Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Timmy2Tone  
#1 Posted : 11 May 2015 22:14:17(UTC)
Timmy2Tone

United Kingdom   
Hello All,

Dors anyone know of somewhere that I can buy z gauge spares from? At the moment, I need two side grilles for a class 221 diesel I'm working on.

The Marklin site doesn't sell these parts individually unfortunately but I'm more than happy with used parts to be honest.

Thanks.
Timmy2Tone attached the following image(s):
image.jpg
image.jpg
Offline ozzman  
#2 Posted : 14 May 2015 13:52:35(UTC)
ozzman

Australia   
About all I can suggest is to see if you can find a 221 body shell on eBay and take what you need off that. You'd be more likely to find one on eBay Germany. You might be able to sell the rest of the shell. Or you could weather it and use it as a static old loco that's about to be cut up for scrap.

Edit: Maybe you could use a body shell from an 8820. The gratings should be the same.

Edited by user 15 May 2015 02:11:39(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Gary
Z Scale
"Never let the prototype get in the way of a good layout"
Offline Zme  
#3 Posted : 16 May 2015 17:16:27(UTC)
Zme

United States   
Hello

Contact Axel at this web address: He will send you an reply in English.

http://www.ersatzteile-1zu220.de/shop/index.php

You can use a translator for the page, try to look up the part number you need to make it a bit easier. I have not found another z scale Marklin spare part site anywhere. I agree with ozzman, you might need to buy an entire shell to get what you need from Ebay.

I find the service on ersatzteile is quick and they use PayPal if you need it. Watch the mailing costs, at times, the mailing costs the same as the item you need. You may want to search the site to see what is available and order a few other items too. Remember this about shells from this site, it does not include detail items, piping at the top, or windscreens etc. These would need to be purchased separately or pay more for the shell with all the parts. Maybe they will have the small part you need just keep browsing the site.

Sometime Germany Ebay does not work out, I have purchased items, provided payment and still not received the part I needed even when I cleared the purchase with the seller beforehand. Even though I got the money back, it was not a pleasant experience. Many time small items require local pickup as they will not ship. If the seller has more service type items on their site, and if the seller has international sales it might work out. They have high exchange rates and mailing rates too, so watch this.

Best regards, hope you can find what you need.

Dwight

Edited by user 17 May 2015 03:25:42(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Zme