Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Jamie  
#1 Posted : 18 March 2015 22:07:38(UTC)
Jamie

Canada   
Is there a forum for Trix HO trains?

Thanks,

Jamie
Offline steventrain  
#2 Posted : 18 March 2015 22:27:47(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
I can not find Trix forum but this forum can help you if you have any problem with Trix items.

Other forum such as Stummi.de forum but only in German.
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
Offline gerardo960  
#3 Posted : 19 March 2015 01:23:36(UTC)
gerardo960

Argentina   
Is there a forum for Trix Express trains?

Thanks
Offline sjlauritsen  
#4 Posted : 19 March 2015 07:54:51(UTC)
sjlauritsen

Denmark   
Yeah. I am here too! If you have any Trix-related questions, do not hesitate to ask! :-)

I am not into Trix Express, but I can help with Trix H0 and N scale.
Søren from Denmark
Blog: https://railway.zone/ | Danish Model Railway Forum: https://baneforum.dk/
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by sjlauritsen
Offline H0  
#5 Posted : 19 March 2015 08:02:40(UTC)
H0

Hi!

A Google search for "trix express forum english" found these:
http://www.ttrca.co.uk/
http://www.worldrailfans...trix-express-on-the-web/

Google finds many German fora - Google Chrome can translate them for you.
Here is one:
http://alte-modellbahnen.xobor.de/
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline gerardo960  
#6 Posted : 20 March 2015 02:15:21(UTC)
gerardo960

Argentina   
Thanks guys I need information about new items and what are the chances that this brand is re-produced in special accesories. Confused
Offline dukin.joo  
#7 Posted : 20 March 2015 05:38:28(UTC)
dukin.joo

Australia   
Hi guys,

What's the best website to look as like a database of all the HO trix models?

Thanks in advance :)
Offline sjlauritsen  
#8 Posted : 20 March 2015 06:43:01(UTC)
sjlauritsen

Denmark   
Originally Posted by: dukin.joo Go to Quoted Post
What's the best website to look as like a database of all the HO trix models?

If you are talking strictly H0 and not Express, the best is probably the Trix homepage.

http://www.trix.de/de/pr...te/produktdatenbank.html

Unfortunately only in German. They do not have every single model, but they do have the models for the last 10 years (approx).

Søren from Denmark
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by sjlauritsen
Offline H0  
#9 Posted : 20 March 2015 08:06:03(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: sjlauritsen Go to Quoted Post
Unfortunately only in German.
Also in English, but hard to find (typically Märklin). Also includes Trix Express, but only recent items.
See here:
http://www.trixtrains.com/trix_pdbs.html
Search does not work correctly now, but worked weeks ago and hopefully will work again soon.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline sjlauritsen  
#10 Posted : 20 March 2015 08:32:41(UTC)
sjlauritsen

Denmark   
Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
Search does not work correctly now, but worked weeks ago and hopefully will work again soon.

Which is why I did not mention it at all. wink The page is sad and useless.
Søren from Denmark
Offline H0  
#11 Posted : 20 March 2015 08:43:23(UTC)
H0

Looks sad. But it works (now) and you can get English product descriptions.
Direct link:
http://www.trix.de/en/in...onal/product-search.html
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline sjlauritsen  
#12 Posted : 20 March 2015 09:46:08(UTC)
sjlauritsen

Denmark   
Looks sad. But it works (now) and you can get English product descriptions.

Okay, great. Märklin does not really care much for Trix H0 - at least it seems that way. Smile They should though! Smile

Anyway these great forums can help with information where Märklin fails. Smile

Søren from Denmark
Offline RayF  
#13 Posted : 20 March 2015 10:16:17(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
Helmut Kern's site is also good for Trix models up to around 2005. Unforunately it doesn't seem to be working at the moment. I hope it's not lost forever....

http://www.hfkern.gmxhome.de/
Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
Offline Goofy  
#14 Posted : 21 March 2015 14:02:10(UTC)
Goofy

I use two rail trains,but do sometimes test my Märklin BR 64.
So i need an forum by write and discuss about the trains and digital system which present both 2 and 3 rail with mfx,MM and DCC protocol.
Marklin-users.net do this.
H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
Offline gerardo960  
#15 Posted : 22 March 2015 02:32:45(UTC)
gerardo960

Argentina   
Thanks guys but I need to know who sells tracks and switches new the switchs electric. the trix express am talk.
Offline kiwiAlan  
#16 Posted : 22 March 2015 15:15:19(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: gerardo960 Go to Quoted Post
Thanks guys but I need to know who sells tracks and switches new the switchs electric. the trix express am talk.

Well, any Marklin dealer should be able to supply or order any item in the current catalogue range, including trix express items. Most dealers now treat Trix items as part of the Marklin range instead of a separate product.
Offline H0  
#17 Posted : 22 March 2015 19:59:28(UTC)
H0

The current catalogue range includes a few rolling stock items for Trix Express, but no track pieces.

For Trix Express tracks you have to rely on second hand markets (flea markets, fleaBay, dealers with second hand stock).
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline gerardo960  
#18 Posted : 22 March 2015 21:55:49(UTC)
gerardo960

Argentina   
and you believe that manufacturing could return to tracks and turnouts for trix express.
Offline H0  
#19 Posted : 22 March 2015 22:11:00(UTC)
H0

and you believe that manufacturing could return to tracks and turnouts for trix express.
I don't know.
For a while the club car was the only new rolling stock they offered for Trix Express. A few years ago they started making locos and cars again. Seams to work and they make more locos and more cars.

I can imagine that one day we will see track packages with M track or Trix Express track. I expect a set with straight and curved tracks and turnouts, not the return of the complete assortment.

Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline kiwiAlan  
#20 Posted : 22 March 2015 22:18:12(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
I don't know.
For a while the club car was the only new rolling stock they offered for Trix Express. A few years ago they started making locos and cars again. Seams to work and they make more locos and more cars.

I can imagine that one day we will see track packages with M track or Trix Express track. I expect a set with straight and curved tracks and turnouts, not the return of the complete assortment.

The reason they are 'making' locos and wagons for Trix Express is that they can do this with absolutely minimal changes to standard Trix models. The coupler used plugs into a standard NEM pocket, when you look at the catalogue pictures, so the only change for a wagon is the wheel set, which is a pretty low cost way to enlarge the market.

For a loco using a mix of the Trix two rail wheel set with the flanges modified as required for the Trix Express, and a (marklin sourced?) pick up shoe along with the couplings into NEM pockets makes for a low cost loco conversion.

It would be interesting to see if they come out with a Trix Express version of C Track.

Offline gerardo960  
#21 Posted : 22 March 2015 23:53:00(UTC)
gerardo960

Argentina   
That same thinking that I have begun to expand the range with locomotives and wagons the logical step would be to launch a new type of lines for trix express plus a full assortment.Smile
Offline sjlauritsen  
#22 Posted : 23 March 2015 06:13:08(UTC)
sjlauritsen

Denmark   
With loads and loads of Trix Express track available cheap on eBay, I would assume that the market is rather small for a new product of this type. I do not see a complete track program in the near future for a couple of reasons:

1. The Trix Express products that we see in the market today are just "Trix-expressifications" of Märklin products. For the most part they use older designs, I guess to match the time period for existing Trix Express products. Old boggie motor, 1:100 coaches and so on. They are easy to make, because the effort is small when you already have the mold.
2. The Trix Express people are mostly collectors that collect older models. Models from "The Real Trix", "Trix before Märklin", so to speak. I do not see new products have the same "collectors value" as the old ones. Thus not being interesting for the majority of Trix Express folks.
3. Maintaining a new track program is expensive and making a new track program would also attract new people to this type of track, people who would otherwise have bought Märklin or 2-rail. I think there could be a strategy in keeping the options to a minimum to guide customers into the already established product lines.
4. With the lack of love put into the Trix C-track, still several track pieces missing from the Märklin line, I would find it very hard to believe that they would consider yet another track line.

There is of course the factor of nostalgy, which may have a say in this. I believe, that if we ever see Trix Express track or M-track for that matter, it would be because of a nostalgic reasons and only for a limited time period. Perhaps some sort of marketing gimmick.
Søren from Denmark
Offline gerardo960  
#23 Posted : 23 March 2015 14:23:09(UTC)
gerardo960

Argentina   
Mr. Sjlaurritsen is right but may be a possibility that the tracks again as you say trix express nostalgica shaped or a limited edition. we should expect to happen.Mellow
Offline TTRExpress  
#24 Posted : 31 March 2015 02:09:53(UTC)
TTRExpress

United States   
Originally Posted by: steventrain Go to Quoted Post
I can not find Trix forum but this forum can help you if you have any problem with Trix items.

Other forum such as Stummi.de forum but only in German.

Originally Posted by: Jamie Go to Quoted Post
Is there a forum for Trix HO trains?

Thanks,

Jamie

If you need information on TRIX Express please contact me. I operate TRIX Express, TRIX H0 and TRIX Twin. We have two collector groups that you join also.

Regards
Maurice
Regards (a Scot in Wisconsin),

Maurice [ETE, TTRCA, IG-TRIX Express, Maerklin-Insider & TRIX Profi-Club]
Offline gerardo960  
#25 Posted : 01 April 2015 01:20:40(UTC)
gerardo960

Argentina   
Maurice I need information the trix express E.M.S. in booklet or manual and providers tracks and turnouts preferably new.
Offline TTRExpress  
#26 Posted : 01 April 2015 02:53:35(UTC)
TTRExpress

United States   
Maurice I need information the trix express E.M.S. in booklet or manual and providers tracks and turnouts preferably new.

Hi Gerardo,

I have information on the TRIX E.M.S system. The track used is TRIX Express or TRIX International (2 rail DC), one can also use Maerklin track. TRIX Express track is no longer manufactured, production stopped in 1999 in Germany and in 1975 in Great Britain. One can find plenty of good used track and turnouts on Ebay by searching Trix Express.

Do you operate the bakelite, fibre-based or the nickel-silver "super" track? I have spare pieces of all of these so if you need some I can send you.

File Attachment(s):
TRIX_EMS Article.doc (247kb) downloaded 12 time(s).
TTRExpress attached the following image(s):
EMS-2.jpg
EMS-1.jpg

Offline gerardo960  
#27 Posted : 01 April 2015 04:24:19(UTC)
gerardo960

Argentina   
Thanks I wonder if there are possibilities that are making tracks and detours can be used again for the commands used in Minitrix. one last question about the ems something and if Selectrix® can run trix express.
Offline TTRExpress  
#28 Posted : 01 April 2015 05:22:18(UTC)
TTRExpress

United States   
Thanks I wonder if there are possibilities that are making tracks and detours can be used again for the commands used in Minitrix. one last question about the ems something and if Selectrix® can run trix express.

I am not sure about the use of Selectrix with TRIX Express, I think it is possible but the system is old and not supported. You can run up to six trains simultaneously if you use EMS and catenary together. You can also add decoders to your locomotives and go digital.

You can convert your DC locomotives to digital and go all digital.

You can combine TRIX Express as follows: AC and DC together; or AC and Digital together.

Up to you what you want to do. Most of us who still operate the old TRIX are analogue either AC or DC. Some of us have EMS and a few I
believe have gone to some digital also.

Offline gerardo960  
#29 Posted : 01 April 2015 15:18:11(UTC)
gerardo960

Argentina   
Maurice I need digital systems is compatible with trix express but need fundamentally track and turnouts electric and the respective command.
Offline H0  
#30 Posted : 01 April 2015 16:17:01(UTC)
H0

Hi!
[...] and if Selectrix® can run trix express.
You can use any digital protocol with any track system. Selectrix, DCC, mfx - even MM when you use modern decoders.
You just need a controller and decoders that have one protocol in common.

Every loco will need a decoder. Every turnout must be connected to a decoder to allow digital operation.

I don't know what people do if they use Trix Express digitally. You can connect the outer rails inside the loco to get better ground contact if you want purely digital operation.
But do not make this connection if you still want to be able to run the locos on analogue Trix Express layouts.
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline TTRExpress  
#31 Posted : 01 April 2015 18:02:04(UTC)
TTRExpress

United States   
Hi!
[...] and if Selectrix® can run trix express.
You can use any digital protocol with any track system. Selectrix, DCC, mfx - even MM when you use modern decoders.
You just need a controller and decoders that have one protocol in common.

Every loco will need a decoder. Every turnout must be connected to a decoder to allow digital operation.

I don't know what people do if they use Trix Express digitally. You can connect the outer rails inside the loco to get better ground contact if you want purely digital operation.
But do not make this connection if you still want to be able to run the locos on analogue Trix Express layouts.

Tom,

You cannot run Digital and DC together on TRIX Express track. You can run TRIX Express AC locomotives and Digital together on same track.

There is really no point to running TRIX Express digitally as it detracts from the whole concept of twin train operation or three train operation with catenary. It was a pioneer in its time! Beat Maerklin to the punch in 1935 with the first electric H0 scale table top railway at the Leipzig Toy Fair.

Regards
Maurice

Offline gerardo960  
#32 Posted : 02 April 2015 02:13:28(UTC)
gerardo960

Argentina   
Hi Maurice I thought there was some digital grid available trix express locomotive and could rule as accessories thought that could be the one used minitrix.
Offline TTRExpress  
#33 Posted : 02 April 2015 03:32:28(UTC)
TTRExpress

United States   
Hi Maurice I thought there was some digital grid available trix express locomotive and could rule as accessories thought that could be the one used minitrix.

The only "digital grid" I recall was Selectrix which was primarily for use with Minitrix. I think you could have used it with TRIX Express but I never saw any locomotives fitted with Motorola type decoders. TRIX Express remained primarily analogue operation unless one installed the EMS unit or purchased locomotives that were manufactured with the EMS unit already installed. There was not a huge selection of locomotives that were available for EMS operation.

The TRIX Express Instruction booklet linked below does not even cover Selectrix.

http://www.mein-hobby.info/trixratgeber/

I cannot help you with Selectrix, but maybe if you contacted the IG TRIX Express in Germany they may be able to advise you. The link is below:
http://www.ig-trix-express.de/

I can help you with regular TRIX and TRIX Express questions.

Offline gerardo960  
#34 Posted : 02 April 2015 03:41:09(UTC)
gerardo960

Argentina   
maurice I've seen these books thanks but is very difficult to get parts of the EMS if there was something more accessible and practical.
Offline TTRExpress  
#35 Posted : 02 April 2015 14:56:33(UTC)
TTRExpress

United States   
maurice I've seen these books thanks but is very difficult to get parts of the EMS if there was something more accessible and practical.

Gerardo,

Considering EMS and the later TRIX 2000 System originated over 25 years ago I am not surprised that parts are nearly impossible to find.

If you want to go digital you can install the newer Maerklin/TRIX decoders in your locomotives and use the TRIX Central Station. However, if you want to operate the original TRIX Express turnouts and signals digitally you may want to refer to the Ratgeber and wire something similarly using the latest control boxes supplied by Maerklin/TRIX.

You can also investigate the use of Lenz digital system also.

Regards
Maurice

Offline gerardo960  
#36 Posted : 02 April 2015 16:01:05(UTC)
gerardo960

Argentina   
Maurice; ok I has reason you'll investigate the lenz system to see if it is compatible with the trix express too if I can report on some trix 2000 brochure or catalog.
Offline TTRExpress  
#37 Posted : 03 April 2015 03:37:05(UTC)
TTRExpress

United States   
Gerardo,

Here is a good link describing the TRIX 2000 system. It was primarily used for Minitrix.

http://www.hpw-modellbah...nik/digitalsysteme09.htm

Here is a link to a general description on Selectrix (TRIX 2000)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Selectrix

You can read all the information on Lenz systems here at this link: http://lenzusa.com/index.htm

For digital questions you need to consult others in this forum or contact a reputable dealer.

Regards
Maurice

Offline gerardo960  
#38 Posted : 03 April 2015 03:46:41(UTC)
gerardo960

Argentina   
Maurice; Have you seen the new locomotives trix express presented this year have DCC and MFX as the mobil station of trix connects to trix express tracks.
Offline H0  
#39 Posted : 03 April 2015 08:16:15(UTC)
H0

Maurice; Have you seen the new locomotives trix express presented this year have DCC and MFX as the mobil station of trix connects to trix express tracks.
Yep. Same for LGB.
Märklin's own decoders do not support Selectrix. I think for N gauge they continue to use third-party decoders with SX and DCC, but for other gauges they use their own decoders with mfx and DCC.
Neither MS2 nor CS2 support Selectrix.
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline gerardo960  
#40 Posted : 03 April 2015 15:31:10(UTC)
gerardo960

Argentina   
thanks HO but then I have to install the decoders that provides Märklin in locomotives of trix express.
Offline TTRExpress  
#41 Posted : 03 April 2015 20:59:10(UTC)
TTRExpress

United States   
thanks HO but then I have to install the decoders that provides Märklin in locomotives of trix express.

You will have to install the decoders that are specific for use with the mobile station. You will have to remove the center rail collector shoes and operate from the outer two rails as if for two-rail running. I am attaching the manual.

File Attachment(s):
66950_Mobile-Station_Trix_DE_EN.pdf (6,707kb) downloaded 15 time(s).

Offline H0  
#42 Posted : 03 April 2015 21:05:45(UTC)
H0

Or those from ESU. Or Uhlenbrock. Or Zimo. Or Lenz. Or ...

Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline Webmaster  
#43 Posted : 03 April 2015 21:26:19(UTC)
Webmaster

I don't know, but it seems like Trix info is rather scarce on the internet...

Should we maybe even start a special Trix section in this forum?

I just ask since it would take some serious thought and effort to make it work...
Juhan - "Webmaster", at your service...
He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. He who does not ask a question remains a fool forever. [Old Chinese Proverb]
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Webmaster
Offline cookee_nz  
#44 Posted : 03 April 2015 21:37:12(UTC)
cookee_nz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: Webmaster Go to Quoted Post
I don't know, but it seems like Trix info is rather scarce on the internet...

I just ask since it would take some serious thought and effort to make it work...

I was thinking this same thing yesterday. After all we have sections for Faller, and non-train products of Marklin so a Trix category would make sense.

Good idea
Cookee
Wellington
NZ image
Offline H0  
#45 Posted : 03 April 2015 21:52:44(UTC)
H0

A Trix section? Or a Trix Express section?

If a Trix section should come, why not also make a Fleischmann section, a Roco section, a Piko section, ...
Faller? Do we need a Kibri section, a Viessmann section, an Auhagen section, ...

Many H0 questions are asked in the GMR section or in the Reviews section.

I think three sub-sections in the H0 section would make sense: "3-rail" (excluding Trix Express), "2-rail", "Trix Express".
But I'm afraid people will continue to ask many H0 questions in the GMR section ...
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline gerardo960  
#46 Posted : 03 April 2015 23:22:06(UTC)
gerardo960

Argentina   
Hi boys but I want to keep three-rail system assures me then that you can continue to operate with 3-rail. As the Märklin digital system that no matter how old it can adapt to digital.
Not a bad idea to create a section to evacuate trix express doubts about where to publish catalogs and brochures.
Offline TTRExpress  
#47 Posted : 03 April 2015 23:29:45(UTC)
TTRExpress

United States   
I think a TRIX section would be worthwhile since the model train line is now owned by Maerklin and actually has been since 1999.

There is a forum for TRIX Express which one can access if one is a member of the IG TRIX Express group in Germany. Since Gerardo seems to be interested in the TRIX Express system and digital usage it may be worthwhile for him to join. The cost per year is 17 Euro.

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by TTRExpress
Offline gerardo960  
#48 Posted : 04 April 2015 00:15:12(UTC)
gerardo960

Argentina   
Maurice I´m investigating why a friend asked me to ask that he has the trix express simplente I've been trying to evacuate their doubts about this brand that had seen in catalogs trix who had returned to appear.
I poseeo a digital Märklin I have 16 locomotives and almost 60 wagons between freight and passengers.
Offline TTRExpress  
#49 Posted : 04 April 2015 03:48:33(UTC)
TTRExpress

United States   
Thanks for the reply Gerardo. Tell your friend that with TRIX Express there is no real need to go digital! Those of us who still operate it, love the uniqueness of the system and enjoy operating it as it was intended!

Offline cookee_nz  
#50 Posted : 04 April 2015 05:58:49(UTC)
cookee_nz

New Zealand   
A Trix section? Or a Trix Express section?

If a Trix section should come, why not also make a Fleischmann section, a Roco section, a Piko section, ...
Faller? Do we need a Kibri section, a Viessmann section, an Auhagen section, ...

Many H0 questions are asked in the GMR section or in the Reviews section.

I think three sub-sections in the H0 section would make sense: "3-rail" (excluding Trix Express), "2-rail", "Trix Express".
But I'm afraid people will continue to ask many H0 questions in the GMR section ...

There's a significant difference here, for one thing, Trix is now owned by Märklin, so there's a solid link there.

It's also been proved that there appears to be a shortage of Trix information in English and this would be an opportunity to plug that gap.

As for Trix or TTE, why not both, as sub-categories?

Re Faller - well for many of us, Faller and Märklin have been intertwined for a very long time and it is hard to image two manufacturers more synonymous with each other, not to say that the other brands are not also fine products, but just like Märklin, there is 'something about' Faller that captures the imagination- je ne sais quoi

It would be up to Juhan whether he wanted to expand to include the likes of a Fleischmann section, a Roco section, a Piko section but personally speaking, I think that is going a step too far.

But it's all good debate ThumpUp
Cookee
Wellington
NZ image