Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline clapcott  
#51 Posted : 25 March 2015 00:45:06(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
Re:
Picture 11
This TEXT-item is here only for timing. I think this is basicly ment for delaytime at the station.

This is a convenient delay technique, however its real purpose is to compose a timetable for use with either mFX+ GameWorld locomotive operation or with the schedule clock mode.
Refer to separate section on "Using the Memory to set up TimeTables"
Peter
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by clapcott
Offline clapcott  
#52 Posted : 25 March 2015 00:50:35(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
Re: page 11
- Impulse Function

To avoid confusion I would suggest using the same terminology as can be seen in the picture - i.e. "Momentary Function"
Peter
Offline siroljuk  
#53 Posted : 25 March 2015 08:07:34(UTC)
siroljuk

Finland   
Hello everyone,

Thank you Peter for your valuable comments and corrections. I am going to make changes to document.

Because I don´t have mFX+ locos I cannot write anything about those features.¨

When I saw that Märklin is going to publish new book about CS2 and it´s features I decided to wait for that before I continue writing.

Anyways, I have been testing all the time S88 features around memory and also various number of contact points an so on.
I have learned all the time better and better that the best way to automate is keeping everythin as simple as possible.

Don´t try to make complicated sequences, make clear and small secuences, only few items inside and combine those. dont´t try to make complicated memory packages. Write always your plans on the paper too.
CUT THE POWER before you do anything with you layout hardware.

There is a lot of fun to use your brain as part of the routes "on line."That is the whole trick of playing with Märklin isn´t it.

Happy trainig BigGrin
Regards
Jukka
Offline clapcott  
#54 Posted : 25 March 2015 20:04:29(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: siroljuk Go to Quoted Post
Because I don´t have mFX+ locos I cannot write anything about those features.¨

The "Timetable" facility has yet to mature in my opinion, and right now is a solution looking for a problem. I would also stil call the implementation a bit "clunky"

That said it can be demonstrated in both mFX+ cab mode (not Steam) or on the Clock mode of the Control panel.

If you have a memory sequence definded with text in it, then clicking the timetable window of CabMode or the display window below the clock will provide a menu with just those memory sequences (i.e. it will filter out the other memory sequences)

Quote:

When I saw that Märklin is going to publish new book about CS2 and it´s features I decided to wait for that before I continue writing.

I will reserve judgement, however what the book does not provide and which this forum does, is a two way dialogue with "how do you do ..." Q&A.

I am surprised I haven't seen any posts like this, which might be used as real life scenarios.
Peter
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by clapcott
Offline siroljuk  
#55 Posted : 26 March 2015 08:21:04(UTC)
siroljuk

Finland   
Hello,

Very good, I am quite excitedThumpUp ThumpUp about this:

""If you have a memory sequence definded with text in it, then clicking the timetable window of CabMode or the display window below the clock will provide a menu with just those memory sequences (i.e. it will filter out the other memory sequences)""

This opens up completely new opportunities for my studies, hopefully CS2 speed is enough for all experiments.

When you try you learn. . . and by reading the forum you learn more and more.
Thank you Smile Smile
Happy training
Jukka
Offline siroljuk  
#56 Posted : 26 March 2015 10:02:47(UTC)
siroljuk

Finland   
Originally Posted by: clapcott Go to Quoted Post
Re: ... page 3, under picture 2
When activated BR94 start run three seconds in speed of 53 ( at the moment I don’t excatly know what that 53 stands for)

Below is from the help file "hilfe/de/fsitem_speed.html" translated using google ...

In summary the CS2 uses a 0-1000 scale for its internal speed range - this is divided into increments based on the decoders definition of # of steps.
Possibly the easiest way to conceive this is as a percentage divided by 10 - thus 53 = 5.3% of maximum speed

This is rather an over simplification as ...
- the speed curve set into the decoders of modern locomotives is rarely linear
- for a given decoder speed step (say 14 on a 28 step decoder) the scope within the 1000 range could be from approx 482 to 512 )
however it does give a starting reference.
- the magic around a 27 step decoder interpreting a 1-14 command range depends on acceleration v deceleration.

I have my reservation about the calculation shown
I suggest you would be better to learn the speed by driving the loco the way you want and noting the values anyway.

FWIW, on the normal CS2 throttle control page, the FS (Fahstufen) value shown next to the green speed bar max's out a "-1" (1 less) than the specified decoder. i.e. for an mfx 126 step decoder it is 125 and for an old MM 14 step decoder it is 13.

Change engine run command

Loco
Selection of the loco to be controlled
Speed
desired speed of the locomotive in parts per thousand (1: 1000) of the maximum speed of the locomotive
0 = stopping the locomotive with ABV
1 = locomotive runs at the lowest possible gear
100 = train reaches 10% of full speed
500 = train reaches 50% of full speed
750 = train reaches 75% of full speed
1000 = train reaches full speed
Waiting period
The pause after this step run (real-time hh: mm: ss.ss)

If you want to calculate the (per 1000) value for an appropriate gear (decoder spreed step) , the following formula is used:
- Rate (per thousand) = 1+ (increment * ( desired_speed_step -1))

The step size is obtained from the number of speed steps, supported by the decoder:
14 speed steps
increment = 77
27 speed steps
increment = 38
28 speed steps
increment = 37
31 speed steps
increment = 33
126 speed steps
increment = 8
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Peter, How on earth you find this link: ""hilfe/de/fsitem_speed.html"", I tried to find it, but I didn´t.

Maybe you have similar hidden secrets, please tell us how to find them

Regards

Jukka
Offline clapcott  
#57 Posted : 26 March 2015 11:13:59(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: siroljuk Go to Quoted Post

Hi Peter, How on earth you find this link: ""hilfe/de/fsitem_speed.html"", I tried to find it, but I didn´t.

If you press the help button on the "edit route element" screen for a locomotive it is missing any English text however it will show hilfe/en/fsitem_speed.html. By changing the "en" to "de" you get the german help page.
This page is found either in the directory you installed the CS2-PC program for direct from your CS2 (on the network) at http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/hilfe/de/fsitem_speed.html

Of course if you have set up the CS2 (or CS2-PC) with language = de the the help works OK
Peter
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by clapcott
Offline siroljuk  
#58 Posted : 26 March 2015 17:01:31(UTC)
siroljuk

Finland   
Thank you very much.

Then it really is so that we have to start to study German language, because English version help doesn´t show all important things in CS2.
That is really bad thing.Confused
Does anyone know how to get into CS2 and its website so that we could read all txt-files what we can find inside.
I think it would be much easier to translate all help files. Who know what marvellous information there might be.

regards Jukka