Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline quarkhirad  
#1 Posted : 04 May 2015 16:37:06(UTC)
quarkhirad

India   
Hi all

I have downloaded the marklin 0390 and 0700 catalogs from http://www.lctm.info/Biblioteca/Libros/index.htm. As i dont know german i am find it difficult to understand the catalog. Does anybody know where i can download the english version?

Also these books are only for K and m tracks is their a similar book for C track geometry.

Thanks
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by quarkhirad
Offline Alsterstreek  
#2 Posted : 05 May 2015 12:00:11(UTC)
Alsterstreek

Germany   
Illustrated German C-track brochure:

http://www.maerklin.de/m.../c-gleis_kataloginfo.pdf

There is also a link to the English version floating around in the forum...
Offline Alsterstreek  
#3 Posted : 05 May 2015 12:05:48(UTC)
Alsterstreek

Germany   
Multi-lingual basic C-track geometry explanation here:

https://www.maerklin.de/...#228;nzungspackungen.pdf
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Alsterstreek
Offline Mike863  
#4 Posted : 05 May 2015 23:34:06(UTC)
Mike863

United States   
You could also get the 350 (German) and 351 (English) layout books from the same web site where you found the 390 and 700. These are very similar and will let you get a close translation between the two. Since I am playing with M track, I found 351 covers almost all of the classic Marklin layouts. I looked over what we had left from our childhood collection and then systematically purchased everything needed to set up any of the layouts. This meant hunting down lots of turnouts, short tracks, contact tracks, crossings, signals, transformers, control boxes, etc. This was a great way to make sure I had enough of anything and everything to assemble whatever I thought I might like to do.

One idea was that a layout would be only temporary much of the time. With my brother sometimes only showing up for just a day or two on the weekend, we could break out the trains and get something going in short order, knowing that all the pieces are at hand. The other thought was to get all the old analog controls figured out with multiple trains going at once (4 trains - fully automatic working!). As it is, I now have a big collection of parts and never run out of parts to make any needed connection. Still haven't tried all the various automation controls and signal setups and never have bult any of the layouts exactly as in the book, but I know I have everything needed if I ever decide to. Marklin did put some thought into the layouts so there are some good ideas to adopt in different places.

Of course we usually just put tracks together to cover the most ground and to provide the most flexibility in routing trains. Right now we have 3 main loops with some long parallel passing areas, ovals and figure 8 in the center area, and a separately powered 3 parallel track yard area. With about 47 turnouts in use, there are endless ways around the layout and from one circuit to another. Using the 351 layout book as a starter guide to inventory to accumulate let's us build whatever we might think up.
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by Mike863
Offline quarkhirad  
#5 Posted : 06 May 2015 09:47:30(UTC)
quarkhirad

India   
hi alsterstreek

Thank you for the multilingual basic manual. It is quite informative. However i would still like the english translation of the manual in your previous post. I tried searching in the forum for the english version as you said but couldn't find it. If you have found the link could you please give it.

Thanks

cheers