Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline jacqvw  
#1 Posted : 06 May 2015 01:35:08(UTC)
jacqvw

Canada   
I worked on my layout on the PC CS2 software, to make some changes in the graphical representation of my layout.
After a while the CS2 gave an error message: synchronization stopped after 4 synchronization mistakes.
After clearing this message I discovered that all my graphical CS2 layouts (7) were gone, empty, alles weg!!!!
Only the graphical layout which was on the screen of the CS2 was still there.
The rest was gone. The screen names are still there, but empty. Luckily I had a backup! But after redoing it three times I gave up.
Any body else having problems with this synchronization issue? Will it also happening when you define routes?
I do not trust the PC CS2 software!! It needs to be debugged!!
Marklin C 110m on 500 x 200 cm; CS2; North America era III
Offline siroljuk  
#2 Posted : 06 May 2015 07:48:37(UTC)
siroljuk

Finland   
Hello jacqvw . . .

I have had same kind of problems with CS2 and PC-sofware. I have seen, that PC-software is not ready yet. I have used this combination from the beginning of software´s publication. There are several points where problems might come up. I think that it is best that you do your changes for Layout, Memory and other with your CS2 not with you PC. Save all you do during your work and after you have done changes make backupt with CS2. It is best only use PC-software not to make changes.
Then of course check your PC-connection to CS2 ( I mean network things in yor environment. Sychronization might stop or be disturbed for many reasons. If you use WIFI, change it to cable connections. WIFI might not be very lialable.

Happy Training for everyone

Regards

Jukka
Offline witzlerh  
#3 Posted : 08 May 2015 19:40:25(UTC)
witzlerh

Canada   
I noticed that there have been a couple of updates on the CS2 software since the famous update to fix the uninstall mistake.
So it seems that this software is being looked at regularly and tweaked.

I agree that there may be some connectivity issues. I usually do a restart and if it comes back, then it is not the fault of the software but the connections. Land line is better than wi-fi.
There may be some settings that Märklin can do to make this more reliable....first off by having a FAQ would help....

Try going to Ethernet cable and if not, send an email to Märklin.
Harald
CS2 DB & Canadian Era 3-6
Offline H0  
#4 Posted : 08 May 2015 19:55:01(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: witzlerh Go to Quoted Post
I noticed that there have been a couple of updates on the CS2 software since the famous update to fix the uninstall mistake.
I haven't noticed any updates to the PC version since December 23, 2014. No updates documented on maerklin.de and the file available for download today is exactly the same as that from December 23.

It seems the CS2 software didn't get any core updates either (some loco icons have been added).
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline clapcott  
#5 Posted : 09 May 2015 02:08:07(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
This has already been noted and commented on when the CS2-PC first came out

Like many electronic products the CS2 has a "safe" non-volatile copy of data which is maintained when power is off and a working copy of data.
The working copy is used in operation because it uses faster memory, but this memory is volatile and information is lost when power is off.

When configuration changes are made they will be eventually saved to the "safe" copy
a) on a clean shutdown
b) some arbitrary time (e.g. 5 minutes auto-save) that the designers consider a compromise between to impact on operation and too many writes to "safe" memory.

Should an error (of any kind - including a sudden power off) occur between auto-saves , the recent changes will be lost.

Changes made on the CS2 itself appear to be auto-saved very quickly
I cannot comment on whether it is possible for the CS2-PC to specifically issue a "commit" command to the CS2. I suspect it is more a need to have the CS2 aware that "changes from outside have been made" and to trigger its normal auto-save routine/schedule

This same issue is evident on a CS1 without the battery installed. the battery in this case is used to ensure the unsaved changes either have time to complete a save in the case of a power failure, or maintain power to the volatile memory until main power is restored and the changes can be committed.

But to address the current issue of loosing data, you just have to remember to do your own periodic auto-saves by doing a restart at the CS2.
Peter
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by clapcott
Offline stevend  
#6 Posted : 10 June 2015 03:55:24(UTC)
stevend

Hi All,

Hopefully this is helpful:

In the app following keys are allocated.

F1 to F8: are the function keys F0 to F7 of the left engine in the Control Window .
F9 to F16: are the function keys F0 to F7 Right locomotive in the Control Window .
A: Left locomotive selection of CS2
l: simulates the right locomotive selection of CS2
g: and the function key F21 simulates the stop - button of CS2
q: terminates the application

Scrolling the mouse affects the speed of the right engine Windows control key
Apple/Windows? key command + scrolling the mouse affects the speed ​​of the left engine

Other things I've noticed:
Right mouse click within the right engine control area open the CAN View Window.

Kind Regards
Dion
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by stevend