axles' assembly tolerances discrepancies to the NMRA spec which caused a number of unhappy customers.
Then it also suffered from the same "ghost-bolt" syndrome, where the articulation pivot of the front wheels train would come loose from vibrations in transport.
A number of locos had to be re-called , re-turned to the factory for re-work and shipped back to the US.

Despite all the best (and sometimes heroic!) efforts of the local Märklin-Trix crew, it did not do too much good to the "premium price" brand image among the NMRA spec crowd, unfortunately.

Hard to get a second chance to make a good first impression!RollEyes

The US is a **tough** market if you plan to compete head to head with the current suppliers of US/ North American models.

However there is a very significant following for **European** model trains which represent "exotism" and "old world" history.
These model-railroaders all have their "system" to purchase Märklin stuff, essentially through European on-line dealers (In other words, a lot of "domestic sales" in Germany are actually "US export"..)

Working at serving that customer base properly is key, but, due to differences in geographic set-up and diverging buying habits, it requires a different business model, quite divergent from the Europe style.

I happen to have a close personal relationship with the "n° UNO" Märklin-Trix dealer in the US, and a very successful one at it too.

His business model has always been in perfect phase-opposition with Märklin's published strategies and requirements (for over 20 years now!)

If the "test of time" has any value: his business is flourishing while most "conventional" stores are closing shop one by one...

Will the new Märklin/Trix/LGB owner(s) be finally opening their eyes, ears and nostrils and smell the coffee that every single one of their predecessors have stubbornly decided to miss??

Right..off my soap-box...Wink I'll go back upstairs play with my trains!RollEyes

Cheers
Jacques Vuye aka Dr.Eisenbahn
Once a vandal, learned to be better and had great success!
Offline witzlerh  
#321 Posted : 07 October 2013 20:54:21(UTC)
witzlerh

Canada   
Marklin TV Episode 62 in English.
The wait was probably due to using a lot of english speaking guests on the IMA portion of the show.
I think that it was worth the extra wait once in a while.

I thought the interview was good and hopeful.
Harald
CS2 DB & Canadian Era 3-6
Offline Webmaster  
#322 Posted : 07 October 2013 21:19:33(UTC)
Webmaster

I just saw the German version of #62, and I appreciated the rather long interview with Siebel Jr & Bächle...

At least we got an interview with the new kid in town...

We all "know" that many US modellers are not so much into RTR, they rather buy some cheap Atlas junk or such and kitbash it to fit their needs...
I am of course only expressing my general impression of my perception of the US market, so please prove me wrong...

I have seen too many "Hand of God" operations myself on 2-rail DC H0 layouts to convince me that it should be the "better" system as some purists claim...
More prototypical rail profiles, wheels & such of course - but I myself don't wish to wipe all the track every time I want to run a train a little while for the fun of it, once a month or so...

That is my impression of 2-rail operation, even at the layout of the club I am a member of...
Juhan - "Webmaster", at your service...
He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. He who does not ask a question remains a fool forever. [Old Chinese Proverb]
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Webmaster
Offline witzlerh  
#323 Posted : 07 October 2013 23:46:59(UTC)
witzlerh

Canada   
Juhan, on the 2 rail subject, I agree with you.
I belong to a 2 rail club that runs operating sessions twice a month and it is fun, but challenging. The guys do not like to run steam loks as they have been unreliable. As I am familiar with high quality steam loks of Marklin, I do say that I can understand the boys that do not want to run the cheap steam. Lately there have been some better steam loks in inventory and they are good, but the stigma remains...

I am still trying to get them to run a TRIX Mikado to show what a real HO steam lok can do but no, it is too expensive. I have a friend that has a TRIX Big Boy but I do not think the scratch built bridges can handle the weight of the heavy lok....as beautiful as the bridges are.
Harald
CS2 DB & Canadian Era 3-6
Offline steventrain  
#324 Posted : 23 November 2013 09:25:58(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
TV Extra - CS2 cab Control.

>Marklin TV<
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by steventrain
Offline Goofy  
#325 Posted : 23 November 2013 09:39:39(UTC)
Goofy

That was fun! ThumpUp
H0
Offline Goofy  
#326 Posted : 23 November 2013 09:49:24(UTC)
Goofy

Originally Posted by: Webmaster Go to Quoted Post
I just saw the German version of #62, and I appreciated the rather long interview with Siebel Jr & Bächle...

At least we got an interview with the new kid in town...

We all "know" that many US modellers are not so much into RTR, they rather buy some cheap Atlas junk or such and kitbash it to fit their needs...
I am of course only expressing my general impression of my perception of the US market, so please prove me wrong...

I have seen too many "Hand of God" operations myself on 2-rail DC H0 layouts to convince me that it should be the "better" system as some purists claim...
More prototypical rail profiles, wheels & such of course - but I myself don't wish to wipe all the track every time I want to run a train a little while for the fun of it, once a month or so...

That is my impression of 2-rail operation, even at the layout of the club I am a member of...

Marklin has better service with models like locomotivs.
My Brawa 2 rail steam locomotivs are difficult to service and more sensible than Marklin.
Of course does 2 rail have good contact on the rail, but i know myself Marklin 3 rail has better contact.
It´s all matter about how to take care of the layout and locomotiv models.
American locomotiv models like Atlas, Athearn and so on are made of plastic and sometimes derailment on the tracks.
If Marklin wants to expanded market in USA, i suggest no! ThumbDown
Because USA has very big problems with the economy and i think taxes will become higher soon.
It makes more expensive with Marklin models in USA.
H0
Offline H0  
#327 Posted : 21 December 2013 09:46:01(UTC)
H0

And now we have episode 63 in German. News about the E 93 and an interview with Florian Sieber, CEO.

Looks as if the new E 93 will have the same pantographs they already used for the E 17 (for a few bucks more Sommerfeldt offer a nicer reproduction of the same prototype pantograph). They call it "premium model" (Spitzenmodell), but make it with cost-optimized and not so nice pantographs.
The German MRR magazine MIBA criticized the E 17 especially for the pantographs that do not suite such a high-price model.
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline Goofy  
#328 Posted : 21 December 2013 12:01:03(UTC)
Goofy

Okey...i accept 3 rail is better to run with it by use 3 rail locomotivs.

ThumpUp
H0
Offline Goofy  
#329 Posted : 21 December 2013 12:13:30(UTC)
Goofy

Very nice E93 07 model!!

ThumpUp
H0
Offline vilithejou  
#330 Posted : 31 January 2014 19:37:41(UTC)
vilithejou

Joan Vilarrúbia
vilithejou@yahoo.es
Fan of Märklín, Kroko lover
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by vilithejou
Offline Western Pacific  
#331 Posted : 31 January 2014 20:23:07(UTC)
Western Pacific

Sweden   
Originally Posted by: vilithejou Go to Quoted Post

I think it should be pointed out that this is the German language version and there are a number of interviews and they are relatively long. So for those of you who do not master spoken German, I'd suggest waiting for the English language version.

For those of you speaking German it is an early report from the Nürnberger Spielwarenmesse and besides presenting news from the Märklin group there are also short presentations of news from Faller, Vollmer and Noch.

Personally I think it is great that they have put together this video from the Spielwarenmesse in such a short time, since the trade show opened on January 29th (and ends on Febraury 3rd).
Offline kweekalot  
#332 Posted : 31 January 2014 20:43:31(UTC)
kweekalot

Netherlands   
Marklin must have read here on the forum !!
At 05:00 Wolfrad Bachle talks for 2 minutes about the complaints regarding the use of the 3 pole motors and why not 5 pole .... Woot
Offline kweekalot  
#333 Posted : 01 February 2014 11:13:22(UTC)
kweekalot

Netherlands   
Of maybe Mr Bachle had still Tom's letter in mind. BigGrin
Online mbarreto  
#334 Posted : 01 February 2014 12:21:49(UTC)
mbarreto

Portugal   

Can someone summarize what he says about the motors, please?

I liked a lot the Danish wine red Nohab and the cars it pulls. The red/black Danish Nohab is not appealing to me so much. This was
a surprise for me because in the new items pdf pictures I was more leaned to the red/black one and in the movie I clearly changed my mind to the Ep. III.

The BR41 also impressed me in the positive sense.

I like a lot see the videos of the new models.
Best regards,
Miguel
Mostly Märklin H0.

Offline kweekalot  
#335 Posted : 01 February 2014 15:15:36(UTC)
kweekalot

Netherlands   
Originally Posted by: mbarreto Go to Quoted Post

Can someone summarize what he says about the motors, please?

Sure we can ! BigGrin
Here is the quick translation of 05:00 to 07:00, the 'motor part' as told by Wolfrad Bachle:

Our highest goal is satisfied customers, we take their wishes seriously
We have long discussed when we use 3-pole motors and when 5-pole motors.
We know there are customers who are very satisfied, but there are also customers who say: "No, a 6 cylinder motor is better than a 4 cylinder".

Especially in the steam loco's it is very difficult to use the 5-pole motor due to the lack of space, especially through the thick walls of the die-cast metal housing of these loco's .

We have used a lot of 3-pole motors because due to the winding density and power transmission it was the best concept for Marklin at that moment.

We know that there are many customers who want 5-pole motors.
At the moment we do a lot of studies in order to compare the performance of the 3 and 5-pole motors with each other.

We hope to find the proper combination for the control, the transmission and the motor. For the steam locomotives we now have a good concept.

I don't want to be swayed - as our competitors do - to install the motor in the tender, then you can even use 7 or 9 pole motors if you want.

For the box shaped loco's with bogies we will see if we can use the 5 pole motors."

Marco

Edited by user 01 February 2014 18:57:40(UTC)  | Reason: spelling

thanks 9 users liked this useful post by kweekalot
Offline H0  
#336 Posted : 01 February 2014 16:30:54(UTC)
H0

Marco,
Thank you for the summary.

SDS did fit into the boiler of steamers. Motors with bell-shaped armatures did fit into the boilers of steamers. I'm happy with both these types of motors.

Now they tell us they have to use three-pole motors because five-pole motors do not fit into the boilers of steamers.

He says they wouldn't know yet whether the E 93 would come with a three-pole or five-pole motor as they would evaluate both options.

It's sure they noticed that some customers are unhappy. Some customers are unhappy because profit was more important than customer satisfaction. They started re-thinking their strategy, but didn't make a decision yet. Deeds are better than words - and so far we only heard "maybe".
Today's fortune cookie reads "Follow your instincts when making decisions." I followed my instincts when I placed my pre-orders for the 2014 trade fair new items.
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline jeehring  
#337 Posted : 01 February 2014 16:46:57(UTC)
jeehring

......(...)...The German MRR magazine MIBA criticized the E 17 especially for the pantographs that do not suite such a high-price model.

PFFFFF......MIBA !
LOL
They could criticize Marklin for one rivet missing...and laud any Non-Marklin cheap plastic model for a correct amount of rivets....

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by jeehring
Offline jeehring  
#338 Posted : 01 February 2014 16:53:24(UTC)
jeehring

Marco,
Thank you for the summary.

SDS did fit into the boiler of steamers. Motors with bell-shaped armatures did fit into the boilers of steamers. I'm happy with both these types of motors.

So you have changed your mind about SDS now ?
.....too late !
Your negative campaign about those " useless SDS motors " has already borne fruit & proven succesful....BigGrin Wink
Offline jeehring  
#339 Posted : 01 February 2014 17:14:55(UTC)
jeehring

Thanks MARCO !

Originally Posted by: kweekalot Go to Quoted Post
[Sure we can ! BigGrin

Here is the quick translation of 05:00 to 07:00, the 'motor part' as told by Wolfrad Bachle:

Our highest goal is satisfied customers, we take their wishes seriously
We have long discussed when we use 3-pole motors and when 5-pole motors.
We know there are customers who are very satisfied, but there are also customers who say: "No, a 6 cylinder motor is better than a 4 cylinder".

they really take us for idiots...
[
Especially in the steam loco's it is very difficult to use the 5 pole motor due to the lack of space, especially through the thick walls of the die-cast metal housing of these loco's .

they really take us for idiots...( may be they allude to 5 poles DCM motor ? LOL )

[
We have used a lot of 3 pole motors because due to the winding density and power transmission it was the best concept for Marklin at that moment.

they really take us for idiots

[We hope to find the proper combination for the control, the transmission and the motor. For the steam locomotives we now have a good concept.

A good concept ... which concept ? 3 poles motors ? Just explain why...(surely not the best concept)
they really take us for idiots...

[
I don't want to be swayed - as our competitors do - to install the motor in te tender, then you can even use 7 or 9 pole motors if you want.

.....here for sure, they really take us for idiots and ignorants...

[For the box shaped loco's with bogies we will see if we can use the 5 pole motors."

they really take us for idiots

I just let you guess about my conclusion...Wink

PS : Nothing about information to customers . What about to inform customers about the type of motor installed in the model we would like to buy ?
Online mbarreto  
#340 Posted : 01 February 2014 18:06:03(UTC)
mbarreto

Portugal   

Thank you, Marco! I really appreciated the summary in English.

The concept of the motor in the steamer's boiler is good. It is also understood once more that SDS is not part of their plans :(

The good part is that they are reviewing the strategy of motor and drive electronics. I am positive about they arrive to something that satisfies most of us.

Best regards,
Miguel
Mostly Märklin H0.

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by mbarreto
Offline H0  
#341 Posted : 01 February 2014 19:03:29(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: jeehring Go to Quoted Post
......(...)...The German MRR magazine MIBA criticized the E 17 especially for the pantographs that do not suite such a high-price model.
PFFFFF......MIBA !
LOL
They could criticize Marklin for one rivet missing...and laud any Non-Marklin cheap plastic model for a correct amount of rivets....
IMHO their test reports are fair. They criticize incorrect non-Märklin plastic models and they also laud nice Märklin models.

So you have changed your mind about SDS now?
No.

Your negative campaign about those " useless SDS motors " has already borne fruit & proven succesful...
Where did I write that? Provide a link or change your post.
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline Goofy  
#342 Posted : 02 February 2014 08:50:35(UTC)
Goofy

It doesn´t matter what aunt Märklin are saying something about 3 pole motor.
The problem is worse quality of motor and decoder of today from Märklin is not good.
When i did tested BR64,i did found out some drawbacks with the decoder.
3 pole motor is silent,but don´t fits so good with the mfx decoder.
When i did watched episode 64,i was expecting Märklin should changed the mind in question about decoder with cv adresses etc...
But there was no information about that.
It´s pitty to shame nobody here has done an test with ESU V.4 or M4 with the 3 pole motor and how does it respons with another decoder.
What about stummi forum?
How did members of stummi forum react the latest information in the Märklin TV eposide 64??
H0
Offline H0  
#343 Posted : 02 February 2014 09:26:31(UTC)
H0

It´s pitty to shame nobody here has done an test with ESU V.4 or M4 with the 3 pole motor and how does it respons with another decoder.
What about stummi forum?
I tried ESU decoders in two Märklin locos with three-pole motors. They run great with ESU decoders and abominable with the factory-installed mfx decoders. I wrote a few times that with respect to behaviour, the problem is not the motor, but the impotent decoder.
See also:
https://www.marklin-user...decoders.aspx#post435436

Several users on Stummi's forum also confirm that the locos run good with ESU decoders.

It's a pity Märklin do not mention the decoder problem on Märklin TV. The load regulation of Märklin decoders works good if the motor is good. By using better motors, they also work around their decoder problem - at least with their premium models.

Motor and decoder problems should not be discussed here, but the announcement on Märklin TV is on topic and can be discussed here.
Sorry for being partially off topic. Questions related to decoders or motors should be discussed in the other topics that already exist.
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline Goofy  
#344 Posted : 02 February 2014 09:58:51(UTC)
Goofy

Motor and decoder problems should not be discussed here, but the announcement on Märklin TV is on topic and can be discussed here.
Sorry for being partially off topic. Questions related to decoders or motors should be discussed in the other topics that already exist.

It´s information that counts.
And yes i welcome to discussion results after did watched the video.
So does with the motor and decoder,since there was discussion about that in the video.
Didn´t they talked about 3 pole motor?
There was nice models in the video show.

H0
Offline NZMarklinist  
#345 Posted : 05 February 2014 17:26:35(UTC)
NZMarklinist

New Zealand   
MARKLIN TV EPISODE 64 NOW IN ENGLISH !ThumpUp

Nohab Fans will love the beginning Smile

Lots of Electronics

Suzanne Volmer is Interviewed and with out taking the words into a/c ( I can't because my computer has gone mute Scared ) I think Vollmer decided they weren't going to get into Laser Cut and when they got the offer for their factory from Porsche, decided to take the oportunity to leave the business gracefully Sad

Edited by user 06 February 2014 02:53:03(UTC)  | Reason: TO MAKE SENSE OF MY POST

Glen
Auckland NZ

" Every Marklin layout needs a V200, a Railbus and a Banana car", not to mention a few Black and red Steamers, oh and the odd Elok !

CS1 Reloaded, Touch Cab, C Track Modules, K track layout all under construction. Currently Insider
Offline Paul59  
#346 Posted : 05 February 2014 18:32:00(UTC)
Paul59

United Kingdom   
Hi Glen. Any chance of a link please?
Ive searched around but it doesn't seem to be coming up on YouTube and the Maerklin.com page doesn't list any of the TV episodes.
Thanks,
Paul
Marklin HO using M track. Now reverted to analogue as I find it has more character - and I understand it!
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#347 Posted : 05 February 2014 21:11:55(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
You need to be an Insider member with a club logon id to be able to get the english versions - I don't think Marklin makes the English version publicly available like they do with the German.

Will merge this topic with the main MTV topic.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline kweekalot  
#348 Posted : 05 February 2014 21:21:31(UTC)
kweekalot

Netherlands   
Sad
I'm an outsider.
Offline Paul59  
#349 Posted : 05 February 2014 21:26:17(UTC)
Paul59

United Kingdom   
Ah thanks, BigdaddyNZ.
I was wondering if that was the case. Seems strange that they go to the trouble to make an English version and then don't let the vast majority see it.

Still, no loss… BigGrin

Paul
Marklin HO using M track. Now reverted to analogue as I find it has more character - and I understand it!
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Paul59
Offline clapcott  
#350 Posted : 05 February 2014 22:10:57(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
Do I understand the reference to C-Track additions correcty?, that the new item are limited to .
- HS curved turnouts (variant of 24671/2 = maybe 24771/2)
- - will it be R3<>R4 with an option (straight insert) for R4<>R5
- HS double-slip (variant of 24624 = maybe 24712 <already taken> therefore 24724? )

Noting separately that the P-Track (myworld) crossover has a 30 degree R1 profile that is not a piece available in C-Track
Peter