Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages123>»
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline eduard71  
#1 Posted : 05 May 2009 00:00:18(UTC)
eduard71

Chile   
Dear all,
Last year we started a topic about zinkpest, the Märklin kof model 36805. I was one of the first one to realize that the kof was starting to break in pieces due this problem, and I posted a topic on a spanish forum. At the end I sent the model to Marklin and a new one returned.
Now I have bad news again, another model has started to show zinkpest problems, it is my SBB De 6/6 37521. I have more than 160 locomotives and of course I do not run all of them every day, yesterday I took out the model and it came out of the box in two pieces [:(][B)].
My first impression was that something was loose, but then I realized that the main frame was broken (the frame has two extension tabs to drive the weels on each side, one of the tabs just broke due the zinkpest). A better look on daylight shows the tipical cracks and deformed metal of the main frame, the body shows no signal of zinkpest, just the frame.
for a better look of the part, see this:
http://www.maerklin.com/...s.html?sArtNumber=37521#
the frame is the part 35 and the broken part is were the screw 41 goes.
I will show some photos soon.
I remember that at the end of the discussion of the kof I said that now I was concerned about other models with the problem, "I just hope that my Goliath crane and some other very expensive model do not start to show this to"
This model was not made in china, but it comes almost from the same year the kof is 2001-2002 and it was a not cheap as the kof.
If you have this model please review it, specially the frame.
I am going to send the model to Marklin as I did with the kof, I hope it will return some day, since I live in Venezuela the travel will be long.
Regards
Eduardo Palacios
Venezuela
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by eduard71
Offline TroyYang  
#2 Posted : 05 May 2009 00:16:27(UTC)
TroyYang

I think you are over-concerned.

I have the brown Seetal Crocdile and I cannot find any problem.

Please show us the picture.
Troy
San Francisco, USA
Marklin HO - all eras and everything.
Offline dntower85  
#3 Posted : 05 May 2009 00:24:55(UTC)
dntower85

United States   
Thanks for the warning, I will check mine tonight, I have the green version 37522. I hope this is an isolated case this time as I like this little Lok very much.
DT
Now powered by ECoS II unit#2, RocRail
era - some time in the future when the space time continuum is disrupted and ICE 3 Trains run on the same rails as the Adler and BR18's.
Offline rschaffr  
#4 Posted : 05 May 2009 00:31:43(UTC)
rschaffr

United States   
I just took my 37522 out of the display cabinet and checked it out. It appears to be ok. I would like very much to see your pictures of the problem, though, Eduardo.
-Ron
Digital, Epoch IV-V(K-track/IB), Epoch III(C-track/6021/6036/6051)
http://www.sem-co.com/~rschaffr/trains/trains.html
Online pa-pauls  
#5 Posted : 05 May 2009 01:09:07(UTC)
pa-pauls

Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by rschaffr
I would like very much to see your pictures of the problem, though, Eduardo.
Me too ! Never heard about any problem with this model...
Pål Paulsen
Märklin Spur 1 Digital, epoche 3
Offline Roman  
#6 Posted : 05 May 2009 01:54:16(UTC)
Roman

United States   
Quote:
Originally posted by eduard71

My first impression was that something was loose, but then I realized that the main frame was broken (the frame has two extension tabs to drive the weels on each side, one of the tabs just broke due the zinkpest). A better look on daylight shows the tipical cracks and deformed metal of the main frame, the body shows no signal of zinkpest, just the frame.

Shouldn't ZP exhibit some sort of intergrannular corrosion? Expansion of the metal plus powdery residue as opposed to cracking? Do you think that overtightening of the screw is suspect if the crack originated at the hole? Without pics it's speculation of course.
Offline TimR  
#7 Posted : 05 May 2009 03:07:16(UTC)
TimR

Indonesia   
What about external factors?
Could where we keep the lok had any effect on susceptibility of certain models fallen prey to this problem?
Now collecting C-Sine models.
Offline Davy  
#8 Posted : 05 May 2009 03:30:03(UTC)
Davy

I have the brown version. My version is oke.

And I am not sure if the frame is made from zink.

M-track with a CS2.
Offline Seetal  
#9 Posted : 05 May 2009 03:50:44(UTC)
Seetal

Hi there,

I have the brown Seetal croc 37521. As of three weeks ago mine was fine, happily driving around my carpetbahn. Then I picked it up and put it away, no problems at all. I unpacked it just now and no problem. So it currently does not exhibit the problem you have described. A shame that you have a problem with yours but I hope it is specific to you and not anyone else.

John

Offline mmervine  
#10 Posted : 05 May 2009 04:09:16(UTC)
mmervine

United States   
Eduardo, sorry to hear about your croc. Since Marklin is going to be a new version (37524) or this lok soon, hopefully they will have all of the parts that will be needed to restore yours to full operation!
Märklin C-track, Marklin Digital & ECoS, multi-era French & Swiss
http://www.ete-ene.org/m...mervines-layout-gallery/
Offline eduard71  
#11 Posted : 05 May 2009 04:25:18(UTC)
eduard71

Chile   
Here are the photos, the evidence is clear this is Zinkpest!, same as the kof.
I live in a tropical weather, in average about 28C°, all my collection has been storaged in a dry place, no direct sunlight.

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Regards
Eduardo Palacios
Venezuela

Edited by moderator 11 January 2011 19:25:23(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 2 users liked this useful post by eduard71
Offline dntower85  
#12 Posted : 05 May 2009 04:33:49(UTC)
dntower85

United States   
Just checked mine, the green version 37522 and its in perfect condition. Sorry yours had a problem.
DT
era - some time in the future when the space time continuum is disrupted and ICE 3 Trains run on the same rails as the Adler and BR18's.
Offline 5HorizonsRR  
#13 Posted : 05 May 2009 04:44:28(UTC)
5HorizonsRR

United States   
SAME EXACT PROBLEM WITH MINE! I dropped the locomotive and that is what broke the tabs, but when I pulled the engine apart the whole frame was showing early signs of this rot- especially in thin areas.

Does anyone know a dealer who could help remedy this? I have been trying to buy a frame forever, but they have been out of stock... They would be a star in my book as I have not recieved much support other than checking on parts availability...
SBB Era 2-5
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by 5HorizonsRR
Offline eduard71  
#14 Posted : 05 May 2009 04:53:26(UTC)
eduard71

Chile   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by 5HorizonsRR
<br />SAME EXACT PROBLEM WITH MINE! I dropped the locomotive and that is what broke the tabs, but when I pulled the engine apart the whole frame was showing early signs of this rot- especially in thin areas.

Does anyone know a dealer who could help remedy this? I have been trying to buy a frame forever, but they have been out of stock... They would be a star in my book as I have not recieved much support other than checking on parts availability...

You have to send it back to germany, to the Factory in Goppingen with a letter explaning the problem. They should send to you a new one.
Offline Roman  
#15 Posted : 05 May 2009 04:58:26(UTC)
Roman

United States   
That's a shame. What's Maerklin's warranty concerning ZP? If parts were available, what's the guarantee that it won't happen again given the same foundry would probably be the source of original and replacement parts? If this isn't ZP, then it's just cheap metal production.
Offline eduard71  
#16 Posted : 05 May 2009 05:21:27(UTC)
eduard71

Chile   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by Roman
<br />That's a shame. What's Maerklin's warranty concerning ZP? If parts were available, what's the guarantee that it won't happen again given the same foundry would probably be the source of original and replacement parts? If this isn't ZP, then it's just cheap metal production.

I think they take this as a big quality problem. Last year I sent to Germany my kof, and also a lot of people of this forum send their ones and they received a new loco. I have realized that both engines, the Kof and this Seetal croc were made in 2001 or 2002, may be the metal used in those years had a lack of quality.
Offline Hobbit  
#17 Posted : 05 May 2009 07:55:35(UTC)
Hobbit

I can confirm that this problem is very real. I have had exactly the same problem. I have photos to prove it and have been meaning to document it on this forum but not got around to writing it it up. The block is so weak that one can break pieces off it with just your fingers. Obviously it is limited to certain batches as not everybody is affected.

I bought this loco second hand but unused about six months ago. At that time the block was still available as a spare part and also remankably inexpesive so I manged to set it all right luckily.

Hopefully Marklin knows about this problem and the spare part will be made available againg as other who have this batch of loco will need replacement blocks. In the mean time you may find a dealer that still has this part in stock even thoughit is no longer made.

Just a word of caution if you take this loco apart: part #42 is screwed to the block which is not alltogether obvious. I damaged that part when I removed it not knowing it was attached with the tiniest screw, and it is not available as a spare part either. It was very difficult to secure when damaged as it easily fouls the articulation movement if not in the exact position.

I also found this to be the harderst loco I have ever worked on (and I have worked on quite a few). Clicking the transmisson cover #43 back into place making sure gears and bearings are all in the right positions, and for the quartering of the side rods, and fitting in the driveshaft at the same time is an absolute nightmare. Re soldering the decoder board wiring was also quite fiddly.

There is no place like The Shire...
Offline Sander van Wijk  
#18 Posted : 05 May 2009 09:59:33(UTC)
Sander van Wijk

Netherlands   
Hi all,

Just my two pennies worth about spare part availability; I guess it shouldn't be an issue in due time as the Seetal Crocodile will be released again as a summer new item this year. Hence; parts need to be produced anyway.
Sander
---
Era I(b): K.Bay.Sts.B. and K.W.St.E.
Offline jeehring  
#19 Posted : 05 May 2009 14:02:08(UTC)
jeehring

Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by Hobbit
<br />

I also found this to be the harderst loco I have ever worked on (and I have worked on quite a few). Clicking the transmisson cover #43 back into place making sure gears and bearings are all in the right positions, and for the quartering of the side rods, and fitting in the driveshaft at the same time is an absolute nightmare. Re soldering the decoder board wiring was also quite fiddly.

This model has been designed by TRIX.
It is very interesting to compare with the classic and wellknown Crokodil ce 6/8 which were designed by Marklin , you will see very different "philosophy"...wink
BTW ,nothing against Trix. I do appreciate this little "Seetal Krok"..., it's a fine model . It doesn't carry those mechanical solutions I like so much with typical Marklin models and typical Marklin design...

Post Scriptum : as it is from 2001-2002 period , I even think it has been produced under control of Trix (it was before restructuring plans)
Offline john black  
#20 Posted : 05 May 2009 19:57:58(UTC)
john black

United States   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:<br />That's a shame. What's M's warranty concerning ZP?

Warranty - what warranty confused With M broke it's GAME OVER [xx(][xx(][xx(]

Remember when we warned about the Kingsbridge Hoppers confused
And "Super Insider" cried "we shouldn't disturb the wonderful topics with our useless warnings" confused
But perhaps Clown Ditz and Mr Wise Guy will pay for your warranty cost, now ... biggrin[}:)]biggrin[}:)]biggrin[}:)]
I hope no one visits a poor Southener's layout in Brooklyn. Intruders beware of Gators.
AT&SF, D&RGW, T&P, SP, WP, UP, BN, NYC, ARR, epI-III - analog & digital Marklin Classics only.
CU#6021 FX-MOTOROLA DIGITAL SYSTEM. Fast as lightning and no trouble. What else ...
Outlaw Member of BIG JUHAN's OUTSIDER CLUB. With the most members, worldwide

Offline spitzenklasse  
#21 Posted : 05 May 2009 20:24:49(UTC)
spitzenklasse

I have not looked at mine, but I'll take extra care not to drop it. Thank's for the info.
Offline Unholz  
#22 Posted : 05 May 2009 21:33:59(UTC)
Unholz

Switzerland   
I assume that the condition of the loco will depend on the production batch which in turn is probably related to the series number underneath the loco. My model 37521 (serial no. H2105926) appears to be o.k.
Offline mike c  
#23 Posted : 05 May 2009 22:32:27(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
For those in North and South America, you can contact Ken Brzenk at Maerklin/Walthers via traindoctor@marklin.com

For those elsewhere in the world, contact your national distributor or contact Service@maerklin.de

Whether it is Zinkpest or just a design flaw that has resulted in a weak point in the frame, this should be covered under the warranty from Maerklin. If the loks are older than 2 Years Old, which I believe may be the case, then you may still be able to work out an amicable solution with the company.

Regards

Mike C
Offline Roman  
#24 Posted : 05 May 2009 22:41:09(UTC)
Roman

United States   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by john black
<br />
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:<br />That's a shame. What's M's warranty concerning ZP?

Warranty - what warranty confused With M broke it's GAME OVER [xx(][xx(][xx(]

Remember when we warned about the Kingsbridge Hoppers confused
And "Super Insider" cried "we shouldn't disturb the wonderful topics with our useless warnings" confused
But perhaps Clown Ditz and Mr Wise Guy will pay for your warranty cost, now ... biggrin[}:)]biggrin[}:)]biggrin[}:)]

So production shifts to a cheaper source of labor and material and the consumer has to eat it, all the while paying more for items that are "supposedly" in the luxury category of toys and collecting? Sign me up.

Offline Unholz  
#25 Posted : 05 May 2009 22:55:46(UTC)
Unholz

Switzerland   
On the German speaking HAG forum, a dealer has just reported two cases where the problem occurred at the same location as described by eduard71 in the initial posting.
Offline john black  
#26 Posted : 05 May 2009 23:04:12(UTC)
john black

United States   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by Roman
<br />So production shifts to a cheaper source of labor and material and the consumer has to eat it, all the while paying more for items that are "supposedly" in the luxury category of toys and collecting? Sign me up.

Agree with you, Roman - such is the situation by today [:(]

Now, where are Mr Pluta's "many" investors confused All gone confused
After burning billions in their VW adventure at least PORSCHE
seems to have enough own trouble for jumping into the game.

Wonder if M will ever come back to old glory ...
I hope no one visits a poor Southener's layout in Brooklyn. Intruders beware of Gators.
AT&SF, D&RGW, T&P, SP, WP, UP, BN, NYC, ARR, epI-III - analog & digital Marklin Classics only.
CU#6021 FX-MOTOROLA DIGITAL SYSTEM. Fast as lightning and no trouble. What else ...

Offline dntower85  
#27 Posted : 05 May 2009 23:58:11(UTC)
dntower85

United States   
Is there any ways to slow Zinkpest by heat treat or electrolysis? I know its form impurities in the alloy and not a true oxidation process.
DT
Offline TTRExpress  
#28 Posted : 06 May 2009 00:15:29(UTC)
TTRExpress

United States   
"Zinkpest" is an incurable disease that hopefully should now be eliminated from modern locomotives. Zinc pest is a form of intercrystalline corrosion. The process is accelerated by moisture in warm air and relative humidities of 65% or greater. Hydrogen released from water migrates into the grain boundaries of the zinc alloy and causes expansion which results in cracking along those grain boundaries.

Zinc can be alloyed with aluminum, magnesium, copper, lead and cadmium usually at levels less than 1%. Larger concentrations of iron, lead, cadmium and tin could have an adverse effect on corrosion resistance, which results in structural weakening of the die casting.

Two types of zinc alloy were developed. In the 1920's, ZAMAK (zinc-aluminum-magnesium-copper) and in the 1970's ZA (zinc-alumunium) were produced. The ZAMAK contains about 4% aluminum and are identified by their numbers 3,5 and 7.

Maerklin uses ZAMAK 410 which is like ZAMAK 3 or 5. ZAMAK 3 and 5 differ by the addition of 1% copper to the 5 to make it more ductile.

Permitted additives (= aimed added metals to reach around certain material properties) in cast alloys ZAMAK 3: Aluminum 3.8 to 4.3% copper up to 0,03% magnesium 0.03 to 0,06%.

Permitted impurities (= which one can still tolerate at impurities to hold around the costs of the production in the framework): Iron max. 0.1% nickel max. 0.02% manganese max. 0.01% lead max. 0.005% cadmium max. 0.005% tin max. 0,003%

Data suggests that higher levels of copper and lead in the zinc alloy aid the degradation. High levels of aluminum can cause oxidation to occur leading to rust.

Some people regard tin pest as the actual cause of zinc pest. With tin pest pure metallic beta-tin is converted below 13,2°C into non-metallic alpha-tin. Energy becomes free and the density falls, i.e. the volume grows. Because the content of tin is well under 1%, then the volume in the zinc alloy to cause zinc pest alone by tin is not really substantiated.

A comprehensive treatise on zinc pest is given by Peter Berg at
http://www.tischeisenbahn.de/Restauri/page4.htm

You may be able to hinder its progress by simply using a clear varnish and painting this over the chassis areas in question. A poly(urethane) type would work well. The varnish will dry and seal any cracks and should help prevent further damage.
Regards (a Scot in Wisconsin),

Maurice [ETE, TTRCA, IG-TRIX Express, Maerklin-Insider & TRIX Profi-Club]
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by TTRExpress
Offline FMS  
#29 Posted : 06 May 2009 03:08:28(UTC)
FMS

Hi Maurice!
Your reply is what I call a usefull contribute, thank You for the input.

Respect.Smile
Regards
FMS
Offline TTRExpress  
#30 Posted : 06 May 2009 05:23:47(UTC)
TTRExpress

United States   
Hi FMS,

Thanks for the nice comment, it is appreciated.

Regards (a Scot in Wisconsin),

Maurice [ETE, TTRCA, IG-TRIX Express, Maerklin-Insider & TRIX Profi-Club]
Offline Seetal  
#31 Posted : 06 May 2009 05:27:46(UTC)
Seetal

Hi all,

So do we wait for the problem or do we send it in? It is not clear if there are different batches where some are affected and some are not. Is it possible that a visual inspection can identify the issue (I am guessing not)? I would prefer to get the issue dealt with now rather than when the frame is broken.

Recommendations?

Thanks

John
Offline river6109  
#32 Posted : 06 May 2009 05:40:59(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square
Having had the explanation of how zinkpest developes, could'nt of Märklin done something at the production stage and varnish it, as suggested by Maurice ?
https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode
Offline Roman  
#33 Posted : 06 May 2009 06:15:52(UTC)
Roman

United States   
Varnish or any surface treatment will only hold the dust in place until it pillows out again. That's a temporary stop at best not a fix. Intergrannular corrosion is just that and can not be remedied by surface application. Grinding or cutting it out is the only fix. In this case you can just toss it and buy a replacement piece and hope it was mixed and poured correctly.
Offline shaygetz  
#34 Posted : 06 May 2009 06:48:43(UTC)
shaygetz

Wow, sorry to see that in your new locs, guys. It's something to dread and expect in old stuff but in 2005?

I had a 1960s era Rivarossi Cab forward that had it---warped the drive so that it only road on the rear drivers of each engine. I broke the frame into three peices, then glued it together with JB Weld. Once hardened, I filed and cleaned it up, then painted it with a coat of enamel. There seems to be no ill effects 5 years later, guess I'll have to pull it apart and see.
"To escape the error of salvation by works we have fallen into the opposite error of salvation without obedience.”

---A.W. Tozer

Webpage... www.freewebs.com/shaygetz
Blog... http://misterbobsmodelworksemporium.blogspot.com/
Offline eduard71  
#35 Posted : 06 May 2009 21:09:03(UTC)
eduard71

Chile   
Thank you Lutz, I will send my Loco to Germany next week so they can see the problem, and as they did with the kof, I hope they will replace the bad frame and return my loco in perfect condition. In this case it looks like only the frame has the problem, no part of the body has any signal of zinkpest
Regards
Eduardo Palacios
Caracas Venezuela

Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by Hemmerich
<br />Looks like there is something different here with this model (I'm solely talking about the Märklin model #37521, with one production batch back in 2002). AFAIK there is NO other model or production batch affected.

As I mentioned before, there is a visible difference between the loco frame of this one and later produced versions; it exhibits by the "flatness" of the surface. It doesn't look like the "typical" zinkpest, but rather appeared to be a problem with the high pressure injection instead of unclean material. At my model, the usual cracks and deformation signs are also missing.

PS: I've sent Märklin corresponding information for their further investigation.

Offline Roman  
#36 Posted : 06 May 2009 22:59:46(UTC)
Roman

United States   
If it isn't ZincPest but maybe poor quality metal made weaker by the design of the tab then that would be good to know as well. If it were a solid ledge there instead of incorporating a slot, perhaps it may never have broken off. Just a thought.
Offline Davy  
#37 Posted : 07 May 2009 00:45:39(UTC)
Davy

So looks a normal Seetal.

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

If there is something wrong is maybe in the serie H2047
M-track with a CS2.
Offline Roman  
#38 Posted : 07 May 2009 01:37:55(UTC)
Roman

United States   
The surface on your frame differs greatly from eduard71's judging by the photos. Much smoother in appearance.
Offline WelshMatt  
#39 Posted : 07 May 2009 01:53:59(UTC)
WelshMatt

If you have one of these which is ok, it may still be worth laying in a stock of the right spare parts. Problem is, zincpest and similar problems can show themselves at any time, it's not like a disease with a known incubation period. Even if Marklin do recover from their current woes I wouldn't like to bet on parts being available forever.
Matt from Wales.

When you pay Range Rover prices, don't accept Lada quality
Offline Davy  
#40 Posted : 07 May 2009 02:22:53(UTC)
Davy

If there is a problem then it is probarly in only one serie.
Not in the complete production.

M-track with a CS2.
Offline HGH  
#41 Posted : 07 May 2009 15:45:44(UTC)
HGH

Hello there outside,

after reading this threrad I just inspected mine and took some pics
Pic1:
UserPostedImage
groß

Pic2:
UserPostedImage
groß

Ser-Nr: H2107207

I'm not shure if that is the beginning of the "Zinkpest"?
with kind regards ... HGH

modell-railroading is fun
Offline jeehring  
#42 Posted : 07 May 2009 17:47:40(UTC)
jeehring

Difficult to say . If it comes from moulding or not...
To have a better idea , all photo should be taken under same light, from same angle, with same lens etc...etc...,
On Eduard's pictures , it looks sometimes like fingerprintz ...( some kind of reactive dust, or reactive product , during manufacturing...who knows..? What could be reactive with "fresh" zamac ? , etc...)
Offline Roman  
#43 Posted : 07 May 2009 18:24:25(UTC)
Roman

United States   
HGH,
Now that we've seen Davy's at least there is a comparison and perhaps a clue to the troubles or potential troubles if related to the appearance of the metal is any indication. Maybe someone with a replaced frame can compare the two side by side. In eduard71's last photo, the paint also appears to cobweb. Is that a sign of poor paint application or the beginning of zinkpest and the metal is expanding? If Maerklin would recognize that a series of frames were improperly molded and your serial number was included in the year or series with problems, that would be a good start.
Offline RayF  
#44 Posted : 07 May 2009 18:46:14(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
Comment deleted.

I was in error.
Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
Offline john black  
#45 Posted : 07 May 2009 23:24:13(UTC)
john black

United States   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by Hemmerich
<br />Clown Black is just talking BS again

No, just the facts. M is broke (pleite, out of money). Guess nobody told you so far biggrinbiggrinbiggrin
Face it (and insulting others may be against forum rules but won't change this fact a bit) biggrinbiggrinbiggrin

Another fact. Those Kingsbridge guys kept tons of cash plus luxury cars but never paid their poor workers [:(]
With what money do you think could they ever pay for our warranty troubles. Stop dreaming ... [xx(]

Offline ECarusDr  
#46 Posted : 08 May 2009 19:37:52(UTC)
ECarusDr

I see this problem is being reported with other non-Maerklin products. Please see:

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/f...pic.php?f=11&t=38536

Cheers!

Edmund
Offline 5HorizonsRR  
#47 Posted : 08 May 2009 19:48:41(UTC)
5HorizonsRR

United States   
All,
Just got an email from M*, they said send it to germany and they can fix it for me. If this works I'll be impressed!
SBB Era 2-5
Offline spitzenklasse  
#48 Posted : 08 May 2009 19:53:57(UTC)
spitzenklasse

I've looked at 37521, and it looks ok so far.
Offline spitzenklasse  
#49 Posted : 08 May 2009 19:55:41(UTC)
spitzenklasse

Good, nice to see M backing up the product as usual!
Offline rschaffr  
#50 Posted : 08 May 2009 20:02:57(UTC)
rschaffr

United States   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by 5HorizonsRR
<br />All,
Just got an email from M*, they said send it to germany and they can fix it for me. If this works I'll be impressed!

Don't see why it wouldn't. I just got my VT08 back from service in Germany. Runs great now.
-Ron
Digital, Epoch IV-V(K-track/IB), Epoch III(C-track/6021/6036/6051)
http://www.sem-co.com/~rschaffr/trains/trains.html