Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline AshleyH  
#1 Posted : 26 May 2010 12:29:19(UTC)
AshleyH

United Kingdom   
Hi All

After much deliberation, yesterday I finally ordered a Marklin Mobile Vision 26020 set from a dealer I trust on Ebay.
The price was finally about right I think, Euro 379,90, which at current exchange rates means I've landed it for GBP 347 including shipping.

Gaugemaster have the 26001 in stock for a laughable GBP 895 which is more than the Euro 849 SRP.

As far as I can tell the 26001 set was launched in late 2008 at Euro 849 and presumably did not sell, so then was 'rebranded' in 2009 with MHI 20 Year logos as 26020 with a reduced SRP of Euro 499.

Are there any other differences between the two sets?

Did any other members purchase one of these? If anyone is interested the same seller has just relisted one for the same price of Euro 379,90, he also has one on 'Buy It Now' for Euro 499.See link below.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ma...&hash=item439f828778

It should be here in about a week so I will report back then.

Best Regards
Ashley
Offline dntower85  
#2 Posted : 26 May 2010 21:08:13(UTC)
dntower85

United States   
I would rather have a full ICE train set. and add the camera to a used box car my self.
just too expensive when you can compare it to this http://www.trendtimes.com/camera.html
DT
Now powered by ECoS II unit#2, RocRail
era - some time in the future when the space time continuum is disrupted and ICE 3 Trains run on the same rails as the Adler and BR18's.
Offline supermoee  
#3 Posted : 27 May 2010 16:54:15(UTC)
supermoee

Switzerland   
Hello DT,

do not forget, in this trainset there is not only 1 normal camera as you linked. You have display glasses (which cost more than 100Euro on the market) with movement sensors. if you turn your head while you a wearing the glasses, the camera on the train will move left right to look besides the track

Hello Ashley,

as far as I know there is no difference between the 2 trainsets. For the first set they just set the price too high. The MHI limited edition has lower price to get them out of the stock.

In the Märklin Museum they have plenty of this sets at 399 Euro (26020) and 499 Euro (26001) in the "second choice" shop.

For me the price is still too high for the usage of this train. Once you will get it, you will let it turn on your layout, but I can immagine that after 20-30 turns it will become boring to see every time the same images. and then? you will put it in the corner and forget it there. Paying that bunch of money for 30 rounds makes more than 10 Euro / round

The train has poor PIC decoder and no pick up shoe switching depending from the direction you choose.

The quality of the video is good, but is strong disturbed when the train is passing on switches and other "bad contact" areas. see here:

rgds

Stephan
Offline steventrain  
#4 Posted : 30 May 2010 13:30:37(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
AshleyH wrote:
Hi All

Are there any other differences between the two sets?

Best Regards
Ashley

Both are same, I think.

But 26020 have 'MHI 20 Year' logos on power car.
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
Offline xxup  
#5 Posted : 30 May 2010 15:51:33(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
I would have a 26020, but there is only one on eBAY and it is selling way beyond the 399 EURO.. Is there a way to buy from the Museum?
Adrian
UserPostedImage
Australia flag by abFlags.com
Offline nilkram58  
#6 Posted : 08 June 2010 22:56:53(UTC)
nilkram58

Greece   
AshleyH
Quote:
It should be here in about a week so I will report back then.

Hi Ashley,
any news?? Did you receive the 26020 Mobile Vision?? I just received mine, and first impressions are quite good. I have not checked the VGA output for recording the video stream yet, but the vision through the two LCD screens is acceptable. Lot of fun with the movement gyros though!!!
Regards,
Akis
Offline AshleyH  
#7 Posted : 11 June 2010 05:11:05(UTC)
AshleyH

United Kingdom   
Hello Akis, yes I received mine safely last week. It looks a wonderful set, but I have not yet tried it out. The goggles do not fit over my glasses though!!

One thing slightly disappointing is my camera car has no drivers windscreen glazing. Is that how it comes?

I guess plastic glazing may affect the focus of the camera if this is correct.

I will try to play this weekend and report back again!!

Regards
Ashley
Offline nilkram58  
#8 Posted : 11 June 2010 16:36:39(UTC)
nilkram58

Greece   
Hi Ashley,
correct, it has no windscreen glazing, since it wiould affect the focus. I also wear glasses, and true, it is a little bit uncomfortable, but otherwise it is a lot of fun. Actually, I am looking now a way to record the video output to a portable video device, so, it would be nice to carry it with you in various layouts.
Offline steventrain  
#9 Posted : 11 June 2010 20:14:50(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
If the windscreen fitted then can't see it.
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
Offline supermoee  
#10 Posted : 18 June 2010 16:41:27(UTC)
supermoee

Switzerland   
Hello,

actually a lot of MHI products are sold out at very low prices. As already is mentioned in the Stummi Forum, Märklin and Roco are selling out their stocks.

26020 Mobile Vision at 249 Euro instead of 499
train set 26543 with Br23 at 299 instead of 499

for example here:

http://modellbahncenter....klin/Super_Angebote.html

For 249 Euro I ordered one. The price is right ThumpUp

rgds

Stephan
Offline AshleyH  
#11 Posted : 18 June 2010 21:44:36(UTC)
AshleyH

United Kingdom   
Oh well...looks like I bought mine a few weeks too soon Crying

There are some very good offers on that site though, thank you for the link!
Offline Hemmerich  
#12 Posted : 19 June 2010 01:36:16(UTC)
Hemmerich

-

Edited by user 20 November 2010 01:48:21(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline H0  
#13 Posted : 19 June 2010 09:27:11(UTC)
H0

Hemmerich wrote:
supermoee wrote:
The price is right

Not very surprising for non-authorized dealers selling second hand stuff w/o warranty. ThumbDown

I ordered it for the same price new with warranty from a registered MHI dealer. ThumpUp

And Meise also lists this article as new. Therefore you have two years "dealer warranty". And I presume you'll also get two years warranty from Märklin.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline kimballthurlow  
#14 Posted : 19 June 2010 10:41:36(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
Australian dealer may offer to sell similar, on remainder stock.
regards
Kimball
HO Scale - Märklin (ep II-III and VI, C Track, digital) - 2 rail HO (Queensland Australia, UK, USA) - 3 rail OO (English Hornby Dublo) - old clockwork O gauge - Live Steam 90mm (3.1/2 inch) gauge.
Offline steventrain  
#15 Posted : 19 June 2010 16:15:22(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
supermoee wrote:
Hello,

actually a lot of MHI products are sold out at very low prices. As already is mentioned in the Stummi Forum, Märklin and Roco are selling out their stocks.

26020 Mobile Vision at 249 Euro instead of 499
train set 26543 with Br23 at 299 instead of 499

for example here:

http://modellbahncenter....klin/Super_Angebote.html

For 249 Euro I ordered one. The price is right ThumpUp

rgds

Stephan

Very cheaper price.Razz
Offline supermoee  
#16 Posted : 21 June 2010 02:32:13(UTC)
supermoee

Switzerland   
Hemmerich wrote:
supermoee wrote:
The price is right

Not very surprising for non-authorized dealers selling second hand stuff w/o warranty. ThumbDown

Hello Lutz,

I do not understand what you mean?

Everything is sold as new and this shop is not listed as dealer now because he just started his business.

So what?

Anyway I will tell you once I got my mobile vision.

rgds

Stephan
Offline nevw  
#17 Posted : 21 June 2010 02:56:25(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
supermoee wrote:
Hemmerich wrote:
supermoee wrote:
The price is right

Hello Lutz,

I do not understand what you mean?

Everything is sold as new and this shop is not listed as dealer now because he just started his business.

So what?

Anyway I will tell you once I got my mobile vision.

rgds

Stephan

For some they see it as a crime if you buy from a "Non Authorized" Dealer. You MUST always buy from an authorized dealer and you MUST pay the recommended Retail Price as some always do LOL Drool RollEyes
NOt wearing the Pink Pinny, which is hard to see and now I have a white Pinny which also is hard to see against MY pure white Skin Still have 2 new shiny tin Hips that is badly in Need of Repair matching rusting tin shoulders
and a hose pipe on the aorta
Junior member of the Banana Club, a reformist and an old Goat with a Bad memory, loafing around
Offline H0  
#18 Posted : 21 June 2010 12:17:20(UTC)
H0

Hemmerich wrote:
supermoee wrote:
The price is right

I got a reply from Meise: items marked as new are new (and include the factory warranty).
Customers that encounter problems can either return the items to the shop or send them to Märklin for warranty repairs.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline steventrain  
#19 Posted : 21 June 2010 16:30:57(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
I have check MMC, Bergedorfer Str. 73, 21502 Geesthacht on Marklin dealer Website found nothing.

MMC was a Non-Marklin authorized dealers.Bored

Only 'Marklin authorized dealers' show on M dealer website.

Offline supermoee  
#20 Posted : 21 June 2010 17:48:39(UTC)
supermoee

Switzerland   
Hello,

if he is a non authorized dealer, why does he has a lot of MHI products on stock??

Steven,

as I told, MMC just started his business. Give time to Märklin to update the vendor list.

rgds

Stephan
Offline Purellum  
#21 Posted : 21 June 2010 23:39:04(UTC)
Purellum

Denmark   
Cool

Nevw wrote:
Quote:
For some they see it as a crime if you buy from a "Non Authorized" Dealer. You MUST always buy from
an authorized dealer and you MUST pay the recommended Retail Price as some always do LOL Drool RollEyes

And even if living outside EU, you MUST pay VAT Glare RollEyes

Per.

Cool
If you can dream it, you can do it!

I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it into the public domain. This applies worldwide.

In case this is not legally possible:
I grant anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.

UserPostedImage
Offline john black  
#22 Posted : 22 June 2010 00:00:20(UTC)
john black

United States   
Purellum wrote:
Cool

Nevw wrote:
Quote:
For some they see it as a crime if you buy from a "Non Authorized" Dealer. You MUST always buy from
an authorized dealer and you MUST pay the recommended Retail Price as some always do LOL Drool RollEyes

And even if living outside EU, you MUST pay VAT GlareRollEyes

Per Cool

Well - YOU and YOU (too) ... two completely NON-SERIOUS members, I MUST say !!! ThumbDown
This is one MUST SERIOUS forum, and you MUST stop taking the mickey. BASTA !!! ThumbDown
And you MUST stop laughing, now - or I MUST report you to Mister BIG !!! ThumbDown

LOLFlapperLOLFlapperLOLFlapper
I hope no one visits a poor Southener's layout in Brooklyn. Intruders beware of Gators.
AT&SF, D&RGW, T&P, SP, WP, UP, BN, NYC, ARR, epI-III - analog & digital Marklin Classics only.
CU#6021 FX-MOTOROLA DIGITAL SYSTEM. Fast as lightning and no trouble. What else ...
Outlaw Member of BIG JUHAN's OUTSIDER CLUB. With the most members, worldwide

Offline nevw  
#23 Posted : 22 June 2010 02:46:06(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
john black wrote:
Purellum wrote:
Cool

Nevw wrote:
Quote:

And even if living outside EU, you MUST pay VAT GlareRollEyes

Per Cool

Well - YOU and YOU (too) ... two completely NON-SERIOUS members, I MUST say !!! ThumbDown
This is one MUST SERIOUS forum, and you MUST stop taking the mickey. BASTA !!! ThumbDown
And you MUST stop laughing, now - or I MUST report you to Mister BIG !!! ThumbDown

LOLFlapperLOLFlapperLOLFlapper

Help , call the medics I am in hysterics.
John, you know that you must follow the example of our Serious members and ALways pay the highest price possible. that way you always get a product that Never has a defect
LOLFlapperLOLFlapperLOLFlapperLove

NOt wearing the Pink Pinny, which is hard to see and now I have a white Pinny which also is hard to see against MY pure white Skin Still have 2 new shiny tin Hips that is badly in Need of Repair matching rusting tin shoulders
Junior member of the Banana Club, a reformist and an old Goat with a Bad memory, loafing around
Offline nevw  
#24 Posted : 22 June 2010 03:12:57(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
supermoee wrote:
Hello,

if he is a non authorized dealer, why does he has a lot of MHI products on stock??

Steven,

as I told, MMC just started his business. Give time to Märklin to update the vendor list.

rgds

Stephan

A good buy Stephan. Great to have some wins occassionally.

Nev
Offline nevw  
#25 Posted : 22 June 2010 03:14:30(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
Purellum wrote:
Cool

Nevw wrote:
Quote:

And even if living outside EU, you MUST pay VAT Glare RollEyes

Per.

Cool

Sorry OT.

Per what is VAT.? I think VAT is something that wine, beer or whisky is stored in.
NNLOL LOL RollEyes
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#26 Posted : 22 June 2010 04:52:51(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
john black wrote:
And you MUST stop laughing, now - or I MUST report you to Mister BIG !!! ThumbDown[/b]

Laugh Away! (within reason)
Offline john black  
#27 Posted : 22 June 2010 10:32:05(UTC)
john black

United States   
Thanks, Sir. In the name of all non-serious members LOLFlapper
I hope no one visits a poor Southener's layout in Brooklyn. Intruders beware of Gators.
AT&SF, D&RGW, T&P, SP, WP, UP, BN, NYC, ARR, epI-III - analog & digital Marklin Classics only.
CU#6021 FX-MOTOROLA DIGITAL SYSTEM. Fast as lightning and no trouble. What else ...

Offline john black  
#28 Posted : 22 June 2010 10:44:28(UTC)
john black

United States   
nevw wrote:

John, you know that you MUST follow the example of our serious members and always pay the highest price possible LOLFlapperLOLFlapperLOLFlapperLove

You're right, Nev. From now on I'll work overtime just for obeying this MUST DO FlapperFlapperFlapper
(unbelievable what sick ideas only one human? brain is able to generate ... Crying)

Offline supermoee  
#29 Posted : 25 June 2010 16:46:55(UTC)
supermoee

Switzerland   
Hello, The products will be on the way to me soon. Products ready to be shipped ThumpUp and I kicked the money transfer.

I spent 550 Euro (250 Mobile vision + 300 Br23 train) Euro and saved 450 Euro compared to UVP price.

Does this mean that net I spend only 100 Euro LOL

rgds

Stephan
Offline nevw  
#30 Posted : 26 June 2010 01:04:25(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
supermoee wrote:
Hello, The products will be on the way to me soon. Products ready to be shipped ThumpUp and I kicked the money transfer.

I spent 550 Euro (250 Mobile vision + 300 Br23 train) Euro and saved 450 Euro compared to UVP price.

rgds

Stephan

Stephen, You have an excellent grasp of Maths specially on our FDs view of spending at store clothing sales . with the savings you did indeed only spend 100 Euros.

But shame on you for not paying the UVP but a highly discounted price

nn ThumpUp ThumpUp LOL LOL
Offline Purellum  
#31 Posted : 26 June 2010 02:31:23(UTC)
Purellum

Denmark   
Cool

Supermoe wrote:
Quote:

No, you are not correct, Stephan.

You spent 550 Euro, and saved 450, so you only spent 100 Euro, that is correct.

But since the true value of what you bought is 1000 Euro, you actually earned 900 Euro.

Per.

P.S: I expect you send me half of the 900 Euro for giving you this explanation RollEyes

Cool

I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it into the public domain. This applies worldwide.

I grant anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.

UserPostedImage
Offline xxup  
#32 Posted : 12 July 2010 23:55:20(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
Mine arrived yesterday and I managed to get a 30 minute play with it before the girls made me take them to the movies (last last of the school holidays)... It is awesome! I found some things at the back of my layout that I would never have see without this great little unit.. When you turn your head left or right the camera moves too...

I was surprised to find that the ICE was FX and not mFx, but it is the right size for my small layout.. I am also surprised that there are no lights on the loco.. I will post photos soon...

The colour is not great so I need to tune it a little on my next run.. Totally worth the money - thanks Marklin.. Smile
Adrian
UserPostedImage
Offline StuartA  
#33 Posted : 18 May 2015 18:43:55(UTC)
StuartA

United States   
Sorry about dragging up an old topic, but I just came upon one of these sets (26020).

A customer brought one in to the store, and he can't get it to work. He tried using a conventional 6646 transformer to run it. It does run the loco, but I don't believe that the camera will function correctly because of the variable track voltage. So I tried it on a MS2 digital system. Neither 26001 nor 26020 show up on the controller's database, nor could the unit find the decoder, so I entered it manually using address 2 as per the instructions. Now the loco runs, but there are no lights (does it have lights?).

Meanwhile we cannot get the headset to work. First question is the slide switch in the camera car. There is no indication as to which position is channel 1 or 4. So trying the headset with the channel set to 1, 2, 3, and 4 we still get no response. The switch on the bottom is set to NORM, and I've tried pressing the button by the antenna as per the instructions, but I get no response. I do hear a faint "whine" from the speakers, but nothing else happens.

Could it be the batteries? The batteries that the customer came with I believe are the original ones from the set (he said he tested them), and I tried another set of AAA batteries that I have here (they have been used for a while). I feel that the headset may require absolutely brand new batteries to function. Is that the case?

Thanks for any assistance that you can supply.

Yours,

Stuart
Offline Goofy  
#34 Posted : 18 May 2015 18:56:45(UTC)
Goofy

Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
Hemmerich wrote:
supermoee wrote:
The price is right

I ordered it for the same price new with warranty from a registered MHI dealer. ThumpUp

And Meise also lists this article as new. Therefore you have two years "dealer warranty". And I presume you'll also get two years warranty from Märklin.

Lutz did wrote "second hand stuff..."
No warranty works.
H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
Offline Purellum  
#35 Posted : 18 May 2015 19:50:12(UTC)
Purellum

Denmark   
Cool

Originally Posted by: Goofy Go to Quoted Post

No warranty works.

Finally you got some of it right. BigGrin

It wasn't second hand stuff, it was brand new.

But since it's almost 5 years ago, you are still right: The warranty doesn't help now. BigGrin

Per.

Cool

UserPostedImage
Offline H0  
#36 Posted : 18 May 2015 19:53:09(UTC)
H0

I can read. And most of the time I understand wot I read. Cool

No warranty works.
I paid the "second hand price" for a new item with full warranty.

That post is almost five years old - and back then Märklin flooded the market with drastically reduced strictly limited one-time series.
Mobile Vision: RRP € 850, clearance-sale price € 250, new, from authorized dealer, with full warranty.
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline xxup  
#37 Posted : 18 May 2015 22:58:20(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
Originally Posted by: StuartA Go to Quoted Post
... I feel that the headset may require absolutely brand new batteries to function. Is that the case?..

Yes! My only grumble with this set is that it loves batteries. In the end I was using the (at the time) new Lithium AAA batteries from Duracell and getting a few hours of usage..

Adrian
UserPostedImage
Offline H0  
#38 Posted : 18 May 2015 23:32:45(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: StuartA Go to Quoted Post
He tried using a conventional 6646 transformer to run it. It does run the loco, but I don't believe that the camera will function correctly because of the variable track voltage.
I hope the 6646 didn't damage anything. The set is for digital operation only and the reversing voltage could have damaged something.

The manual recommends fresh batteries when the screens remain black.

You should hear a sound when you press switch 3 on the goggles for a while. Afterwards the camera should turn when you turn the goggles - this is a test for the transmission from the goggles to the camera.

The goggles can be tested with a video recorder or DVD player in the "AV in" position.
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline StuartA  
#39 Posted : 22 May 2015 17:32:00(UTC)
StuartA

United States   
Well, I finally obtained some nice fresh AAA batteries, and the system now works as advertised. Thank you all for your assistance.

Stuart