Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline rbw993  
#1 Posted : 26 May 2015 21:20:25(UTC)
rbw993

United States   
Reynauld's announced last week that the LS Models SBB Bm4/4 would be out in May and that they are taking orders. Looks like a beautiful little lok. I've been wanting one for a long time so I placed an order for the AC version w/sound. Turns out that I could pick the variant that is based at the Goldau depot which is perfect for the Immensee area.

Regards,
Roger
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by rbw993
Offline mike c  
#2 Posted : 27 May 2015 08:18:59(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Just curious where you got the information about where the locomotives were based? All that I have is the locomotive numbers and the eras.

Regards

Mike C
Offline rbw993  
#3 Posted : 27 May 2015 13:49:58(UTC)
rbw993

United States   
Hi Mike
From the Platform 5 "European Handbook No. 5 Swiss Railways". They also publish "Today's Railways Europe", "Today's Railways UK" and handbooks for other countries. They have rudimentary website, http://www.platform5.com/ where you can get contact info. The handbooks are updated every so often. I have the 1997 and 2009 Swiss books.
Regards,
Roger
Offline Unholz  
#4 Posted : 27 May 2015 16:49:18(UTC)
Unholz

Switzerland   
SBB Diesel and especially shunter locos are no longer based and serviced at specific depots, although the individual units might well remain in a certain area, station, or building site for some time. However, they are assigned to the divisions such as P (Personenverkehr, passenger travel), C (Cargo) or Infra (infrastructure).

Mike, you can find a possibly slightly outdated listing of "sightings" of the Bm 4/4 and Bm 6/6 units here: http://www.egger-jetzer.ch/EDaten/Bm_x_x.pdf This gives you rudimentary information where the units were observed at some time or other.
Offline jvuye  
#5 Posted : 27 May 2015 22:28:57(UTC)
jvuye

Belgium   
Originally Posted by: rbw993 Go to Quoted Post
Reynauld's announced last week that the LS Models SBB Bm4/4 would be out in May and that they are taking orders. Looks like a beautiful little lok. I've been wanting one for a long time so I placed an order for the AC version w/sound. Turns out that I could pick the variant that is based at the Goldau depot which is perfect for the Immensee area.

Regards,
Roger

Looks like good news to me.
I already have LSM's Bm6/6 on my layout and it is absolutely flawless, both aesthetically and functionally.
Smooth, very powerful, dependable.
And no small parts falling off or noisy cheap electric motor.
Another "must have"! Crying Wink
Darn!
Cheers
Jacques
Jacques Vuye aka Dr.Eisenbahn
Once a vandal, learned to be better and had great success!