Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages«<234
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline klarinettmeister  
#151 Posted : 25 March 2013 13:30:28(UTC)
klarinettmeister

Sweden   
Hi all!

It´s not easy having the time you need to plan the layout when you work alot and I´ve not finished moving Everything from my apartment. Today I´ve got some tima to spare and I´ve come up with a definitve version of the plan. I´ve also included all the Contact Points. It´s gonna be a Little bit complicated. There will be 3 coal trains (37970, 37973 and 37976) from the tracks closest the water and they are gonna run on the same tracks using the shuttle train function. Therefore I´m gonna use 2 7244 on Contact Points 11 and 7 and be activated by using the route function of the CS2 thereby fooling the S88. Pretty complicated but I Think it will work. I´ve got lots of problems using RocRail so I plan on only using the 60215.

I also intend to build the framwork mostly in plywood as open framwork in 4 different modules for easier seperating them if I move.

Also a new improvement are all the switches. The single track will be the one that connects to the rest of the layout. Now I "only" have to find a good way to use the Rolling mill, the Bonn station and the Faller military Buildings... and also find some good way to use all 4 Big Boys... and maybe some hidden shadowstations.

Please come with suggestions and comments. BigGrin

UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by klarinettmeister
Offline kbvrod  
#152 Posted : 25 March 2013 21:41:03(UTC)
kbvrod

United States   
Hi all,
David,I would use good quality pine board or MDO for the module frames,pine will be a lot lighter if you move.MDO is very rugged and again fit and finish is very important.
Also have a system to plug each module wiring into the next easily.

Dr D
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kbvrod
Offline klarinettmeister  
#153 Posted : 26 March 2013 00:01:00(UTC)
klarinettmeister

Sweden   
Originally Posted by: kbvrod Go to Quoted Post
Hi all,
David,I would use good quality pine board or MDO for the module frames,pine will be a lot lighter if you move.MDO is very rugged and again fit and finish is very important.
Also have a system to plug each module wiring into the next easily.

Dr D

Thanks for the tip! The sheets of pine are quite expensive here and they are only 7,5 mm thick and there are also some pattern on them. I aim for 12 mm plywood. I´ve only been looking at 2 different stores.
I can´t find MDO and haven´t heard of it Before. Maybe there´s a different name for it here in Sweden... Or maybe it´s not used very often.

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by klarinettmeister
Offline Ian555  
#154 Posted : 26 March 2013 06:47:05(UTC)
Ian555

Scotland   
Hi David,

"It's gonna be a little bit complicated".

Sure is for me anyway.Smile

I'd stick with plywood, if you want heavy weight go 18mm. ThumpUp

Ian.

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Ian555
Offline kbvrod  
#155 Posted : 26 March 2013 13:34:31(UTC)
kbvrod

United States   
Hi David all,
all,

>Thanks for the tip! The sheets of pine are quite expensive here and they are only 7,5 mm thick and there are also some pattern on them. I aim for 12 mm plywood. I´ve only been looking at 2 different stores.<

I was thinking pine boards for the framework.Smile When you said modules and maybe one day -might- move again the lighter weight is better.The ETE module group teaching me a lesson.Scared

>I can´t find MDO and haven´t heard of it Before. Maybe there´s a different name for it here in Sweden... Or maybe it´s not used very often.<

MDO is explained here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medium_density_overlay_panel

Big use in the US is road/highway signs and architectural uses on houses.The reason I used it on my old home layout was I couldn't find a true flat sheets of plywood! I need that for the large Bw I was building.MDO is perfectly flat,easy to cut,...

Dr D

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kbvrod