Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages«<234
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline edward  
#151 Posted : 03 March 2008 18:24:39(UTC)
edward

Very impressive layout. I like the reduced scenery very much. MRR can be art.
Offline huttel  
#152 Posted : 08 March 2008 01:37:43(UTC)
huttel

Denmark   
Thank you all Smile

Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by hxmiesa
<br />How is access to the track furthest in the back???

Well, I actually managed to have 9 parallel tracks in place. With some difficulty I am able to reach all over the shadow station, but so far it has not been necessary [:p]

//Thomas

Carpe Diem!

Märklin HO | Insider | C-Track | Digital | Era III+IV | PC Control with CS2 (60215), Intellibox & Win-Digipet | http://huttel.dk/marklin
Offline rschaffr  
#153 Posted : 19 October 2008 18:24:14(UTC)
rschaffr

United States   
Wow! 32 trains! That is impressive.
-Ron
Digital, Epoch IV-V(K-track/IB), Epoch III(C-track/6021/6036/6051)
http://www.sem-co.com/~rschaffr/trains/trains.html
Offline huttel  
#154 Posted : 04 October 2009 19:12:18(UTC)
huttel

Denmark   
Hi all

Updated my WinDigiPet trackplan the other day and included a "Control Panel"

UserPostedImage

It has turned out to be a great way to get a fast overview of which trains are where with corresponding status active, inactive, part of route etc. - to be recommended Smile

Rgds,
Thomas
Carpe Diem!

Märklin HO | Insider | C-Track | Digital | Era III+IV | PC Control with CS2 (60215), Intellibox & Win-Digipet | http://huttel.dk/marklin
Offline intruder  
#155 Posted : 05 October 2009 19:55:32(UTC)
intruder

Norway   
Nice plan, Thomas.
Best regards Svein, Norway
grumpy old sod
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by intruder
Offline Rinus  
#156 Posted : 11 October 2009 16:54:20(UTC)
Rinus

Impresive!

I was wondering: what are your experiences with windigipet?
Offline huttel  
#157 Posted : 14 October 2009 16:02:31(UTC)
huttel

Denmark   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by Evil R
<br />Impresive!

I was wondering: what are your experiences with windigipet?

Hi there

When I started building my existing layout it was from the beginning clear to me that it should be all digital combined with PC control. I did some research including here on the Forum and finally decided to go with WinDigiPet, a decision - with the knowledge and experience I have today – I most definitely would repeat.

WDP covers everything from basic manual to fully automated control (time-table or semi-random), is easy to both setup and maintain – basically very user-friendly. In regard to support the WDP Forum is very handy (www.windigipet.de/foren). Only problem might be that most information etc. is in German. I started with WDP 8.0 and have upgraded a couple of times and now use the German ProX version (the English versions are typically released 6 months after the German).

I use S88 feedback decoders and the whole layout is divided into around 150 blocks and 45 start/stop points. Based on blocks and start/stop points I have defined around 70 routes and combination of routes for automated running. Works very well. WDP also controls traffic in and out of my shadow stations, a turntable, lights and my Titlis bahn. The only thing I really miss is occupancy feedback not only from the tracks but also from the switches – but that is for Märklin and not WDP to work out wink

Before I buildt my existing layout I had a smaller layout where I tested and got to know WDP. From that I earned many valuable lessons which made it easier for me to implement WDP on a larger scale.

It supports many different interfaces such as Märklin-CS2, Uhlenbrock-Intellibox (which I use), ESU ECoS etc. and is quite stable and can handle the biggest layout. Think I have been told that Miniaturwelt Hamburg (www.miniatur-wunderland.de/) also uses WDP. Also nice that it is possible to combine Intellibox and PC control.

Only downside is that WDP is quite expensive compared to other solutions but I find it worth the money.

More information is available at www.windigipet.de. I suggest anybody interested to download the user manuals and the demo version before making the final decision in regard to WDP.

Regards,
Thomas
Carpe Diem!

Offline Eurobahnfan  
#158 Posted : 14 October 2009 17:59:51(UTC)
Eurobahnfan

United States   
That is one very impressive layout. With the minimal approach to scenery details, you really focus your viewers' attention to the trains... the real stars of the show.Smile

I've done the same thing with my pre-World War II Lionel O gauge trains: Lots of color and light always makes for a lot of smiles. While I'm currently planning my sixth HO layout -- a smaller, compact 120 X 240 design -- with plenty of scenery, it's refreshing to see a large, "minimalist" layout as yours. Well done!!!

Steve
Offline huttel  
#159 Posted : 15 April 2012 21:48:16(UTC)
huttel

Denmark   
Hi all

3D view from Wintrack

Updated Wintrack trackplan as requested Cool

Regards,
Thomas

File Attachment(s):
Märklin dogbone ref THL 2012.zip (22kb) downloaded 36 time(s).
Carpe Diem!

thanks 2 users liked this useful post by huttel
Offline Ian555  
#160 Posted : 16 April 2012 04:57:32(UTC)
Ian555

Scotland   
Hi Thomas,

Great track plan. ThumpUp

Ian.

Offline Bigdaddynz  
#161 Posted : 16 April 2012 07:29:33(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Certainly is a great plan!

Thanks Thomas ThumpUp
Offline huttel  
#162 Posted : 20 April 2012 09:28:20(UTC)
huttel

Denmark   
Hi all

Finally got my act together and made myself a camera wagon. Found a cheap wireless camera on ebay and here is the (very simple Glare ) solution:

Camera

Made some good testruns. Does anyone know of a good video editing program preferbly shareware?

Regards,
Thomas

Carpe Diem!

Offline TrainIride  
#163 Posted : 20 April 2012 10:24:18(UTC)
TrainIride

France   
Originally Posted by: huttel Go to Quoted Post
Hi all

Finally got my act together and made myself a camera wagon. Found a cheap wireless camera on ebay and here is the (very simple Glare ) solution

Made some good testruns. Does anyone know of a good video editing program preferbly shareware?

Regards,
Thomas

Hi Thomas.

Great simple camera solution ThumpUp .

For me I use OpenShot Video editor on Linux. I don't know all of the functions but I use it in a simple way
for the videos I post.

Best Regards
Joël
Marklin HO - M track & C track - Analog mode - DC locos conversion to AC - http://www.marklin-users.net/TrainIride - my channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/2mes2mains
Offline Ian555  
#164 Posted : 20 April 2012 12:02:36(UTC)
Ian555

Scotland   
Hi Thomas,

Looks good. ThumpUp

Ian.

Offline huttel  
#165 Posted : 21 April 2012 19:56:42(UTC)
huttel

Denmark   
Thank you guys BigGrin

Downloaded Windows Live Movie Maker and here is the result - feel free to do some sightseeing:

Short tour [3.19/35MB]

Full tour [12.12/133MB]

For such a simple setup I am quite pleased with the result...

Regards,
Thomas
Carpe Diem!

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by huttel