Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Hemmerich  
#51 Posted : 17 August 2010 01:59:03(UTC)
Hemmerich

-

Edited by user 19 November 2010 01:48:21(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline mike c  
#52 Posted : 17 August 2010 03:03:58(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Hemmerich wrote:
mike c wrote:
Not every dent, scratch or minor alteration needs to be reproduced in the model

If prototypically correct, it should surely include all changes made according to the revsion date indicated on the model. However, given the extraordinary long time between the model announcement years ago and its final release it could well be that certain changes were simply "forgotten". Unsure

Quote:
it seems that most modellers appear to be very pleased with the model.

Surely also about ROCO's decision to deliver this set w/o interior lights (would just be partly understandable for the non-decoder DC version); especially in spite of the model's not really low price. Laugh

It will also be interesting to see how this alters the function table which was provided here earlier: Laugh

F0: Lights On/Off (Function)
F1: Sound
F2: Horn 1 (short)
F4: Horn 2 (long)
F5: Doors open/closing (sound)
F8: Announcement Solothurn
F9: Service Announcement
F10: Announcement Biel
F11: Boarding Announcement
F12: Announcement Olten

I cannot comment on specific revision dates as I have not yet received my model. I also cannot comment on whether any of the changes to the prototype model as alluded to by Mr Hemmerich were made during an official revision or were necessitated by damage that required unscheduled maintenance rather than a full inspection/revision.

As far as the digital functions, I don't think that they will be affected on the "non-decoder DC version" Laugh

Speaking of not really low prices and Swiss trains. I wonder how all those people who paid over 1000CHF for the 39540 or the 37546 are feeling now that Maerklin is trying to push them out at less than 800CHF?

Regards

Mike C
Offline TimR  
#53 Posted : 17 August 2010 08:59:21(UTC)
TimR

Indonesia   
mike c wrote:
Speaking of not really low prices and Swiss trains. I wonder how all those people who paid over 1000CHF for the 39540 or the 37546 are feeling now that Maerklin is trying to push them out at less than 800CHF?

Speaking of specials, 37546 is now available at around 100 Euro less than what they were last year. Seems that these don't really sell that well..
Now collecting C-Sine models.
Offline supermoee  
#54 Posted : 18 August 2010 19:40:05(UTC)
supermoee

Switzerland   
mike c wrote:

Regards

Mike C

Hello Mike,

let's wait for what you will say, when Roco will sell the ICN at half price of that you are buying now. LOL

Roco is famous for selling out his stock from times to times with the happiness of who bought already the models at full price.

buying something immediately after his coming out cost always more, independently from the product. For this higher price you get something new, what a lot of other people do not have for instance. this advantage wants to be paid. This is a known economy rule everywhere.

The ones who are buying something after the price drops, are buying something "old", less attractive, less value.

For the one who do not care this can be a big saving opportunity. BigGrin

What should the people say who bought the mobile vision at full price 899 Euro some years ago? I bought it at 249 Euro one month ago

Last year, in occasion of the coming out of the new Mercedes E-class model and thanks to economic crysis, I bought a old version which they had on stock with approx 32.000 Euro discount. Think to all the people who paid full price for it Flapper. I'm sure the garage earned money anyway.
Yes, I have an older model, but who cares about? is running as expected. BigGrin

rgds

Stephan
Offline mike c  
#55 Posted : 18 August 2010 21:14:07(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Here is a link that was posted in the Swiss Hag Forum. You can very clearly hear the various sounds and see the operation.

http://www.trainmovies.org/videos-bilder/moba/

Not quite sure about the Olten station announcement ("Olten, your next connections..."). This will sound rather funny if you only have three tracks in your station.
They give the Biel train arriving, Olten station announcement and Solothurn departure announcements and the train boarding announcement.
I think people will be happy with the sounds in German, English and French.

Regards

Mike C
Offline Hemmerich  
#56 Posted : 19 August 2010 01:20:07(UTC)
Hemmerich

-

Edited by user 19 November 2010 01:48:53(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline mike c  
#57 Posted : 19 August 2010 01:49:36(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
I guess that in a perfect world, there would be a sound decoder and speakers integrated into station buildings and platforms which would emit announcements like the "Ihre naechste Anschluesse..." message included with the sound decoder in the Roco ICN.
I, personally, would have preferred a generic announcement, with a list of major cities, which would be more suitable for any generic station in Switzerland. A recording saying "Your next connections, Intercity to Zuerich..., Eurocity to Chiasso, ICN to Basel, Intercity to Geneva... etc" without giving intermediate stations could be possibly more interesting. I will learn more about the Zimo sound decoder and may see if they can be modified.
As far as Arrival/Departure, I guess that the safest option would be to have included a departure announcement in German and English as well as one in French and Italian, both for say, track 2 or 3, which would be more common in any Swiss station instead of track 6 or 9.
All in all, I do have to say that I am looking forward to the model and the sound as it is is still better than anything that Maerklin has delivered on any Swiss model released to date.

Regards

Mike C
Offline Hemmerich  
#58 Posted : 19 August 2010 21:40:26(UTC)
Hemmerich

-

Edited by user 19 November 2010 01:49:21(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline mascagni  
#59 Posted : 19 August 2010 22:04:10(UTC)
mascagni

supermoee wrote:
mascagni wrote:
I have taken this train from Zürich to St. Gallen many times. And from Zürich to Lausanne/Geneve many times. It's a great train, but my impression is that it does not that much faster (if at all faster) on these lines than an Re460 pulling standard passenger wagons.

This post begins to be more about the prototype, sorry.--MM

Hello Michael,

the tilting technology is bringing no advantage on straight lines (or with wides curves). The big advantage is coming on very curvy lines, where the tilting technology permits to run faster through narrow curves.

On development phase the ICN was meant to run on the Gottard line, where the max speed without tilting technology is 80km/h. The track saving Navigator system of the ICN bogies was engineeried for this narrow curves. But in the first years of service of the ICN the train ran only on the west-east lines of Switzerland, nearly in a plane and straight. What a waste for this expensive technology.

since nearly 2 years now the train is running finally on the south - north relation passing the Gottard, the line for what is was built for.

rgds

Stephan

Stephan: It is true that I rode the ICN mostly East and West. It is also true that the Swiss rail network and the country itself is oriented East to West. However, I thought that the new Gottard Basis Tunnel was going to allow high speed trains to operate south through the Alps without needing the "Pendelino" capabilities.--MM
Michael Mascagni, Tallahassee
If I weren't a Mathematician, I'd be a Violinist.--Albert Einstein
Offline mascagni  
#60 Posted : 19 August 2010 22:08:54(UTC)
mascagni

mike c wrote:
I guess that in a perfect world, there would be a sound decoder and speakers integrated into station buildings and platforms which would emit announcements like the "Ihre naechste Anschluesse..." message included with the sound decoder in the Roco ICN.
I, personally, would have preferred a generic announcement, with a list of major cities, which would be more suitable for any generic station in Switzerland. A recording saying "Your next connections, Intercity to Zuerich..., Eurocity to Chiasso, ICN to Basel, Intercity to Geneva... etc" without giving intermediate stations could be possibly more interesting. I will learn more about the Zimo sound decoder and may see if they can be modified.
As far as Arrival/Departure, I guess that the safest option would be to have included a departure announcement in German and English as well as one in French and Italian, both for say, track 2 or 3, which would be more common in any Swiss station instead of track 6 or 9.
All in all, I do have to say that I am looking forward to the model and the sound as it is is still better than anything that Maerklin has delivered on any Swiss model released to date.

Regards

Mike C

The announcements are true to form, and also have the requisite "SBB musical tones" associated with them.

On a similar note, I like the sounds in the TGV from Mehano as they too have the correct "SNCF musical tones" preceding the announcements. Will the Maerklin TGV also have those dulcet "SNCF musical tones"? As a musician, having the correct musical sounds means a lot in triggering pleasant trainish memories.--MM
Offline mike c  
#61 Posted : 20 August 2010 06:05:41(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Hemmerich wrote:
mike c wrote:
...and the sound as it is is still better than anything that Maerklin has delivered on any Swiss model released to date.

Which raises the question how many Märklin full sound Swiss models this person actually has or ever saw live. LOL LOL LOL

Lutz - Now you are speculating about something you don't know - again.. Please stop. /Webmaster

29850 Ae 6/6 + Re 460
39420/21 Re 4/4I
37546 RABe EC
39540 RAe TEE
37320 Re 6/6
37321 Re 620

Hag w/ESU Re 4/4II

Roco w/ESU Re 6/6. Re 460* (Personally modified sounds)

Most of the Maerklin loks can only render one sound at a time, meaning that the motor noise or the active sound stops when the whistle or departure announcement (new sound) is activated.
I have not yet received the Roco ICN. Last DHL scan showed it as having arrived in New York. I am looking forward to seeing the trainset in action.

So, on that basis, I made the statement about the Roco model being better than anything that I have received from Maerklin to date.

Regards

Mike C

Offline Rinus  
#62 Posted : 20 August 2010 14:48:21(UTC)
Rinus

I'm sure it will be a nice model Mike. The link of the sounds were promising.

And agian I think we must be happy that there is a manufacturer who invests time and money to create a model that we did not had the opprotunity to buy untill now.

Looking forward to your review once you recieve your package.

Regards,

Rinus
Offline mike c  
#63 Posted : 20 August 2010 20:28:43(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
mascagni wrote:
The announcements are true to form, and also have the requisite "SBB musical tones" associated with them.

The SBB has several tones that are heard prior to announcements. I was not aware until a few years ago that the notes are associated with the letters SBB, CFF and FFS.

In Stations, at the start of the announcement, German announcements are preceeded by the tones "SBB", French by "CFF" and Italian by "FFS".

I don't remember whether the same tones were used as far back as the 1970s.

Regards

Mike C

Offline SINCrazee  
#64 Posted : 22 August 2010 12:42:28(UTC)
SINCrazee

No. I will not buy this train myself. Not value for more. Too many annoucements and very few locomotives sounds are really setbacks to this model . Marklin wins me over with their 37787 compared to this! I will not pay more than 1000CHF for this complete model where I can get the Sapsan with LED interior lights and sound. Isn't that much better?ThumpUp BigGrin
C-track carpetbahn, R1 ,R2,R3 with MS2 and a CS2 plus Marklin and HAG trains..
Offline mike c  
#65 Posted : 23 August 2010 02:00:15(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
SINCrazee. I am not quite sure what you are referring to. The ICN is going for much less than 1000CHF in Switzerland. Export orders from Germany start at just over 400 EUR. I have also seen some good prices offered by dealers outside of Europe which come close to the European export prices. In the end, it is up to the customer. I think that it is very nice that Roco included Swiss and French announcements for the train. It will appeal to more modellers that way.
When you look at your Velaro, be sure to check to see how many of the sounds it can handle at one time. Many of the Maerklin sound modules cut off the existing sound as soon as a new sound is selected. Complete sound decoders do not interrupt the playing sound if a new one is selected, so the motor sounds do not stop when you press the horn.

Regards

Mike C
Offline Hemmerich  
#66 Posted : 23 August 2010 03:52:17(UTC)
Hemmerich

-

Edited by user 19 November 2010 01:50:25(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Hemmerich  
#67 Posted : 23 August 2010 04:00:08(UTC)
Hemmerich

-

Edited by user 19 November 2010 01:50:50(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline TimR  
#68 Posted : 23 August 2010 04:08:50(UTC)
TimR

Indonesia   
Hemmerich wrote:

Opposed to those two models the ROCO ICN (AC full sound decoder model) bears substantial drawback for numerous Märklin users: the decoder doesn't support mfx -

ECoS, CS-1 reloaded, and CS2 already support DCC, aren't they?
So the issue incompatibility is not really such an unbridegable gap like it used to in the old days when MFX was a closed system.

And there are still more users out there with 6021 or IB-2 who so far never had the ability to support MFX anyways.

While we are criticizing Roco manuals, let's not start with the numerous errors in the many Marklin manuals or spare part diagrams.. Let's just say if they are that good, there won't be as many questions posted in this forum.
then we'll be comparing apples with apples.
Now collecting C-Sine models.
Offline mike c  
#69 Posted : 23 August 2010 04:19:34(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Hemmerich wrote:
Note to the Webmaster: I know very well what I'm talking/writing about; since I'm not comparing apples with pears like others do and thus wrote "full sound" on purpose. So far Märklin has delivered two types of ICN decoder comparable Swiss models with FULL sound (mfx) decoders - the Ae 6/6 and Re460; I was just curious if mike c knew or had any more than those two. Both sounds are by no means "worse" than those of other brand's counterpart models; they are just different. Especially the ESU sounds used to "retrofit" ROCO (or delivered with HAG) models are mostly identical to those of the Märklin Ae 6/6 and Re460; not surprising at all since they share very much the same sound code.

Opposed to those two models the ROCO ICN (AC full sound decoder model) bears substantial drawback for numerous Märklin users: the decoder doesn't support mfx - and it even lacks adequate documentation of the decoder functions applied to this model; which is knowingly standard for almost every alike Märklin product. Mfx would at least tell the users which functions are used; also for what kind. I could as well "experience" this model in the meantime; the (missing) ICN interior light for example is switched via f2 - whereas the "assumed documentation" by mike c specifies it to be one of the horns. Looks like ROCO still has some homework to do for this nice model.

If you read my response to your original post, you would see the list of Maerklin sound loks that I have and have used in my assessment of this model.
As far as the functions of the decoder of the ICN, I quoted a posting in the Swiss Hag Forum. I never assumed that this was any official documentation.
As far as the lighting, the Roco model is equipped for easy installation of interior lighting that is controllable digitally. It may be of interest to some that the model come with a MFX decoder, but there is no prerequisite for this, especially as Maerklin has made many changes to the technology over the past few years (controllers, decoders, etc), so Roco likely wanted something that was Motorola compatible (minimal).

Hemmerich wrote:
mike c wrote:
SINCrazee. I am not quite sure what you are referring to.

He is referring to an ICN comparable Märklin model, the Velaro Sapsan, product #37787. This model comes factory equipped not only with full sound decoder like the ICN, but also already with interior light - thus he also doesn't attempt to compare apples with pears (i.e. models with full sound vs. "Geräuschbausteine"). Maybe the station announcement is even in Russian! BigGrin

My question to SINCrazee was not about which model he was referring to. It was about his assertion that the ICN cost over 1000CHF, when it can be had for 600-750CHF at most shops in Switzerland. I do not know much about the Sapsan model, nor can I attest to whether it has a full sound decoder, minimal or complete sound module. I also do not know if it is capable of rendering more than one sound at a time. I presume that if it is equipped with one of the ESU OEM MFX Sound decoders, it would operate as other ESU decoders, which are capable of multiple voice signals at once. I have not seen whether Maerklin's own sound module (with full sound) can do the same.

Please quote "in context" and do not try to chop up what other people have posted to make a quote to suit your intended reply.

Respectfully,

Mike C
Offline 5HorizonsRR  
#70 Posted : 27 August 2010 01:22:24(UTC)
5HorizonsRR

United States   
All,
Does anyone know when the 69152 add on car sets are being released? I'm curious as I'm eager to combine the package and have them ship to me at once- my 69151 is sitting at the dealer waiting. Drool
SBB Era 2-5
Offline mike c  
#71 Posted : 27 August 2010 03:25:17(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
I think that the add-on set was due around week 34. It will likely reach most dealers sometime during the month of September. I have read one report that mentioned that one dealer listed it as available, but have not seen a confirmation to date.
ETS and several other German and Swiss dealers list weekly new releases, so you should be able to tell when it has hit the stores in Europe.

Regards

Mike C
Offline Hemmerich  
#72 Posted : 27 August 2010 17:15:29(UTC)
Hemmerich

-

Edited by user 19 November 2010 01:52:15(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline mike c  
#73 Posted : 27 August 2010 20:15:50(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
I'm sorry. I am trying to be a good member, but when I read criticism of a non-Maerklin AC model that it is not equipped with a mfx decoder, I feel that I have no choice but to respond.

To the best of my knowledge, none of the major manufacturers other than Maerklin have jumped on the mfx bandwagon. I have seen a few dealers offer Hag and perhaps a few other brands with mfx decoders, but none of these have been OEM equipment. Why should Roco models be any different?

Roco should provide a list of functions for the decoder. I have got to admit that Maerklin has always been tops when it comes to describing features like sounds. They provide a clear list of the functions for 6021, MS and CS. Unfortunately, too many companies just insert a manual from the decoder company which describes the general capabilities of the decoder, without listing any specific details that pertain directly to the model in question. For ESU decoders, it was relatively easy to figure out the sounds by visiting the ESU website or by using the Lokprogrammer.

For other decoders, like the Zimo found in the ICN trainset, I presume that a different programmer will be required to access the sounds.
I, personally, liked the fact that for the last decade or so, pretty much all of my decoders could be accessed via the Lokprogrammer, as almost all of the loks had either OEM or aftermarket ESU decoders. Having to have a separate programmer for different loks, including the non ESU mfx by Maerklin, sounds like a pain in the neck.

As far as the "full sound" Swiss loks from Maerklin. I have the two from the Start Set. I do not have the subsequent Ae 6/6 (Ae 610) models that had the same equipment. Those models contain the loksound decoders and include all the sounds as offered by ESU for the Re 460 (Start Set) and Ae 6/6. It is also possible that the 37460 Re 460 had full sound, but I cannot confirm as I do not own this lok.

Once again, getting back to SINCrazee's comment about the Velaro Sapsan. Yes, it was clear that he would prefer that train over the ICN. In part, his assessment was based on a statement that the Roco ICN would cost over 1000CHF. As that member lives in Asia, he could get the main set for around 450 EUR and the add-on coach set for less than 100 EUR, bringing the total cost (Export) to around 550 EUR. The exchange rates between the Euro, the Swiss Franc and the dollar or local currency are beyond our control.

As far as lighting the Roco trainset. Each coach is equipped for connection of interior lighting, which can be controlled via the decoder. I have not yet received my Set, as it is still "running on the layout" at US Customs. Once I receive it, I will check out the instructions and if necessary, contact Roco for any additional information that I might require regarding sound and lighting issues. As far as the Velaro Sapsan, it is not a Swiss train, and therefore not a model that I have any interest in, but that's just my personal preference.

Regards

Mike C
Offline MarioFabro  
#74 Posted : 27 August 2010 20:48:08(UTC)
MarioFabro

United States   
Mike C, please let us know as soon as you receive the model with a full and usual unbiased review. I appreciate your help and attitude to keep this forum objective.

I am interested in this model but will hold back a bit before buying it. I am not to happy with Roco these days, mostly because of the delicate nature of their models. I would rather go for the Marklin version but they prefer to re-run what they have through paint jobs (see Velaro Sapsan) than to develop new models. Let me rephrase this: they probably want to limit the investment that it takes to fully develop new models and coming now out with the TGV, I don't expect them developing an ICN any time soon.

However, I would not substitute the russian ICE for the ICN as I model Swiss trains and I don't think that a Moscow-Zurich train based on the Velaro Sapsan is in the works. I have DB ICE 1 and 3 as can be seen every day in Zurich. I also have the TGV on order since I believe it went all the way to Geneva at times.
UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImageEra IV-VI --- "If you have brains you love trains" or "When I grow up, I will play with trains"
Offline Hemmerich  
#75 Posted : 27 August 2010 21:26:52(UTC)
Hemmerich

-

Edited by user 19 November 2010 01:52:52(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline mike c  
#76 Posted : 08 September 2010 06:58:55(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
As of 6PM this evening, I have my 69151 in my possession. So far, all I have done is to connect the restaurant (coach with motor) and the two pilot coaches. I have tested the lights. The red LEDs look nice, although from some angles, the lights appear to shine from more than just one of the headlights. The white LEDs are not yellowish or bluish (or is it blueish), but could be a little brighter IMHO. The sounds accessible from the 6021 are as follows: F1 operating sounds (engine, brakes, etc), F2 short horn, F3 accel/decel/shunting, F4 long horn. The various announcements must be accessible using F5 through F8, but these are not readily accessible from the 6021.
I found it a little complicated to couple the coaches together. It almost required turning the train on it's side. I would prefer a design that allowed the operator to couple it on the tracks rather than having to couple it and then place the entire consist on the tracks. 3 coaches was difficult enough. I would imagine that transplanting the entire 7-coach consist must be quite a challenge. The design of the couplings is not quite as bad as the Liliput Flirt, but I do find the solution used by RailTop on the RAm and Maerklin on the Gottardo to be better in some aspects.
I do not have the Roco RAm or the ICE-TD, but I wonder how those connectors compare to the one used here.
I will provide a more comprehensive review after I have had the chance to run the trainset a little. Looks like a good excuse to set up the teppichbahn (floor layout) in the next few days.

Regards

Mike C
Offline mascagni  
#77 Posted : 08 September 2010 15:43:51(UTC)
mascagni

Comments to Mike's First Impressions:

Lights: I agree that the white lights are too dim. In fact, it took me a while to actually realize that the lights worked. I could see the red lights in the rear, but in a sunny room, the white lights are washed out.

Coupling: I also had to couple the train BEFORE placing it on the tracks. With the 5-car consist, this is not too hard, but much longer, and I would have trouble. I like the ROCO RAm TEE coupling better than these, and the couplers used in Maerklin ICEs better (even the Mehano couplers are easier to work with). However, the seem better in some regards to the Maerklin Gottardo couplers.

Functions: Only F1-F4 work on my CS1. I suspect that there is a way to get to extra functions by using a second address. However, the decoder documentation is very minimal. Can anyone suggest where online to get information on how to configure these sorts of decoders?

Thanks.--MM
Offline MarioFabro  
#78 Posted : 13 September 2010 17:49:28(UTC)
MarioFabro

United States   
Thanks to Mike & Michael. Pictures will be greatly appreciated
UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImageEra IV-VI --- "If you have brains you love trains" or "When I grow up, I will play with trains"
Offline mike c  
#79 Posted : 20 September 2010 01:50:29(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
mascagni wrote:

Functions: Only F1-F4 work on my CS1. I suspect that there is a way to get to extra functions by using a second address. However, the decoder documentation is very minimal. Can anyone suggest where online to get information on how to configure these sorts of decoders?

Thanks.--MM

By changing the value of CV112 (read and write on my Lokprogrammer), I was able to access the Motorola 2nd Address Feature and the additional sounds (door opening/closing/Solothurn Departure)

You can read more about the settings in my thread in the Digital topic: https://www.marklin-user...m=253967&#post253967

Regards

Mike C
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by mike c
Offline MarioFabro  
#80 Posted : 27 September 2010 18:42:49(UTC)
MarioFabro

United States   
Mike, can we see some pictures of the ICN?
Offline mike c  
#81 Posted : 28 September 2010 00:31:36(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Mario,

I could not possibly top any of these videos from YouTube:

The user who posted the first three video clips also has some other nice videos of Swiss models on his layout.

Regards

Mike C
Offline Rinus  
#82 Posted : 28 September 2010 10:42:36(UTC)
Rinus

MarioFabro wrote:
Mike, can we see some pictures of the ICN?

Yeah, wenn can we spot a review in the review section?

Regards,

Rinus
Offline mike c  
#83 Posted : 28 September 2010 22:42:18(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
I will have a comprehensive review of the model by the end of the week.

Regards

Mike C
Offline mmervine  
#84 Posted : 03 April 2011 08:54:31(UTC)
mmervine

United States   
For anyone that has this model...what is the minimum radius for operation?
Märklin C-track, Marklin Digital & ECoS, multi-era French & Swiss
http://www.ete-ene.org/m...mervines-layout-gallery/
Offline grifone  
#85 Posted : 16 March 2014 18:19:51(UTC)
grifone

Spain   
I plan to buy this train, but i have 2 options, well in fact just only 1, with sound but it's around 500€, and in the other hand maybe I can buy another without sound (AC Digital) much more cheaper, is there any other difference? It's easy to put a loksound decoder? Thanks!
Offline mike c  
#86 Posted : 17 March 2014 02:39:55(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Grifone,

If you shop around, the set can be had at a reduced price from a number of dealers.

As the second series came out, many dealers still had quantities of the first version on their shelves.

Regards

Mike C
Offline grifone  
#87 Posted : 17 March 2014 23:23:28(UTC)
grifone

Spain   
Originally Posted by: mike c Go to Quoted Post
Grifone,

If you shop around, the set can be had at a reduced price from a number of dealers.

As the second series came out, many dealers still had quantities of the first version on their shelves.

Regards

Mike C

Thanks Mike, but i don't find it anywhere, except in a place that's saved for a guy that's pending to go for it (and I hope he finally don't get it LOL LOL LOL )
Offline mike c  
#88 Posted : 18 March 2014 04:40:13(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by mike c
Offline river6109  
#89 Posted : 18 March 2014 05:29:18(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square
Mike,

just out of interest, did you ever post a review about the ICN, I couldn't find any.

expanding my question from the private post I've send you, how do you acti9vate all the sound slots or are you in the same boat as everyone one else who has a 6021.

John

https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode
Offline grifone  
#90 Posted : 18 March 2014 19:55:58(UTC)
grifone

Spain   

Thanks so much Mike! Finally i bought it in Huenerbeien at a great price! I was waiting the option that i said because the train was at 275€, but finally they sold it..
Offline mike c  
#91 Posted : 19 March 2014 04:31:50(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Originally Posted by: river6109 Go to Quoted Post
Mike,

just out of interest, did you ever post a review about the ICN, I couldn't find any.

expanding my question from the private post I've send you, how do you acti9vate all the sound slots or are you in the same boat as everyone one else who has a 6021.

John

I got a MS2 and then discovered that the sounds on my 69151 were not acting correctly. I am trying to figure out a fix. It may be that activating the so-called second Motorola address caused the sounds to no longer appear in the correct functions.
I am hoping that everything will be normal if I deactivate that feature. If not, I will have to reset the decoder to factory values and hope that that solves the problem. My 69154 is working normally. I never activated the second MM feature on that one.

Regards

Mike C

Offline grifone  
#92 Posted : 22 March 2014 07:49:54(UTC)
grifone

Spain   
Well finally yesterday arrived my ICN Roco 69150 (Thanks Mike_C for your help!!) and it looks very fine, now i'll change the decoder by a LokSound with it's own sounds :-D
grifone attached the following image(s):
IMG_2199.jpg
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by grifone
Offline Dr. Honeydew  
#93 Posted : 21 February 2016 09:10:40(UTC)
Dr. Honeydew

United States   
Originally Posted by: mike c Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: river6109 Go to Quoted Post
Mike,

John

I got a MS2 and then discovered that the sounds on my 69151 were not acting correctly. I am trying to figure out a fix. It may be that activating the so-called second Motorola address caused the sounds to no longer appear in the correct functions.
I am hoping that everything will be normal if I deactivate that feature. If not, I will have to reset the decoder to factory values and hope that that solves the problem. My 69154 is working normally. I never activated the second MM feature on that one.

Regards

Mike C

Mike,

Did you ever manage to get your 69151 working correctly with your MS2?

Regards,
Rick F.