Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Joseph Meiring  
#1 Posted : 28 April 2015 19:13:24(UTC)
Joseph Meiring

South Africa   
About 4 years ago I had fitted the 60941 High eff motor and 60962 mLD decoder to my mid 80's BR 85 3309.
Runs like a dream since then, but am now thinking of fitting a 60965 mSD - only having a MS2, is it a problem registering/capturing all the sound, telex, smoke, light functions? Or is it necessary to have a CS2?Confused
Any input as to the "how's" and possible pitfalls to avoid? would be MOST welcome please! Unsure
thanks, Joe
Offline H0  
#2 Posted : 28 April 2015 20:19:58(UTC)
H0

Hi, Joe!
Originally Posted by: Joe Meiring Go to Quoted Post
Or is it necessary to have a CS2?
AFAIK you can make all necessary changes with an MS2. Simply disable mfx in the MS2 and make the changes with DCC. When done, you can re-enable mfx.
It's more comfortable with a CS2.

You need a CS2 if you want to upload a different sound project.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
Offline Shamu  
#3 Posted : 29 April 2015 04:00:30(UTC)
Shamu

Australia   
This might come in handy, I reread it just before I decided to buy one at the beginning of the year;

https://www.marklin-user...l/digital/DIesubr85.html

Juhan's Thread on doing a sound upgrade on his BR85.
Sad when its cheaper to buy a new 29640 starter set from Germany than a CS2 on its own in Oz, welcome to the joys of Marklin down under .
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Shamu
Offline river6109  
#4 Posted : 29 April 2015 05:12:17(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square
Originally Posted by: Shamu Go to Quoted Post
This might come in handy, I reread it just before I decided to buy one at the beginning of the year;

https://www.marklin-user...l/digital/DIesubr85.html

Juhan's Thread on doing a sound upgrade on his BR85.

most probably since than ESU introduced a 21 pin sound decoder which eliminates some of the wires and makes it easier to install such decoders. by adding an adapter plate ESU 51968 you can access or have access to Aux 1 - Aux 4. this will enable you to use 2 telex coupling Aux 2 + Aux 3, smoke generator Aux 1 and either gearlight or firebox for Aux 4.
the only drawback is with the telex coupling you can't set the timer on Aux 3, so you would have to do it manually by pressing the button until you've satisfied the carriage has uncoupled and than release the button.

the adapter plate is constructed in such a way you can use the Märklin decoder plate secure it to the frame as before, in the same spot as the reversing unit insert the adapter plate into Märklin plate and the 21 pin decoder is connected to the adapter plate the adapter plate has all the connections for your motor, speaker, Aux functions 1-4 and your common wire (blue) for all your Led' connections, your Telex coupling (1 wire = earth=track, 1 wire = Aux 2 + Aux 3. if you have a friend or dealer who can than program the decoder it would help, so the loco runs perfect.

I'm going to convert my 3308 soon and when I do I will show the progress how I do it, this will be the third conversion from a 6080 decoder to a 60901 decoder and this time it will be an ESU sound decoder as described as above.

John

Edited by user 17 May 2015 04:03:07(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by river6109
Offline H0  
#5 Posted : 29 April 2015 07:45:45(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: river6109 Go to Quoted Post
by adding an adapter plate ESU 51967 you can access or have access to Aux 1 - Aux 4
It should be noted that the adapter plate 51967 is NEM compatible and cannot be used with mSD (except for the "Spezial" mSD).
A similar adapter plate is included with mSD 60945,

I'd recommend going for a 21 pin decoder socket - either NEM compatible or Märklin compatible.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
Offline Joseph Meiring  
#6 Posted : 16 May 2015 22:15:06(UTC)
Joseph Meiring

South Africa   
My 3309 has sound......John VR very kindly installed a 60965 sound decoder today; went fairly smoothly, altho working space is minimal!
The sounds are very good, and the volume levels are more than adequate. A job well done John - thanks so much.BigGrin
The BR 85 is even more of a pleasure to run nowadays.....next in line is my V200!?!?....Sneaky
Joe
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Joseph Meiring