Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline xxup  
#1 Posted : 18 May 2015 12:35:49(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
WinDigiPet (WDP) 2015 was recently released in Germany. For the first time, English speaking users get the same version as the German users, but with the option (like the MS1/MS2) to switch to English and some other languages from the original German language. The only disadvantage we will have for a couple of months is that we will not have an English manual as it is still being translated from the original German version. There is an excellent WDP forum, if we get stuck trying out some of the new features we can always ask the question on their forum.

The other change for WDP 2015 is that the product is now released on a USB drive instead of the old copy protected CD-ROM drive.

I have my copy already and I will be installing it on Saturday. If anyone is interested, I will post a quick review of the new version. Cool
Adrian
UserPostedImage
Australia flag by abFlags.com
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by xxup
Offline siroljuk  
#2 Posted : 18 May 2015 13:37:14(UTC)
siroljuk

Finland   
Hello Adrian, others too.

I am interested in WinDigipet 20015. I have the older version and eager to hear your experiences of the new version. The first version of WinDigipet of mine was 2009 and it was German language. I have to say that I cannot read German language without dictionary. Then I updated it to version 2012 English version and got also English Manual. Over 500 pages of information. Even it is in English I have still difficulties to understand all in that manual. But still I dream about using WinDigipet and its great features some day. Perhaps the manual of new version is better to understandScared Scared .

Happy Training to all of you

Regards

Jukka
Offline Shamu  
#3 Posted : 20 May 2015 08:24:24(UTC)
Shamu

Australia   
Be interested to hear how you go with it Adrian as I am totally lost as to which system to try/use once the time comes...... mind you I have serious issues with the $$$ involved Cursing
Sad when its cheaper to buy a new 29640 starter set from Germany than a CS2 on its own in Oz, welcome to the joys of Marklin down under .
Offline xxup  
#4 Posted : 20 May 2015 09:26:03(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
One of the reasons why I chose WDP is that the initial price hurts, but the upgrades (every two years) are a reasonable 99.50 Euro.. Train controller, on the other hand, costs about $650 upfront and $550 for upgrades..

Rocorail of course, is free, but when I tried it out years ago the functionality was nowhere near as good as WDP.

Times change and Model Railway software is a very personal thing. My advice is to try them all before you decide to buy one of them. Then get onto their respective forums and see how responsive they are to your questions.
Adrian
UserPostedImage
Australia flag by abFlags.com
Offline Shamu  
#5 Posted : 20 May 2015 09:41:59(UTC)
Shamu

Australia   
I had been leaning towards Railroad & Co..... "Train Controller" I think its called now, guess that is more a case of it being the one Brima use and 3 different price levels from memory......... open to all though.
Sad when its cheaper to buy a new 29640 starter set from Germany than a CS2 on its own in Oz, welcome to the joys of Marklin down under .