Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Rwill  
#1 Posted : 04 May 2015 20:47:57(UTC)
Rwill

United Kingdom   
Made redundant last year - getting older so fished the Marklin Digital stuff out of the loft, which has been there since I believe 1995.

Spent a few days just sorting and dusting things then set up a simple ingleton sidings to see if it all works.

Have a 6021 plus keyboard with locos 3631, 3674(2 off), 3636, 3618 and a chipped 3328.

So in general locos run after a bit of TLC and oil etc., points, uncouplers seem fine with the following exceptions:

Neither of the 3674's want to respond at all tried changing the addresses etc. but so far zilch. These used to be the workhorses of my old large layout so it may be brushes - if so where do I get them - UK and or mail order.

But my main problem is that none of the locos lights work at all let alone change ends with direction - surely they cant all have blown or can they? Do they die with age or am I not recalling something really simple and if I need new bulbs where do I get them from?

All my old suppliers have gone W&H, Bahnhof for Marklin, Beatties, The Signal box and etc and Gaugemaster seem a little disinterested
Offline taliesin  
#2 Posted : 04 May 2015 21:02:19(UTC)
taliesin

United Kingdom   
Hi there, the UK does seem to have a problem with spares, assuming that brushes and bulbs are similar to The equivalent Trix loco's try Marno LTD or Winco, should you draw a blank I have had good service from a dealer in Holland who understands written English, let me know if you need his details and I will pass them on, cheers Rob
Offline H0  
#3 Posted : 04 May 2015 21:16:46(UTC)
H0

Hi,

Welcome to the forum!

Originally Posted by: Rwill Go to Quoted Post
or am I not recalling something really simple
I assume you tried pressing the "function" key on the 6021 to turn the lights on? An LED indicates that "function" was activated.
The lights should also be on while you press the "off" key. Maybe the keys on the 6021 do not work properly, so look for the LED feedback and try pressing a bit harder if the LED stays off.

Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage