Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Bob  
#1 Posted : 15 April 2015 10:20:53(UTC)
Bob

Good Afternoon Gentlemen.
It has been along time since I last browsed the user -net. However I am now back with my Marklin layout. I have just updated my CS2 with software version 3.8.1(11) and it all seems to work very well. I am trying to to programme several routes using the memory function on the CS2. I have no problem with simple programming of routes but I have not been able to figure out how to incorporate inputs to the S88 feedback module. The particular module I am using is the IEK 040704-8 S88 Cat-5. The S88 works because the shuttle train using the contact track (24995 C track) with the the built in programme on the CS2 works fine.

Anyway what I am trying to achieve is to trigger the start of a memory sequence using a circuit track (24994 C track) . According to the article in the Marklin Magazine and in the CS2 manual this is possible. However I am at a loss exactly how that is achieved. Confused When programming routes with the memory there is a drop down window which looks like it has something to do with the S88 decoder, but entering the terminal number to which the circuit track is connected to does not do anything.

I am sure there is an easy way, but I cannot see it.
Any advice will be greatly appreciated
Bob.
Running Mtrack analogue and Ctrack digital. Collector of V200s.
Offline siroljuk  
#2 Posted : 15 April 2015 10:31:41(UTC)
siroljuk

Finland   
Hi Bob,

Look here:
https://www.marklin-user...gram-CS2.aspx#post481938

Perhaps you find answers for you.

Regards

Jukka
Offline Bob  
#3 Posted : 15 April 2015 14:56:49(UTC)
Bob

Hi Jukka,
thank you for the link to previous posts. There is a lot of information there. I may have found what I am looking for. As soon as I have tested it, I will get back to you.

regards
Bob.
Offline Bob  
#4 Posted : 16 April 2015 04:58:42(UTC)
Bob

Hi Yukka,
Unfortunately I am not any further with triggering a sequence in memory with either the Contact track or Circuit track. It seems that all other functions in Memory work, but not trigger functions. The articles in the Marklin magazine are no help either, all they state is that one can do it but not how. I have both the english and german version, but they leave a lot of important detail out, either that or I have entirely misunderstood the articles.

I did have a close look at the S88 configuration which is accessed via the buttons on the bottom of the Memory page, but no luck. I know that the S88 works because I can get the shuttle train to work when set up via the shuttle train button in Control page.

Any way thank you for your help. Maybe someone else reads this post and may come up with a solution.

Bob.
Offline siroljuk  
#5 Posted : 16 April 2015 11:04:09(UTC)
siroljuk

Finland   
Hello Bob,

First you have to be sure that your S88 device is ready for programming. For this, and future also, I recommend you to make testing layout into your CS2
Here is an example of that:
UserPostedImage

Connect your S88 device so that you can see when contact is occupiend and when it is free. Those dots in the testing layout will change from the white to yellw when contact goes occupied and when it goes free it will change from yellow to white.

BE CAREFULL when you connect S88 device, you should cut off power of CS2 before connect. If you have older version of CS2 it is possible to burn you S88 channel if power is on during the connection.

After you have identified contacts on your layout it is easy to make trigger for memory sequences:

First put your memory to programming state:

It looks like this:
UserPostedImage

Here I have decided to trigger memory sequence B5 By first S88 deviced first contact.
If you have several S88 devices they must be in chain and just click + sign to get the contact number which you want to use.

In this example It triggers when contact goes occupied. In the Tr.-window coming train means that triggering happens when contact turns occupied. Leaving train means that contact turns to free.

In the picture on the right you can see how to make conditions for triggering.

From the post 481938 you can see more of how to make conditions.

I hope this will help you

Happy training

Regards

Jukka

thanks 4 users liked this useful post by siroljuk
Offline Bob  
#6 Posted : 17 April 2015 10:09:41(UTC)
Bob

Hello Jukka
Success ! I did exactly as you suggested and I managed to trigger Memory Sequence A2 from A1. I would never have thought to set up a testing layout in Layout. From that I can now select trigger points for other Memory sequences.
One interesting thing I noted that there does not appear a little field showing the S88 symbol on the right hand side of the Memory page. I have to remember that there is a trigger point.
Anyway I am very grateful to you that you have shown me the way to do it. I have found new interest in the CS2 and the programming of it so I will hope to post some more observations.

regards Bob.
Offline siroljuk  
#7 Posted : 17 April 2015 10:29:17(UTC)
siroljuk

Finland   
Hello Bob, and why not others too,

It is good that you managedThumpUp

I hope you read post numer 59 from here:

It is CS2 how to . . .

https://www.marklin-user...-how-tos.aspx#post400125

You find here one document link, allthough it is written in German language, you certainly find there usefull information.

Google translation site is usefull while you translate text or words. ( just the hint!).

Happy TrainingBigGrin

Jukka
Offline Bob  
#8 Posted : 17 April 2015 12:55:54(UTC)
Bob

Hi Yukka ,
I just looked at your (and Peter's) great Information/ Instruction document ( Memory Instruction 09.03.2015). It is really fantastic what you have put together. It is the most helpful information I have come across. However I think you should include that very valuable piece of information about the S88 contact details using the LAYOUT page. I believe that is really the key for getting sequences after a trigger to happen.

Bob.
Offline siroljuk  
#9 Posted : 18 April 2015 12:07:44(UTC)
siroljuk

Finland   
Hi,
You have to wait until I get the latest version of Märklin Book 03081.

I think in this book Märklin will tell us new features and possibilities around new decoders and digital devices which are coming into dealers shops in near future.
I have preordered all of them and I´ll test them first. Then I´ll start to rewrite, update and add more information into that document.

I have seen very good depate here in this forum about digitalization and stuff around it. My deepest intress is in CS2 - PC software cooperation and possibilities there. Also automated routes and overall how to get the best benefit from CS2.

To use of LAYOUT page like I did in my post is not my idea, I have borrowed it fron this forum. But that is the whole idea of forum like this, You read and learn, You test and tell to us other your experiences and all can learn. You put a bit old information of others and add your experiences into and here we are, new kind of way to make things rolling better.
I like this and I am proud that I can belong to such group of experts like this forum is.

Happy Training everyone

Regards

Jukka
Offline Bob  
#10 Posted : 19 April 2015 11:31:16(UTC)
Bob

Hi Yukka and others who may have an interest ,
I have programmed a very simple sequence on the CS2, (turn on lights, run slow, run faster, run slow, stop, turn off lights). The BR81 with an mfx decoder was set at a marked starting point, programmed by completing one round on the layout and stopped at the exact starting point. My observations are that there is a fair bit of variability in the time it takes for the train to complete one circuit of the layout. I found it impossible to get the train to stop exactly where it started, even by slightly adjusting the running times. I found that the train was fairly inconsistent in its running , with the same setting it sometimes over shot the stop point and at other times stopped well short. The variations were up to about 500mm, or about 2 seconds in travelling time.

In the English Marklin Magazine (02-2015) the article on Memory suggests (page 21 para 4) that there is a variation in running times and that dead track sections are recommended.
I did not expect that there is such a large variation in the performance of the locomotive, so I tried a BR03 and a V200 with similar results.
Anyway have you found that this is the case and do we have to install either dead section, contact or circuit tracks to get consistency.?

On another related matter, when programming a sequence, the programme commands appear on the right hand side of the CS2 screen, and when I first played around with the memory programming, the command window remained on the right hand side when temporally switching to the Control page. Now for some strange reason the command window switches to the left hand side when activating the Control page. This is a nuisance when locomotive functions commands are also on the the left hand side. Does anyone know how to switch the memory command window from left to right on the Control page?Confused

cheers
Bob.
Offline siroljuk  
#11 Posted : 19 April 2015 13:42:36(UTC)
siroljuk

Finland   
Hello Bob, all of you . . .

Few questions first: How many electric points you have on your layout? Electric point is the point where you contact electricity for your tracks. Is your track clean and of course are wheels and pick up shoe clean?

As far as I can imagine, from those questions and answer you can find the reason and can fix the problem. You should realise that CS2 is a computer with quite slow processor. One reason, I think it might not be very often, might be that you CS2 has too much to do during the ride.
There might be many reasons for your problem. But . . . if you want to stop the train always exactly same point, then you have to use a electric device with relay and isolated piece of track.

Just like Signals do. Make somehow relay to cut the power of isolated piece of track and certainly train will stop at that point.

To clean the track is the first, then good service for the train. Of course you should check the usage of CS2 during the ride, but this is rare reason.
Then of course add more electric point for better electricity for the track.

Then to programming:
As you have read from my poor document(document is certainly not finished yet) there are many things to be taken in considiration.
If you wonder changing time in secuences, this might be not a bug but poor featrure of the software. You have to get used to the fact that time is ticking during programming and effect might sometimes be unpredictable.
Here TIME is meaning the relatime clock measured by CS2´s internal clock and which can be seen in many individual items in memory secuences. ( but not all )

The other poor feature is that you mentioned, Viewing areas appears unlogically sometimes. There are lack of many things still, odd behavior also, but just doing and testing you will find out how to do another way. Finding Work Around to a problem is sometimes irritating, but kind of salt in this hobby.

Happy Training

Regards

Jukka
Offline Bob  
#12 Posted : 19 April 2015 14:18:47(UTC)
Bob

Hello Jukka,
Thanks for the reply, I have a electrical connection to the tracks approx every 2 metres or less. I have 1.84mm2 cable supply cable under the table from which I feed the tracks. I have checked for voltage drop but there is none.

But maybe the tracks need a good clean, they always seem to get dirty.

During the tests the CS2 did not have to do anything but drive the one locomotive with the six commands. It takes the train approx 2min 12 secs to complete one circuit. This should be easy even for the slowest of slow processors. Just by looking at the train running along I cannot see any speed variation.
Anyway I will clean the tracks again and have another test. Then I will install some isolated track sections, then, hopefully, the train will stop at exactly the same point.

As you write, time is ticking by even during programming, this of course will make any time based programming very imprecise. I did not realise that could be happening.

With regard to the positioning of the command window well, I just have to work around it.

Anyway I will persevere and I will have fun with the programming. As soon as I have solved the timing problem, I will start on nesting sequences which will operate several trains.
I will write posts as I get some results.

regards
Bob.
Offline clapcott  
#13 Posted : 20 April 2015 00:54:48(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: Bob Go to Quoted Post

In the English Marklin Magazine (02-2015) the article on Memory suggests (page 21 para 4) that there is a variation in running times and that dead track sections are recommended.

Bob,

FWIW

I, personally, think that the Marklin article and the example of including the WHOLE set of commands under one sequence is naive and quite unrealistic. Anyone who has worked with interfacing with the real world will tell you to expect unpredictable variations . The more sub-steps and the longer the sub-delays the wider the variations.

What you need to do is to use a feedback sensor located at the entry to the yard/platform that you wish it to stop at.
Move the commands in your sequence to stop-(lights off), to another sequence triggered by this extra senseor and NOT a time delay based on when the sequence started.

Peter
Offline Bob  
#14 Posted : 21 April 2015 09:01:58(UTC)
Bob

G'day Peter and Jukka and others,

I went out and bought myself a stop watch to continue with my MEMORY programming project. Here are my observations:
The times displayed on the CS2 Memory sequence commands are accurate. I operated just one train many times over exactly the same track with the same sequence. The total time was always the same, in this particular case 2min 8secs.
However the speed of the locomotive varied ever so slightly, I could not see any variation by looking at the train, but the CS2 in the SETUP indicated that there was a fluctuation in the current drawn. In my particular case the quiescent current was 0.308A ( I had a few lit carriages parked on another track.) as the test lok progressed the current varied between 0.367A and 0.442A. While the highest current draw was logically going up hill the current also fluctuated a little on the flat.
The result was that when the train was started form a fixed position it never actually stopped precisely at a particular spot, either over or under shooting.

So Peter, I think you are quite correct in saying that when interfacing to the real world the results are unpredictable.

I am now off to install feed back sensors to get the train to stop at the correct spot everytime, not just sometimes.

On another related matter, I had a look at the Marklin.de website download page, thinking I may download the CS2 software for the PC. Nowhere could I see what the basic requirements are, operating system (win7 or 8 or XP), memory space etc.
Does anyone know what the PC requirements are?

regds
Bob.
Offline siroljuk  
#15 Posted : 21 April 2015 11:24:10(UTC)
siroljuk

Finland   
Hello,

Bob,I think you should try to find out why the power demand varies even if nothing happens, Take all connection off from CS2 off first, then connect one by one devices. Then you find out where is, perhaps, faulty device.

Then of course in your train motor might have problen of collector. I have experience of collector obstructionin in many my older trains. Clean the collector thin intervals with a razor blade or similar tool carefully. Clean also copper surfaces and be sure that springs of brushes are ok.

Explore the locomotive ground conditions, sometimes, in particular light trains, grounding is quite poor. Keep those things clean.

One thing came to mind; If the locomotive you are running is a steam locomotive, make sure that the wheels synchronized mechanisms is ok. In some locomotives, according to my experience, connecting rods may have been damaged, and on the other hand synchonization can go into disrepair because the wheels have started slip on shaft.

But first try to find out the reason of current variation, it should be very stable if nothing happens.

Happy Training

Regards

Jukka
Offline clapcott  
#16 Posted : 22 April 2015 09:01:06(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
So Peter, I think you are quite correct in saying that when interfacing to the real world the results are unpredictable.

To its credit, the latest MM article (Memory .. (part3)) does address this issue somewhat - using the example of a motor warming up.
Peter
Offline clapcott  
#17 Posted : 22 April 2015 09:10:06(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: siroljuk Go to Quoted Post
... why the power demand varies even if nothing happens...

There are so many possible reasons...
- not least is the back EMF from the motor itself causing a higher current draw on any curve or incline.
- turning lights on/off
- then there is the CS2 itself (different amounts of light depending on the background)
- the bidirectional mfx chatter

The CS2 indication is indicative only and for @ 300-400 mAs you just can't make a call.

Peter
Offline Bob  
#18 Posted : 22 April 2015 14:27:21(UTC)
Bob

Good evening all,
Today I had a rather successful day, finally I managed to get 3 trains running simultaneously and continuously without any mishaps even with 2 trains sharing a track. I have programmed 3 sequences but they link to each other. The operation is a mixture of timing and contact circuit tracks. I observed that after running several rounds around the tracks the locomotives settled down and stopped withing about 200mm of where they are supposed to stop. ( I have not yet installed switched or dead tracks).
So my guess is that motor temperature may be a factor in performance. The good thing is that with either 1 or 2 or all 3 loks operating there does not seem to be any variation in their stopping performance. I assume that the power regulation of the CS2 is quite good.

I am indebted to Yukka and Peter for helping me out.

Now, I am still not clear on the minimum PC requirements for the CS2 software . I just looked at the the magazine article (no 4) which is available on the Marklin magazine site as a download. Even that article is silent on the Operating system of the PC. Will it run on windows 7 or 8????
Offline kiwiAlan  
#19 Posted : 22 April 2015 14:38:31(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Good evening all,
Today I had a rather successful day, finally I managed to get 3 trains running simultaneously and continuously without any mishaps even with 2 trains sharing a track. I have programmed 3 sequences but they link to each other. The operation is a mixture of timing and contact circuit tracks. I observed that after running several rounds around the tracks the locomotives settled down and stopped withing about 200mm of where they are supposed to stop. ( I have not yet installed switched or dead tracks).
So my guess is that motor temperature may be a factor in performance. The good thing is that with either 1 or 2 or all 3 loks operating there does not seem to be any variation in their stopping performance. I assume that the power regulation of the CS2 is quite good.

I am indebted to Yukka and Peter for helping me out.

Now, I am still not clear on the minimum PC requirements for the CS2 software . I just looked at the the magazine article (no 4) which is available on the Marklin magazine site as a download. Even that article is silent on the Operating system of the PC. Will it run on windows 7 or 8????

Yes, but there are supposed to be versions available for Linux and Mac, but I don't know if they are available yet, so AFAIK the only version is Windows.
Offline Bob  
#20 Posted : 17 May 2015 14:15:02(UTC)
Bob

Hi,
I have had success in setting up some simple sequences in memory with reasonable results, even the timing issue is not a big problem. However I noticed that when pressing the big emergency stop bar on the CS2 the internal programme seems to continue running because when the stop bar is released the sequencing of the trains is lost. Has anyone else noted that?

On a slightly different tack, I was wondering how to set up sequences on the CS2 without using specific locomotives. I am trying to set up sequences with signals (Marklin Hobby with IEK signal controllers) similarly to the analogue block system. Reading some of the old digital papers on the 6021 and 6043 memory it seems to me that sequences can be set which either switch power to the track or magnetic device or they do not, and independent of the locomotive.
Does anyone know if this can be set up with the CS2 memory, and how it is done??Confused

thanks
Bob.
Offline siroljuk  
#21 Posted : 17 May 2015 17:20:26(UTC)
siroljuk

Finland   
Hello,
The big emergency stop bar only cut off the power to the track, it does not stop or pause controls in CS2´s memory ( ie. CS2`s computer).

If you want to control turnouts or what ever devices they have to have digital address. You can swicth turnouts via keyboard page or via layout page. In keyboard you can find also other devices like singnals and relay devices like m83 and m84 which have digital addresses.

Put the memory into programming state and just click keyboard page items. It is important to look properties of those devices and learn by doing how time goes with these devices during programming.
After you have learned how to controll other devices, then start to combine train-control and device-control in memory. When you are doing this combining you will see some strange behavior considering timing. In particular, look carefully when you are editing allready existing sequence. Evethough I have programmed quite many sequences by now, I don´t always understand the logic of CS2 memory.
Perhaps it is German LogicConfused Confused

Well, I Just suggest that if you have M84 relay device configure it carefully and learn by trying how to use it through the memory by keyboard.

And remember that all digital devices hate you if you connect them to the system when power is on. CUT THE POWER allways when you connect.

If you want to ask more, please use some examples what you want to do. I´ll help as much I can.

Happy Training

Regards
Jukka
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#22 Posted : 18 May 2015 12:50:50(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
First you have to be sure that your S88 device is ready for programming. For this, and future also, I recommend you to make testing layout into your CS2

A very good hint Jukka, thanks for posting it. I was trying to identify all of my reed contacts on my layout and was looking for this type of information. Since I couldn't find it, I gave up and used my Ecos instead (which has a screen available which shows all S88 inputs and their state).
Offline Bob  
#23 Posted : 20 May 2015 13:42:09(UTC)
Bob

Thanks for the hint Yukka, I have programmed the signal sequence and it works well. I am using the IEK track occupancy modules to detect where trains are and switch signals via the S88 and the CS2. This all works.
All the IEK modules (signal, S88 K83) all work very well and are cheaper than the Marklin items.

Bob.
Offline Shamu  
#24 Posted : 21 May 2015 04:13:33(UTC)
Shamu

Australia   
Hi Bob,

Maybe I got different ones to you but I thought the IEK modules for the hobby signals had track occupancy/control built in to them..... might have to double check my translation of the manual such as it is.

Glad your having success with your programming attempts with the CS2. ThumpUp
Sad when its cheaper to buy a new 29640 starter set from Germany than a CS2 on its own in Oz, welcome to the joys of Marklin down under .
Offline aquaanox  
#25 Posted : 03 January 2016 22:31:39(UTC)
aquaanox

United States   
Hello Bob,

Here is an example of that:
UserPostedImage

Connect your S88 device so that you can see when contact is occupiend and when it is free. Those dots in the testing layout will change from the white to yellw when contact goes occupied and when it goes free it will change from yellow to white.

BE CAREFULL when you connect S88 device, you should cut off power of CS2 before connect. If you have older version of CS2 it is possible to burn you S88 channel if power is on during the connection.

After you have identified contacts on your layout it is easy to make trigger for memory sequences:

First put your memory to programming state:

It looks like this:
UserPostedImage

Here I have decided to trigger memory sequence B5 By first S88 deviced first contact.
If you have several S88 devices they must be in chain and just click + sign to get the contact number which you want to use.

In this example It triggers when contact goes occupied. In the Tr.-window coming train means that triggering happens when contact turns occupied. Leaving train means that contact turns to free.

In the picture on the right you can see how to make conditions for triggering.

From the post 481938 you can see more of how to make conditions.

I hope this will help you

Happy training

Regards

Jukka

im having the same issue. i have the braking modules setup and working perfect. now i am adding contact sections with a L88 / cs2. the l88 is registered correctly in cs2. just like the OP i have the memory sequences working but cannot get the contact section to trigger. im using the contact track set. with the outer isolated rail connected to the l88. do i also need to isolate the contact section with rail isolators ? i added the contacts to the layout editor. they do not trigger. very confused. i can manually change them from yellow to white in the layout but that does nothing :(

Offline clapcott  
#26 Posted : 04 January 2016 00:33:47(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
The l88 (60883) adds another set of issues
Please Clarify

Originally Posted by: aquaanox Go to Quoted Post
... the l88 is registered correctly in cs2.

- Are you using the L88s native ports or additional S88s?
- What is the configuration? (BOTH device tab and Info tab)
- What ID / Name / Serial number

NOTE: Marklin do not help , in fact they have really stuffed up configuration ergonomics. You have to note the l88s serial number, then note the name, then note the ID.
(Ok if you only have one L88 but extreamly poor for the future)

Quote:
... just like the OP i have the memory sequences working but cannot get the contact section to trigger.

- Please provide a screenshot of your settup
- Have you changed the Hand/Loco icon at the right of each line to Hand&Loc

Quote:
...i'm using the contact track set. with the outer isolated rail connected to the l88...

Have you connected the ground (Upside down "T") to the Brown from the controller?

And if you haven't already worked it out, the L88 must be powered
AND
The L88 must be powered on completely before the CS2 completes its startup. (The L88 can take 10's of seconds to initialise itself fully)

Failure to do this, will result in the L88 loosing its configuration. Hot too much of an issue if you have no S88s and are not using the L88 in matrixmode
(It's no good just restarting things in the correct sequence - you have to reenter the information)
Peter
Offline aquaanox  
#27 Posted : 04 January 2016 15:31:09(UTC)
aquaanox

United States   
Originally Posted by: clapcott Go to Quoted Post
The l88 (60883) adds another set of issues
Please Clarify

Originally Posted by: aquaanox Go to Quoted Post
... the l88 is registered correctly in cs2.

- Are you using the L88s native ports or additional S88s?
- What is the configuration? (BOTH device tab and Info tab)
- What ID / Name / Serial number

NOTE: Marklin do not help , in fact they have really stuffed up configuration ergonomics. You have to note the l88s serial number, then note the name, then note the ID.
(Ok if you only have one L88 but extreamly poor for the future)

Quote:
... just like the OP i have the memory sequences working but cannot get the contact section to trigger.

- Please provide a screenshot of your settup
- Have you changed the Hand/Loco icon at the right of each line to Hand&Loc

Quote:
...i'm using the contact track set. with the outer isolated rail connected to the l88...

Have you connected the ground (Upside down "T") to the Brown from the controller?

And if you haven't already worked it out, the L88 must be powered
AND
The L88 must be powered on completely before the CS2 completes its startup. (The L88 can take 10's of seconds to initialise itself fully)

Failure to do this, will result in the L88 loosing its configuration. Hot too much of an issue if you have no S88s and are not using the L88 in matrixmode
(It's no good just restarting things in the correct sequence - you have to reenter the information)

I'm using the L88 native ports (right now using only ports 1 and 2 for my 2 test contact tracks).
I only have one l88 (no s88s - though I can hook one up, I bought a s88 but after reading the manual, it seems that is not required with a l88 for basic contacts).
The l88 is powered - and I haven't turned it off - it shows up correctly in cs2 (screenshot attached).
Changing the hand/loco sign on the right does not make any difference
The ground is connected to the outer live rail of the contact track.

Im attaching screenshots - my guess is I do not have my contact tracks setup correctly. im using 24995 contract track set.
I also do not understand the status icons when you launch a memory route (sometimes its yellow, sometimes its blue, sometimes it just executes the commands and no change in status). IMG_2843.JPG

IMG_2852.JPGIMG_2847.JPGIMG_2848.JPGIMG_2849.JPGIMG_2850.JPGIMG_2851.JPGIMG_2853.JPG
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by aquaanox
Offline aquaanox  
#28 Posted : 04 January 2016 19:51:15(UTC)
aquaanox

United States   
I have solved my l88 problem and everything is working now. I had the ground connected to the contact track, and it needs to be outside of that block.
I also tested the power on delay on the l88 and did not see any delays once the basic config was working. this is a very informative post overall, thanks a bunch.